Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,670 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:09 PM

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church (15961 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Now this is your official proof that the statement is a forgery. Seriously?

Jolliano:

1. Universal Bishop as head of all bishops or universal Bishop as the only bishop in the World?
Because Pope Gregory condemned the latter and Pope Boniface obviously accepted the former.

Same title: Different meaning and Jurisdiction.

2. All your arguments come from a speech that people claimed was made by Bishop Strossmayer at Vatican I.
Suprisingly (to you,that is), he never made that speech. He was not against the dogma of infallibility but against the timing just like Cardinal Newman was.

[size=15]The problem with the speech is a forgery. Karl Keating, in his book Catholicism and Fundamentalism, points this out (on page 34), referencing the Catholic Encyclopedia.
You can see that article in the Encyclopedia here.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14316a.htm

Believe it or not, there is an entire book written about the man, by Ivo Sivric, which also confirms that the speech is a forgery, perpetrated by a man named Jose Agustin de Escudero.[/size]

So if you want to prove anything provide documents for your accusation and stop making reference to Bishop Strossmayer.

Show me a document by these popes.

3. Permissions are not DOGMAs. Study what s DOGMA is,bros.

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kamxin:

It doesn't end here!
Jehovah witness attack on the Catholic church have being ruthless and relentless.
I have enough AWAKE magazines from 1980's to this day. You spread your fallacies in the Catholic homes with a reckless abandon through the instrumentality of this greek gift, poisoning their minds and destabilizing their homes with this your 100 year old doctrines invented by a questionable character.

Instead of educating your members on your new innovation, you chose to attack the Catholic church who have no business with your innovation.

Today, chickens have come home to roost as the wind of change called internet have unravelled the the extent of darkness Christians before us have passed through.

It is obvious that in few years to come that that evill bulletin that have vilified the holy mother church with so much venom would reap all it have sown.

This is part of growing up, from Jehovah witness.

I ve not even attacked your church, you are talking. You guys are here attacking protestantism, no one spoke out against it, but now when I want to prove contradiction in ur church, the anger kept rising. Another catholic will still come up to voice his anger. But the contradictions are true. I dont think shouting will change it. That is history.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by PastorAIO: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
JMAN05:

I ve not even attacked your church, you are talking. You guys are here attacking protestantism, no one spoke out against it, but now when I want to prove contradiction in ur church, the anger kept rising. Another catholic will still come up to voice his anger. But the contradictions are true. I dont think shouting will change it. That is history.

http://redeeminggod.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/christian-persecution-570x387.jpg
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 12:48am On Dec 02, 2015
JMAN05:
Now this is your official proof that the statement is a forgery. Seriously?

LOL.

You're the one trying to show contradictions. You are the one who is to show us a proof of all your accusations.

So prove your accusations and allegations.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 1:31am On Dec 02, 2015
JMAN05:

Lol. Which anger is rising? You are bearing false witness now o. Na who dey vex?

Which contradictions are true? Because in 2000 years, no one has proved any contradiction and neither have you.

History shows that Jesus Christ founded the Catholic Church. If Jesus did not found the JW himself, why then was the JW even formed at all?

Matthew 16:17 - 19. Acts 1 and 2 tell us that there was indeed A Church and a nameless Church at that.

Now which Church on Earth is nameless? Only one.
The true Church which Christ sent to all Nations in order that the Church would be Universal. The only Church is identified as being Universal and that is the Catholic Church.

Jesus prayed for His Church to be one. Which Church is one in doctrines,practices,beliefs and even in the scriptures read daily all over the world? The Catholic (Katholos - Regarding the whole) Church.

Jesus gave his Apostles the Truth and told them to teach the world. He gave the Spirit to help them find the truth in all cases and situations that would arise. This Truth has been passed on from the Apostles (The First Bishops) down to our time. Jesus said he would be with the Church for all time. In other words, there would never be a time when the Church would not exist. So if Protestanism is the true Church, where was it between the time Jesus made all these promises and the 15th/16th century?

Can you trace your church back past Charles Taze Russell? No.

You were not even among the first set of Protestants and you are forming familiarity with them.

