Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,375 members, 7,964,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:12 PM

The-Heartbreak-Behind-Kelech iheanach'o-Rise - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The-Heartbreak-Behind-Kelech iheanach'o-Rise (676 Views)

Reuters: Juventus Shares Rise By More Than 11% Over Ronaldo Transfer Reports / SAD!! Santi Cazorla Heartbreak Asmidfielder Forced To Undergo Ninth Operation / Lionel Messi Enjoys Family Holiday In Ibiza After Copa America Heartbreak(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The-Heartbreak-Behind-Kelech iheanach'o-Rise by kinziking(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2015
A star is born! Kelechi Iheanacho remains the talk of the paper and digital media following his head-turning performance against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night. The youngster, who has City fans and journalists alike purring with expectation has revealed how his African team mates in the Blues squad have helped him settle in to the rigours and pressures of first team life.
"Kelechi gave another glimpse of his exciting potential in City's 5-1 Capital One Cup win over Crystal Palace, scoring one and making two others, and says Wilfried Bony is a big help to him" writes The Mirror's David Anderson .
"The Nigerian teenager made his first start alongside Bony against Palace and says his fellow African has taken him under his wing.
""Wilfried is a very good striker who is strong and intelligent," said the forward. "He talks to me all the time and advises me.
""We sit together in the dressing room and he's like a big brother to me. Yaya too, I'm happy being with them."
"Kelechi, 19, came off the bench to score the winner at Palace last month and has the natural confidence to believe he can make it at star-studded City.
""I just have to keep working hard in training every day," said the Nigerian Under-20 international. "I think I can go all the way so that's what I'll keep doing and hopefully I can do great things for City in the coming years.
""I know I have the quality to prove myself when I'm given a chance. It's difficult with players like Bony and Aguero ahead of you. I'm just starting out, but I think I can break in."
However, there's heartbreak behind the Nigerian's rise to prominence as Chris Wheeler explains in his Daily Mail piece .
"(Kelechi's) mother, Mercy, died in February of that year after a short illness. Iheanacho said: 'My father (James) was a trader and my mum was a teacher, but she was laid to rest a few years ago which was really hard for all of us.
"'I have two brothers and a sister back in Nigeria as well. Everything I do, I do for my mum and my family - that's what drives me.
"'My dad is back home and I'm living on my own in Manchester at the moment.
""But I think a lot of kids back home have been encouraged by what's happened to me and by where I am today. They can't believe what I've achieved at 19 and it gives them belief that they can make it too."
The confident, yet humble youngster's stock is only going to rise with news of his first call-up for Nigeria.
"Coach Sunday Oliseh added the 19-year-old to his squad for their upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifying tie with Swaziland" reports Simon Jones for MailOnline .
"Oliseh said: 'I initially called up 23 players but I am adding Kelechi Iheanacho to the list immediately. I have been following Kelechi's progress at City.'
"Nigeria travel to Swaziland on November 13 for the first leg of their, second-round qualifying match, before hosting the return match four days later.
"Iheanacho impressed during pre-season for City and has scored two goals in seven appearances in all competitions..

http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?name=mancity&i=12328/1/0&artId=566085
Re: The-Heartbreak-Behind-Kelech iheanach'o-Rise by Ayoemrys(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2015
hope you dnt Bleep up after making dollars like some nigeria football star thinking that career is all about making money not name,you gotta make a name will your skills so that peaple will not forget you even after your death,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 2-0 Swaziland: 5 Questions Oliseh Need To Answer / Okolo: Falcons Were Fed Gari At AWC 2004 / Trade Without Fear On Vfl; The Tips I Got And Gathered From Other Gurus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.