Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,520 members, 7,978,716 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:03 PM

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! (22089 Views)

I'm Still A Virgin But Have Swollen Tummy Like Fibroid- A Friend Seeks Advice / Libido / Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2015
delishpot:
Tell him only the weak at heart give way for a known thief to rob him of his most precious item; his life.
Problems in life should make one stronger and more determined to prosper. It should be turned into a rocket that proppels ais forward to put shame in the faces of those who thought we would never make it in our lives.

Tell him people face more serious problems such as rape, barreness, loss of bread winners, loss of job and even sick spouse or child they also get abused by people and even some get physically hurt by people. Yet they knock sense into their heads and press on. Even people in Auswich or concentration camps still had hopes. They held on to faith till they were free even though people were dying left right and center. No one says it is easy but I am saying with a positive outlook he can overcome.

your words are very true. Thanks alot
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ChynoBEATS: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2015
mployer:

He should learn to talk slowly and avoid heated arguments.

Abi o , n he should stop feeling bad if he's been laughed @
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by kaziblake(f): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2015
I was once a stamarer but by d grace of GOD and my mum I was able to overcome it.But I was able to stop it thru beating and slap from my mother,she really helped me in overcoming it.just focus and try to practice ur speech in private place,it might help
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by poshest(f): 7:15am On Nov 03, 2015
TELL HIM TO GO AND READ ABOUT hrithik roshan. HE WAS A CHRONIC STAMMERER BUT HE HAS STOPPED.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by chillian(f): 7:16am On Nov 03, 2015
He should thank God that he can talk,never the less he shoul learn to control his anger,and when angered and wants to talk he should calm down and explain calmly not rush his comment nor be in a hurry to tallk only explain when he must have been calm that way he starmmers less.thanks
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell your friend to always consciously count from 1-10 before replying abuses or provocations or even an argument, he automatically won't stammer. Because counting from 1-10 gives him control, not over his emotions only but also over his speaking.
He should try it. Works for a friend of mine who advised me too, he said when people say means or horrible things to me- I should count 1-10 before replying them and that my replies will surprise me. It actually works, well unless you're terribly uncivil.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by jesussaves22: 7:20am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
A friend of mine just met me shedding tears like a baby.
I thought he had lost his mum or one of his relatives but i was wrong.

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs? Lalasticlala
Tell your friend to try this method though i will enquire more abt it. He should buy an ogene pour water inside it keep it for some days and start drinking the water every morning... In my villa i have a friend who stammers more than ur friend but today he talks like parrot without stopping unlike when we use him for carricature those days.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by yemjazz: 7:20am On Nov 03, 2015
Deep breath before talking . Talk slowly and control your temper.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by calabaman(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2015
i used to be an ACUTE STAMMERER. so i can relate to ur frnds experience.

it got so bad, that i cudnt even ask for food without having to write it down, couldnt woo a lady.

Remedy: i asked God to give me the DETERMINATION to change my status. that determination is key, because it changes ur mindset. then i started speaking v.slowly and today am cured. i just resigned from a customer care job that rrquires spkn to hundreds of pple daily and thousands monthly and i exceled in my job.

SUICIDE IS NOT THE WAY. TRUST GOD AND DETERIMINE TO CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2015
phayvoursky:
[b]I'M A STUTTER AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND WITH THE HELP OF MY FRIENDS WE BEEN ABLE TO BRING IT DOWN TO A VERY LOW LEVEL.

*FIRST OF ALL; I HAD TO KILL THE TEMPER IN ME.

DUE TO THE FACT THAT I STUTTER; IT WAS DIFFICULT TO VOICE OUT MY ANGER WHENEVER I HAVE A LITTLE DISAGREEMENT WITH SOMEONE SO I CONSIDERED VIOLENCE AS AN ALTERNATIVE WHICH ENDED UP WORSENING THE SCENERIO AFTER ALL.

