Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. (7064 Views)

Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP / Christians Guard Muslim As They Prayed At NASS / President Buhari Prayed For Nigeria In Medina (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by Candyrain(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

Thanks.
I appreciate.
If it weren't for the moral support, I prolly would have felt down.
There's a saying that "after all is said and done, we'll remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

I saw Severus.snape and Genbloody doing the "honourable" thing lol... They did really well and that's what I call "watching your brother's/sister's back. I had to laugh at some point with some of their response to those "bad belles". Really hilarious.

MizMyColi:

Yeah, I saw your post on the thread.
Tbh, I don't blame you one bit. We all have our ways to process angst and however anyone chooses to go about theirs within acceptable limits is fine by me.

I actually lost it this morning when I commented in that thread. I wished you could see how much I tried holding myself back. Honestly it wasn't easy

MizMyColi:

I saw the screenshots and I felt a tinge of regret. It made me rethink my past actions.
If these things came to light then, I prolly would have maintained my lane. All the same, these things happen for a purpose and I'm thankful for being an instrument of hope and succour at the time.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing from those shots. The question I asked my was "is this the same guy I've been gallivanting with on nl all in the name of being pro-PDP?" The hatred was just too deep. I've been seeing the tribal e-war going on between Igbos and Yorubas here but the venom he spewed because of his hatred is more than that from all the SW combined together. Honestly if I knew this God knows that nothing would have made me have anything to do with him. It's good he finally revealed what he harbours in his mind. I wish he all the best.

MizMyColi:

Well, it's all good.
People make mistakes, and everyday presents a chance to better our lives.

Mistakes? Are you taking about him? If he's the one you referring to then I don't think it's a mistake. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. No matter how much he tried to cover up that part of him by allying with the Igbos all in the name of PDP, he just couldn't becos it's who he is. Whatever he might have been told about the Igbos has stayed with him probably from childhood. It's all good.

MizMyColi:

Exactly my brother!
What's the use when one'll feel bad after engaging in e-fights? No need, trust me.

Yea, no need. Naturally I'm not used to hurling insults. There was a time I tried it, not on NL though, someone hurled insult at me, I replied with me, when the person threw another I froze. I didn't know what else to say. It's really better to just let it slide.

MizMyColi:

Nothing much really.
I was simply reminded of my life's purpose as a peacemaker and minister of reconciliation, and how I'm to hold my peace because I happen to be among a people blessed with the gift of piety.
Anyone can say negative stuff and get away with it...just not us. We bless, even in the face of persecution.

I might need you to say some words of prayer on me lol... Btw I think I saw someone asking that you pray for him. Pls I have my list of prayer points, can I submit it? grin

MizMyColi:

Lol
Even if you see me lose my cool and take anyone to the cleaners, just know that I will have to go through a rigorous "flogging" to rid myself of such negative energy.
Sometimes, when I think of what it'll cost me, I take the easy way out.
I bless, forgive and pray for them.

It's good to know oneself, self-discovery is very important. It helps guide the choices one makes. I'm glad you know yourself sis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by WETINUSABI: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nigeria shall witness exceedingly greater heights before the expiry of Buhari and Osinbajo's first term in office. I don't know how God will do it, but I know he is able.

Starting from today onwards, my tomorrow would forever be better than my today throughout my existence.

Happy new month Nairalanders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by Jascon4: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
omenka:
What's the point when you'd use same fingers and tongue to curse him a million times before the day runs out

I've never seen her curse, not even those who curse her. Nonetheless, she normally exercises her civil right to criticism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by MizMyColi(f): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Candyrain:

I saw Severus.snape and Genbloody doing the "honourable" thing lol... They did really well and that's what I call "watching your brother's/sister's back. I had to laugh at some point with some of their response to those "bad belles". Really hilarious.

Looool
I saw that some of his posts were hidden.
Those guys are people I do not play tumbu tumbu with, tbh.
Aaahh, thank God I wasn't the only one laughing. Lol!

