Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,336 members, 7,891,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:59 PM

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. (48850 Views)

I Need Your Advice Before Dating This Girl / I Want To Start Drinking Because Of Girls. Any Advice Before I Start? / Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Greatidonis: 5:07am On Nov 03, 2015
Gaborone:
There're compatibility issues here that I don't think should be ignored. Amos 3 v 3: Can two walk together unless they agree?

I sincerely think one should get married to someone who can they can 'go' with on life's journey.

Pastor Sam Adeyemi preached on the topic, "Growing Together" about 3months ago, and the crux of the whole message was that one should never allow his spouse/partner leave him/her behind. What he meant was that, if your partner is growing academically, start making efforts at growing academically too. If your partner is growing intellectually, spiritually, etc, catch up too, because any inbalance might lead to resentment, and one partner being out of place in the other's life.

Now, be very honest with yourself...can you brush her up to become intellectually and socially compatible with you? Should you fail at that, would you be okay if she is unable to play certain roles which your nature of work/lifestyle/plans/circle of friends and contacts may demand of her as your wife in future? Will you be ashamed of her, or embarrased by her grammatical errors in public? Will you be able to take it? Can her not-so-refined ways lead to resentment and irritation from you in future?

I'm sorry about the barrage of questions, but I feel only you can decide on this, same way I feel the answers to those questions would serve as a pointer to you, on the next step to take.
If Goodluck can marry Patience what are you talking about

Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by driand(m): 5:09am On Nov 03, 2015
fem29:
Please do not marry her. You have a lot of doubts about her. As far as I am concerned some of them are insurmountable. Do not marry someone that you have to change drastically. Can you live with her as she is if she doesn't change all these things you do not like.

In the end you will end up treating her bad and even beating her. Already you are shouting abuses at her. Let her go.
Who be this wan? U already jealous? OK he should have come to marry you instead right? SMH..
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by cbrass(m): 5:16am On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

It's my ghost.

OK I thought as much
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I met my fiancee some few yrs ago. I've agreed to marry her but there are factors I still want to give a final consideration before signing the dotted lines. These are:

1. She is not literate but willing to go to school. I never dreamt of marrying an illiterate when I, myself is a graduate. Her waec result is nothing to write home about. In fact she wasted her time in secondary school as far as I'm concerned and when I asked her why she was such an olodo, she quickly blamed those she lived with. She said because she was more or less a maid then, she hadn't much time for her studies and that's why she failed woefully. When I met her, her use of english was zero and I had to exert much effort to bring her to the level where she could converse freely with me at least in english. She retook her ssce and credited all subjects except math.

2. She's 2yrs and 3months older than me. Some argue that a woman will age first when older and that's the reason men go for younger women or at worst, their age mates.

3: She sometimes feel inferior to me cos' of my literacy and polished way of going about my stuff.

4. She has a fat tummy. This I perceived to be an upshot of her eating habit before I met her. Can you believe that it was when I started staying close to her that I discovered that she doesn't drink water after eating. Maybe she does that very much later. She was an expert in devouring meat with her friends and never exercised. I also had to teach her to drink water first thing in the morning before taking breakfast. I discovered that her mouth was always dry as a result of this disgusting lifestyle. If she wants to have a word with me in low tone, I do perceive some offensive odours from the mouth sometimes. All this are changing slowly now cos' a damage of so many years can't just be corrected overnight. I'm putting much effort into rearing her cos' she's a wife material.

There are one or two other drawbacks I won't like to go into now as the aforementioned factors are the ones that baffle me the most. I sometimes get so annoyed and start abusing her. But she also has her good sides that even attracted me to her which are:

1. She is well-mannered.
2. She can cook very well.
3. She is very hospitable.
4. She's very respectful.
5: She's pretty and fair.
6. She's a wife material.
7. She's reserved.

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??
Pls and pls, helpful comments will suffice.