SO I'LL ADVICE UR FRIEND TO TAKE A CHILL PILL WHENEVER SUCH SITUATIONS ARISES. IF HE CAN BE ABLE TO CONTROL HIS TEMPER, HE'S ON THE PATHWAY TO SPEAKING LIKE BARACK OBAMA.

*SECONDLY; AN AFRICAN ADDAGE SAID: IT TAKES A WHOLE VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD.

I RECEIVED HELP FROM MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. IT WASN'T THAT BAD TO THE EXTENT OF STUMPING MY FOOT OR HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL BEFORE I SPEAK BUT I RECOGNISED I WASN'T BORN THAT WAY SO I DECIDED IT MUST COME TO A HALT.

SO EVERYONE WHO HAD A STAKE IN ME, FROM FAMILY TO FRIENDS AND GOOD FOES ALL HAD A ROLE TO PLAY. I CHOSE THE BEST OF FRIENDS AND THEY REALLY HELPED.

THEY EVEN MAKE JEST OF ME AND WE ALL LAUGH IT OUT.

SO AS A FRIEND TO HIM YOU'VE GOT A ROLE TO PLAY AND THANK GOD YOU RECOGNISE THIS.

*LASTLY; LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO GIVE ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO WANT TO GET ON HIS NERVES.

I ADVISE HIM TO ALWAYS KEEP HIS COOL AT ALL TIMES, LISTEN BEFORE SPEAKING OUT, TRY TO SPEAK GENTLY AND TABLE HIS PROBLEM TO GOD.

HE SHOULD REMEMBER THERE'S NO FORGIVENESS TO SUICIDE.

I PRAY THIS WILL HELP. [/b]
wow this will really go a long way . Thanks very much
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:
Allow him to kill himself. Animal.

He is naturally greedy and insatiable.
Has he not seen blind, deaf, crippled and even people who spent their entire lives in a hospital.

He can talk at all and be heard, yet he thinks he should have had everything in life, except death of course.

I don't have pity, he can go and kill himself if he wants. There are too many people in the world already.

And before he go to buy the rope in the market, tell him that we will forget he ever existed in less than one year.
u too harsh bro.. Try and put urself in his shoes and see how painful it is to be mocked cheesy
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2015
i can't believe people are actually asking this Guy to thank God. i mean, this HAS to be the height of foolishness, right? why can't YOU tell GOD, to make him able to speak well? doesn't he DESERVE to speak well? or your God CANNOT make him speak well? all he does is sit somewhere in the realm of your fantasies, gobbling praises?

anyway, i don't have much help to render except that your friend should focus more on his strength. there are actually quite a lot of famous stammerers who have managed to transcend their apparent disabilities. we all have our problems. his only seems more apparent. but the truth is, life IS more than just talking. life is about who we are. and what we leave behind.

not withstanding, you should try speaking slowly, gradually, the situation might improve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by babafirst(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell him to speak slowly and gently,he should master never to rush his words no matter how agitated he is.That will make him even more articulate and convey royalty,confidence and wisdom.As a guide try and listen to the way some of our religious speakers Islamic or Christain speak (not the fiery speakers but the more gentle speakers like PastorAdeboye or TB Joshua).In fact use a pitch or tempo as slow as Pastor Adeboye's 'Let somebody shout Hallelujah'.My younger brother was a stammerer but he speaks better now and we all listen to him.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by geebehn(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell ur friend to control his temper. He shouldn't be the type that get angry easily.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Georgeooo(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell your friend to use gong in drinking water and to talk slowly as well doing everything to make himself happy. I was once like him.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Tyontop(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
He should take things easy, and have self confidence in himself.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Coolcash1:
From research, however, stammerrers are known to be very brilliant and intelligent. Because the speech defects makes them to be on the reserve side- they talk less and think more trying to be the best they can.

For your friend, I can relate..its so painful, embarrassing and dejecting. However, the only thing for him to do is to learn to speak slowly and gently...Never rush your speech! Else, everything would be muddled up and he will be made a laughing stock.