If protestanism is True and the true Church is meant to be one as Jesus prayed, why did the protestant reformers not agree with each other? Why is there more than one protestant church? Actually, why are there more than 1,000 protestant churches in Lagos alone? Why does almost every street in my area have at least 2 churches on them, each church claiming to possess the truth and yet they are all contradicting each other?

When Catholics from the Apostles up till now were being murdered for their faith and the bible, where were you people? Now everybody dey claim preacher and man of God. The bible tells us that there was always a physical passing of annointing, authority and Power. All Catholic priests and bishops can trace their annointing back through to the Apostles as records are kept of these. Let me ask, how many pastors can trace the annointing they received back to the 18th century, not to talk of the Apostles?

Even Paul that had a special encounter with Jesus went to The Apostles for them to lay their hands on him. And someone will wake up one day and start telling us that Jesus annointed him specially and privately. Haba! The lie no follow well na.

If you believe protestanism is true, why are you afraid of reading the Church Fathers and Early Christians? Study their writings and the Church History by Eusebius (not wikipedia) and tell me if they were protestants or JW. Or did the Apostles not teach them the Truth?

I do not mean to mock or abuse. Just want you to search for the True Light which is in Christ and his Mystical Body, the Church? John 1:4 - 5.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 2:37am On Dec 02, 2015
JMAN05:

When you say there are contradictions in the Catholic church, you did not attack it. With your watchTower and AWAKE you dd not.

Come up with proof, enough of destroying the gullible.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jolliano:

Lol. Which anger is rising? You are bearing false witness now o. Na who dey vex?

Which contradictions are true? Because in 2000 years, no one has proved any contradiction and neither have you.

History shows that Jesus Christ founded the Catholic Church. If Jesus did not found the JW himself, why then was the JW even formed at all?

Matthew 16:17 - 19. Acts 1 and 2 tell us that there was indeed A Church and a nameless Church at that.

Now which Church on Earth is nameless? Only one.
The true Church which Christ sent to all Nations in order that the Church would be Universal. The only Church is identified as being Universal and that is the Catholic Church.

Jesus prayed for His Church to be one. Which Church is one in doctrines,practices,beliefs and even in the scriptures read daily all over the world? The Catholic (Katholos - Regarding the whole) Church.

Jesus gave his Apostles the Truth and told them to teach the world. He gave the Spirit to help them find the truth in all cases and situations that would arise. This Truth has been passed on from the Apostles (The First Bishops) down to our time. Jesus said he would be with the Church for all time. In other words, there would never be a time when the Church would not exist. So if Protestanism is the true Church, where was it between the time Jesus made all these promises and the 15th/16th century?

Can you trace your church back past Charles Taze Russell? No.

You were not even among the first set of Protestants and you are forming familiarity with them.

If protestanism is True and the true Church is meant to be one as Jesus prayed, why did the protestant reformers not agree with each other? Why is there more than one protestant church? Actually, why are there more than 1,000 protestant churches in Lagos alone? Why does almost every street in my area have at least 2 churches on them, each church claiming to possess the truth and yet they are all contradicting each other?

When Catholics from the Apostles up till now were being murdered for their faith and the bible, where were you people? Now everybody dey claim preacher and man of God. The bible tells us that there was always a physical passing of annointing, authority and Power. All Catholic priests and bishops can trace their annointing back through to the Apostles as records are kept of these. Let me ask, how many pastors can trace the annointing they received back to the 18th century, not to talk of the Apostles?

Even Paul that had a special encounter with Jesus went to The Apostles for them to lay their hands on him. And someone will wake up one day and start telling us that Jesus annointed him specially and privately. Haba! The lie no follow well na.

If you believe protestanism is true, why are you afraid of reading the Church Fathers and Early Christians? Study their writings and the Church History by Eusebius (not wikipedia) and tell me if they were protestants or JW. Or did the Apostles not teach them the Truth?

I do not mean to mock or abuse. Just want you to search for the True Light which is in Christ and his Mystical Body, the Church? John 1:4 - 5.

chai boy, so you are consciously saying the above? hahahahahahahaha, just short short up. See this boy o, oh, u dont know the blood you people spilled and the many bibles your church burned? You don start o, you don start now.

Well, when you are 100% sure that I dont have a document for my statement, do what I say. Stop diverting, lest I remember your church barbarism.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kamxin:

When you say there are contradictions in the Catholic church, you did not attack it. With your watchTower and AWAKE you dd not.

