Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,190 members, 7,947,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. (11030 Views)

Fox News: Activists Accuse Nigerian Military Of Killing Hundreds Of Shiites / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by precap2(m): 11:59pm On May 18, 2009
arramyjay:

Actually abt racism Nigeria is the most racist country in the world.And the most annoying thing is that they call others racist.

What is he trying to say? If I read you correctly, you're refering to Nigerians as racist?
Can we read the "because" clause of this your claim.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by arramyjay: 4:23am On May 19, 2009
Good u knw.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 7:19am On May 19, 2009
I see some bleeding hearts here!!!. Go to Lebanon and see if you can ever get citizenship!! Are you guys nuts or what? Arabs don't give citizenship to anyone not Arabs and infact if you are Pakistani, you can't a persian passport. It kind of strenghten their patriotism (though negatively right now). I don't think Arabs should cry out racism in another man's country cause they are more racist. the passport issue is not racism, it's just a problem arising from lack of infrastructures. So they were counted during the census? How did they enter Nigeria? and documents to prove it? Just like every other nations if they are not documented, they are illegal. You bleeding hearts  and the Arab ass kisser should think of it properly abeg. I can't believe some dumb nuts actually believes it's racism as if Nigerians themselves no de sweat to get their passport. Go sit down for corner abeg!

Also I heard some crazy dude said the Lebanese were here in 1701. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! What were they doing? helping the slave merchants? LIAR GUY YOU BE LION (Champion in lying). Which kind propaganda you fools de spread? So they were here during slavery ehh? how many of them were shipped? LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2009
^^^^

no mind them, them talk like they know when they dnt

ahah what do u know about saudi arabia
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by precap2(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2009
arramyjay:

Good u knw.

Good u know what? I said you should prove to us that Nigerians are racist.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by fayahsoul: 4:14pm On May 19, 2009
Arab islamic imperialism was responsible for the transaharan slave trade that began around 7ad and still ongoing. The weakening and eventual collaspe of the late west african empires due to imposed islamic hegemony constrained the capacity to put up a strong resistance against the european trans-atlantic slave trade. Jews, mediterraneans(i.e lebanese), Arabs, islamized and arabized afurakans, all captured Afurakan indigenes for enslavement. huh?

Kemet/tamare/egypt was/is a black land in north Afuraka but the land is currently in usurpation by Arab imperialism(since 640AD), and they also claim that it's a middle-eastern country. huh?

During colonial dayz, who owned the wholesale and retailsale distribution newtwork from Afurakan enclaves to european enclaves? The asians(i.e lebanese from southwest asia). huh?

Overstand that history repeats itself when lessons are not learnt and used to make changes to the established order.  Prior to serving as the middle link in the trade of goods and services during colonial times, the asains(lebanese) were the middle link in the trade of humans which was the business in vogue back then. The slave trade was not a randomized transaction as some may believe. Specific groups were targeted by 'Jews, mediterraneans(i.e lebanese), Arabs, [b]islamized and arabized afurakans'[/b]who were inturn funded by the church. Don't you know that the church founded islam? huh?

The lebanese accusing the nigerian of racism is an old trick in the oppressors book called "blame the victim." huh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 5:41pm On May 19, 2009
fayahsoul:

Arab islamic imperialism was responsible for the transaharan slave trade that began around 7ad and still ongoing. The weakening and eventual collaspe of the late west african empires due to imposed islamic hegemony constrained the capacity to put up a strong resistance against the european trans-atlantic slave trade. Jews, mediterraneans(i.e lebanese), Arabs, islamized and arabized afurakans, all captured Afurakan indigenes for enslavement. huh?

Kemet/tamare/egypt was/is a black land in north Afuraka but the land is currently in usurpation by Arab imperialism(since 640AD), and they also claim that it's a middle-eastern country. huh?

During colonial dayz, who owned the wholesale and retailsale distribution newtwork from Afurakan enclaves to european enclaves? The asians(i.e lebanese from southwest asia). huh?

Overstand that history repeats itself when lessons are not learnt and used to make changes to the established order. Prior to serving as the middle link in the trade of goods and services during colonial times, the asains(lebanese) were the middle link in the trade of humans which was the business in vogue back then. The slave trade was not a randomized transaction as some may believe. Specific groups were targeted by 'Jews, mediterraneans(i.e lebanese), Arabs, [b]islamized and arabized afurakans'[/b]who were inturn funded by the church. Don't you know that the church founded islam? huh?