Let him not take his life. His life is too precious...

God bless Nigeria.
true talk brother.. Thanks a lot
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Lemme giv u an advice, I was a stammerer, Even my two brothers suffered same tin, it was dat bad dat i couldn't talk without getting laffed at, Now wat i learnt n did was, each time I get laffed at, I pick dos words dat make me stammer and try using dem each time I speak even though I knew I was gonna fall ma hand again, u knw y? Cos each time I use dos words, I get used to dem.. I remember in secondary school den, wen i stood up to answer questions, i get laffed at becos of ma disability, dat didn't stop me frm answering questions, in fact it gingered me d more nd d funny tin is dat dos people dat laffed at me will still clap fr me every tym I get d answers correctly nd i was even d best in Ma class, I taught my fellow students in skul, especially dem assholes dat laffed at me, hu cares, dey were now subjected too me, I was a king in class with d disability, my brother own was d worst buh imagine he was still d head man in choir in chech, he sings perfectly nd everybody will b like wow, he carries all d finest chicks in the neighbourhood nd he even selects, u cud imagine d whole tin, now his a chartered accountant, am reading marine engineering in skul... So committing suicide is at ur own risk cos it's not worth it, it doesn't mata if u stammer, look at wat u set to achieve in life cos you'll go a lonq way, Ma brothers are all married wit beautiful kids and re living large, wen ah mean large, I mean large, dey didn't commit suicide.. WE re all happy.. See fr u too ova com dis whole stammer of a tin.. Try to flee frm anger, i knw is hard buh u have too cos I did it nd it worked, People get on ma nerves everyday and I don't fight nor shout cos dey re nt worth it... If u knw ur angry nd u wanna spik, count ten seconds n spik, nd you'll see d difference or u can jus work away, simple...

How u can ova com stutter
1. Be confident
2. Always learn to use d words dat make u stammer always and get use too dem
3. Never rush to speak
4. Reduce anger
5. Kip d frends dat laff at u cos with dem you'll knw ur faults wen speaking
6. Laff at yourself wen dey laff at u
7. Always take time to relax on ur own nd practice ur faults

. Learn from dis words and see urself become a better person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:36am On Nov 03, 2015
jesussaves22:
Tell your friend to try this method though i will enquire more abt it. He should buy an ogene pour water inside it keep it for some days and start drinking the water every morning... In my villa i have a friend who stammers more than ur friend but today he talks like parrot without stopping unlike when we use him for carricature those days.
ogene? Is it a kind of fruit or what?
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Trustworthiness: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2015
Your friend knows his problem, but he has not decide to overcome the problem he is having. He knows that his stammering gets worse whenever he engage himself in heated argument, quarrelling and the rest of such things.

So, these are my advice for your friend.

1. He should always walk away from someone that want to quarrel with him or start and argument with him. I have been in the same shoe like your friend. Until someone told me, that the guys aim is to be laughing at me. So, anytime they want to start it again, I should walk away and far away from where they are. I did that for about three months. Realising that I am ignoring them, they stopped trying to start an argument with me again . by them I have learnt as well how to cam myself down while talking. So, let your friend learn to keep away from things that angered him.

2. In case your friend find himself where he was angered, he should get himself a glass of water and not any other drink but Just water. Find a place to sit down and sip the water gradually with discussing anything to anybody even if he is ask of what transpired. He should use his hand to tell whosoever that want to hear his own side of the story that he is going to do that later. That is, He should avoid trying to talk to anybody at that moment.

3. If he can't still control the anger, he should find a place to lie down and close his eyes without attempting to talk to anybody. If possible, and he find himself where he can lock the door and lie down in a room.

These are my advice. I hope he will be ready to abide by it and follow it religiously. It works for me.

If he stammers naturally, he also needs to learn to cam himself down and avoid being excited in trying to explain things to people. He should always construct what he intend to say in his mind first and gently speak out what he as constructed within his mind without been too anxious.

