Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:34 PM

Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) (32425 Views)

Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics / EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) / Photos Of Tinubu Addressing Protesters In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by rattlesnake(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Psaml 91

Thereshall NO EVIL BEFALL ME IN JESUS NAME

2 Likes

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Shortyy(f): 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
OK. But when is nAija peeps gon start posting their weird Halloween costumes??
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by salawustyles(m): 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
how dis ma bussinessssss
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by moshino(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
commitcrime:
Whenever I complain about Ambode. People tell me it is too early. Ambode can't enforce his own directives to lagosians. It is sad. Long vehicles shud move at night. They still move around in daytime

That is not the problem, the problem is that the trucks they use in hauling the containers do not have the weight capacity to do the job, there has to be a port/road regulation on load weights for the trucks. If you've ever stayed overseas, you'll see all kinds of heavy capacity trucks hauling loads/cargo on roads 24/7, however, they have regulation and enforcement on weight capacity for different kinds of trucks.

4 Likes

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Rastamann: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Containers falling since 1932 in Nigeria and still nothing can be done to curb this situation! Are there no safety requirements that these container drivers need to adhere to? God Save Nigeria!
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Femich18(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
BOWOTO:
The way Lastma and similar officials respond to incidents like this is nothing to write about...

sincerely dts y dre boss was summoned 2d state Assembly few weeks back

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by just2endowed: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by kodlins(f): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
That's what you get for monopoly.
FG build Ports!! No.

What Lagos gains in tax, they loose in manpower and other sources
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by logo7: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lord of God

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by phreakabit(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Very good!!
Its only fair that the prominent/elite in society experience the reality of the horror that Container haulage trucks have become.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
salawustyles:
how dis ma bussinessssss
Haba, this is insensitive sir
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by shizzy7(f): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
spartan50:
As far as am concerned fashola is the best thing that happened to lagos ... Ambode is a statue and a celebrity..
I wish Fashola continued. Ambode is annoying me.

A regressing governor who thinks the whole of Lagos is just like the surroundings of Government house

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Firefire:
Everything just dey fall since May 29th angry

Containers are falling

Houses falling

Naira falling

Economy falling

Purchasing Power falling

Power Generation, also falling and dropping all join.

What type of government is this sef ? angry

makes it a falling government grin

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by ferdspiration: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
anytexy:
You funny die
asin ehn d guy funny die,its like he drank Boiled Alomo bitters.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
tellwisdom:

Who's Ambode...The driver?? sad
No. He is the conductor
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by thundafire: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
una sure say something no dy behind dis everyday container falling cs sacrifice is goin on dis ember month
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ehenn. And so what?

That's what LASG keep saying.

God help us, God help Lagosians.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by undisputedgbola(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
EVILFOREST:
OK...
next container, please..?

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by mapet: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
commitcrime:
Whenever I complain about Ambode. People tell me it is too early. Ambode can't enforce his own directives to lagosians. It is sad. Long vehicles shud move at night. They still move around in daytime

Yaay!
FTC. Is a lie
Nairaland ftc no easy ooo

Bros,

Put your accussation in proper [perspective or else it sounds useless. What is the correlation between the time the truck is driven and the propensity to fall?
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by bidexmat(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
I ply this road every now and then.........with this dunce as governor of lasgidi, lawlessness don wear face cap be that! Na so so thick di nigga deh thick with curves everywhere like Michellin tyre. Governance no be bear palour! angry
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
moshino:

That is not the problem, the problem is that the trucks they use in hauling the containers do not have the weight capacity to do the job, there has to be a port/road regulation on load weights for the trucks. If you've ever stayed overseas, you'll see all kinds of heavy capacity trucks hauling loads/cargo on roads 24/7, however, they have regulation and enforcement on weight capacity for different kinds of trucks.

Safety policies falls under the auspices of the govt.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by amanze15(m): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=13pt]Ambode is struggling to claim the title of 'Captain Clueless' from GEJ

He is clearly out of his depth. His orders have no weight. Every LASTMA official around that axis should be queried as to why that truck was on the road at that time

This is what you get when you elect a pretty boy Quilox loving bubblehead as the gov.

All they do in Alausa is give money to the lion of Bourdillon yet crime is rising and road safety is falling
[/size]

maybe you could have canvassed better for jimi agbaje, rather than hateful wrongly channeled rants.......

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Observant: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
Next we'll see is 'shouts of thank God it wasn't me'and prayers of 'it shall not be the portion of me and my family these ember months'.

Everyday these containers keep falling yet no institution or body has bother to find out why this keeps happening and how to make sure it never happens again.

That is the black man for you, lack of strategic thinking and inability to learn from bad experiences.

Always ascribing everything to spiritual powers.

I am ashamed of Nigeria

Black people are dangerously ignorant.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by frainc(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
tellwisdom:

Who's Ambode...The driver?? sad
no, he's the conductor
Kilnubu is the driver
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Firefire:
Everything just dey fall since May 29th angry

Containers are falling

Houses falling

Naira falling

Economy falling

Purchasing Power falling

Power Generation, also falling and dropping all join.

