Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,600 members, 7,885,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. (2066 Views)

"Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) / Major Mistake Made By Christians / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by Empiree: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
op, I thank you for your concern. I understand what you trying to make out of this.

See, muslims are not really bothered about it.

Islam does not want Muslims be lazy either.

Everyday is work day for Muslims

As a fella rightly quoted (Quran) up there, it's clear enough that Muslims can work on Jum'ah (friday).

The only break we must respect is within the hours of obligatory congregation salat(prayer) which lasts an hour or less.

This means Muslims can work before and after prayer on Friday

However, for convenience, many seem to take the day off.

Like myself, my job's descriptions require that I go from place to place.

I usually know my schedules ahead. Therefore, if my location on Friday is close to a mosque and the hours are convenient, I go to work and go to mosque afterward.

If my job location is far from mosque or my schedule go south i simply inform my boss i cant make it and he respects that.

That's the way i work for years.

Recent months however, I work long hours and consecutive days. So I simply informed my "scheduler" to take me off Fridays. That's more convenient for me.

What i do disagree with fellow NL comments above me is they have ulterior motives with their comments. They quickly linked this innocent thread with current world crisis. That, i think, is very silly.
Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by Tizzie: 6:42am On Nov 05, 2015
Empiree:
op, I thank you for your concern. I understand what what you trying to make out of this.

See, muslims are not really bothered about it.

Islam does not want Muslims be lazy either.

Everyday is work day for Muslims

As a fella rightly quoted (Quran) up there, it's clear enough that Muslims can work on Jum'ah (friday).

The only break we must respect is within the hours of obligatory congregation salat(prayer) which lasts an hour or less.

This means Muslims can work before and after prayer on Friday

However, for convenience, many seem to take the day off.

Like myself, my job's descriptions require that I go from place to place.

I usually know my schedules ahead. Therefore, if my location on Friday is close to a mosque and the hours is convenient, I go to work and go to mosque afterward.

If my job location is far from mosque or my schedule go south i simply inform my boss i cant make it and he respects that.

That's the way i work for years.

Recent months however, I work long hours and consecutive days. So I simply informed my "scheduler" to take me off Fridays. That's more convenient for me.

What i do disagree with fellow NL comments above me is they have ulterior motives with their comments. They quickly linked this innocent thread with current world crisis. That, i think, is very silly.

This is very helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by nnamdiosu(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
chocolateme:
Ok
haaaaaa. lol
Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by daroz(m): 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
Tizzie:

This is very helpful. Thanks
Are u sure u are not a Muslim?
Cos I don't see how the post is being useful to you as a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by Empiree: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
daroz:

Are u sure u are not a Muslim?
Cos I don't see how the post is being useful to you as a Christian.
hummm, you think everyone is like you?. Quran does speaks about people like op.

Quran identifies some christians who are compationate and are beloved to the believers (muslims). Please read sura Maidah (82) i:e chapter 5 verse 82.

Also read chapter 3:113, speaks of not all christians and Jews are alike. There are good and obedient ones who rehears praises of God day and night and are not arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by Tizzie: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Empiree:
hummm, you think everyone is like you?. Quran does speaks about people like op.

Quran identifies some christians who are compationate and are beloved to the believers (muslims). Please read sura Maidah (82) i:e chapter 5 verse 82.

Also read chapter 3:113, speaks of not all christians and Jews are alike. There are good and obedient ones who rehears praises of God day and night and are not arrogant.

Why respond to an ignoramus my dear
Re: Oppression Of Muslims By Christians. by Raphael81(m): 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
[img][/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The number of people leaving Christianity outnumbers the converts / A Flying Bird Falls And Turns To Human Being In Portharcourt (pics) / The Chronology Of The Other Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.