Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title (8505 Views)

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / Three Factions Contesting Eze Ndigbo Title In Ibadan, Oyo State / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2009
go to your kingdom and rule them-your subjects.
as an igbo,i DO NOT recognize any EZE outside his kingdom where
he protects and promotes the custom and tradition of the kingdom.
CHALATANS,i call them-the title seekers.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by romeo(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Wow, getting all riled up aren't we? Did you manage to answer my question per chance?

Are they from Lagos State?

Did you even ask a question? You made a statement and it was clear. freaking tribalists
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by biina: 10:38am On May 08, 2009
romeo:

Did you even ask a question? You made a statement and it was clear. freaking tribalists
FYI, a statement does not end with question mark.
No matter how large a community one might have,  it is rude to unilaterally seek to establish a royal heritage when you are guest in another man's domain.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Eziachi: 10:42am On May 08, 2009
The only language most people understands is the language of money. I instead of banning the Eze Ndi Igbo title and any other title, why not tax them out of existence and make a law that will impose an annual one million naira tax plus VAT on every single title any one has in exception of real traditional rulers. Any one that use such a title without paying will face five years in jail or a fine of five million naira.

And overnight, you will see, that all the chiefs or thieves will disappear and they will even beg you never to refer them as chief anymore. And what a way to raise money outside the monthly oil money hand out.  In fact I suggest this to my uncle when he was governor for eight years and he told me that he has chieftancy titles in almost all the towns of his own state. That he will be bankrupt overnight and that buttressed my point.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by romeo(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2009
biina:

FYI, a statement does not end with question mark.
No matter how large a community one might have,  it is rude to unilaterally seek to establish a royal heritage when you are guest in another man's domain.

You must be out of your mind teaching me about question mark. You're foolish? LoL

Not that i support even Oba of Lagos, i don't give a mess about them and Igbos don't have kings.

But when i see stupid comments like yours i feel like contributing. Do we have any EZE of Lagos? You feel the igbos have no right to establish a "ghost kingdom" in Lagos but should be under the Oba?

The title is eze ndigbo of Lagos (King of Igbos in Lagos) and not Eze of Lagos. Some people must be so dumb not to understand this.

Another man's land! Another man's kingdom Blah Blah Blah cheesy and they are young NIGERIANS.  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by chidichris(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2009
I wish i had the opportunity of personally thanking the Governor for taking such a courageous decision.
I am an Igbo man born & bred but i feel disgusted any time i see these jokers masquerading as Eze this or that. For those of you not too knowledgeable in our way of live, Igbo's from inception didnt have any central ruler, prompting the English colonial masters to enthrone one for us (which was forcefully rejected back then because it was alien to our way of life).  However as Chinua Achebe (Igbo Legend) wrote in his book "The Trouble with Nigeria", he couldnt understand why a tribe without any know ruler not too long ago now had all sorts "Mushroom Ezes and Igwe" all over the country and the world. They cant name one useful thing they have done both in their phantom kingdom or back home for that matter. In Rivers State for example they were always paying the then Governor courtesy calls and leaving with Ghana Must Go, which they keep to themselves. Little wonder they were able to pull down mile one market, kick them out of theirs make shift stores, pretend they were going to rebuild the market in 5months, this is 3 year running and still no market, all with no resistance. This is just one example, i dare not write more coz i am already getting worked up.
It is only in Igbo land that you have Ezes' and Igwes' who when they go back to their homeland become normal citizens (Two Captain(s) cant be on one ship). I am calling on all Sons and Daughters of Igbo Land to join hands and get rid of these JOKERS, so that when we speak we can be taken seriously via Presidential Elections come 2011 or 2014 whenever it is the turn of the south again.

