Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,445 members, 7,888,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical (31184 Views)

Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) / Buy Ugu (fluted Pumpkin) Seed In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by korede101(m): 2:45am On Nov 05, 2016
mr sunny how was the ugwu farm going?
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by shadowid: 5:54am On Nov 05, 2016
how did u do wt irrigation
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by thebestprice(m): 1:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Sunnycliff:
The size of my farm is 50m by 30 metres length. At a planting distance of 1m by 1m I have 1500 stands of 2 seeds per hole.

I bought the pods in the local market here in Owerri, Imo state. l spent a total of #13000 for the seeds.

I used #10000 for the clearing.

This is the pix of the cleared farmland ready for planting. Am going to use zero or minimum tillage. Hence am not making any bed or ridge. Just planting at a depth of 20-25cm
how can I get them seeds
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by shamsideenoseni: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2016
ok
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Simon94(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2017
@sunnycliff,i really appreciated ur kind gesture on these thread but i don't understand what u mean by topping or thumb off
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Sunnycliff(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2017
Simon94:
@sunnycliff,i really appreciated ur kind gesture on these thread but i don't understand what u mean by topping or thumb off

It means cutting off the tip of the ugu leaves
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Wealthyonos(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
no update?
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by vanV: 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
pls can Ts grow well where der is an intense sun
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Seun(m): 3:48am On Oct 26, 2017
bump.
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Paulordiah(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
what of irrigation. Drip, sprinkler spray tube or rain gun
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
meflow:
Weldone i love this keep it up pls how many seeds of ugwu did u get for that #13k it it 100 or 200 pls i want to kn or are they in the pod wen u bought they and how many seed did u get in the pods each wen u brake them tnks God bless u
using comma and full stop and capital letters where due will ease the understanding of this post.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by DBounty(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
What about staking, is it necessary? what are d advantages and economic benefits
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by MikeBetty(m): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=Sunnycliff post=39471267]

I would have gone to the Imo State Agricultural Development Programme office but the seeds are not readily available from them and this is a time bound project,
is It The One At Nekede Road Near Zoo?
Though its quite hectic cos I went to the market 3 times as I could not get all the seeds at once! But the gains is worth the pains wink

I bought in pods! I had a total of 15 big pods with an average of 105 seeds each!
However you can buy the seeds from the local markets here in owerri and its environs at 7-8 seeds for #100. The cost seems a bit high because this is the dry season when there is no much pods in the market!
I would have gone to the
Re: Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical by idrisalomagold(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Sunnycliff:
Topping of the vines of the vegetables!

New off shots/lateral vines, 5-8 days after the topping practice!

The topping cultural practice is done 21-25 days after germination or 29-34 days after planting! However a simpler rule of the thumb for topping off is that you count at least 8-10 leaf notches before you cut off the vines with a very sharp kitchen knife!
Weldone OP for this beautiful piece. please OP, I have some following questuons concerning this topping and I will be glad to see you help me respond.

(1). what do you mean by topping the vine
(2). How do I do that or what exact part do I cut?
(3). What is the real importance of topping the vine.
Note; I'm asking this because I never did something of such to the ones I planted in my garden.

Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna State Commissions Tomato Pack House (photo) / Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.