Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,856 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. (14052 Views)

PDP Plans To Sell Party Membership, Ministrial Slots For Being Cash-strapped / See Pic Of Chris Ngige Answering Questions At Ministrial Nominee Screening 2day / Suggest A Ministrial Portfolio For Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by BALLOSKI: 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lalong for interior pls.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by cupidFlint(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
I believe this folks should go back to the dressing room and re-strategize a plan cos it seems they're the one who are clueless.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:
Despite my reservations for jumping at unverified scoops, I would say this list represents the most likely distribution of portfolios to the ministerial nominees. The list goes in line with this administration's 97% and 5% arrangement. All the juicy portfilios have been awarded to Northerners. But the only bone I would pick with it is due to the President's recent revelation of decreasing the amount of Ministers with portfolios.

PS: I thought APC fanatics claimed Fashola would be appointed as the Minister for the FCT. He wasn't even made the Minister for FCT(state).
Mumu, Minister of Power and Minister for FCT which is of more importance and which is more better....Wailing Wailer

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by ddippset(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:
Despite my reservations for jumping at unverified scoops, I would say this list represents the most likely distribution of portfolios to the ministerial nominees. The list goes in line with this administration's 97% and 5% arrangement. All the juicy portfilios have been awarded to Northerners. But the only bone I would pick with it is due to the President's recent revelation of decreasing the amount of Ministers with portfolios.

PS: I thought APC fanatics claimed Fashola would be appointed as the Minister for the FCT. He wasn't even made the Minister for FCT(state).
If finance, justice, power, petroleum are not juicy then what are they? Bastard!

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dayo23(f): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Fashola is far better in Power than FCT

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Lanretoye(m): 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Jimiyke:
BREKING NEWS.. Agric and Natural Resources Audu Ogbeh (Benue) Agric and Natural Resources Geoffrey (State) Onyema (Enugu) Attorney General, James Ocholi (Kogi) Aviation Sen Hadi Sirika (Katsina) Defence Abdulrahman Dambazau(Kano) Defence (State) Dan Ali (Zamfara) Education . Isaac Adewole (Osun) FCT (State) Solomon Dalong (Plateau) Federal Capital Territory Abubakar Bawa Bwari (Niger) Finance Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia) Finance (State) Kemi Adeosun (Ogun) Foreign Affairs . Kayode Fayemi- (Ekiti) Foreign Affairs (State) Adamu Adamu (Bauchi) Health Osagie Ehanire (Edo) Information, Communication Technology Lai Mohammed (Kwara) Interior Cladius Omoleye Daramola (Ondo) Labour Prof Anthony Onwuka (Imo) Mines and Steel Development Abubakar Malami (Kebbi) National Planning Amina Mohammed (Gombe) Niger Delta Affairs Rotimi Amaechi Niger Delta Affairs (State) Pastor Usani Uguru (Cross River) Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu (Delta) Police Affairs Chris Ngige (Anambra) Power Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) Sports & Youth Development Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa) Trade and Investment Udo Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom) Trade and Investment (State) Zainab Ahmed (Kaduna) Women Affairs Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim (Yobe) Works (State) Barr. Adebayo Shittu (Oyo)
Works & Transport Ogbonaya Onu- (Ebonyi) Ogbonaya Onu- (Ebonyi)

How dare you serve us a meal without sauce?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by BALLOSKI: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

so? We don't even want him to be confined to the FCT , we need him where he can have a national influence.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
dayo23:
Amina should never be Minister of state and also Pro Adewole should be Health not education
National Planning Amina Mohammed
(Gombe)

Yes... Prof Adewole would function as an excellent Health Minister but he aren't bad for education also... Remember he's been in the system for a very long time...Also a former vice chancellor of the nation's premier university...

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
olatunji21:

Mumu, Minister of Power and Minister for FCT which is of more importance and which is more better....Wailing Wailer
Then why didn't you claim he would be awarded that portfolio. Now you want to console yourself. Accept it as your quantum of solace. With him as the minister for power, he will fail with flying colours. His only achievement will be the over-inflated awarding of contracts for the construction and rehabilitation of power plants and also the overbloated commission for the creation of a new website for the ministry of power, Awon Ole!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by willyzmart(m): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sai baba

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
BALLOSKI:
so? We don't even want him to be confined to the FCT , we need him where he can have a national influence.
In the FCT, his kleptomania will go unnoticed. But in Power, at the end of his tenure, his thievery and incompetence will be splashed across the pages of all the national dailies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by gebest: 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
K
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by pussyphilia(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
If this is true then our power sector is in trouble.

