Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (14659 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Rex123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
soulpeppersoup:

Have you ever heard of Arochukwu local government? Two towns I know there have boundary with the Mediterranean sea. So I don't know why uninformed people go online to talk what they don't know.

Many of them think Igbo end with with a few town they know. I don't blame them, I blame the government that has neglected to develop some of these places.

We are talking about the cement factory dangote is going for at isu, but many don't know it is because of the sea route that is attracting him not the lime deposits.

Did you ever attend any geography classes? If not please do? West Africa doesn't have access to the Mediterranean sea!
Please do go back to school and stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum!
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by BiafranAvatar(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
You can use all those smiley to make yourself feel better even as you die in pains but the truth remains that the moment you remember that we have our own identity and that people like me who's not an Ijaw man is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with an Ijaw man to put to an end to your expansionist agenda, you'll always come back to your senses and reevaluate your lies and stop spreading further lies that will make you bite the dust again.
You'll never get an inch from a width and breadth of any part of Niger Delta or South South or whatever freely by preying on our pride and cheap blackmail but under the barrels of the gun amidst sweat and blood. Go figure .......

At the coloured, tell me, and you think we will allow you to take the minority part of us Stop being silly, Niger Delta ain't an ethnic identity and so you can't use it or your south south nonsense to frustrate the Biafra struggle... you have no right to claim the whole Niger Delta away from Biafra while there are Igbos in the region as indigenous people of the region...

Yes, you're Itsekiriri and don't wanna be part of Biafra Good and fine, but thunder will romance you if you try to take our brothers over there...

Just Say The Name "BiafranAvatar"

7 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
Wow now I know the problem!! Please do not crucify tonyebarcanista! They ijaw people actually believe that Ndoki nkoro are ijaw, that have been corrupted by igbo I found this in their website.

Basan, Furupagha and Tungbo was also founded about this time, through ancestors coming from Nupe, Oporoma, Kolokuma and Ke. Other clans include the Buseni and Okodia, who hailed from Kolokuma and Benin-Izon (Ado), Egbema from Iduwini and Operemo. Okirika or Kirikeni hailed from Isoma-bou, Andoni, and Ogboin,. Others include the Ndoki, who came from Isedani of Kolokuma, but now speak Ibo, Nkoro or small Okirika, Zarama and Egbema of Imo region, Opobo (1800), who hailed from the house of Opubo of Ibani (Bonny) and Oruma, whose other name is Tugbene hailing from Oboloma. Altogether they constitute the Ijo people who stretch from the eastern shores to the western shores of the Nigerian coast.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by simplycarro: 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Igboland is land locked. Take it or leave it.!!!!
For any Igboman to see the sea, he or she MUST step out of his or her village in Igboland.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOPRINCE: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
SpaceTour:
I hate some people trying to attach themselves to others, to me it is complex issue. As far as I am still an Anambran I care-less about any other place unless it is strictly business.

we re not attaching ourselves to them, we re reminding them their identity. I cannot leave nnewi,aba or owerri to attached myself with ikwerre or opobo. But we need to school them where they belongs since we ve evidence to back up our claims.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
simplycarro:
Igboland is land locked. Take it or leave it.!!!!
For any Igboman to see the sea, he or she MUST step out of his or her village in Igboland.

mulattaclaro grin grin grin grin grin claro / weed smoking

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
http://www.nigeriannewspapers.today/crack-in-niger-delta-over-alleged-favouritism-of-ijaws-by-jonathan/

The Ijaw agenda of trying to corner the entire deep south under the ambiguous tag of Niger delta and use them for their selfish purpose will from hence forth be put under public scrutiny and magnified for all truth lovers to see.

The Ijaws promote Igbophobia in the deep south to enable them exploit the region.
They poison all and sundry in the region with a cooked up lies of Igbo agenda while the swiftly move for their expansionism agenda.

Ndiigbo had ignored them and their lies for the sake of phantom Eastern region unity, but will never again from now henceforth,

The Ijaw threat and propaganda must be dealth with, fair and square.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Opobo isn't an igbo town and can never be an Igbo until you're ready to lose and lose until you come back to your senses.

Are you aware that your brothers in my father's land are immigrants? If I would rephrase that, it means, ijaws are immigrants in opobo, bonny province, biafra

Excerpts below.