He should not attempt to commit suicide ooo. In my own religion, committing suicide will land you in hellfire. So, nothing worth committing suicide about.

I wish him the best. GOODLUCK
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by gflexy(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2015
I stutter yet I teach, ask me how, I'll say practice makes perfect. Don't be in a haste when talking, avoid heated arguments, don't talk when pressured, if possible count your words first then with time you'll gain mastery of your tongue. plz, suicide is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2015
safarigirl:
OP tell him to look up this guy 'Drew Lynch'

He started stammering in 2008 after a baseball hit his neck and affected his vocal chord. The guy is a comedian, he uses his disability to crack jokes. He was on America's Got Talent and came second.

There's a deaf guy on Project Runway and another on America's Next Top Model....

I also stammer slightly, that happens when I'm angry

There is ability in disability. Your friend needs to stop quarreling with people and find his ability.
thanks for ur advice
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2015
Mrluv:
smile there is cure for it bt traditional way, am a stammerer mysef someone recommed the person to me bt i have not done mine to know how true the so cure is cus i cant afford the moni she asked me to bring cus am jobless right now thought the woman told me it cant be clear completely bt there is goin to be a different
thanks for ur contribution..
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Horlufemi(m): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2015
He should walk about with a gun, and if he encounters heated arguments and his foes laughs at him, he should just shoot them. Shikena.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2015
Badgers14:

Op..this is not your friend.. That's you.. Let's be straightforward for once grin

Ok.. Now we got that outta the way... Go and watch the kings speech... The king was a stammerer but he overcame it..

Good luck.. grin
lol funny u.. Actually it's my friend. My childhood friend
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by safarigirl(f): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
thanks for ur advice
always welcome smiley
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by SkinnyDude(m): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2015
EggovinMma:

Your friend is a coward! Attempting suicide will only justify that. He must learn understand that actions speaks louder, ask my father and brothers. Na slap them use dey pass message across.
egovinNwa, how many slap you don chop
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2015
charlesucheh:
Research had it that; STAMMERERS are the most grumpy people on earth. My dear tell your friend that he needn't not to speak whenever his emotions are toiled with, Maturity reflects the level to which one controls his/her emotions. He'll be expressive and preeminent over his condition when he reacts less and observes more. Some people are born to talk, while others are to observe. FUNCTIONALISM.
nice one. Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 7:54am On Nov 03, 2015
You stuttered from what age to what age?, how old are you now? Sorry for the jamb questions
creepsyme:
Tell him to pls take it easy its not as bad as he takes it. I was a one time stammerer while growing up mine was really bad dat I had to throw my head bak and forth before I culd speak, every sentence I tried to make was always broken thereby making my speech uninteresting and discouraged my listeners, it came to a point no one wanted to listen to me anymore but I was not discouraged, my family stood by me and encouraged me greatly especially my eldest sister, I began to talk less and mingle less. However with prayers and anger managment I was able to overcome it, I discovered as I was growing older stammering reduced untill now I speak very fluently without anyone knowing I once had that as a social problem.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by lakesidepapa(m): 7:56am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
A friend of mine just met me shedding tears like a baby.
I thought he had lost his mum or one of his relatives but i was wrong.

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs? Lalasticlala

Kabiru, so u don carry saburi matter come nairaland? I don tell am make hin go commit suicide nah, he go knw the implication when he enter hell
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by DonBobes(m): 7:56am On Nov 03, 2015
mployer:

He should thank God he can talk and hear. There are plenty deaf and dumb people around, they are not killing themselves yet.

He should learn to talk slowly and avoid heated arguments.

very gud advice!
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 7:57am On Nov 03, 2015
jesussaves22:

What's ogene?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Evidence That COVID-19 Survivors Can’t Be Reinfected - WHO / Raymond Dokpesi Recovers From COVID-19 / I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.