Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,014 members, 7,912,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:15 PM

NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable (18482 Views)

NNPC Finally Increases Fuel Price Again / Buhari To Probe Ibe Kachikwu Over Oil Swap Deals / DSS Grills NNPC Director 11 Times Over Swap Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by hopeforcharles(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2015
modath:

Our refining capacity is not commensurate to our needs at this moment in time.

I believe we can only do between 15-20% as it stands now... I stand to be corrected though.
at least it works and can refine 20%, why not we seek ways to upgrade it, i believe that despite the fact that we can genarate our required needs for internal use we can strike a profitable deal since we own the raw materials.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by gbishman: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2015
Splendid, this are all the loopholes that has been milking the country dry. Middlemen are the major problem in the oil business
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by duwdu: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2015
Rawani:
The OPA deals were like honey and Diezani was the Queen Bee that directed their operation and swam in the goodies.

Can you imagine that in some cases our sweet crude containing many derivatives including Diesel, Jet A1, Petrol, Kerosene etc. was swapped for the same quantity of only Petrol?

PMB is thankfully walking the talk and restoring sanity to the oil sector; OPA scams are finally corruption.

+1. Very well said, @Rawani, and my own thoughts too, exactly; thanks.

P34c3
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2015
omenka:
The "body odour" has reached far away America. They smell it and they like it!

The most useless party in Africa and indeed the world, says Baba's utterances and strategy is "demarketing" Nigeria, meanwhile those to whom he's trying to sell his ideas think otherwise.

Only those with irreparably abused minds and perpetually sore losers would NEVER see the good intentions and deeds of this gentleman for our common good.

My faith in this man remains unwavering as he methodically performs the much needed surgical procedure on this patient that was rushed into the ER on May 29th.

Now Goats would be forced to eat grass which was what God in his infinite wisdom designed they to eat from creation. But somewhere along the line, the natural course of event was altered, the door to the barn was left wide open, and our Goats all became Ajebo Goats that fed exclusively on Yams and lost the appetite for grass, they grew so fat we started mistaking them for Buffalo.

I expect some initial resistance as they are forced out of the Barns into the fields to feed on their natural staple, but of course we know it would all be in futility- they only run the risk of starvation should they insist on Yams.

I expect the cries of secession to increase three folds with the implementation of this cost cutting policy.

The Goats behind these deals are the people sponsoring all that Biafra nonsense in the hope of distracting the government and ultimately crystalising chaos which would ensure they keep making abominable profits at the expense of the common man.

They see Baba as a threat to their control of the levers of our polity/economy and would do anything, regardless of its propriety, to ensure they perpetually lord it over us.

Toss a few change here and there they would, and the same people we saw yelling GEJ till thy Kingdom come from every rooftop and treetop they could have a foothold would be the ones shouting "Biafra", "death to the zoo"!!

May God continue to direct your hands Mr President. Slowly but surely, we are on the path towards a full recovery.

God bless Nigeria.
Badt guy! grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by godox2(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2015
erekoshe:

This is a step in the right direction.kudos Buhari.

But dude, please tell me you're working for APC. Ain't no way in the world someone will do the kind of job you do for them and barcanista for PDP, if you're not being paid or utterly jobless

He is working for NIGERIA, working for PDP or APC ended since MARCH 28th. Now let's Unite to SUPPORT or OPPOSE the govt where it perform or derail respectively.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by bejeria101(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2015
LastSurvivor:
Don't be deceived, he only wanna use his own clique..
No politician has the masses interest at heart..