PS: It is also on record that the world Igbo Day is held in Chicago (Chaired by the Igwe of Chicago) and not our home land, i wonder the sensibility in this foolishness.  (Chinua Achebe)

exactly, we are ezeless by history. most uninformed igbo men have decided to make hills out of valleys.
back home, we do not have a central king so why in lagos, abuja, america and dubai? is charity no longer start from home?
find out who and who that are involved, they must be either enugu or anambra state. the igbos shld be working on how best to get united and not scattered with inordinate ambitions of being igwe of nigeria and abuja. where is ohaneze ndigbo? what are their takes on these actions of bastardising what is supposed to be a heritage? when an unknown man with no traces will maybe out of wealth make himself eze over others, what are his credentials?
all these eze this eze that, are nonentities who have bought houses enough in lagos that they need more recognitions than landlords.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by romeo(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2009
chidichris:

find out who and who that are involved, they must be either enugu or anambra state.

Do you care to explain the above?
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by rasputinn(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2009
@ OP

Why did it take you so long to correct the error in your topic 
Or in the alternative,please tell us what the heck you meant by "Eze Love Machine"title
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by tpiah: 3:10pm On May 08, 2009
Typewriter:

well as Eze NdI Igbo one of Nairaland
and Eze Ndi Igbo of Internet. I can not be banned by any government cool

are you sure you're the Eze Ndigbo of nairaland? Who crowned you?

anyway, if you get proper credentials, I get some people wey I wan report oh! Certain subjects of yours dey misbehave too much for here!
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by grafikdon: 3:33pm On May 08, 2009
romeo:

Instead of sniffing gutter fumes and smoking dog hair, he gets high by constantly flinging inflammatory and derogatory remarks at Anambra/Enugu people. in his warped mind, they are not the ''real'' Igbo.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by spikedcylinder: 3:35pm On May 08, 2009

Did you not see a question mark in my post? Perhaps you might want to check my first post on this thread as well.

You don't even know my tribe and you accuse me of tribalism. Who's the tribalist now? undecided
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by luckiest: 4:26pm On May 08, 2009
Haha! why are we comparing white and black? all due respect to Bukky, even if you ask Bukky today he will tell you Fashola is the man, the farm project is a laudable one no doubt but the truth must be told; we are not talking about tarred roads; without thinking too far we know that the Lekki Free Trade Zone project will surpass Tinapa; because even while the project is going on the government is thinking of power. In football, clubs buy players based on their current form; when I look at Fashola's project I sometimes say that guy has gone crazy. If fashola is a sportsman he will be tested more than Usain Bolt for drug; every now and then workers around the state claim that he takes them unaware; in the guys who work around my area Surulere say they are working with fear of loosing their work because Fashola occasionally visit project site without notice.

Do you know that the new Tejuosho Market will have underground parking spaces and almost 5000 shops; he is planning to develop 2 out of the 7 light rail route, are we also talking about the badagry projects currently in works; accoring to CNN the only part of Africa that is fast developing than Lagos is Angola and the reason is because of Oil.

Even Obama cannot defect Fashola in Lagos (my opinion).

To think that I didn't even vote for Fashola during the election, if he contest for any election I will surely campaign for him free of charge; please also note that I will never vote for PDP so in the last election I voted for Agbaje because he managed to convince me ahead of others but Fashola have changed my view about election and running of office. If Fashola contest in Lagos come 2011, I don't see any party fielding a candidate.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by munchkins(f): 8:58pm On May 08, 2009
Helllooooo Nairalanders,

Please anybody or group is free to be or be called anything they want to be called it a free world for God sake.
Fashola should focus on building Lagos, He should keep doing the good job and forget about Title.
Please Tamme shut up and close ur big mouth, people like u are the problem we are having in Nigeria.
lol
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Typewriter(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2009
tpiah:

are you sure you're the Eze Ndigbo of nairaland? Who crowned you?

anyway, if you get proper credentials, I get some people wey I wan report oh! Certain subjects of yours dey misbehave too much for here!
well metion their names and i will do your bidding.

@tpiah am broke this weekend, what title do you want in Igbo land or on nairaland even if it's on the internet
i will give it to you for half the price, I need to buy palm wine for my cabinet member and girls go flow.
ok ok any amount will do just bring the money, and some bottle of beer (sorry palm oil my lolo need to cook something while am making your feather cap) wink

@ topic please treat us (Eze Ndi Igbo In Diasporas) with respect we are only trying to build an industry just like nollywood and the comedians
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by tpiah: 11:08pm On May 08, 2009
Typewriter:

well metion their names and i will do your bidding.

