Stats: 3,190,803 members, 7,942,013 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free (1597 Views)

4 Online Careers You Can Pursue From Home / 12 Viruses In Your Cv / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster (2) (3) (4)

4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
When I left school, I was faced with the problem of writing my CV to the accepted format. I googled the topic “how to write a CV” and I got many answers that helped to further complicate the initial question.

I got my research cap on and explored further. I networked with my immediate friends, extended friends and friends of my friends. I was desperate to stand out from the crowd and to present the best CV which is tailored for any job I would apply for.

I discovered several formats for writing resumes online and offline. From the simplest to the complicated ones. I got real life CV samples from people who are currently employed and also from some professional and postgraduate students.

I was able to come up with my own CV in about 4 different formats. Then the next challenge was to review these different resume formats. I know that there is always the possibility that I would make mistakes in my resumes and I want to learn from them before the big day comes.

Then, I discovered that Jobberman, a job site was offering a one-time free resume evaluation services to its subscribers. I submitted one of my CV and got it evaluated. But the disadvantages of using Jobberman free CV evaluation is that you have to be their subscriber to enjoy their service. Jobberman free CV evaluation service is basically a sales tool to their premium service.

Don’t get me wrong, Jobberman is a great site to be for job seekers and professionals alike. I am not just satisfied with their free CV evaluation
service and migrating to their premium service is a no-no for me. I don’t even have the cash to pay then despite the fact that it was a promo then.

What I discovered after using their service is that recruiters don’t give a hoot about your CV format. Your CV format shouldn’t be your top priority. What every recruiter want to see are your skills, strengths and value to their organization. They want to see it staring at them from just a glance at your CV.

Truth be told, this is very difficult for a fresh graduate and even some professionals who make use of some professional and premium services to
get this done for them. In case you are like me and would want to get your CV reviewed without paying a dime, then this article is for you.

I have combined a list of websites online that I have tested that will get your CV evaluated for free. They offer recommendations and you can
download these recommendations or get it sent to your email. And you can also submit your CV to them as many times as possible using your email. That is, you can rinse and repeat as many times as possible.

These are the four online tools I used to evaluate my CV for free.

Rezscore

This is the simplest and easiest to use of all these tools. Rezscore is an online tool that read through your resume and then analyze it using metrics that are based on certified resume writers. As it the name implies, Rezscore scores your resume. All you have to do to get your
Rezscore as simple as 123 i.e. upload your resume, set your subscription options and get your grade instantly.

Live Career

Live Career offers a free tool called Resume-Check which will run a thorough analysis on your CV and is able to identify 20 common resume problems. Resume-Check will check for grammar, verbs, organization, length, spelling, sections, fonts etc. Resume-Check is very easy to use. Just upload your CV and get your score instantly.

Naukri

Naukri is an online tool that will give you a free feedback report on your resume within 30 second! Your report is automatically backed up in their
database. You have to create an account with them so as to have access to your score. If you are not comfortable with this, you can easily
use the other tools. Otherwise, Naukri is a great online tool.

Resume Grade

Resume Grade is an online tool that compares your resume with other job winning resumes. It will instantly grade your resume and offers suggestions on how you can improve on your resume and make it better. Resume Grade also have a free resume builder that will help you to build a great resume which you can download as .doc or pdf. Resume Grade is a comprehensive resume review with no fees.

All the listed free CV evaluation tools above are great and very easy to use. What I did was to combine all these four tools together for the optimum result. I wish you all the best in your career.

Source: www.ideasplusbusiness.com/4-online-tools-i-used-to-evaluate-my-cv-for-free/

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Great post!

Visit www.ideasplusbusiness.com for more ideas, business and career tips.
Re: 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by Stevostical(m): 2:08am On Nov 03, 2015
Ogbeni, you post finish come comment again, wetin happen na, you wan be OP and FTC at the same time ni, lailai kolesise. Anyway this is very informative, pls can u forward the stuff to me? Just PM me. Thanks a lot.
Re: 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by vnlabor(f): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2015
Thank you for your useful post.
Besides, candidates can self-evaluate CVs based on HR professional advice:
First of all, Remember, a recruiter does not have time to read all the things you write in your CV.
They just take few seconds to take a look at it, so what a candidate needs to do is focus on the key factors. Find out what an HR care in a CV:

- The recent position: They usually try to find the newest job of a contestant and why he was attracted with this job. Was he fired? How long has he been there? Did it relate to position he was apply?

- Company reputation: A well-known company will help employers check information easier. In some cases, when they never heard about that company, they will read it more carefully which isn’t a big deal unless your CV is too bad.

- General experiences: Does the candidate gradually develop from time to time? Did their sense of responsible also raise when they got promoted? What was their experience suitable for this position?

- Keyword: This is a way to find the appropriate candidates. A fast and simple way: Ctrl+F (search) with few familiar keywords: MBA, PhD, Stanford, Java, iOS or anything you think of.

- Gap time: As long as you have a reasonable answer for your gap time. You developed your own project and totally failed? Too impress. Or you were home for 3 years to bring up your child or travel the world? No problem.
Remember, all we need is a specific reason, if not, we will think you were unemployed in that time.

- Your online available: Your private website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Github or Dribble or whatever you are in.

- General evaluation: Include grammar, spelling, how clear is your interpretation?

The time for all of these: Not exceed 30 seconds.

Definitely they will take the time to read carefully those CV, but basically which CV make they feel excited. And each of them will take about 1 minute to make sure to bookmark it or not.

Source: What does a professional recruiter care about your CV?

Re: 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks @ vnlabor
You are really on point.
Re: 4 Online Tools You Can Use To Evaluate Your CV For Free by holyman44: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
After uploading and getting d grade fr ur cv, how do u correct d grammatical errors.

Pls, op I really wanna know. Thanx

Develop Your Building Drawing Bungalow 40k, Duplex 60k Very Cheap / Nigerian Navy Past Questions 2017 / Which Are The Best HR Certifications Out There?