Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,418 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:48 PM

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts (50293 Views)

How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by LOUIS6(m): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
onismate:
The materials are easy to access. Just work up to any shop they sell them. You can get jik any were..

..Can you post pictures of all the equipment you used and their names.. in both the screen printing and digital printing. For d sake of d new bees like me in da house.

Are we going to perform d procedures for each shirt or once... I mean the mixture of d emulsion and dat stuff on mesh.. or once we are through with d mixture of emulsion and d other stuff on mesh.. we should just be applying the black ink on the mesh to print as many clothes as we want?

...How much does one need to buy all the equipment for Digital Printing. ?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Tonybills(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
bross you are doing a very nice will here.
keep on
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2015
Tutorial continues.........

So after printing out the art work on A4 paper, get a very small container. Add some little quantity of emulsion into the container, and add a little quantity of sensitizer into the container that you have the emulsion. Stir /mix properly. after stiring the two substances inside the container to give you a mixture..

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:06am On Oct 31, 2015
After stiring the two substances inside the container to give you your mixture, get your mesh, and pour the mixture uniformly according to the size of our art work .... circulate the mixture using your skeegee to go around that area properly...
photo below...

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:09am On Oct 31, 2015
more photos of me using the server to circulate the substance around the mesh....

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:14am On Oct 31, 2015
After you must have circulated the mixture with your skeegee, use your hand dryer to dry the substance on the mesh... photo below of me drying my substance on the mesh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:26am On Oct 31, 2015
for those asking about the cost of starting the business. I will tell you the one for screen printing now, and when we get to digital stage I will tell you about that one. for the screen printing one needs about roughly N5,000 (Hand dryer inclusive). And the cost of materials depends in your location. you can get materials cheaper in Abuja than Lagos. But I will use Asaba as example.
Mesh--- N800
skeegee---N300
Hand dryer---- N2000 (depending on the type you want)
jik -------- N250
emulsion ---- N300 (depending on size)
Screen printing paint ------- N300 (depending on sizes)
kerosene--- N50
sensitizer----N250

5 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:29am On Oct 31, 2015
LOUIS6:

Are we going to perform d procedures for each shirt or once... I mean the mixture of d emulsion and dat stuff on mesh.. or once we are through with d mixture of emulsion and d other stuff on mesh.. we should just be applying the black ink on the mesh to print as many clothes as we want?

Baba please take am easy, no jump. we are moving gradually.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:42am On Oct 31, 2015
I have re-uploaded the photos of the materials we needed for the tutorial. please go to the first page but would still bring it back here... with the photo below .. The yellow stuff that has a handle is the skeegee. the content inside the Eva water is the kerosene. the paper that has the "farewell mama" is your artwork. that big wooden stuff under the paper is your mesh. You can see you jik. the white small container with a blue cover head is your emulsion. the other long pink container that looks like small bottle of alcohol is your sensitizer. then the white container in your screen printing paint.

please permit me because the updates if this thread would be slow daily. I will be updating at least once in a day. I am currently serving my country. I am in NYSC orientation camp so I have some limitations but will try updating this thread. But keep your questions coming.

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Chizin(m): 3:05am On Oct 31, 2015
onismate:
After you must have circulated the mixture with your skeegee, use your hand dryer to dry the substance on the mesh.. Note, if you don't have hand dryer, you can put your mesh in the sun for it to dry.. photo below of me drying my substance on the mesh..
plz, I want to correct something here. After applying the mixed emulsion and small qautity of sensitizer to the mesh, you should dry it wth dryer or leave to dry in dark place, cos expose to light at this stage, it will got spoilt.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Chizin(m): 3:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Again.. Note that mesh is of two types: 1. Mesh 90 and 2. Mesh 120. And from my own understanding mesh 120 gives neat work for tiny right ups.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2015
Chizin:
plz, I want to correct something here. After applying the mixed emulsion and small qautity of sensitizer to the mesh, you should dry it wth dryer or leave to dry in dark place, cos expose to light at this stage, it will got spoilt.
yeah, exactly. I thank u for dat

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2015
Chizin:
Again.. Note that mesh is of two types: 1. Mesh 90 and 2. Mesh 120. And from my own understanding mesh 120 gives neat work for tiny right ups.
both of them gives a good job depending on your usage.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by LOUIS6(m): 8:53am On Oct 31, 2015
onismate:
Baba please take am easy, no jump. we are moving gradually.

OK. Sir
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
The big question is, how does one source for business then considering the fact that he's just a beginner? What are the smart moves and the targeted channels a beginner can go loby for contract and hopefully get same?

More questions coming.

