Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,830 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:37 AM

Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili (28571 Views)

My Fiverr Account Has Started To Nosedive In Recent Times / "How Pastors Have Contributed Negatively To Our Economy Through Tithing" / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Koolmexxi(m): 8:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Some of these APE..C fan boys jus seem to get a hard on from living in denial.... It is all very glaring d present govt has started running yet but u all want to believe in the illusion dat d govt is using "background processes" to get things done. We all understand it needs time to fix things but please accept it's still hasn't even started yet. U all are quick to blame GEJ for negatives dat are beginning to stare us hard in face even though handover was done way back in May but are even quicker to attribute some positives to PMB. What policies are we talking about wen there's no cabinet yet? PMB may need a whole lot of time to fix things but he really shouldn't put d nation on hold while he decides where and when to start. ..

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Hiploko:
clap for him everyone. Mr specific facts. So your fact tells you that the income from 5years of Jonathan's rule is bigger that Obasanjo's 8 years rule and all the leaders before Jonathan. Receive sense... Be forming mr google facts..

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Chart.asp
http://www.statista.com/statistics/262858/change-in-opec-crude-oil-prices-since-1960/

Please analyse the two charts by yourself and check out the websites where the charts were gotten from.

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by favourlove1: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2015
PAINGAIN:
why r u lying liars so pathetic? U always blame GEJ for anything bad in this administration but u r very quick to hail bihari if its something good. The future of Nigeria looks really dark if the youths are like this. Smh. Meanwhile AWW rocks.
ur head is there! One origin for you. Y call Gej. Have they forgotten so soon how they credited constant power to Buhari but are quick to tell us to be patient with buhari in formulating policies? So its very clear that buhari isn't, hasn't, n may not do nothing much in this administration n bf u say jack year don end.lol!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2015
[size=13pt]It is not nosedoving, it is actually 'photoshopping'.

Why have they not collected the '£13b' from Diezani Alison-Madueke till now?

Is it so difficult to collect that and use for the economy?[/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by yousee(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2015
Opinedecandid:
True.
But this is what I think could help.
Permit me to repeat my post on the 'Benue Staff Protest' thread, this morning. This, though over flocked over the years does not just seem to have earned the treatment it deserves:
"...Moreover, all parties must be prepared to make sacrifices, both the political office holders and the civil servants. If they can't get all their salaries, they have to make do with part of it.

However, It is foolish for States Chief Executives to rely on what ever allocation they are given by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Same way, it is also foolishness for the Federal government to continue rely on the revenue from oil.

Over the years, it wasn't enough, is it now that we are 'rescued' by the dwindling oil prices that it will be enough?
Rescued in the sense that the global decline in the value of oil has presented us with a golden opportunity to start looking inwards with a view to developing several other sectors of the economy which have laid fallow, untapped and abandoned over the years.

State governors must rise up 'dakkada' and see to it that in a few years time, they won't depend on Federal Allocation.

Again, this is the reason while some of us think, all natural resources in different states should be controlled by the states that have them, then some percentage of what they generate from there would be paid to the Federal Government.

If Nigeria and indeed, Africa must be self-sufficient, then we must practice true federalism.
With this, one bleached-skin man in the name of Donald Trump or whatever, will not vomit poo about us in a century from now.

#operationlookinwards

if only they will listen. oil money isn't the only money worth dying for.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Phame: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Charliewyt:

