Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,338 members, 7,950,664 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

Ex-efcc Chairman Farida Waziri Speaks On Fighting Corruption With Oil Cabals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-efcc Chairman Farida Waziri Speaks On Fighting Corruption With Oil Cabals (386 Views)

Ajuji Waziri Is Dead (Farida Waziri's Husband) / Reps Summon Minister, Ex-efcc, SURE-P Bosses Over N1trn Rail Contracts Scam / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-efcc Chairman Farida Waziri Speaks On Fighting Corruption With Oil Cabals by JumiR: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
A former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Waziri, has revealed she was under “fierce attacks, slander, blackmail and threats,” while trying to end oil-money induced corruption in the country. Waziri disclosed this in a statement by her media aide, Ade Williams, saying she supports the anti-corruption stance of President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Waziri: “No doubt, our over-dependence on oil revenue has brought us to the point where we are as a nation today. As an anti-corruption czar, I have seen how some of those the nation entrusted with its oil resources in the past helped themselves more than the country.

"With our focus on agriculture, the struggle by political office holders to steal oil fund would diminish while the national wealth will be in the hands of the people instead of a privileged greedy few. We cannot all dig oil wells in our backyard but we can all farm in our backyards. It is time to end oil-money induced corruption in our land by buying into President Buhari’s vision and take ownership.

“I have made my contributions in the fight to discourage that and even recovered some of the looted funds in billions of dollars. For daring to do that, I came under fierce attacks, slander, blackmail and threats but by God’s grace and long years of experience, I survived all. I am glad today that indeed, there is a new sheriff in town.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/ex-efcc-chairman-farida-waziri-speaks-on-fighting-corruption-with-oil-cabals/
Re: Ex-efcc Chairman Farida Waziri Speaks On Fighting Corruption With Oil Cabals by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fighting Corruption is easier said than done!
Re: Ex-efcc Chairman Farida Waziri Speaks On Fighting Corruption With Oil Cabals by tyson99(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Was your mouth on mute while you were there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Freeman Osonuga Named Among 3 Finalists For Space Trip / Falae Jets Out To London For Medical Treatment / Senate Leader Says PDP Senators Will Soon Move In Their No To APC [ SEE Reason]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.