Meanwhile, i'm still following the thread bumber to bumper.

Well done Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by klexycole(m): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2015
LOUIS6:

OK. Sir

**Modified**

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:22am On Nov 01, 2015
permanentgrace:
The big question is, how does one source for business then considering the fact that he's just a beginner? What are the smart moves and the targeted channels a beginner can go loby for contract and hopefully get same?

More questions coming.

Meanwhile, i'm still following the thread bumber to bumper.

Well done Sir!
when I was leaving the place I was working after everything before coming for NYSC, my Oga, the owner of the business center gave me one important advise even when I have heard it couple of times. he said he admired my humility and tenacity. I never looked at the money he was paying, I focused on what would benefit him and make him happy. I will advise that you should discover what will make you happy and give you fulfillement. That doesnt mean you shouldn't think of money ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:45am On Nov 01, 2015
Tutorial continues.....

After using your hand dryer to dry the surface were the content was spread.(Dry it front and back). After it must have dried, take your printed art work, turn it upside down and place it on top of your dried mixture on the mesh. After that, add kerosene on top of the paper on the mesh. Make sure you spread the kerosene very well so it would circulate and saturate the paper... photo below..

1 Share

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:47am On Nov 01, 2015
more photos of me circulating kerosene properly on the artwork..

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:55am On Nov 01, 2015
After circulating the kerosene properly on your artwork, carry it to the sun. Note, how long it stays under the sun depends on the amount of sunny the day is. Why we are placing it on the sunlight is for our text transfer to the mesh. so for this particular mama ngbaku's work, I left it on the sun for 12 seconds. photo below....

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2015
onismate:
when I was leaving the place I was working after everything before coming for NYSC, my Oga, the owner of the business center gave me one important advise even when I have heard it couple of times. he said he admired my humility and tenacity. I never looked at the money he was paying, I focused on what would benefit him and make him happy. I will advise that you should discover what will make you happy and give you fulfillement. That doesnt mean you shouldn't think of money ooo.

Bro, let's be truthful to ourselves. Money is the reason we all hustle everyday and on everything. So there's no way we can write off that money-making-consciousness away from us unless we want to pretend. Happiness or no happiness. After all, those who turn and lift concretes wont tell you they are happy doing such but because they need to make money. In Nigeria, who is looking for what will make one happy when survival is the main hustle? I doubt if over 80% of Nigerians do what make them happy.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Chizin(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2015
onismate:
After circulating the kerosene properly on your artwork, carry it to the sun. Note, how long it stays under the sun depends on the amount of sunny the day is. Why we are placing it on the sunlight is for our text transfer to the mesh. so for this particular mama ngbaku's work, I left it on the sun for 12 seconds. photo below....
More grace, you are doing a good job here.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:00am On Nov 01, 2015
Chizin:
More grace, you are doing a good job here.
Thank you very much
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2015
permanentgrace:

Bro, let's be truthful to ourselves. Money is the reason we all hustle everyday and on everything. So there's no way we can write off that money-making-consciousness away from us unless we want to pretend. Happiness or no happiness. After all, those who turn and lift concretes wont tell you they are happy doing such but because they need to make money. In Nigeria, who is looking for what will make one happy when survival is the main hustle? I doubt if over 80% of Nigerians do what make them happy.
well, if that will make you happy feel free to do it. Yes money is not ruled out but I am using my case as an example. I didn't only make my Oga happy, I also made myself happy because I am going into this work. I even made a name and money too. so it all gave me happiness

5 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2015
onismate:
am impressed with your humanitarian service

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Great one OP. God bless you.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
onismate:
well, if that will make you happy feel free to do it. Yes money is not ruled out but I am using my case as an example. I didn't only make my Oga happy, I also made myself happy because I am going into this work. I even made a name and money too. so it all gave me happiness

Hmmm, let's start with the money making consciousness first and with such, that motivation will always be there.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Chizin(m): 6:17am On Nov 02, 2015
permanentgrace:

Hmmm, let's start with the money making consciousness first and with such, that motivation will always be there.
ok,
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by PatMcAdam(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2015
justfree1:
Thinking of starting your own business without affecting your current job or academics?
I just bought this powerful and life changing book online. It's just a 5 minutes read but it would solve your thinking problem
Thank me later

Thanks a million for sharing. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by donstevico(m): 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Following
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by lcoral(f): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2015
Great and inspiring craft to learn. Thanks @ op. Good job. Following keenly. No knowledge is a waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bags Of Shredded Old Naira Notes Allegedly Dumped By CBN (Video) / How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial / Dangote Attends Wedding Of President Nana Akufo-Addo's Daughter, Edwina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.