Really, so GEJ was the president as at 1981/82?.
she's comparing our economy with what it was in the 80s and she said this 5 months ago. And gej was the president then. Are you saying BUHARI should take the blame for our economic woes?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Darlduchi: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Some comments mostly from Itsekiri people showing dissatisfaction from recent publication by Vanguard newspaper with headline (Itsekiri nation disowns calls for creation of Biafra Republic by Pa Johnson Ayomike)
Aronu Uju Sonia wrote: Am from ITSEKIRI and we are Bifrans..Its hightime we shun these our elders who doesn't really care about the future of we the youths,Enough of the deceit,We are now wise.
Emmanuel Maduba wrote: Itsekiri is biafra and biafra is Itsekiri so Yoruba and hawusa News go behind me you worker's of iniquity
Oluchukwu Uchenna wrote: I believe itsekiri is not far from isoko,did you not hear our brother saying that what Christianity couldn't do for us is what Biafra have done,that is bringing all of us together, we are one.
Obijuru Chigozie wrote : Notin like itsekiri nation, na yoruba media propaganda. Pls discard them
Nzeh Christian Ifeanyi wrote: ITSEKIRI IS A TRIBE IN BIAFRA. SO LEAVE NEWSPAPER JUNK.
Prince Godwill Prince wrote: We are in ful support of biafra,our elder are jokers they betray themselves during the first war,but now is not going to be like that
Don Cooler wrote :Yes. we Itshekiri youths are hardcore Biafrans, don't mind our usless politicians they are just making nonsensical speeches to make themselves competence to gain favor from Housa / Fulani...We are Biafrans!!!
Ugo Nwabueze Oraka wrote: All this Yoruba and Hausa vagabonds who always interfere when we are talking about old eastern states that comprises south south and south east I wonder what is their problem. Do we interfere in Arewa or Oduduwa? ,you fouls continue to bring division among us. Although I don't blame you I blame our brothers whom you have succeeded in brain washing some of them. Although it's only a foul that will not understand the type of divide and rule you people are using against us. But any body from south south that did not know that they are in bondage that person is a foul and he need to learn lesson from the last election, we are all one people and United we stand and divided we will continue serving the Hausa fulani.
Andy Ndubuisi wrote: in zoo politics aka Nigeria, one simple person is people, group, elder, entire nation. so we don't have to take whatever jargon from Lagos Ibadan express way reporters said. tomorrow now one stupid fool will set in his office or wherever and said "Aba community dissolved biafra ideal" and it will headline in vanguard, punch, etc. that is why this contraption or better British amusement park is called zoo aka Nigeria.
Okeke Chibuike wrote: Why Are We Using The Thought Of Their Leaders.Even Our Own Leaders In Igbo Biafra Are Not In Support Of The Struggle Because Of What They Benefit So I Don't Take It Serious With What The Iteskiri Leaders Are Saying
Leonard Okoli wrote: vaguard are evil, chai i wish our director is here to give analisis on this, they are fools who don't mind there own business only to divide us.
Ben Amadi wrote: Pls any prson from de niger delta shuld kno dat niger delta militants hv failed us,collectin monthly stipends or allowee from d zoo govt,so d only avenue left 4 us now 2 control our resources now is thru Biafra.U Shuldn't allow dem using divide n rule 2 continue 2 siphone our oil by tellin u dat u ar south south, n u ar not Igbo,rememba, myself I'm from Rivers state,but Igbo is my nation.
Prince Joseph wrote: Must of The leaders are afraid bc the great BIAFRA Nation is a nation that will not let them do crimin they are afraid of our incorruptible leader mize Nnamdi kanu
Victor Amaliri Sylva wrote : that Itsekiri elders said they are not Biafrans that's very good.....lets call for referendum and see if they go with Hausa Fulani cows .....Igbo's will take the lead while others follow
Innocent Sylvester wrote: Liars dat is how they keep on publishing nonsense no wonder de zoo is de way it is de keep on covering the evils happening in the zoo
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by amazingspiderma: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2015
A government that has spent 6 months complaining.
One thing is sure,there is no one in the current cabinate who has what it takes to fix the economy right now.
APC as a party has no single technocrat,they are full of activist and fanatics who know nothing about running Nigeria.
Running a country is not the same as running a political party.
It is already October like I predicted, and we still do not have ministers.

The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give.Proverbs 30 v 15a
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 247Dior(m): 8:41am On Oct 29, 2015
I really find it difficult to understand most of u here and the type of brain u people possess... this has shown that this woman is a true Nigerian who Wants de best for Nigeria.. our economy is in a very bad state and she voiced her concern and people are here commenting rubbish, this is what she did in de last administration...... Does it mean that no one should talk when things are not going well? or did the woman lie against Buhari government?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2015
disloman:
All I'm seeing here are goats commenting without using their brains.This news was about 4-5months ago.Those trashonline 1st published this news and the worst newspaper(vanguard) now did.Wailers are so daft that whenever they are fed with trash,they will still take it in.What a set of trashy.