Since you are blind, please glue your eyes to the bolded..... even wiki agrees with me

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkoro

Opobo–Nkoro (also spelled Opobo/Nkoro) is a Local Government Area in Rivers State, Nigeria. It is part of the Andoni/Opobo/nkoro constituency of the Nigerian National Assembly delegation from Rivers. The capital is Opobo Town.[1]

The Opobo–Nkoro people are mainly farmers and fishermen.They are of Igbo extraction. They speak Igbo language Just like the neighbouring Bonny founded by Ndokis of Azuogu, slaves from the hinterland transformed the demography of the area when the Transatlantic Slave Trade was abolished. Ijaws who came in as porters also settled there and the Igbo language was adopted. Although, there are no indigenous Ijaw communities there, most Ijaw migrants and porters have fully been integrated into the original indigenous Igbo communities.

Pro-Natura International Nigeria has been assisting in community-led development in the LGA.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOPRINCE: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
No be everything you go de argue.
even the guy no sabi argue sef. Jus dey make out of points. I no even understand wetin him dey yan. Abeg help us brush am cos dis one no be politics.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by simplycarro: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
glassjar1:

mulattaclaro grin grin grin grin grin claro / weed smoking
Did you ever see the sea before leaving your village? tongue undecided
Igbo have no sea - take it or leave it! angry

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
[b] Crack In Niger Delta Over Alleged Favouritism Of Ijaws By Jonathan
NigerianNation 08/05/2015 General News

A socio-political group in the South-South, Ekpeye Youth Congress (EYC), has dismissed claims in some quarters that the immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan empowered the people of the region.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan

The group made this known in a statement jointly signed by its president-general and acting secretary, Emenike Uriah Musa and Anthony Onyemachi. The group dismissed the purported assertion made by Senator Shehu Sani, that the people of the Niger Delta were the major beneficiaries of Jonathan’s administration.

READ ALSO: Ijaw Leader Praises Appointment Of Boroh

According to Daily Trust the group said that the Ijaws were the main beneficiaries of the appointments and programmes carried out throughout the period Jonathan served as president.

The group said: “The attention of the Ekpeye Youth Congress (EYC) World-Wide has been drawn to the vituperations of one Mallam Shehu Sani, Senator Representing Kaduna North Senatorial District in the print media, to the effect that the people of Niger Delta are the only ones who benefited in political appointments and infrastructural development in the former President Goodluck Jonathan Administration, and that the North and South West did not benefit.”

READ ALSO: Oil Thieves Nabbed By JTF In Niger Delta

The group added that apart from the Ijaws, other major ethnic groups like the Urhobos, Ibibios, Anangs, Ogonis, Efiks, Ikwerres, Etches, Ekpeyes, Ndokwas,Ogojas, Ogbas as well as Binis, while others were left out.

“The beneficiaries of the Presidential Amnesty Programme were 90% of Ijaw extraction,” the group said.

The post Crack In Niger Delta Over Alleged Favouritism Of Ijaws By Jonathan appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM. [/b]

6 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
simplycarro:

Ugomba, see your customers.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOPRINCE: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
pazienza:

Silly. Jaja doesn't see himself as an Igbo man, and you think it was a coincidence he subtly created an Igbo speaking Opobo to send a message to future generations.
I know you Ijaws have weird theories on how Opobo ended up Igbo speaking today. Jaja an Igbo man played a fast one on you Ijaw people is an angle you won't accept.
Of course Jajas had to blend into Ijaw ways to maintain Peace and stability in the place, but it would be silly of you to believe that Jaja never considered himself an Igbo, if he didn't, why do you think he retained his connection with Amaigbo his home town, and never stopped telling anyone he came from there.

Igbos sold in far away places in New world did all they could to retain their Igbo identity, but in your Ijawtic mind, an Igboman sold into Ijawland just close to Igboland suddenly stopped seeing himself as Igbo.

Kam nukwa!

6 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Alert Alert! Visit every ijaw page you will see a deliberate effort to emasculate other minority,

One of them is this...
http://www.ijawfoundation.org/people.htm
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

We are not leaving our brothers in SS! Bonny island as a whole, phc, parts of benue , edo and kogi, none will be left to waste
When the time comes everything will be what it is suppose to be. Just keep spreading the truth I am proud of you, unfortunately the reading culture in Nigeria is fast dwindling so I will not discourage you from sharing knowledge each one teach.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
simplycarro:

I see lagoon
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
http://www.unitedijaw.com/people.htm

Here is another, they claimed Imo, abia too....
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by explorer250(m): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ijaws and lies are like bread and butter. I once heard an ijaw saying that they are the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria,these guys are on a quest of expansionism and when i knew this was when he said that we(ndokis) are ijaws. I hail from obigbo and i know that barcanistas claims only ends on nairaland. He cant come to my land and spew that trash.
In the event of this countries break up, opobo and bonny would go with us. I dont suscribe to a biafra of ijaws,urhobos and itshekiris. If we want to consider minorities, then it should be with akwa ibom and cross rivers,these guys have been in good terms with us 4 ages. 4 example arochukwu and ibibios forming the ogboni and ibini ukpabi cult

9 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
“The beneficiaries of the Presidential Amnesty Programme were 90% of Ijaw extraction,” the group said.