What type of government is this sef ? angry

Buharism: government of body language

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by moshino(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
commitcrime:

Safety policies falls under the auspices of the govt.

Everybody knows that. I was responding to your post that suggests that the cause of the problem is that the trucks are allowed to operate during the day time, my post clearly referenced that.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Holuwakemmy16(f): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Thought d gov v warned them not to be carry container during d day,how come this?
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
kodlins:
That's what you get for monopoly.
FG build Ports!! No.

What Lagos gains in tax, they loose in manpower and other sources

Don't mind them. Black man and dead black brain. Decentralise port operations and watch standards rise including the quality of haulage operators which is an all comers affair due to congestion. The state of our ports is like a man with ten children. Panadol extra will become peppermints to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by ndcide(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
commitcrime:
Whenever I complain about Ambode.
People tell me it is too early.
Ambode doesn't deserve to govern lagos state
Government's job is safety and security of lives and property
It is sad.
Ambode has failed us.
He can't enforce lagos state laws

Yaay!
FTC. Is a lie

Bull shittt

How is ambode responsible for this. We all know all these are all transfered aggression because of the exposure of Fashola's corrupt practices. We all know that the corruption of the last administration was massive but well concealed.

How about buhari?

Can we look at buhari's administration, sector by Sector and honestly judge?

Do you express this disgust about buhari, even in the face of visible ineptitude?

Do you agree buhari has also failed? Will you agree that he does not deserve to govern Nigeria?

Just as you said that the government's job is safety and security of life and properties. How much results can we see from buhari? Yet you defend his ineptitude.

Why don't you express this same outburst on buhari.

We know what is happening.

Make una go Sidon jare.

I didn't support nor vote for ambode so you know.
Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by lastpage: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
commitcrime:
Whenever I complain about Ambode.
People tell me it is too early.
Ambode doesn't deserve to govern lagos state
Government's job is safety and security of lives and property
It is sad.
Ambode has failed us.
He can't enforce lagos state laws

Yaay!
FTC. Is a lie

I agree with you 100%!
I am an APC backer and l have always have these reservations about Ambode ... its only that we were forced to chose between a recalcitrant Jimi Agbaje and his PDP grin (even if you put up a Goat against him, l still wont vote for him due to his antecedents and certain irrational pronounciations) ...
... and a totally demotivated Ambode.

The blame lies squarely on the foot of Jagaban because he was the one who insisted on Ambode being the APC candidate.
If care is not taken, l think APC may lose Lagos to a rival party.... if things continue this way.
It is left for Jagaban to call his "Boy" to order otherwise, he would have himself to blame.
All Ambode does nowadays is to frequent Night Clubs like that is what we elected him for.

I guess the PDP supporters will be making jest of us now "Did we not tell you"? tongue
But we know they have a not so "Hidden Agenda" ... so it was a choice between "The Devil and the Deep Sea"
Well, we just have to leave with it for the next four years.
undecided undecided

The way everyone disregard this Ambode makes me think he is a weakling!
From Area Boys, to trailer/Container drivers, the Police and even Civil Servants.

How many people does this Containers have to kill in Lagos before the Police sit-up and enforce the LAW?

Lastpage!

NB: Below is Ojuelegba's own, a few weeks back

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
What is ur rants for?

Look at it from this angle.
We compare and contrast buhari and ambode with their predecessors

Buhari vs Jonathan
Ambode vs Fashola

I ll score Buhari 50% because of the feeling of light at the end of the tunnel (hope)
I will score Ambode 0% cos all I see is gloom and deterioration from the norm achieved in d past dispensation
ndcide:

Bull shittt

How is ambode responsible for this. We all know all these are all transfered aggression because of the exposure of Fashola's corrupt practices. We all know that the corruption of the last administration was massive but well concealed.

How about buhari?

Do you express this disgust about buhari, even in the place visible ineptitude?

Do you agree buhari has also failed? Will you agree that he does not deserve to govern Nigeria?

Just as you said that the government's job is safety and security of life and properties. How much results can we see.

Make una go Sidon jare.

1 Like

Re: Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) by lastpage: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
ndcide:

Bull shittt

How about buhari?

Do you express this disgust about buhari, even in the face of visible ineptitude?

Just as you said that the government's job is safety and security of life and properties. How much results can we see from buhari? Yet you defend his ineptitude.

Make una go Sidon jare.

This post is about LAGOS... yet you go on a "tangential rant" about Buhari?
Is Buhari the CEO of Lagos State?

You are just using this as an excuse to get at Buhari.

That you did not vote for Ambode exposes your Hypocrisy, as a conformed SaTANoid! undecided undecided

Stick to the point!

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Governors' Request For Buhari To Run In 2019 / Igboho: Produce 12 Yoruba Nation Agitators On July 29, Court Orders DSS / Tinubu: Court Adjourns Hearing On Peter Obi’s Petition Till Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.