Cc: Lalasticlala
oga, that girl loves you... you can never find perfection in this discipline.. pointers;

she's loving and caring! whatelse? english? u de mad
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by driand(m): 5:30am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
on d basis of a wife, I hinge my priority but remember that for me not to cheat on her later, she should be a compatible companion and best friend to me in order not to give me that space. I see where you are headed in d 2nd & 3rd que. This will be my last hope. Only if she will pick up fast and get refined along the way as we journey together. My indecision and fear arose from d snail-speed at which d refining is going. But I honestly prefer a wife to a refined material. Maybe I'm too greedy and want d best of both worlds.
bro do you think this lady would give u peace? If yes don't mind the so called snail-speed at which the refining process is going, at least it's even progressing... Remember she failed waec woefully but again now she did a lot better in it, the truth is simple and bitter "you certainly can not have all the qualities in one piece" except you want to pick up clay and mold the woman u want for yourself, please don't be like Nigerian girls that want their boyfriend to be dangote, Jesus, pastor adeboye, 2face, Arnold shwerzerneger, Lionel Messi all in on piece angry , bro if someone else had dat girl, he would be dancing shoki by now.. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by goshen26: 5:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Op, all these that u stated above r no reasons oooo....the only prob is if she can submit herself to u as the head as in the age, exercise will flat that big tommy of hers, consistent reading of magazine, listening to news and reading newspapers will correct the poor English.

Shalom
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by begwong: 5:39am On Nov 03, 2015
You be mumu abi, everything that has merits also has has demerits, fortunate for you her advantages are more than the disadvantages you listed.
For number 2,who told you you will live on this earth forever even if she is your mum's age, it's love, tolerance and sincerity that matters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by GabrielOyedele: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2015
You have been priviledge to know her weak points and u said u love her, marry her or u want somebody else to reap all d efforts u have done.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Atk1nson(m): 5:45am On Nov 03, 2015
@ Iamthewatcher

Guy, u have a lady with the qualities in 1 - 7 and u are still complaining. Na was for u
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by feaworaoja007: 5:46am On Nov 03, 2015
My brother,lemme ask you one question...with all your exposure and everything;are you going up or down? You think this is the case of "the maids are not to blame?"...so of all the girls in this world you decided to restrict yourself to this one? Why? Do you av complex issue or is it that you cant go out and meet the kinda gurl u want?...so,just becos she can cOok and has good manners you"l marry her...ds jazz wey dem put for you must clear IJN..."i dont see any chemistry btw 2 of u...i dont think it"ll work!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Cutehector(m): 5:46am On Nov 03, 2015
Estharfabian:
cry embarassed Exactly
and u grabbed it bak with style and dash it to anoda guy embarassed
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by femi4: 5:51am On Nov 03, 2015
fem29:
Please do not marry her. You have a lot of doubts about her. As far as I am concerned some of them are insurmountable. Do not marry someone that you have to change drastically. Can you live with her as she is if she doesn't change all these things you do not like.

In the end you will end up treating her bad and even beating her. Already you are shouting abuses at her. Let her go.
True DAT! Those changes are too radical
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by repogirl(f): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=Iamthewatcher post=39563201][/quote] This is a joke right?

From the way you sound, you don't want to marry her. You don't really want to be shackled with her for life if not, those things wouldn't matter....she doesn't measure up to your standards and that will keep disturbing you since you care about your wife representing.

My husband has a serious igbotic accent lol.... He's very intelligent and is well learned more than I am but his accent can throw you off at first. To me that was nothing. I don't even hear it anymore and I don't care of it affects anybody.

He's a wonderful person and all those superficial things don't matter.

So, if by now you still sometimes feel disgusted with some things about her, maybe you call it off because those things will keep affecting you.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by nathdim: 6:00am On Nov 03, 2015
sulmeza:
it's obvious from ur writeup u're actually looking 4 a perfect lady,which u can neva get.....she's even honest enuf to show u her flaws b4 marriage....if ur post's anything to go by,u've got a superb wife material in ur hands...dnt throw it away.....peace
he is looking for a perfect lady with phd
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by mudiana(m): 6:01am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I sincerely appreciate ur contribution bro but nobody is saying something about d age gap.
which age gap? is it written on her forehead? my broda forget this excuse and focus on working on her to ur standard. it is not easy to get a lady dat loves correction and willing to learn oh! a word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 03, 2015
The girl is good,you op dont know what you want
Or you are not ready to marry
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Ezenwa11(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I met my fiancee some few yrs ago. I've agreed to marry her but there are factors I still want to give a final consideration before signing the dotted lines. These are:

1. She is not literate but willing to go to school. I never dreamt of marrying an illiterate when I, myself is a graduate. Her waec result is nothing to write home about. In fact she wasted her time in secondary school as far as I'm concerned and when I asked her why she was such an olodo, she quickly blamed those she lived with. She said because she was more or less a maid then, she hadn't much time for her studies and that's why she failed woefully. When I met her, her use of english was zero and I had to exert much effort to bring her to the level where she could converse freely with me at least in english. She retook her ssce and credited all subjects except math.

