Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,636 members, 7,930,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:46 AM

Buying A House Vs Building A House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying A House Vs Building A House (1789 Views)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / Tree Growing In Between A House In Benin (photos) / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A House Vs Building A House by deltateam: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2015
For me I plan to buy an already built house to avoid the stress of having to run around building mine from scratch atleast for now.

I wish to know which is better and why? Thanks!

Cc:Seun
Lalasticlacla
Super Moderators
Moderators
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by walad4yhu(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2015
To me, building is better than buying because wen building it from scratch, u will build it to your own taste.
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by walad4yhu(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by smiley001(m): 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
building of course... Wit dis, u build to ur taste and u av d history of d whole building, u also save some money and expect to face no bad issues or problems.

There's nothing wrong in buying but if u r to buy, try buy a new building... If u r interested in an old one, u need to get some facts before buying like d reason dey want to sell it etc and also buy from a tested and trusted property agent, also involve a property lawyer to do some checking for u.
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by abouzaid: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
a house built specifically for sale would likely be built to the lowest possible standards, go to any of the estate threads and hear the negative stories
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by josite: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
if u have time constraints alone should u buy a house.if u have plenty time,build or beta still if u are lucky to be involved in the house for sale from the planning stage till finish then its a good buy.
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
It depends. I've done both and it is always better for me to build than buy when I have the time.

What is your motivation? Cost or time? Do you feel that you're getting a good deal baed on your budget or you don't have the time it takes to get the house completed?

When you buy a house you;re buying someones else dream and desires which may not match yours. Most times after purchasing used homes the new owners go on a restructuring project. Knocking out walls, putting up new walls, etc

But if you build your house, you'll work with an Architect from day one on what you want exactly.

Then old houses may have asbestos in them, wiring not up to modern standard, etc Just go and read on of the first threads pinned at the top of these section on Lekki Gardens.
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
Build your house yourself ..

Or buy a house and renovate it to your taste, this would be cheaper than building a new one from scratch ..
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by nigeriancuban: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
The truth is most of these already built houses are or were not built to quality so at times doing it yourself might guarantee a very durable home but on other hand someone who just got back from overseas and needs to be inside his mansion wouldn't have time building from scratch....but for people like me with a very eccentric taste I would prefer to build from scrath
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by brabus(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Build vs Buying a House

Factors that will help you make your final decision.

Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/721174/build-buy-new-building-renovate
Re: Buying A House Vs Building A House by brabus(m): 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
"With an existing building you're stuck with entrances, ground floor spaces, relationship to garden, stair location, even kitchen, so building a new house is the best way to gain value, even in the short term." ~ My Dad 2010

(1) (Reply)

Letting: 3 B/Rm Executive Bungalow With BQ-Ogombo / How Much Is The Cost Of Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Oshogbo / Don't Be Left Out! Incredible Offer At An Awesome Location. # QUEENS COURT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.