On point boss! I just dey look small pikin comments,dis man went to india to tell them naija is broke,i tire o.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2015
zeestunner:
Pdp and olisa metuh will be like....this is also one of our ideas that we wanted to implement if we had won the election.apc stole it frm us. Lol
Oh so you did not hear what they said when MTN was sanctioned? They be like "GEJ is a serious gentleman that will not want to do anything that would make a thriving business like MTN go down. He will rather Nigerians suffer the consequences of corporate crimes than give sanctions that will discourage foreign investors''. And by the time they read that Bloomberg said that the sanctions are in bad blood, oohhhh, all hell was let lose and they be like "We told you so". Now when MTN agrees to pay the fine and they see services getting better for the majority of Nigerians, they be like: "It was PDP that first initiated the idea to sanction MTN for corporate crimes against Nigerians" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by erekoshe: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2015
godox2:

He is working for NIGERIA, working for PDP or APC ended since MARCH 28th. Now let's Unite to SUPPORT or OPPOSE the govt where it perform or derail respectively.

That nigga never oppose.. He's a very loyal supporter even if his knees get broken
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by NaijaFutbol: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2015
Rawani:
The OPA deals were like honey and Diezani was the Queen Bee that directed their operation and swam in the goodies.

Can you imagine that in some cases our sweet crude containing many derivatives including Diesel, Jet A1, Petrol, Kerosene etc. was swapped for the same quantity of only Petrol?

PMB is thankfully walking the talk and restoring sanity to the oil sector; OPA scams are finally corruption.

Same Quantity?
You need to really understand something before you make open ended statements. Not just to sound smart.

1 barrel of crude oil no matter how sweet when refined cannot yield up to 1 barrel of any of the products.
Infact, if you combine all refined products (solids, liquids and gases), you cannot get 1 barrel equivalent...there is something called losses. Not to include the energy spent on refining.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2015
erekoshe:

This is a step in the right direction.kudos Buhari.

But dude, please tell me you're working for APC. Ain't no way in the world someone will do the kind of job you do for them and barcanista for PDP, if you're not being paid or utterly jobless
He doesn't need to be paid or jobless to exhibit patriotism and to have enthusiasm for a better Nigeria. The driving force for him are the gains of a better country and better future for his oncoming generations which to him definitely outweighs the temporal gains of being paid millions for PR. Simple.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2015
texazzpete:

The same refineries you wrote about in your August 2nd 2015 post 'How Jonathan transformed the refineries'
Link here https://www.nairaland.com/2496853/how-jonathan-transformed-refineries-setting

Chai!!! Knockout punch. It simply confirms the wise saying: Watch your utterances and do not lie today, for as vomitus that you cannot regurgitate, those words will definitely find you out tommorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by erekoshe: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2015
ceaser:
He doesn't need to be paid or jobless to exhibit patriotism and to have enthusiasm for a better Nigeria. The driving force for him are the gains of a better country and better future for his oncoming generations which to him definitely outweighs the temporal gains of being paid millions for PR. Simple.

Patriotism?? Right? You have no idea what that word means. Criticize when needed, praise when due. Not praise even when there are errors, that's sycophancy.

Buhari is doing a good job but nobody is perfect, only niggas here praise people even for their own flaws.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Why are most APC psycophants unintelligent and sometimes irredeemable?

Buhari introduced this measure and the mechanism through which the deals are carried out in 1985 and you are here praising him for stopping his brainchild?

Na waa for una.
Even if he did which I am sure he did not, different times call for different measures. If it is not broken, do not fix or replace it. However it was seriously broken and decrepit under GEJ hence the need for a workable replacement.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ceaser: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2015
erekoshe:

Patriotism?? Right? You have no idea what that word means. Criticize when needed, praise when due. Not praise even when there are errors, that's sycophancy.

Buhari is doing a good job but nobody is perfect, only niggas here praise people even for their own flaws.
Oh, I get it now. There is a new definition for patriotism....Erekoshe's dictionary of new definitions 2015.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by zeestunner(m): 10:25am On Nov 04, 2015
ceaser:
Oh so you did not hear what they said when MTN was sanctioned? They be like "GEJ is a serious gentleman that will not want to do anything that would make a thriving business like MTN go down. He will rather Nigerians suffer the consequences of corporate crimes than give sanctions that will discourage foreign investors''. And by the time they read that Bloomberg said that the sanctions are in bad blood, oohhhh, all hell was let lose and they be like "We told you so". Now when MTN agrees to pay the fine and they see services getting better for the majority of Nigerians, they be like: "It was PDP that first initiated the idea to sanction MTN for corporate crimes against Nigerians" grin grin grin

Lolss I tire for them my broda
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by PointB: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2015
Good move.