2. She's 2yrs and 3months older than me. Some argue that a woman will age first when older and that's the reason men go for younger women or at worst, their age mates.

3: She sometimes feel inferior to me cos' of my literacy and polished way of going about my stuff.

4. She has a fat tummy. This I perceived to be an upshot of her eating habit before I met her. Can you believe that it was when I started staying close to her that I discovered that she doesn't drink water after eating. Maybe she does that very much later. She was an expert in devouring meat with her friends and never exercised. I also had to teach her to drink water first thing in the morning before taking breakfast. I discovered that her mouth was always dry as a result of this disgusting lifestyle. If she wants to have a word with me in low tone, I do perceive some offensive odours from the mouth sometimes. All this are changing slowly now cos' a damage of so many years can't just be corrected overnight. I'm putting much effort into rearing her cos' she's a wife material.

There are one or two other drawbacks I won't like to go into now as the aforementioned factors are the ones that baffle me the most. I sometimes get so annoyed and start abusing her. But she also has her good sides that even attracted me to her which are:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??

Believe it or leave it, you are not ready for marriage. There's no perfect woman anywhere in the world. If you want to marry a perfect match, 50 women combined together will not give you that. You have stayed with this woman for long, nurture her as you have always been and ignore those characters you can ignore. get married to her and live a happy life. Remember, you too are not perfect.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Mbilla(m): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2015
repogirl:
This is a joke right?

From the way you sound, you don't want to marry her. You don't really want to be shackled with her for life if not, those things wouldn't matter....she doesn't measure up to your standards and that will keep disturbing you since you care about your wife representing.

My husband has a serious igbotic accent lol.... He's very intelligent and is well learned more than I am but his accent can throw you off at first. To me that was nothing. I don't even hear it anymore and I don't care of it affects anybody.

He's a wonderful person and all those superficial things don't matter.

So, if by now you still sometimes feel disgusted with some things about her, maybe you call it off because those things will keep affecting you.
Which one is Igbotic accent again? Is ur tribe accent better than Igbo accent. I blame that nice Igbo man for marry an efulefu like u.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 03, 2015
my guy, u no love dis gal. cus if u love her, dis ones no b excuse. n I dnt c y u go carry her matter cum social media. U DEY Bleep UP
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by gretblue: 6:30am On Nov 03, 2015
Am drawing a conclusion from your analysis, except her older age than yours.everything is perfect about this lady.you might not appreciate what you have now until you meet those Brazilian hair babes of these days.you might need to think twice and give this your babe a chance because of those other good qualities she posses.asap,there isn't a perfect human being outside.The choice now is between a devil and a lesser devil.permit my choice of word.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by xtervaganza(m): 6:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

let me tell you why you should marry her

1) she understands her problems and she's ready to change

2) she retook her ssce and she took credit in all besides maths (I swear she try)

3) her ssce result proves if she had a better upbringing She would be better than she is

4) ypu know her falls already and you have started a good work with her. Believe she will soon be up to your taste

5) age is not a problem. If you love her just go for her

6) all the good things you listed about her you'll hardly find it in other girls

PLS MARRY HER AND SEND US INVITATION
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by murash: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2015
I can see it from your write up that you really love this babe, and I must tell most your complaints is nothing to those who really need a better wife that can do as our mother does, most of this graduate babe, 85% of them can not do half of you said this girl is doing for you, If u really need peaceful home marry her. If you mind u can send her contact to house.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Prince29(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Bro,d devil u knw is beta dan d angel u dnt knw.dat is wot nigeria is suffering nw. gej is nt good hw about buhari nw.bro my advice is dat u shld marry her.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by BluStreak(m): 6:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Guy, I have been there done that. To help you shed this cloak obscuring your better judgement, take a 3 months time out with your lady to enable you graze at the other side you feel the grass is greener. If you don't do 'Usen Bolt' back to this your unrefined lady and put a ring on it, count me out.

