Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,357 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi (20650 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by ummahmat(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
tell PDP to pack well
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by henrysam(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
How can one satisfy Nigerians. This is the question that continues to agitate my mind.
The PDP senators refused to ask Ameachi questions because the report of the committee on ethics and petition on him have not been debated. Some people said they have shot themselves in the leg, other even said they are mumu.
Now they are having meeting on what to do next as that report have not been debated and APC is moving for Ameachi's confirmation, still Nigerians are saying it's witch hunting and lack of patriotism.
My take is what is the essence of having committee on ethics and petition in the hollowed chamber when their reports will not be debated or taken to be a trash?
What is the essence of screening a nominee, they suppose to take a bow and leave
What is the essence of even a petitioner writing a petition to the national house if their petition will never be investigated?
If this is the change we are having on the stable of APC then no hope for the downtrodden who voted for this change

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by seeker1211: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
pring:
Amaechi will be confirmed finally.
He gave his all to APC and Nigeria.
By saving this Nation from the clueless one Jonathan.
if am even PMB, i will make him the SGF.
NW d one dat has d clue is there, wasting public funds traveling to different countries with no positive outcome. I pray u see d truth oneday

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by solomonita(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
I dey wonder Wetin dis senators de feel sef, so we wey vote una in we be mumu abi?, una leave mata wey concern us go de do de one wey concern una.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by sirpnwa(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
APC cleam they are fighting coruption is amaechi not corupt? only God cant save us from nigerian type of politic.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by lordcabasa(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
solomonita:
I dey wonder Wetin dis senators de feel sef, so we wey vote una in we be mumu abi?, una leave mata wey concern us go de do de one wey concern una.

I think the PDP senators are truly representing us, did saraki set up a committee to investigate the report/petition of the Rivers people? If yes, what is their findings? Is it too much for the PDP senators to ask for the content of the REPORT?
HOW LONG SHALL WE LIVE IN SELF DENIAL, APC IS FIGHTING CORRUPTION, PDP IS HERE TO HELP, KING BIG DEAL.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
seeker1211:

NW d one dat has d clue is there, wasting public funds traveling to different countries with no positive outcome. I pray u see d truth oneday

cheesy cheesy cheesy

So Jonathan didnt travel?
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by Ijaya123: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Is Amaechi the only nominee there? Why all the noise about him? These PDP guys ain't busy I believe.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by gejubongudofia: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
get your calabar carnival bumper ticket now and stand a chance of winning 1 million naira .. 111 people are going to win on sunday... http://www.carnivalbumper.com

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by sandraokosun1: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
VOICEOFJUSTICE:

BUHARI HAS SPENT 153 DAYS AND ONE HR IN OFFICE SO FAR. SEE HIS ACHIVEMENT BELOW

Corruption
1 Achieved0 Not Achieved3 Ongoing9 Not Rated
PROMISE 1

ACHIEVED
Publicly declare assets and liabilities and encourage all my (PMB) political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 2

NOT RATED
Inaugurate the National Council on Procurement as stipulated in the Procurement Act. The Federal Executive Council, which has been turned to a weekly session of contract bazaar, will concentrate on its principal function of policy making (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 3

NOT RATED
Review and implement audit recommendations by Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI). (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 4

NOT RATED
Work with National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 5

NOT RATED
Work with National Assembly to strengthen EFCC and ICPC by guaranteeing institutional autonomy including financial and prosecutorial independence and security of tenure of officials (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 6

ONGOING
Ensure that all MDAs regularly comply with their accountability responsibilities to Nigerians through the National Assembly (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 7

ONGOING
Work with the leadership of National Assembly to cut down the cost of governance.(Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 8

ONGOING
Present a National Anti-corruption Strategy (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 9

NOT RATED
Make the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) an autonomous and operational agency (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 10

NOT RATED
Encourage proactive disclosure of information by government institutions in the spirit of the Freedom of Information Act. (Source: My Covenant with Nigerians)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 11

NOT RATED
End all private jet and first class foreign travel for government employees. (Source: APC Manifesto, An Honest Contract with Nigeria)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 12

NOT RATED
Audit all government workers to remove all ghost workers from government pay roll .(Source: APC Manifesto, An Honest Contract with Nigeria)

Score Card Comment
PROMISE 13

NOT RATED
Introduce a legally enforceable code of conduct for all public officials, including elected representative with stringent sanctions. (Source: APC Manifesto, An Honest Contract with Nigeria)

Score Card Comment
u can only rant
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by dayowunmi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
the kind of politics we practice in Nigeria! he was at the Senate for questioning, PDP senators couldn't ask him questions, now they don't want him approved. what then is the essence of senate confirmation when even when u pass you may still be discomfirmed

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by bigwallace(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
K
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by gejubongudofia: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
O.M.G FOUR DAYS TO START?... TO REALLY PARTAKE IN THIS DRAW .
JUST LOGON TO HTTP://WWW.CARNIVALBUMPER.COM .. TO GET YOUR TICKETS ONLINE. DISTANCE ISN'T A BARRIER, BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!.

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by kessler53(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
pring:
Amaechi will be confirmed finally.
He gave his all to APC and Nigeria.
By saving this Nation from the clueless one Jonathan.
if am even PMB, i will make him the SGF.
Buhari didn't make him a SGf because of Amaechi's temparament,even making him a minister if he is finally confirm will be a decision that Buhari will regret.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by bakila: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hemanwel:
I have a feeling Amaechi may not be cleared afterall
The wrong feeling. You are having blues mhen. Ameachi will get the ayes.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
henrysam:
How can one satisfy Nigerians. This is the question that continues to agitate my mind.
The PDP senators refused to ask Ameachi questions because the report of the committee on ethics and petition on him have not been debated. Some people said they have shot themselves in the leg, other even said they are mumu.
Now they are having meeting on what to do next as that report have not been debated and APC is moving for Ameachi's confirmation, still Nigerians are saying it's witch hunting and lack of patriotism.
My take is what is the essence of having committee on ethics and petition in the hollowed chamber when their reports will not be debated or taken to be a trash?
What is the essence of screening a nominee, they suppose to take a bow and leave
What is the essence of even a petitioner writing a petition to the national house if their petition will never be investigated?
If this is the change we are having on the stable of APC then no hope for the downtrodden who voted for this change
PDP is a confused party. The same PDP members that agreed at the ethics and privileges committee's meeting that Amaechi's case won't be debated because it's in the court, now turned around to say the report should be debated.
Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by Indializzie(f): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
LOOK FOR PEOPLE GOING SOMEWHERE AND GET A LAND B4 THEY GET THERE.

Re: PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi by mideactive: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Y do dis pdp men wast so much tym on an individual?they're trully dead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation / Smouldering NDDC Scandal: Amaechi, Akpabio, Others Test Might Over South-south, / Ede Agog For Adeleke’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.