Look at this. Ijaws greedy nature marginalizing the rest of the deep south, yet some how, Ndiigbo are the oyel thieves and the bogeyman that want to steal their lands.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by simplycarro: 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
glassjar1:

I see lagoon

No wahala, Oba will build you a permanent residence under the lagoon. tongue cheesy

Oya, you and the other Biafra agitators should digest this:

THE IRONY OF BIAFRA AGITATORS
Not even the British Colonialists had the audacity to give us this horrible unitary system; this pan-handling pseudo-federalism.
Each of the former three regions of Nigeria came into Independence as an autonomous unit with its own separate Constitution.
Yes, Igbo people are the first group in Nigeria to form an ethnic political union, the Ibo Federal Union in 1944.
NCNC was formed by a coalition of Trade Unions all over Nigeria in 1944, majority of whom were Yorubas, led by Herbert Macaulay and Zik his Secretary.

At the death of Herbert Macaulay in 1946, Zik took over, installed Igbo people in the party's prominent positions and also made some unpleasant comments about how God has made Igbo the leader of other Nigerian ethnic groups.
This alienated a lot of prominent Yoruba and other ethnic groups and this was how NCNC became Igbo Party.
Egbe Omo Oduduwa did not transform to a party to checkmate NCNC until 1951.
The appointment of Zik as the Governor-General of Nigeria and the alliance of NCNC with NPC gave a lot of advantages to Igbo people, because the North was educationally disadvantaged.

So Igbo took over all the scholarship positions meant for the whole of the South and juicy federal portfolios. For this reason, [size=15pt]Igbo leaders are the ones that have always wanted a unified, not necessarily a united Nigeria.[/size]
The North never left anyone in doubt about wanting to be let alone to manage its own people. Their party was named NORTHERN People's Congress, when ABU was first created, it was named University of NORTHERN Nigeria before it was changed to Ahmadu Bello University. When they wanted to copy Awolowo's model of a regional bank, named National Bank, they named their own Bank of the NORTH. No one is in doubt where their heart is, up till now.

Awolowo never minced a word about his love for live and let live under a REAL federalist state. He wrote it in many of his works and it is no coincidence that the only state that has ever been created by a plebiscite in Nigeria was from the old Western Region, the Mid-Western State, even though there were agitations in other two regions.
Igbos are the one that named their University, the University of NIGERIA, their party NCNC was National Council of NIGERIAN Citizens, when they copied Awo's National Bank, they took it a step further and named it AFRICAN Continental Bank! They love big things.
I don't blame them for loving Nigeria so much, they were having a swell time, they became rapidly educated by seizing the opportunity of federal scholarships that should belong to the whole South, because the country understood only North/South dichotomy under its federal system. They took close to 90% of the slots. Others can fight for the rest.

Those adventurous military coup plotters wanted more. It wasn't a coincidence that four of the five military Majors that planned it were Igbos. There was a story of a coup within that coup. Nzeogwu was allegedly used for his charisma and Wale Ademoyega to create a semblance of ethnic balance. It was therefore not a coincidence that no Igbo leader died and the only NCNC guy that died in the coup Chief Okotie-Eboh was an Urhobo guy who had a problem with the likes of Mbadiwe over the Finance Ministry portfolio!
It wasn't surprising that when the coup failed Aguiyi-Ironsi instead of helping the most senior civilian Dipcharman to consolidate power, he decided to seize power and found advisers and comfort only amongst his kinsmen like Nwafor Orizu. Those who have always wanted to unify Nigeria. It has always been a part of NCNC agenda.
So, Aguiyi-Ironsi did the "needful" promulgated the Unification Decree. It didn't end there, a unified civil service required posting according to seniority. Since we had more educated Igbo, they started posting Igbo to take over positions from the Northerners as provincial heads. It was the last stroke that broke the camel's back.
You guys will recall that the coup that killed Northern and Western leaders took place in January 1966. The killing of Igbo in the North didn't happen until months later.

