Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,551 members, 7,944,649 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui (1986 Views)

Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari / Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:18am On Nov 04, 2015
In 1977, the Obasanjo administration set up the Justice Mamman Nasir Boundary Commission and, following its report, the boundaries of some  states were changed. Part of Western Ijaw went to Rivers State, part of Bendel went to Ondo; part of Rivers went to Cross Rivers and part of Imo went to Rivers.

Because of this, some oil wells changed hands. There was an oil well in Rivers very close to Imo and I was asked to demarcate where the oil well was actually located. After the exercise, it was found that the oil well was in Rivers.

Moreover, because parts of Bendel had gone to Ondo, there were five oil wells very close to the boundary. Initially, the Ondo people wanted the royalty to be shared 50-50 because they were very close to the boundary between both states.

In 1981, a Yoruba man, who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State. He wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this.

He went to Lagos, met with the Director of Survey and reported that a Bini man was behind the charting. Then my Director said no, he charted it. In 1984, Bamidele Otiko became the military governor of Ondo State and came to Lagos to meet my Director. At the meeting, my Director told Otiko  he was responsible for the charting.

When Chief Olu – Falae became the Secretary to the Federal Government, he directed me to write a letter that pending the resolution of the Ondo – Bendel boundary adjustment issue, they should be sharing the royalty 50 – 50. I declined to write the letter.

They then posted one Ondo man  to be the permanent secretary. He was reported to have said he was posted there to do their bidding and they would call him an outcast if he did not. After reading the file, he said I should do something, on the issue and I said, ‘No, you  are the permanent secretary, draft the letter and sign it.

He refused. The then Minister of Works, Alhaji Abubakar Umar, was a witness to all these. Later some people did  a letter purportedly written by me. When Mamman Kantagora became the Works Minister, he  told me that the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) had retired me.

That was in 1988. The following week, the  then Ondo governor  called a press conference and told the media  that I forged the  map of Ondo – Bendel States to remove oil wells from Ondo to Bendel. The newspapers  that published the story were  sued for libel and I made them to write apology letters.

Since I was retired, they have not carried out any survey on the Ondo – Bendel boundary issue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by itstpia8: 1:21am On Nov 04, 2015
make una dey find oil.

una go see am.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:25am On Nov 04, 2015
itstpia8:
make una dey find oil.
una go see am.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by kettykin: 1:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Niger deltans are the most pitiful people on earth

3 Likes

Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by kettykin: 1:30am On Nov 04, 2015

In 1981, a Yoruba man, who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State. He wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this.

The truth no matter how long and how much people try to keep it out of the way ,will always prevail

1 Like

Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by benuejosh: 1:33am On Nov 04, 2015
This one am seeing Yoruba and Imo "igbo" hope no fighting here.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 04, 2015
benuejosh:
This one am seeing Yoruba and Imo "igbo" hope no fighting here.

Choi. shocked shocked... they've always fooled the Niger Deltans from time immemorial. One day, soon and very soon everybody go answer their papa name for this country. Thank God the agitation no matter under what guise is full blown now. Whoever thinks this is 1960 is in for a big big shocker.

2 Likes

Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 04, 2015
Yorubas are thieves!

Even at that the oil in ondo only yielded 30,000 bpd.

2 Likes

Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 04, 2015
kettykin:

We are not the same people like the last generation.

Ask Tompolo
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2015
kettykin:

Keep watching bro. E go be like play for people eyes very soon. Even tompolo as e stand now dey learn work. Keep calm.

1 Like

Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2015
Lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove

2011 news
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Xpaz: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2015
PvtParts:

We are not the same people like the last generation.
Ask Tompolo
hahaha. and what ar you Niger deltans going to do?
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

2011 news

So?
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by JingoOAU(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2015
In conclusion....the oil Ondo state is claiming today actually belong to Bendel(Benin and Delta) states...

at OP, to make matter worse, Ondo state being the second richest state in South west after Lagos state considering federal allocation, is the most backward state in sub-sahara Africa(quote me anywhere)

Ondo state is so backward that it can not even boast of any manufacturing company, nor does it boast of any company that has up to 100 staff...in other words, the IGR of Ondo state in a year is less than wat is being collected in Ikeja LG in a month..that shows how ridiculous the state and it's governments has been over time

Be that as it may, allocation of natural resources is politics personified, so we should not isolate Ondo state as if the state stole the oil wells..we were living testimonies when GEJ ceded the Soku oil well that belong to Rivers to Akwa Ibom just because of politics

Ondo state has the largest deposit of Bitumen In Africa and second in the whole world...it suppose to boast of the best road network in Africa...
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2015
So you mean that they stole what belonged to other states undecided

PMB must probe this... Mimiko sef embarassed
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by AndroBlaze: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2015
Selective posting on Nairaland as usual.....

Please you people should also point out how in the FULL article this great son of ND claims that Bakassi was never part of Nigeria.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2015
Omoigui is talking nonsense! Ugbo, Mahin and the rest of Ilaje land were carved out of Bendel State? Utter rubbish!
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by Herald47: 11:35am On Nov 07, 2015
The problem is that the yorubas in ondo state won't allow the apoi ijaw,arogbo ijaw,ilajes e.t.c to enjoy the allocations from their oil.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2015
A lot had happened in this country. Every part of the divide is fighting solely for their selfish interest, rather than the collective interest.

After the civil war , with the Igbos in anguish, the yorubas felt like the king as far as southern Nigeria concern, while the fulanis felt like the king of Nigeria. Together, these two tribe did a lot of heinous adjustments to the detriment of other tribes.
Re: How Ondo Became An Oil Producing State - Omoigui by LaudateII: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
JingoOAU:
In conclusion....the oil Ondo state is claiming today actually belong to Bendel(Benin and Delta) states......

Go to the original link and read the entire story to the end. Some parts of Ondo State were actually carved out and given to old Bendel State. 5 oil wells ended up falling under the old Bendel State, that formerly belonged to Ondo State. So Ondo state actually suffered a loss. As for roads in that state, have you been there recently?

Their roads are still in better condition than most areas of the South-East, o o!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Work To Begin On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Next Week, Says Buhari / Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene / Photo:Niger Delta Avengers Coordinator Arrested By NN special forces!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.