I actually lost it this morning when I commented in that thread. I wished you could see how much I tried holding myself back. Honestly it wasn't easy

It's not always easy at first.
But one secret of mine when it comes to how I deal with folks is my willingness to forgive.
If you don't forgive a person, you become psychically attached to them. That way, anything they do gets to you. But if you forgive, you will find that you become disinterested in their issues...you become more at peace.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing from those shots. The question I asked my was "is this the same guy I've been gallivanting with on nl all in the name of being pro-PDP?" The hatred was just too deep. I've been seeing the tribal e-war going on between Igbos and Yorubas here but the venom he spewed because of his hatred is more than that from all the SW combined together. Honestly if I knew this God knows that nothing would have made me have anything to do with him. It's good he finally revealed what he harbours in his mind. I wish he all the best

Nwannem o o o
cheesy
I first weak like dodo!
I decided to stay off the tribal threads joor.
I had better things doing at the timegrin

Mistakes? Are you taking about him? If he's the one you referring to then I don't think it's a mistake. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. No matter how much he tried to cover up that part of him by allying with the Igbos all in the name of PDP, he just couldn't becos it's who he is. Whatever he might have been told about the Igbos has stayed with him probably from childhood. It's all good.

Well, to be fair, I remember a thread was created where he apologized back then, for his bad utterances. But pulling these stunts lately? Methinks there's an inner motive , yet to see anyon figure out.

Yea, no need. Naturally I'm not used to hurling insults. There was a time I tried it, not on NL though, someone hurled insult at me, I replied with me, when the person threw another I froze. I didn't know what else to say. It's really better to just let it slide.

If you're not used to it, don't let them drag you down to that level. Even if you must make a point, do so assertively, and in all civility....you'll find that you're better for it in the grand scheme.

I might need you to say some words of prayer on me lol... Btw I think I saw someone asking that you pray for him. Pls I have my list of prayer points, can I submit it? grin

When you're readygrin

It's good to know oneself, self-discovery is very important. It helps guide the choices one makes. I'm glad you know yourself sis.

Thanks Bro. I think we all know ourselves. It's just some of us prefer living in denial.
Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by Jascon4: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
Chubhie:
Never hate your enemies. It makes a mess of your sense of reasoning.

You can contain the hate and wait till you get up and close to be able to behead them as you so wish. That's if they are not armed with guns compared to your outdated model of machete.

For a mere written comment of a total stranger to inspire such hate means you need to work on yourself first. You've got to respect peoples opinions regardless of how stupid it sounds to you.

You are treading a dangerous path if you take this mindset to real life.
Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by flyingdutchman(m): 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
truthonmission:
. If this nation operate on justice, may your prayer be answered. But if this your socalled nation based on injustice, may you and your family perish, Amen.
Pls I'll like us to meet for a friendly meal- lunch. I'm sure you misunderstood me. What's your location? I love adventures so I might travel to see you. Thanks.
Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by mentorandfriend(m): 9:10am On Nov 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

My dear, let's do something differently today. Try modifying your comment to reflect something positive.
Let today be for positivity and projecting hope for a better future.

We can continue with our complains and wailings tomorrow, it's allowedgrin

I don't know if this qualifies for a testimony, but I'll share with you.

Mom just got a new shop apartment in a place where it was rumored that people hardly make sales.
She had earlier booked me for Saturday to help her with sales of items we recently imported.
When we set up shop and peeps weren't tropping in like I expected...
I was tempted to complain about the economy and how things were taking a negative turn under Buhari.
But something kept me from doing so.
Instead, I decided to start thinking positively, I believed in the supernatural that things would defo take a turn for the better, I didn't allow my spirit dampen....

My dear, within hours, especially towards the evening, there was an influx! I became overwhelmed with demands of gimme this! gimmee that!

To cut the long story short, sales went well, really well. More than we'd expected.
More importantly, we were able to foster goodwill with neighbouring shop owners.

Yesterday was fulfilling for me.

I learnt a lesson.
Impossible Is Nothing to him who believes.

So should you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To. by mentorandfriend(m): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, like I said, people pray for different reasons.

I'm not the kind who prays so that God can wield a magic wand and make all our problems go away.
No.

Prayer has a way of changing my attitude to things.
Matter of fact, I don't pray always.
But when I do, it usually counts for something.

I understand your angle, but one thing you should ask yourself is that, during the time of those corporate prayers, what was the state of mind of those who prayed?

Some of them harboured bitterness and unforgiveness.
Others were praying and had intentions of going to do worse things tomorrow.

My prayers today deepened my understanding that true change starts with me.
It helped me totally forgive two of my good friends who happen to be NLers. I was able to see the good in them again.
It has helped not to harbour evil thoughts against the persons who are deliberately seeking to anger me on this thread.

If that's not a miracle what celebrating, I wonder what is. There's power in prayer, when done rightly. I believe that much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JTF Explains Gun Duel With Terrorists In Potiskum / AMERICA WONDER ; APC Produces A Cyber Cafe Certificate For Buhari. Picture. / PDP Convention: David Mark Warns Against Impunity And Imposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.