Come up with proof, enough of destroying the gullible.

You can help your brother if you like. You guys should get into biz and stop this ur pride display. You want to know whether I have prove bah? respond to my post as usual and you have it. Why the azonto dance?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2015
JMAN05:

chai boy, so you are consciously saying the above? hahahahahahahaha, just short short up. See this boy o, oh, u dont know the blood you people spilled and the many bibles your church burned? You don start o, you don start now.

Well, when you are 100% sure that I dont have a document for my statement, do what I say. Stop diverting, lest I remember your church barbarism.

If you have a document, show it so everyone can see it. No document = No proof/Evidence = No Case just pure hatred.

You're the one trying to prove a case. You're the one to present your data but you don't post anything and expect a reply. If I reply to every stat ement made by people like you, we go dey reply almost every second of every day.

Present your proof of your argument and then we will see if na lie or not.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
I don't understand ur message, I tell you, The Catholics church represent everything the bible stand for.
You are incorrect!
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2015
Ubenedictus:

if the bible was so clear and straight forward why do we have over 30,000 protestant sects all teaching different doctrines?

It is only when u read with the understanding of man that you find the bible not straight forward but if u read with the interpretation of the holy spirit you will know the bible is the most simplest and understandable book to read. Because the holy spirit speak in one voice and interprets one thing.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2015
Kamxin:

Pictures are images, bible said no image.
It is obvious u ve never opened ur bible urself to read before. You only quote from what u hear or was told. What do u mean by no image?. The bible was talking about those that worship images of anything used to replace the almighty God in their heart.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2015
Kamxin:

Who gave the bible to protestants? CATHOLICS
Who gave it to mankind? CATHOLICS

This is only what you don't agree, so others are truth, God be with you.

So you people gave it to mankind yet you poeple decided to deviate from its words.

Una hell fire they separate. If u like u should keep encouraging urself to sin by believing there is no hell but purgatory. E go clear for una eye when time reach.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2015
Kamxin:

The Catholic church with the help of the holy spirit(John 16:13) produce infallible doctrines that have stood the test of 2000 years history of the church.

I smile in Latin. One funny thing about u people is that u know for a fact that most of ur doctrines and believes are wrong but yet you still defend it till u die.

Incase u don't knw, God won't judge base on the church u worship or its doctrine but by his words in the holy bible. Every one shall stand for him self be you a pope, bishop or member. So if you know u are been misled where you worship you had better lead urself the right part now that everyone of us still ve the time. Na my pastor preach am no be excuse on that day.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

I smile in Latin. One funny thing about u people is that u know for a fact that most of ur doctrines and believes are wrong but yet you still defend it till u die.
The above is only your deluded imagination. Don't force it on us.
preetyb:

Incase u don't knw, God won't judge base on the church u worship or its doctrine but by his words in the holy bible. Every one shall stand for him self be you a pope, bishop or member. So if you know u are been misled where you worship you had better lead urself the right part now that everyone of us still ve the time. Na my pastor preach am no be excuse on that day.

Where did God ever mention Holy Bible?

It was the Pope that gave us the Bible in the 4th century.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

So you people gave it to mankind yet you poeple decided to deviate from its words.

We don't deviate from its words. We desist from your ignorant understanding of its words.
preetyb:

Una hell fire they separate. If u like u should keep encouraging urself to sin by believing there is no hell but purgatory. E go clear for una eye when time reach.

Shows how ignorant you are. The Catholic Church teaches that there is hell. You'd not have known hell if we didn't teach you.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

It is obvious u ve never opened ur bible urself to read before. You only quote from what u hear or was told. What do u mean by no image?. The bible was talking about those that worship images of anything used to replace the almighty God in their heart.

Which verse said the bold?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

It is only when u read with the understanding of man that you find the bible not straight forward but if u read with the interpretation of the holy spirit you will know the bible is the most simplest and understandable book to read. Because the holy spirit speak in one voice and interprets one thing.

So your millions of protestant/pentecostal groups that contradict one another are reading with the understanding of man.

You're the only one with the Holy Spirit. Abi?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

So your millions of Protestants/pentecostal groups that contradict one another are reading with the understanding of man.

You're the only one with the Holy Spirit. Abi?