@tpiah am broke this weekend, what title do you want in Igbo land or on nairaland even if it's on the internet
i will give it to you for half the price, I need to buy palm wine for my cabinet member and girls go flow.
ok ok any amount will do just bring the money, and some bottle of beer (sorry palm oil my lolo need to cook something while am making your feather cap) wink

@ topic please treat us (Eze Ndi Igbo In Diasporas) with respect we are only trying to build an industry just like nollywood and the comedians

wey your credentials? before I part with my money. I'm Nigerian so shame on me if I get duped by a 419er. Not referring to you, sweetie. wink

wonder why there are so many broke dudes on nairaland these days?

Some of the ladies here are rolling in cash unlike y'all, so you might wanna try being nice!
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by adconline(m): 12:56am On May 09, 2009
U can never cure naija of its tribalism. How does chieftaincy title infringe on the rights of lagosians? Is Fashola saying that these so called T/chiefs are obstructing him from legally discharging his lawful duties? Are these T/Chiefs asking the Lagos state government to recognize their titles? There are better things to do than this.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by samparian(m): 1:22am On May 10, 2009
Sometime last year, the Igbo traditional rulers council(REAL EZEs and IGWEs) met with their northern counterparts and asked them to bann the EZE NDIGBO title holders in their domain.
These charlatans have been causing trouble in various areas they reside in.
Most of them dont belong to any igbo town union, and many of them dont even go to their home towns.
these clowns collect money from various state governors and politicians and confer FAKE "titles" on them, promising them the votes of Igbos who they dont even know.
I've witnessed such an event where 5 "Eze nidgbos" confered cheiftancy titles on 2 current governors.
No single true Eze or Igwe was there.
As an Igbo man of Royal ancestry, a Prince by Birth, I know that the government has placed restrictions on conferment of titles by traditional rulers.
[b]1. Before you become an Eze or Igwe in your Village, your full data MUST be presented to SSS, EFCC, and other government agencies to verify that you're not a criminal of any sort.
2. When you're cleared, your state government will then give you a certificate and certify you as a traditional ruler of your community.
3. Then you can perform your first OFALA and join the traditional rulers council of your state and Nigeria.
4. Before you, the EZE, can dash out cheiftancy titles, the recipients names MUST also be presented to EFCC, SSS, etc for processing and approval or denial.
5. Any ex convict, criminal, or persons of questionable characters are not eligible for any title.

I commend Fashola and i urge other governors to follow his steps.
Any Igbo man who feels the need to lead his people in a foriegn land should join his town or state union and contest for the presidency. That is where we'll know who the people truelly want at the helms of affairs. Not some fools parading in different corners of Lagos.
Ask them who gave them that title, where does his native town union have their meetings in Lagos, dont be suprised, the fools might not know.[/b]
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Chidoski(m): 6:52am On May 10, 2009
This ban has been long expected,I pray, other Govnors will follow suit.The've been outlawed by OHANEZE NDI IGBO,long before now.What is the litigation for?stupid fools
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Afaukwu: 7:21am On May 10, 2009
The good thing here is that Igbo monarchs in Igboland initiated the move. They only co-opted Lagos govt because they (Igbo monarchs) cannot effect their wish (of seeing these eediotic Igbo ''kings'' outside Igboland banned) since they do not operate outside Igboland. I support the ban in toto. Constitutionally speaking however, Lagos govt appears to be wrong because people have a right to association and to traditionally leadership, which I am not aware has boundary limitations. This will, thus, be a long-drawn out legal tussle which will probably end up at the Supreme Court
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Afaukwu: 7:24am On May 10, 2009
adconline:

U can never cure naija of its tribalism. How does chieftaincy title infringe on the rights of lagosians? Is Fashola saying that these so called T/chiefs are obstructing him from legally discharging his lawful duties? Are these T/Chiefs asking the Lagos state government to recognize their titles? There are better things to do than this. 