Aguiyi-Ironsi failed to prosecute the coup plotters, when he unified the system and Igbo people started taking over in their territories, all hell was let loose.

The real reason behind the pogrom. The Northerners as said by Tafawa Balewa had always been wary of Igbo tendency for dominating others.
So it is an irony that it was an Igbo man that gave us this crooked federalism they are the ones that had always wanted a unified Nigeria and they were the first to go to three and a half years of war fighting it just a few months after they created it.
Of course when the Notherners tasted the amount of power vested in this unitary system, they have refused to let go.
Here we are, 49 years after, Biafrans are still fighting their creation. A case of be careful what you wish for.

Let's go back to 1963 Constitution.
Caveat:
Please note that these are verifiable historical facts and not an attempt to diss anyone. If you don't like it, write your own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOPRINCE: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

We are our own people. We know who we are and we know our heritage. No outsider can determine for us. I have already made the position of our people and Rivers state very clear without sentiment.
The Status of Every Ijawland is non-negotiable.

To the ignorant folks, a google search will help
you only made your decision or position as an okrika man to entangled/attached with an ijaw nation. (Minority)
So you didn't made your decision or your position to opobo,ndoki , ikwerres,etche,egbemma,ahoada,etc

So guy speaks for your people alone.

Is a good thing cramjones bought you kaikai to drink again.
Stop drinking bro, it ain't good for you. I hate it when you talk what you don't know. This is not politics.

Onye mmai.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
explorer250:
Ijaws and lies are like bread and butter. I once heard an ijaw saying that they are the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria,these guys are on a quest of expansionism and when i knew this was when he said that we(ndokis) are ijaws. I hail from obigbo and i know that barcanistas claims only ends on nairaland. He cant come to my land and spew that trash.
In the event of this countries break up, opobo and bonny would go with us. I dont suscribe to a biafra of ijaws,urhobos and itshekiris. If we want to consider minorities, then it should be with akwa ibom and cross rivers,these guys have been in good terms with us 4 ages. 4 example arochukwu and ibibios forming the ogboni and ibini ukpabi cult

They said you are from ijaw you took up igbo language...

Here is the link http://www.unitedijaw.com/people.htm
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOSON1: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

You summarised to suit your ego. Clap for yourself. Opobo was founded not as an Igbo nation, we had different culture from Igbo bar the language which is still been an issue with the people of Bonny. So Bonny is still an Igbo land since Jumbo houses are Igbo slaves. Please go and read history of Opobo Kingdom written by her indigene not what one man at Arochukwu wrote.

^^^Don't sound like a knobhead!

Was there any concept of an Igbo nation when Opobo was birthed?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Emekamex(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
->I don't understand Ijaw and their need to rule/dominate the whole of Niger Delta.
->Niger Delta comprises of different ethnic groups like Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Igbo and to name a few; it is quite logical that the Igbos in the Niger Delta will want to align with Biafra.
->Saying their land in the Niger Delta in which they have occupied for many years is not theirs is the same as denying and chasing away all Igbos from the geographical location called Nigeria simply because they want to form their own country.
->Just as every ethnic group has a parcel of land in the Niger Delta, likewise are the Igbos; and if they decide to align themselves to Biafra, no one can deny them that right.
->Encompassing the whole of Niger Delta as one has always been the root cause of conflict; Niger Delta can never be one; just like Nigeria can never be one; this is the simple truth.

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Dbboy(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
H
patrick89:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkoro

Opobo–Nkoro (also spelled Opobo/Nkoro) is a Local Government Area in Rivers State, Nigeria. It is part of the Andoni/Opobo/nkoro constituency of the Nigerian National Assembly delegation from Rivers. The capital is Opobo Town.[1]

The Opobo–Nkoro people are mainly farmers and fishermen.They are of Igbo extraction. They speak Igbo language. Just like the neighbouring Bonny, founded by Ndokis of Azuogu, slaves from the hinterland transformed the demography of the area when the Transatlantic Slave Trade was abolished. Ijaws who came in as porters also settled there and the Igbo language was adopted. Although, there are no indigenous Ijaw communities there, most Ijaw migrants and porters have fully been integrated into the original indigenous Igbo communities.

Pro-Natura International Nigeria has been assisting in community-led development in the LGA.