Those upwardly mobile, classy, sengemenge (sic) chicks are nothing to write home about. "Permit me to say, there are a few good once though sparsely scattered finding one will be like a needle in a hay stack".

She is your wife and no one is gonna share her with you. Be proud of her, make money and clean her up and see yourself enjoying the best of both worlds.

I don talk my won o.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by 2scorehigh(m): 6:37am On Nov 03, 2015
feaworaoja007:
My brother,lemme ask you one question...with all your exposure and everything;are you going up or down? You think this is the case of "the maids are not to blame?"...so of all the girls in this world you decided to restrict yourself to this one? Why? Do you av complex issue or is it that you cant go out and meet the kinda gurl u want?...so,just becos she can cOok and has good manners you"l marry her...ds jazz wey dem put for you must clear IJN..."i dont see any chemistry btw 2 of u...i dont think it"ll work!

You are right. I have the same feeling it won't work. And I think the guy already knows it too.

Something is lacking and in certain relationships, what is missing is pretty much more important than what is already obtainable.

I think what he's doing here is just trying to rationalize in his mind between how he really feels and how the girl will feel if things were the other way round. He's also probably trying to figure out how he would deal with the girl's reaction cum disappointment when he tells her he just can't continue with the relationship but at the same time, he doesn't want to be stuck in a sympathy marriage arrangement.

What so many people advising the guy to stick with the girl don't understand is that compatibility can be a very big issue in certain relationships and in this guy's case, I have a feeling the mental compatibility is what is seriously lacking in their relationship hence the guy's confusion.

Yes, it wasn't such a big issue all this while they were courting but now it's marriage and when it comes to marriage, most guys often tend to develop superior sense!

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Owliver(m): 6:38am On Nov 03, 2015
People never change

in fact, what you get in a relationship is a tip of iceberg compare to what will be unleashed during marriage.

never make the mistake angry

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2015
Lol... Op, talking about fat tummy, don't forget that most Nigerian girls have fat tummy, so continue to encourage her to do some abdominal exercise, and for other flaws I believe with time some will be corrected... Cos you can't change her completely.........

If ya still finding it difficult to bear, just tell her to gerrout, and call it off with her, at least it will save you time, stress and money... grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by babafirst(m): 6:42am On Nov 03, 2015
My candid advise,do not marry her.And the problem is you.My reason is because you don't respect her and if you don't respect your wife the marriage can never work.In describing her negative side to us you mocked and ridiculed her,for instance you called her olodo.A less sarcastic or milder word would have conveyed your point.In the long run even if she works on those negative aspects you mentioned you will never respect her effort in overcoming her negative sides but you will claim that you refined or 'baffed' her up.In summary you don't respect her enough to marry her.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Owliver(m): 6:43am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

as per the bolded thats a lie. she ain reserved. she's just staying low like a crocodile, waiting for its prey(you) to enter the trap(marriage) then she'll charge with full force stronger that the force of lightning. do no be deceived. havent you seen enough to be able to decode? no woman born of a man can deceive me, i will fish you out angry she's older than you and her "time is running out" she'll do anything to get that ring, even if its to lick your balls but when the ring finally comes she's spread open like a she-octopus and devour you like lucifer himself. Do not be deceived. angry
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by free2ryhme: 6:45am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

You did not ask her all these many questions and you come here to disturb us, are we going to living with you ”till death do you part”?

99% on this forum are children begging to eat and you present such herculean to them?

Shame dey catch me for you
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Mavor: 6:47am On Nov 03, 2015
Bro the way I see it, e be like say u dey always criticize am for her faults, hence she feels inferior. If you love her and she's wifey material, mold her with love to suit you. Don't force her. Encourage her always and always be sure to compliment the effort she puts into changing for the better. As per the age part, I have no comment on that. Cheers m8.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality / I'm A Fine Girl, I'll Get Married To A Fine Man So My Kids Will Be Fine - Lady / Differences between Marriage Sex and Fornication/Adultery Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.