Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,741 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

Pls Help. I'm Confused - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Help. I'm Confused (1087 Views)

I Just Got A New Job But I'm Confused Whether To Go For It Or Not / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
I recently got a job in ibadan( last week tuesday to be precised). Its an office job that reqires my presence every day(mon -fri). In my appointment letter, I am to gv at least a 2 day notice if I'm gonna be absent for a day and a month notice for resignation. I got a mail abt 5mins ago from another company that in lagos that I'v also snt ma cv to, inviting me 4 an interview tomorrow morni by 9. The interview is less than 16hrs now, I really dnt knw wat to do
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by kinibigdeal(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Be smart
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Be smart
I really dnt knw how to be smart in dis nw.. My absence not quickly announced may cause the company some fortune
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by PresVA: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Jadonjack:
I really dnt knw how to be smart in dis nw.. My absence not quickly announced may cause the company some fortune
Tell them it was an emergency hence you couldn't provide the required notice. ..

Except you want to be stuck in that job or the interview invite isn't from a better company, you really have to find a reason...
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
PresVA:
Tell them it was an emergency hence you couldn't provide the required notice. ..

Except you want to be stuck in that job or the interview invite isn't from a better company, you really have to find a reason...

Tnx ma'am
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Philadelphia: 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Jadonjack:

You didn't say the nature of your job
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Philadelphia:

You didn't say the nature of your job

An accounting officer and I also see to every activities in every units in the factory
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by femidejulius(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Life is all about risks

If the job you are travelling to Lagos for has career prospects, then make sure you go. If not, don't. If you want to go, send a text msg to your boss early on the morning of the interview informing him dt your dad is seriously ill and u guys have rushed him to the hospital. If he calls u, don't pick it up. Call him only later that evening dt he has been stabilised n dt u will be in the hospital the second day. Plead with him d second day dt u will like to leave work like one hour earlier to see your dad in the hospital. Dt way, he will believe ur dad was truly admitted.

I wish you good luck.
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by petiteee(f): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
femidejulius:
Life is all about risks

If the job you are travelling to Lagos for has career prospects, then make sure you go. If not, don't. If you want to go, send a text msg to your boss early on the morning of the interview informing him dt your dad is seriously ill and u guys have rushed him to the hospital. If he calls u, don't pick it up. Call him only later that evening dt he has been stabilised n dt u will be in the hospital the second day. Plead with him d second day dt u will like to leave work like one hour earlier to see your dad in the hospital. Dt way, he will believe ur dad was truly admitted.

I wish you good luck.
op, pls ignore dis guy
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by femidejulius(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
petiteee:
op, pls ignore dis guy

You know, I use to hear that if someone gives ur friend an alternative n u think it is not good enough, the best thing to do if you provide a much better alternative.I was only trying to help the OP and u come here to say he should ignore me while u provide no better alternative. What a shame!

OP didn't pay me for consultation. N he has d option of rejecting whatever options I provide even without u saying.
Its a shame u won't provide any better option but counter mine.. Anyway, such is life

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 29, 2015
femidejulius:
Life is all about risks

I wish you good luck.

Tnx man.. Really appreciate dis piece

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 29, 2015
petiteee:
op, pls ignore dis guy

Lool. I needed help, dats why I opened the thread. So I shld be prepared to shuttle from different ideas ere
Re: Pls Help. I'm Confused by petiteee(f): 5:52am On Oct 29, 2015
femidejulius:

You know, I use to hear that if someone gives ur friend an alternative n u think it is not good enough, the best thing to do if you provide a much better alternative.I was only trying to help the OP and u come here to say he should ignore me while u provide no better alternative. What a shame!

OP didn't pay me for consultation. N he has d option of rejecting whatever options I provide even without u saying.
Its a shame u won't provide any better option but counter mine.. Anyway, such is life
pele

(1) (Reply)

Late Night Vacancy / Job Vacancies/recruitment / Call For CV: Program Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.