My brother can you imagine small Ijaw trying to steal our land because Nigeria together with allied forces defeated in a battle that took 3 yrs if Ijaw think they are strong and stubborn when Biafra secede let them try to drag an inch of our land with us and 2 days is just enough to wipe them as I said earlier am not interested in leaving side by side an Ijaw man for all I know I detest them with all my life and I don't want there land either but if they try to take our land then they may be asking for something else.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by tsdarkside(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:
To those who says igboland is landlocked, heres a post from an opobo lady who is very vepround.d of her igbo lineage..... Mind u, i used the word 'VERY VERY PROUD'

It's a great blessing to be IGBO!
I can tell you a million and one reasons why I relish being IGBO!
In my next twenty lifetimes, I would love to still remain IGBO!
We are like the Jews. Anytime a group is persecuted, guess what?, they become stronger in virtually all aspects of life.

My story will be short because I have clients (HIV-infected professionals and non-HIV clients) waiting for me.

I remember going to Opobo in the company of my late father, Chief Sir Edmund Obizukowa EZIE, the late town clerk of Portharcourt Municipality from 1960 to about (not exactly sure now) 1964. We visited the compound of the historical and beloved KING JAJA of Opobo. My dad told us that the late king hailed from AMAIGBO in Orlu and was the father/founder of Opobo.

Opobo, Ahoada and many of these areas are IGBO.
Please do not disgrace God by renouncing your IGBO HERITAGE!!
Instead, please remain proud of it.

Sincerely,

Dr. Tina Edmunds-OGBUOKIRI (Nee EZIE)
Professor of Pharmacology/Therapeutics, College of Medicine of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus and Consultant Clinical Pharmacist to the UNTH (1979-1994).
Takemi Fellow, Harvard School of Public Health, (1994-1995)
Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy ( 1996-2014)
CEO/Founder Tina Ogbuokiri and Associates , Expert Witnessing and Technical Defense for Litigations (2014 -present)

ohhhh,heavens no.....Biafra is not getting even 1m2 land from nigeria........
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
tsdarkside:

ohhhh,heavens no.....Biafra is not getting even 1m2 land from nigeria........

So wats your point Boy!

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by obayaya(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

We are our own people. We know who we are and we know our heritage. No outsider can determine for us. I have already made the position of our people and Rivers state very clear without sentiment.
The Status of Every Ijawland is non-negotiable.

To the ignorant folks, a google search will help

The air of finality with which you air your opinions exposes the faults in your person.

who are you to make the emboldened assertion? Who made you the spokesman of the rivers people?

Yours is a peculiar case of Grandiose personality disorder..

6 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by rexbuton: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
soulpeppersoup:

Have you ever heard of Arochukwu local government? Two towns I know there have boundary with the Mediterranean sea. So I don't know why uninformed people go online to talk what they don't know.

Many of them think Igbo end with with a few town they know. I don't blame them, I blame the government that has neglected to develop some of these places.

We are talking about the cement factory dangote is going for at isu, but many don't know it is because of the sea route that is attracting him not the lime deposits.

you mean Igbo land has boundary with Mediterranean sea/? wow! chukwu abiama has really blessed us
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Dhugal: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Is a thrash now. Distorted history to pride his ego and his followers. King Jaja is just one man in Ibani (Ijaw sub group like Kalabari and Wakireke))Land, Bonny. He moved with Ibani chiefs to another Ijaw lands which are the present day Opobo and was elected to be the King in same Ijaw land. So how is it now an Ibo land?
He was not made nor elected King by any Ijaw person,Jaja owned Opobo.It was,is and will remain his personal estate and property and that of his descendants generations to come.He made sure of that and it's been written into law.
If you have any problem with that,either lobby King Dandeson Jaja to declare himself and his progeny Ijaw or you pack out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Na by force to be an Igbo man? With your cooked up history to distort facts. Just that we re peace loving people, that is why you guys can spew whatever you like. Go to Wakama, George and some villages in Okrika that speak Igbos and tell them they re Igbos and see if you guys will not be under 6ft in less than 1min.

Now I know why the Ikwerres are very hostile to you lots. Give them one inch and they take a space, gradually your history is turned around.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by tsdarkside(m): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

So wats your point Boy!

who you dey call boy here??......thunda fire you!!! angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DISCOs: We Have Not Been Informed Of Tariff Hike Suspension / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, ACF Disagree Over Civilian JTF’s Recruitment Into Army / Sit-At-Home Order: Transporters In Abia Beg For Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.