The lebanese accusing the nigerian of racism is an old trick in the oppressors book called "blame the victim." huh?

Dude can you guys not make contributions to political threads without spewing uneccassary and irelevant religious and racial sentiments. What has all this write up which i cant even make anysense out of got to do with Lebanese Nigerians with Nigerian passports, born in Nigeria ,fathers born in Nigeria and trying to renew their passports?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by fayahsoul: 5:58pm On May 19, 2009
Lagosboy:

Dude can you guys not make contributions to political threads without spewing uneccassary and irelevant religious and racial sentiments. What has all this write up which i cant even make anysense out of got to do with Lebanese Nigerians with Nigerian passports, born in Nigeria ,fathers born in Nigeria and trying to renew their passports?

It has to do with the principle of Afuraka for Afurakans. . .you jackass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 8:44am On May 20, 2009
fayahsoul:

It has to do with the principle of Afuraka for Afurakans. . .you jackass.

I dont trade words with people , but civility entails the ability to express and articulate your views without the emotional outburst of insulting people.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by hilli666(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2009
wow!!!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by palaze: 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
naija immigration are been unfair to yhe lebanese, plz nairalanders lets kick out racism out of naija these people are naija just like u and i .
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by davidif: 1:04am On Sep 04, 2009
You will be the first to whine when Nigerians are thrown out of the UK for not being "originals".

Don't mind them, they are all racists.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Onlytruth(m): 1:41am On Sep 04, 2009
Any form of discrimination is deplorable and should never be supported. It even becomes worse when the people concerned are already Nigerian citizens (whether born in Nigeria or naturalized). If all Nigerians are required to go to Abuja to renew their passport, then fair enough. But don't split Nigerians into "natural-borns" and "naturalized" in processing passports. It looks dubious and unfair! If those guys allege racism in this case, they may not be far off the mark. This is unfortunate and sad indeed, and should be condemned by all Nigerians!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2009
@@@@@@@

i think im lost

the thing is there are nigerians out there that think they know when its just too and damn obvious they just dnt know trash that are talkin about

isreal have their!! gbam

germany got their! gbam

UK have their!gbam

wales dnt give uk passport

scotland dnt either, niether do the give visa

if u want it, i think it can only comes from Passport office in London England

even now, they are talkin about puttin people on probation for years before u are fully qualifed for a British passport

[size=21pt]
so why should nigeria be diferent if those fake nigeria son of bastards cant go to abuja, they should go and shagg themsleves[/size]
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2009
I don dey miss ikeyman sha embarassed
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2009
the same suckers cant even critise their government without being killed in their country will have the gut to come to UK and ask for shaira law

i think nigeria have every right to be cautious

take a look at china and see how they kill our brother like meat pie. yet all yall fake ass nigeria with ur white wife look the other way

spit on the floor

fooollllllllllllllllollllllllllllls
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2009
f1gator
I don dey miss ikeyman sha

u keeping it warm or not?? u know what i mean

oh if u need help let me know tongue
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by FBS: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2009
abeg wake me up? What bagadocious bagga is going on here? shocked
I make it bold to say that Nigeria is the least (if at all) racist country in the world. Besides, We give passports freely.

Kai! some mofos are even bold even to post this?  shocked Oh dear!

arramyjay on May 18, 2009, 03:43 AM:
Actually abt racism Nigeria is the most racist country in the world.And the most annoying thing is that they call others racist.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by agabaI23(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
FBS:

abeg wake me up? What bagadocious bagga is going on here? shocked
I make it bold to say that Nigeria is the least (if at all) racist country in the world. Besides, We give passports freely.

Kai! some mofos are even bold even to post this? shocked Oh dear!

What is the difference between racism and tribalism?

They give passports freely because they are butt-lickers of anything not Nigerian esp if the alien has a fair skin and the butt-licking is worse when they are Europeans.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
^^^^more pounded yam nawoo grin grin grin

slowpoke tell us grin

abeg chill cheesy
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

f1gator
u keeping it warm or not?? u know what i mean

oh if u need help let me know tongue
Oh really. So you know a lil something about that.

