Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (892 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by wachakuta(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to be remembered as a Nigerian president who fought corruption to a standstill, calling on Nigerians, who are not involved in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid.

During a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, President Buhari said he would not lose sleep over criticism that he was being selective in the fight against corruption.

“Slow And Steady”

He called on the elites to encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.

President Buhari told the gathering that he remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that when it is all said and done.

His administration has three main focus – security, economy and the fight against corruption.

But he has roundly been criticised by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being selective in the fight.

On the economy, critics of his administration said he was too slow in addressing economic and infrastructure in a country yearning for development, a criticism he had responded to saying: “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.

“Not About Meeting Deadline”

The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.

While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.

Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.

On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.

One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.

Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.

He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.

I want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari - Channels Television
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/30/i-want-to-be-remembered-for-fighting-corruption-to-a-standstill-buhari/

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by wachakuta(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sai Baba... May God help u on ur Quest

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
Buhari is a serious clown.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ok
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
angry"I want"...
"I shall"...
"I will"...
Baba mouth Action.
Baba tortoise.
Slow and unprogressive angry
Nigerians are tired of all this long sermons
Talk less and do more.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by EdCure: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
Corruption is the core of everything that is bedevilling Nigeria. Fighting it to a standstill will give the people a very fond memory of you, Mr. President!

And while you're at it, please pay more attention to the economy-the only sector among your area of focus that is yet to feel the positive effect of your magic wand.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by asvpChuu(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by owobokiri(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
Almost half a year into your presidency and you are still yapping bla bla bla bla bla about corruption while flooding officialdom with Amaechi and Fashola.. You must take us for clowns. How many people have been convicted for corruption? How many people are being prosecuted? This guy is such a huge joke..

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by opiaoku: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
start with Amaechi the renowned thief or go to hell and rot in hades bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by osaslord500(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Horus(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5XcBu_fKf4

[size=15pt]I want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari (30/10/15)[/size]
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
Not by a dullard like you
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Tallesty1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buhari is a serious clown.
Old onegringringringringrin
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Disneylady(f): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
It will be fine if you start with your allies... oshi!
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by gost: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
DEAR PRESIDENT BUHARI, WITH DUE RESPECT SIR YOUR FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IS DEATH ON ARRIVAL.
IT IS SELECTIVE ABSORPTION AND SHAMELESS TO SAY THE LEAST. THE LIKES OF FASHIOLA WHO USED 78 MILLION NAIRA TO MAINTAIN A PERSONAL WEB SITE IS REWARDED WIT A JUICY POSITION IN YOUR CABINET, WHILE THE PRODIGAL SON AMEACHI, SPENT 40 MILLION DOLLAR IN HIS SO CALLED JUSTICE KABIRI-WHITE HOSPITAL WITHOUT A FOUNDATION STONE LAYED, AS WELL AS THE CORRUPT MONO RAIL PROJECT, IN ADDITION TO SELLING STATE OWNED PROPERTIES TO HIMSELF AND STILL KEPT THE PROCEDS.
YOU REWARDED FORMER GOV SYLVA OF BAYELSA STATE AS WELL AS AUDU OF KOGI STATE WITH YOUR PARTY GOVERNOSHIP
TICKETS EVEN ON FACE OF OVERWHELMING CORRUPT PRACTICES AS EVIDENCED BY THE TRIAL THEY ARE CURRENTLY FACING AT EFCC.
DEAR SIR, CONTINUE FIGHTING YOUR PERCIEVED POLITICAL ENERMIES WITH STATE APARATUS AND SPARE US WITH THIS YOUR SELF-STYLE CORRUPTION TALK, AFTER ALL YOU CLAIM SANI ABACHA IS NOT CORRUPT BUT WORLDBANK SAYS THEY ARE OVERWHELMED BY ABACHA LOOT.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by mmafhew(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Yes. N u will always be rermbered
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
I want Nigerians to know am a patriot and I fought corruption to a stand still. To all wailers, the meaning of that statement is that Baba is prepared to die doing the right thing to make Nigeria great, if you are not ready to die wailing, I'll advise you quit and join the development team(not Apc). Stay where you are but criticize with sense.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by specco(m): 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
This guy is beginning to irritate me.
He quashed the N2.8b case against Sylva and rewarded him with the Bayelsa state Apc guber ticket.
He made Amaechi of all persons a minister of the Federal republic.
His Hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.
A beg lets hear word jo.
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by LastSurvivor: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
This man think Nigerians are stupid..
Ur dining with millions of questionable characters and ur hear giving us use sermon.

Oga respect yourself oo cos ur already loosing ur salt..
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by fabuloz1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
"Abacha is not corrupt",yet the world bank confirmed huge looting. Wtf is wrong with this clown?the likes of Amaechi,Fashola,Rochas,Syvla,Kwankwaso and the likes of others should be prosecuted before you open your cow mouth to even say "I'm fighting kwarruption" grin idiot!
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by Raindrop0442(m): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Singing with Wale Adenuga's voice..
This is Super Story......... cheesy
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by bugzbunny: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Buhari carry us dey go
We don enter one chance
Baba mouth action
Baba go slow
Baba tourist abookki
Baba I will
Baba I shall
Baba I can
Baba inec chairman must come frm north
Baba troway confab report
Baba 233b confab for northeast
Baba pight kwuruption with tinubu
Baba pight kwuruption with Amaechi
Baba pight kwuruption with Atiku
Baba pight kwuruption with obasanjo
Baba Abacha is not corrupt
Baba IBB is a saint
Baba boko haram will end in 2months
Baba I will not resign wen it dosent
Baba clear at 2019 bustop... We don tire

Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by AlienStar: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
And pmb is like pencil in the hands of corruption
Raindrop0442:
In Wale Adenuga's voice..
This is Super Story......... cheesy
Re: I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill - Buhari by iokpebholo: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
May God grant u success as u carry out this difficult task but baba pls look into d various petitions dt was written against d likes of amaechi.dnt give d impression of being selective in carrying out this difficult task sir.God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

A Third Party Memo To President Buhari-by Dele Momodu / I’m Ready To Relinquish Throne For Biafra – Eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu’s Father / DOKPESI And Co. Cant Fool Us With BOKO HARAM Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.