[size=13pt]Has the situation improve since 4-5months months now?

If they have to fine a single company over $5b to raise money for their programs it should tell you that the situation is getting more precarious.[/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Phame:
she's comparing our economy with what it was in the 80s and she said this 5 months ago. And gej was the president then. Are you saying BUHARI should take the blame for our economic woes?

[size=13pt]Have things improve since then?[/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Skybee1(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2015
Charliewyt:

And the girls suddenly stoped missing when PMB assumed office, why did the BBOG campaign suddenly went dead?, OBY EZEKWESILI is a desperate woman that will do anything to remain relivant.

N dat particular act suddenly mk her irrelevant ti mi
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by porka: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2015
247Dior:
I really find it difficult to understand most of u here and the type of brain u people possess... this has shown that this woman is a true Nigerian who Wants de best for Nigeria.. our economy is in a very bad state and she voiced her concern and people are here commenting rubbish, this is what she did in de last administration...... Does it mean that no one should talk when things are not going well? or did the woman lie against Buhari government?

[size=13pt]It's all about her inconsistencies.

Chibok 'girls' have not been found yet, and she has remained very 'inactive' compared to her 'hyperactivity' during the immediate past administration.

People normally see through motives. Many people feel, rightly or wrongly, that she helped bring down the last government in anticipation of something, and now that she has not even been considered close to '300th eleven', she is bitter.

Do you sincerely expect people not to talk about someone who is talking about other people? That would be delusional.[/size]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

Apart from the early 70's when Gowon built most of our infrastructure, the price of oil had never been as high as it was during the Jonathan era when adjusted for inflation. Even babangida's golf war oil windfall prices weren't this high.

Jonathan was the worst president Nigeria has ever had. Madam iweala knew that the price of oil was going to fall as far back as 2012, yet rather than saving money and allowing our currency to appreciate during the good times, Jonathan's administration spent on bogus programs that yielded next to nothing for Nigeria. Pdp's insistence on government having no business with business blinded jonathan from investing directly in power and technology infrastructure.

Obasanjo had a fraction of Jonathan's income, yet Obasanjo grew our external reserves and our excess crude account. Our currency appreciated from 145 Naira to the dollar to 118 Naira to a dollar between 2004 and 2007.

Why do you think all the major politicians decided to support Buhari in the last election? They could see clearly the long term damage Jonathan's actions had already brought upon Nigeria.

Ps. I have given specific facts with numbers. You can use google to research and verify what I have said if you have the free time.

You no dey tire?

You keep 'wailing' more than the 'wailers' and it gets boring and boring and you consume yourself with the hate!

You should really shut up!

You talk like a loose ignorant cannon.

It appears you make no effort at updating yourself or keeping yourself abreast with current trends.

And you make very bad inference from an obviously flawed analysis.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by ajebuter(f): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2015
When did madam-bald-eagle wake up from her burukutu-induced slumber?

Maybe she just woke up from sleep since her group don find all the missing chibok girls she was screaming about.

Nonsense
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 4C2215131: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2015
Is this supposed to be fresh news? It's stale news for Pete sake!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2015
#BringBackOurGirls grin grin grin
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Phame: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Have things improve since then?[/size]
they are improving.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 989900: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2015
#truth