What I am saying is no church has a perfect doctrine bcus most times we read with our own interpretation nd not that of the holy spirit. Don't forget the Protestants were once members of the catholic church, so if they broke away it was bcus they saw a flaw in the catholic doctrine and went to found their own unfortunately they themselves have not been able to produce the perfect doctrine and that is the reason they keep splitting.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

Which verse said the bold?
Have u heard of any thing called search the scriptures? If yes do it and if no just try reading your bible
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

We don't deviate from its words. We desist from your ignorant understanding of its words.

Shows how ignorant you are. The Catholic Church teaches that there is hell. You'd not have known hell if we didn't teach you.

Your name is sorry.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2015
italo:
The above is only your deluded imagination. Don't force it on us.

Where did God ever mention Holy Bible?
It was the Pope that gave us the Bible in the 4th century.
Who gave the bible to the pope?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

Who gave the bible to the pope?

There was no Bible before the Catholic Church under the Pope made it in the 4th century.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

Your name is sorry.

There is no need to attack me for exposing your ignorance.

You thought Catholics don't believe there is hell.

We do.

That makes you ignorant.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

Have u heard of any thing called search the scriptures? If yes do it and if no just try reading your bible

Let's just say you can't show where the Bible said so. Not surprising.

You're just ranting out of ignorance.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

What I am saying is no church has a perfect doctrine bcus most times we read with our own interpretation nd not that of the holy spirit. Don't forget the Protestants were once members of the catholic church, so if they broke away it was bcus they saw a flaw in the catholic doctrine and went to found their own unfortunately they themselves have not been able to produce the perfect doctrine and that is the reason they keep splitting.

If your doctrine is not perfect and can contain errors, why are you trying to teach it to us?

How are you sure what you're teaching is not error?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

If your doctrine is not perfect and can contain errors, why are you trying to teach it to us?

How are you sure what you're teaching is not error?
What doctrine did I teach to u?. The only thing I knw is that the catholic church has many too obvious flaws in their doctrine.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
preetyb:

What doctrine did I teach to u?. The only thing I knw is that the catholic church has many too obvious flaws in their doctrine.

You're teaching me that many Catholic Doctrines are flawed.

Is that your teaching perfect of imperfect?

smiley
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
I have said this before. When you are doing proof reading (take one verse out of its context and use it as you like) to interpret the bible, you will end up contradicting both yourself and other people.

The Bible was not divided into Chapters and Verses. The individual books were written as books. They are meant to be read and studied as a whole and not in a scattered and seperated style.

Do a bible study.

If you have an issue with any Catholic doctrine, post it and let's show you how it comes from the bible. Have you tried to find out what the Early Christians taught concerning the doctrines we have and see if we invented them or if they were handed down to us from the Apostles and disciples.

Be open and consider the facts without bias or prejudice.

The Canon of the Bible was decided in 382AD at the Council of Rome. Actually, the Canon of the OT was already there and then The Catholic Church decided on which books are to be in the New testament or not and those 27 books had always been used in all The world until Martin Luther tried to remove James and Revelations.

When they say Luther saw a flaw in the Catholic Church, they do not mention what he did to the bible. Everyone just assumes the Catholic Church is wrong and so without caring for details, they start spewing what they know nothing about.

Do your research.

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

You're teaching me that many Catholic Doctrines are flawed.

Is that your teaching perfect of imperfect?

smiley
Yes because even a child that can read and understand the bible can point out those flaws to u in the catholic doctrine. Mind u this is not about me or where I worship but about what is written in the blble that all who have eyes can see, read and understand.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by preetyb(f): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=italo post=40643842]
Let's just say you can't show where the Bible said so. Not surprising.
You're just ranting out of ignorance.[/quote
Read Exodus 20 vs 4 and u will understand what I was talking about
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=preetyb post=40646902][/quote]
Ex 20:4 talks against worshiping images not making them. In Exodus 25:18-20, Moses is commanded to make images.

The problem some have is the idea of making an image of Jesus, Mary and other saints and events. They say that God did not directly command us to make those images but then Jesus did not command his disciples to write anything down but they wrote the Gospels. God did not command anyone to make the Bible in the Bible, but The Catholic Church did it and everyone accepts the bible.

So why accept the bible and reject the images? It is the same mentality and the Same people that gave them to us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? / Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.