Read Bro! Igbo kings in Igboland requested the ban. Fashola only helped them achieve it. This looks more like a straighforward case rather than tribally-motivated.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by spikedcylinder: 7:51am On May 10, 2009
As if they will allow an Emir of Anambra or Abia to even breathe reality. undecided
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by IGWEUSA(m): 8:10am On May 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

As if they will allow an Emir of Anambra or Abia to even breathe reality. undecided

Dont talk what you dont know. Go down to the east and see how non igbos are living peacefully with out sleeping with one eyez open.

They even have community leaders in the east which serves the same purpose as Eze Ndigbo title.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Afaukwu: 8:12am On May 10, 2009
Many ignoramuses strut the Nigerian space who do not know that there are hausa and Yoruba communities in Igboland with their leaders. I agree that their leaders are not as noisy and obtrusive as Igbo so-called Ezes outside Igboland.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Afaukwu: 8:14am On May 10, 2009
There is an Asiwaju of Yoruba in Aba (just one example), and several Hausa Serikis in Igboland.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by chidichris(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2009

Romeo,
what is it that u did not understand in my statement? as i wrote in a very plain language.

Instead of sniffing gutter fumes and smoking dog hair, he gets high by constantly flinging inflammatory and derogatory remarks  at  Anambra/Enugu people. in his warped mind, they are not the ''real'' Igbo.

grafikdon,
i do not know about inflamation and derogation here but i know about truth via experiene.
let us do it this way, check out where ever u are and let the next person(romeo) check out where he is. who is the igwe of ndi igbo or eze ndi igbo of that land. come back with your result. if truths are inflamatory and derogatory, then i have no regrets.
the issue here is that igbos are not known with kings, and if anyone is making himself eze ndi igbo even without our consent, then he is either uninformed or a joker.
going to court against lagos state govt is another way of seeking notice.

in everywhere igbos gather outside their land, it is acceptable to have unions of which a chairman presides hence the idea of eze ndi igbo of heaven or mars is born of self and inordinate ambitions. we must always remember that there are certain traditions and cultures among the igbos and certain igbos are not entitle to kingship but this either of mushroom or ten containers importer king is bringing the igbos down on daily bases.

like i said, make your research and do that very well and find out what i said before you persecute me.

most times, it does not matter how you feel or how you are affected by a statement, rather the most important thing is the truth in the statement
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by asha80(m): 8:27am On May 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

This is the kind of statement u expect from someone who has not crossed the river niger.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by Uche2nna(m): 8:37am On May 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet if U are not sure of ur facts than to open ur mouth and erase all doubts. The above statement is as dumb as Bleep.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by redsun(m): 9:18am On May 10, 2009
Who made this motherfuckers kings self?What are their agendas?Same bullshit of oppressions,showoffs and manipulations.

Nigerians need to be mentally reborn for changes to come.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by samparian(m): 9:20am On May 10, 2009
Its not about allowing "emir of anambra", but believe me, Hausa's respect their royals very well and you can never see an almajiri or alhaji, no matter how rich, parade himself as Emir or sultan of Aba or even Lagos.

Most of these guys are just looking for identification with government officials.
Like i said earlier, We have town unions nin various states and each town union has a chairman.
Then we also have the state Igbo unions who have Leaders who were voted in on merits, not because of wealth. These are men whose tenure in office expire every 3 or 4 years.
These are the true Igbo leaders.
PURE and SIMPLE
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by redsun(m): 9:25am On May 10, 2009
We are all kings,just play the role.Our peoples says,if a child washes his/her hands properly,he/she will eat with kings.The role you play in this world is what you want play,if u want to be a pauper,u will be a pauper and if u want to be a noble,u be a noble.

It is ur imaginations,all u need to do is put it at work and make it rain.
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by samparian(m): 9:26am On May 10, 2009
see them grin
Re: Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title by redsun(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2009
If u want to be a king,u thik like a king, just like if u want to be a millionaire,u think a like a millionaire but unfortunately,some people don't think or rather think kings are made in heaven.Descendants of the gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Independence Messages For Nigeria / Why Is Africa Less Technologically Advanced Than European Countries? / Abba Kyari Orders DSS To Walk Amaechi Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.