Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,430 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

If You Don’t Do These, You Don’t Know How To Vote In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Don’t Do These, You Don’t Know How To Vote In Nigeria. (447 Views)

Ambode Queues To Vote In Epe At Lagos LG Election / 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' / “Don’t Do Unto Dasuki As You Did To Awolowo, Alamieyeseigha” Fayose To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Don’t Do These, You Don’t Know How To Vote In Nigeria. by nkemjacob2(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
The voting system has gone beyond going to the polling unit to cast your vote and leave. It pains my heart when I see people vote in sentiment. “I will vote for him because he is from my place, state, east, south, west and north, I will vote for him because he is of the same religion with me, I will vote him because that is his opportunity let him grab it, I vote for him because the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know etc.”. You know them all, list them choices are different. Bear it in mind that your brother kills faster than your friend or enemy, also bear it in mind that the position you are voting them in is sensitive and must need a sensitive decision. Things you need to consider during voting and after voting.

Who is him or her?
Let’s be frank, some Nigerians do not know who their aspirants are. I shared tears at the previous INEC election. I was opportune to be the P.O (presiding officer) of a polling unit, so many errors voters are making including the elites. My duty as the presiding officer is not to judge a vote or sway a vote, after the presidential exercise I began to meet people who voted. I asked a simple question who is the senator representing your constituency behold most of them could not tell me. Some of them could vote foolishly since party “A” is popular and their choice of party or someone had tipped them to vote for a particular party. They go there to vote for the entire aspirants in the party including president, senate, and house of reps. the question is do they know this people they voted for? Voting had passed the era of ignorance. It’s absurd you do such an expensive mistake, you have freely dash your vote to people who do not worth it. An average Nigerian who is not politically inclined doesn’t know the senator representing them.

Can him or her do the job or take the leadership role:
Some of these aspirants can’t handle their families, yet they want to rule Nigeria how possible it is. Most of these aspirants had bad records in the past, yet they want to rule Nigeria. The masses are the employer, the aspirants are the employee, we have the right to sack them if they are under performing (with our vote) an employer don’t employ someone who cannot deliver his duty properly. Your aspirants (governor, senator, reps. Etc.) are our employee in a leadership form. The crazy thing is that we are not holding this people to ransom over their unfulfilled, un- strategize impossible campaign promises. Mind you if you vote in corrupt officials expect corruption, if you vote in a confuse aspirant expect confusion, if you vote in ignorant aspirant expect ignorant job. There are some governors, senator, reps. In Nigerian who entered into position by the ignorance of too much voters, they are supposed to be doing other business not playing foolish politics with Nigerians

Join a political media or forum:
When I was growing up, I hated when my father is watching NTA and anything politics, but as time progresses I began to see the effect. Television, radio social network etc. are not expensive for you to afford them. Try to listen to political talks, debate, news etc. they help you form a good political thought of formation so you can know who to vote rightly. Listen, watch, read at list one or two political talks, newspapers review and news every day. The time of wasting your vote has passed.

Follow up:
After the employer has employed the employee the next phase to watch him carry his duty, so also the masses are supposed to do to the aspirants. Watch him or her fulfill the promises he has set holding him or her to ransom when underperforming, by this they keep to feet while discharge their duties with carefulness because the pressure is high.
Nigerians the era of voting in ignorance and sentiment is gone, vote wisely. Be knowledgeable of the worth of your aspirant. If you do not know how to do these things I mentioned then, is good as you don’t vote. Let’s begin to vote potentials not wasters. Stop populating the vote of undesirable aspirants. Note that their decision can affect you one way or the other. The development of a country starts from your vote. - Jacobson Ebenezer.

(1) (Reply)

Anyanwu, Marafa In War Of Words / Nominated, Screened, Confirmed, Siddon Look By Mahmud Jega / Another Cargo Plane Crashes In South Sudan Leaving 41 People Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.