The president needs to get a serious non-self-serving economic team on ground now -- not later!
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 989900: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
Hiploko:
[s]clap for him everyone. Mr specific facts. So your fact tells you that the income from 5years of Jonathan's rule is bigger that Obasanjo's 8 years rule and all the leaders before Jonathan. Receive sense... Be forming mr google facts..[/s]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 989900: 9:10am On Oct 29, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
[s]You only got three 3 likes with this Junk mehn! Emancipate yasef[/s]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by 989900: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
favourlove1:
[s]shut the Bleep up! U should cover ur head in shame to have fallen victim with your two eyes open to all d lies apc peddled against gej just to usurp power. Now they have it n knws not what to do with it. Gej workd with d best hands eg NGO else she would have been jobless by now. Oyibo sees in her what all of you couldn't see in her. N you all knw oyibo wouldn't reabsorb her if she wasn't competent. Mind you, going back to history Gej hasn't isn't n wount b the reason ur economy nose dived. Go n read[/s]. My problem with youths these days is that they would rather spend the whole day on twitter facebook etc than read a good history book. [s]I am sure ur type dosnt knw how to recite d nations pledge. SMH[/s]
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by soldierdollar(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Standing5:
this has nothing to do with BBOG. Jonas' level of clue was an all round thing and so affected security,economy, health, education and more. How are we even surviving if during Jona's time oil sold $100/barrel and we had well over 60% reccurent bills. How are we even able to pay those bills at $45/barrel? Think and realise Buhari is already working. Stop being bitter.

If you can't say one single thing Buhari has achieved or one positive move he has made since he assumed office , shut up forever

It irritates me when people always use gej ( a past government) as a benchmark in assessing the current administration. Have we set our standards too low that we now use the failure of the last administration to contrast the present one ?

Tufiakwa for this country
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
trillville:

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Chart.asp
http://www.statista.com/statistics/262858/change-in-opec-crude-oil-prices-since-1960/

Please analyse the two charts by yourself and check out the websites where the charts were gotten from.

You talk about the revenues but forgot about the expenditures.

Your revenues increased but how about your expenditures? Did they increase also? If they did, what was the rate of increase on a yearly basis? What was the revenue/expenditure ratio? What was the ratio of recurrent to capital expenditures? What was the performance level of the budget? These are the things you look out for.

This is why I stay away from commenting on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by babeface3: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2015
The truth of the matter is that alarm is seriously blowing in our economic situation but this government is just pretending, just not to cause panick. They should call a spade a spade and stop the pretence.

Other countries would say it the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by kaboninc(m): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2015
soldierdollar:

If you can't say one single thing Buhari has achieved or one positive move he has made since he assumed office , shut up forever

It irritates me when people always use gej ( a past government) as a benchmark in assessing the current administration. Have we set our standards too low that we now use the failure of the last administration to contrast the present one ?

Tufiakwa for this country

How did you know that the last administration was a failure? What is your marking scheme?

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by ERAKAMUS: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=989900 post=39474764][/quote]

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Standing5(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
During that same time Governors like Amaechi benefited from the windfall but you still want him to be a Minister right? Where is the money he and Fashola your new Ministers received show us the projects. So GEJ did or did not spread that money to the states?
You picked the wrong governor. Ameachi left Rivers state with public schools that gave parents reason to stop patronising private schools. Can you say same of Uduaghan(Delta)? Wike has gone through N140 billion in 5 months with nothing to show and was a minster. Discuss that.
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by trillville(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

You talk about the revenues but forgot about the expenditures.

Your revenues increased but how about your expenditures? Did they increase also? If they did, what was the rate of increase on a yearly basis? What was the revenue/expenditure ratio? What was the ratio of recurrent to capital expenditures? What was the performance level of the budget? These are the things you look out for.

This is why I stay away from commenting on Nairaland.

Jonathan had the power to reduce his expenditure. Oronsaye suggested that Nigeria restructure its mda's, but Jonathan lacked the political will to carry out his duties. You know this, don't you?
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2015
This woman is a Pypocrite and a Sycophant she only used the BBOG group to demonise GEJ govt i was expecting her to hit the road on April 14, 2015. Exactly a year since Chibok girls was missing but for where? She is busy lobbing for appointment Ezekwesile! Remember Karma
Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by soldierdollar(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2015
kaboninc:

How did you know that the last administration was a failure? What was your scheme?

It was a success . That's why GEJ was reelected grin

1 Like

Re: Our Economy Has Taken A Nosedive – Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2015
This woman is a Pypocrite and a Sycophant she only used the BBOG group to demonise GEJ govt i was expecting her to hit the road on April 14, 2015. Exactly a year since Chibok girls was missing but for where? She is busy lobbing for appointment madam remember Karma!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Reintroduces Cashless Policy / Which Digital Skill Should I Learn In 2022 To Get Financial Freedom? / Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.