Fashola is not only unqualified to hold such sensitive position but he's also corrupt! We might just be heading back to the era of sharp practices in the power sector.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
dayo23:
Fashola is far better in Power than FCT
When megawatts drop to 1000 and only about 20% of the power plants are operational, you will float another Moniker.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Jimiyke(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
The ministries have been pruned down to just 21. Good for us. Works and Transport merged, same with Information and ICT, Science and technology scrapped and shifted to Education.

Lands, Housing and Urban development scrapped. Buhari is a genius. The land use Act place the ownership of lands except FCT on the States with the Governors as trustees. The Supreme has declared that Urban Development is a state matter. So whats the essence of a federal ministry for lands, housing and urban development?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by BALLOSKI: 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

In the FCT, his kleptomania will go unnoticed. But in Power, at the end of his tenure, his thievery and incompetence will be splashed across the pages of all the national dailies.
pessimist , wait until we get there first.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
pussyphilia:
If this is true then our power sector is in trouble.

Fashola is not only unqualified to hold such sensitive position but he's also corrupt! We might just be heading back to the era of sharp practices in the power sector.
Don't mind them. They are all deluded by the various infrastructures, which credit he stole from the Transformation government of GEJ. Now there is no longer a benevolent Altruistic Father Christmas to hide behind, all their faults shall be exposed and their n@kedness made known.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by BALLOSKI: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
80million1:
Reclaiming the Nigeria Dream... I've spoken to a lot of people in different parts of the country, I have addressed various groups and sub groups, and one of the most frequently asked questions is... How can we make our nation better, what can we do? The answer I always give them is; You be an agent of positive change. The issue before us right now isn't about North vs South or Hausas vs Igbos, Yorubas vs the South South. The Issue is bigger than that... It's about our past vs our future. It's about where we are coming from vs where we are going to. Let's see ourselves as brothers and not two distant strangers. We can reclaim the Nigeria Dream. God bless Nigeria.
Watch Olamide Adenuga talk about... Reclaiming the Nigeria dream. It's just a 3 minutes inspirational talk, clips of my program on startimes. Kindly watch, download and help share with others. Be inspired. Thank you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiPeteFhZe8
WAP tv things.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by hinwazaka: 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
BALLOSKI:
pessimist , wait until we get there first.
Illusionist, your eyes will soon receive sight.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by BALLOSKI: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Illusionist, your eyes will soon receive sight.
oremussanctus, you are the one who needs that eye-sight right now.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Shut up. .I doubt the list though. As far as Buhari's administration is concerned, there's nothing like 'juicy' portfolios. It died when the last administration died! Let's even assume that there's something called such, is Finance which a South-Easterner is alleged to head no longer juicy? Did you not castigate most of these Igbos who are in his cabinet for supporting him during the Election? Why have you now decided to be their mouthpiece? Is Works no longer juicy according to you? If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you keep your fingers crossed. You must not comment!

BTW, who are the APC fans who said Fashola would emerge as the FCT Minister? Learn to put 'some' when next you're asserting. I have always known that a Northerner would emerge as the FCT Minister. A Southerner can only get FCT State (though not constitutional). But it has always been the norm!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
dayo23:
Amina should never be Minister of state and also Pro Adewole should be Health not education

Ehanire deserves that portfolio. He's sound! What did the Prof study?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by PassingShot(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Even though not confirmed, the distribution is very plausible. Looks like what I'd expect.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
If Fashion gets power then he will be the next President after PMB.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by donphilopus: 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Before we contribute any further, I don't think this real is real. I feel it is as fake as the 'P' in Psychology. Where's Abubakar Malami on the list? There are some other people missing. I don't trust this list!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by PassingShot(m): 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
sandraokosun1:
where is amin mohammed?
Perhaps one of those with no portfolio.

The list has 30 names out of 36.
grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by ahaz: 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mynd44:
Not surprising
for God sake what did fashola know about power.that ministry showed be handled by an engineer not a lawyer...lets remember the failure of bola ige after much bragging.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dialfa: 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
hinwazaka:

Which posts are more juicier than petroleum and finance? Both of which if this list is true will be controlled by Igbos.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by dialfa: 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
ahaz:
for God sake what did fashola know about power.that ministry showed be handled by an engineer not a lawyer...lets remember the failure of bola ige after much bragging.

It is an administrative post, not technical.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
After Buhari said that some ministerial nominees would just sit in the FEC meeting without heading any ministry, I doubt this.
r

He will do that by creating many ministers of state. So they wont held.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ministrial Positions Are Out. by osazeeblue01: 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
Who cares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Cashless As Obiano Launches POS For IGR Collection / Naira Swap: Atiku Demands ‘slight’ Extension, Says Nigerians Discomforted / Court Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of Patience Jonathan Houses In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.