Finally, something original (hopefully) and good from APC.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by deramarks(f): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2015
I wish I can just build billions of android nd make dem icons of nigeria deyakll work selflessly
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by Rawani: 10:32am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Buhari introduced this measure and the mechanism through which the deals are carried out in 1985 and you are here praising him for stopping his brainchild?

Na waa for una.
[/s]
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by erekoshe: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2015
ceaser:
Oh, I get it now. There is a new definition for patriotism....Erekoshe's dictionary of new definitions 2015.

I sincerely apologize for replying you, I felt you were worth analyzing realities with. You may need to emancipate yourself from mental delusions.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ArcIbrahim38(m): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2015
LastSurvivor:
Don't be deceived, he only wanna use his own clique..
No politician has the masses interest at heart..

For your information you are a pessimist
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by Jesusloveyou: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Na waa for una.
u are wrong, PMB said what he did that time was to supplement any shortfall from what our refinery produce, that is d same measures he is taking right now, not to swap what our refinery wil use, but a fraction of it. Just to compliment what our refinery wil produce

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by ArcIbrahim38(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2015
A welcome development indeed.......fire on Mr President
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by menxer: 11:37am On Nov 04, 2015
Let's wait for an analysis of the situation by TonyeBarcanista grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by Ahmedhussain3463: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
D government r gradully coming backto their senses nw|bt has nt fully achieve a wholesome sanery state bt any way is a gradual procedual nt evolutional as exspected|
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by dwesternmall: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by fineguy11(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which refinery is working?
THE ONE U CLAIMED IN SOME ARTICLE A WHILE AGO,THAT GEJ FIXED!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by arabianights: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
porka:
[size=13pt]Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

NNPC ends oil deals through 'middlemen'.

But the same NNPC will appoint 'consultants' (middlemen) to vet foreign refineries.

Very laughable.[/size]

Exactly my thought. I really want to see how they will conclude with out middle men . we have alot of buyers who are avoiding dealing with nnpc due to their stringent policies as well as under the carpet expectations.I believe we also have marketers and resellers ........... alot of sellers are in need of buyers, this is where middle men are needed ,mostly.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by dekins: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
I love this. Hope they effect it to the fullest rather than just saying for saying sake even as we look forward for a Nigeria Beyond Oil.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by modath(f): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
fineguy11:
THE ONE U CLAIMED IM SOME ARTICLE A WHILE AGO,THAT GEJ FIXED!

Why did you have to bring commonsense to this nah? smiley

Don't you know TonyeBarcanista 's modus operandi?

Oppose anything & everything. .. Level of ridiculousness matters not.

For PDP to return to power as he fervently dreams of, it mustn't be worse for Nigeria than it was under PDP.

No be so BC? grin

Still dey wonder why me & him dey support same club. smiley
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by M16: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Na waa for una.

LIAR you think by saying rubbish it will be changed to the truth. Buhari never introduced OPA during his time as head of state. Du you know what OPA. Offshore Processing Agreement.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by Candybob(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Good move...
But the goal should be to stop NNPC from doing any form of swap deal, as long as they are involved in trading they will find a way to cheat the system!
Their function should be limited to refining. Exporting our crude should not be allowed under any guise, only export of petroleum products.
Re: NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable by udman: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
lmm4real:
We want to see result, APC is that too much to ask for.
U dis wailer, u re shouting u want to c results. which result did we c wen ur man (GEJ) was in power 4 gud 6 yrs or let me say 4 gud 16yrs. just b quiet 7 respect urself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taraba Awaits Appeal Court Ruling On Governorship Election / Zamfara: Oshiomhole Has Destroyed APC- Tunji Abayomi / Lagos Assembly Threatens To Arrest Ambode, Four Ex-commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.