And here I thought you were innocent

Go on with your bad sef.

Hehehe, nice to have you back sha. cheesy
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by becomrich15: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
in the new benin republic Lebanese would not have problem.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Bukittes(f): 9:45am On Feb 03, 2010
Na only for Kano this kain thing fit happen na! I blame them? The hausas already sold their economy as a whole to them.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by NikkiO: 12:00pm On May 27, 2010
Hi Everyone
When I read this I was just bowled over and roard with laughter for a good few minutes. I am the product of a Nigerian-European marriage and have European ancestry on my mother's side and Nigerian ancestry on my fathers. I was born in Europe and have lived in Europe all my life but have also visited Nigeria twice and have always had respect for my father's culture. I've travelled, lived and worked in many countries and have friends of various ethnic and national backgrounds - including Nigerians. I am against any form of discrimination and have seen some of the prejudice that Africans have to endure when they come to Europe. It is a little easier for people of mixed heritage - not because of their skin colour but because they are exposed to racism from a very early age in Europe and just grow a thicker-skin. Some of the Africans who come to Europe and experience negative encounters are shocked and it affects their self-esteem very badly - it is very hard for them sometimes and they feel alienated in European society. I've often wondered what the world would be like if there was no 'white dominance' and wondered would other races be as cruel and hateful if history had placed them in the advantageous political and economic position that Europe has enjoyed for centuries. The comments on this forum convince me that it would have been no different at all. If what some of you have written here would have been said in Europe, the UK or America all people of colour would have shouted 'RACISM'. To suggest that a person is not an 'original Nigerian' because of their ethnic origin and should obey the law or leave the country they have been born in and in which 3 or 4 generations of their ancestors were born in, is the most explicit form of racism there is! How can you not see that! This is exactly the spiel and propaganda spewed out by far-right parties in Europe such as the German Nazis and British BNP - that people whose ancestors are not ethnically 'pure' or 'indigenous' should have their rights as citizens removed and be deported out of the country! This is what happened to the Jews in Germany in WWII and this is the reason why expressing such racist views in public is frowned on in Western Europe. Please go to America or the UK and voice the same opinions - go out in public and say that Black people or people of African, Carribean or Asian ancestry in Europe are not 'original' inhabitants and should do what they're told or get out. At best you'll be arrested for inciting racial hatred, at worst you'll be lynched. Racism is Racism no matter who propagates it!
Finally there is an interesting comment about Nigerians being racist against each other in Nigeria, depending on their tribal and cultural origins. This is true and this is extremely evident in Europe. I have never seen any other nationality be so snobbish about each other, dislike each other so much or put each other down in front of Europeans. One Nigerian will sell another Nigerian for a bottle of beer - and observing this has made me very sad - because this is where Africa as a whole fails! You all hate each other and have no respect or love for each other whether that be Nigerians or Africans. It is something that has always made me feel really ashamed and sad to watch because it means that Africa will never progress until Africans learn to help each other out . This is where Europe has an advantage - because one European will always support another European on a foreign continent. It is what makes Europe politically strong because in spite of their differences, European countries understand that they must stand united to maintain their power. African countries, and even tribes within those countries hate each other and look to Europe, America or some other saviour to help. Sorry but that help 'aint gonna come' because we live in a selfish world and Europe has enough of its own problems to bother about anyone else. Western countries have been successful based on their own self-sufficiency and self-reliance and it is not in European culture to help anyone - each stands as an individual and helps himself. Start respecting the people who live within the boundries of your own country, whatever ethnic group they belong to. Start respecting yourselves as Africans because you are a laughing stock. Nigerians start respecting yourselves and your brothers whether they be Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Lebanese-Nigerian, from Venus or whatever else because if you don't no one else will. People outside of Africa see you all as one continent and most Europeans think of Africa as being one country! That is how people percieve you and if you disrespect each other, in the European and Western minds it means that none of you are worthy of respect. Stop the continuation of the 'Rule and Divide' mentality that was injected into your societies by the colonialists and was mean to destroy you from within. WAKE UP AFRICA BECAUSE YOU ARE A JOKE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! Your politicians are riddled with corruption, your women are the most deprived and ill-educated social group on the plant, your children frequently grow up in poverty with no prospects for the future - the generation that is supposed to be your future has no future. Stop concentrating on ridiculous issues, put your heads together, roll up your sleeves and start building a unified, wise and proud continent because no one will do it for you. You've had 100 years to recover from colonialism so there's no excuse. Even an idiot would know that if you keep doing the same thing again and again but it produces no results, it's time to start looking at things a differently. Africa is full of intelligent individuals - yet you hold onto a mentality that stops progress and fosters tribalism in all it's negativity to the point that you cannot develop and stride into the 21st century. What the hell is wrong with you!!!!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Travelista(f): 2:37pm On May 27, 2010
NikkiO:

Hi Everyone
When I read this I was just bowled over and roard with laughter for a good few minutes. I am the product of a Nigerian-European marriage and have European ancestry on my mother's side and Nigerian ancestry on my fathers. I was born in Europe and have lived in Europe all my life but have also visited Nigeria twice and have always had respect for my father's culture. I've travelled, lived and worked in many countries and have friends of various ethnic and national backgrounds - including Nigerians. I am against any form of discrimination and have seen some of the prejudice that Africans have to endure when they come to Europe. It is a little easier for people of mixed heritage - not because of their skin colour but because they are exposed to racism from a very early age in Europe and just grow a thicker-skin. Some of the Africans who come to Europe and experience negative encounters are shocked and it affects their self-esteem very badly - it is very hard for them sometimes and they feel alienated in European society. I've often wondered what the world would be like if there was no 'white dominance' and wondered would other races be as cruel and hateful if history had placed them in the advantageous political and economic position that Europe has enjoyed for centuries. The comments on this forum convince me that it would have been no different at all. If what some of you have written here would have been said in Europe, the UK or America all people of colour would have shouted 'RACISM'. To suggest that a person is not an 'original Nigerian' because of their ethnic origin and should obey the law or leave the country they have been born in and in which 3 or 4 generations of their ancestors were born in, is the most explicit form of racism there is! How can you not see that! This is exactly the spiel and propaganda spewed out by far-right parties in Europe such as the German Nazis and British BNP - that people whose ancestors are not ethnically 'pure' or 'indigenous' should have their rights as citizens removed and be deported out of the country! This is what happened to the Jews in Germany in WWII and this is the reason why expressing such racist views in public is frowned on in Western Europe. Please go to America or the UK and voice the same opinions - go out in public and say that Black people or people of African, Carribean or Asian ancestry in Europe are not 'original' inhabitants and should do what they're told or get out. At best you'll be arrested for inciting racial hatred, at worst you'll be lynched. Racism is Racism no matter who propagates it!
Finally there is an interesting comment about Nigerians being racist against each other in Nigeria, depending on their tribal and cultural origins. This is true and this is extremely evident in Europe. I have never seen any other nationality be so snobbish about each other, dislike each other so much or put each other down in front of Europeans. One Nigerian will sell another Nigerian for a bottle of beer - and observing this has made me very sad - because this is where Africa as a whole fails! You all hate each other and have no respect or love for each other whether that be Nigerians or Africans. It is something that has always made me feel really ashamed and sad to watch because it means that Africa will never progress until Africans learn to help each other out . This is where Europe has an advantage - because one European will always support another European on a foreign continent. It is what makes Europe politically strong because in spite of their differences, European countries understand that they must stand united to maintain their power. African countries, and even tribes within those countries hate each other and look to Europe, America or some other saviour to help. Sorry but that help 'aint gonna come' because we live in a selfish world and Europe has enough of its own problems to bother about anyone else. Western countries have been successful based on their own self-sufficiency and self-reliance and it is not in European culture to help anyone - each stands as an individual and helps himself. Start respecting the people who live within the boundries of your own country, whatever ethnic group they belong to. Start respecting yourselves as Africans because you are a laughing stock. Nigerians start respecting yourselves and your brothers whether they be Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Lebanese-Nigerian, from Venus or whatever else because if you don't no one else will. People outside of Africa see you all as one continent and most Europeans think of Africa as being one country! That is how people percieve you and if you disrespect each other, in the European and Western minds it means that none of you are worthy of respect. Stop the continuation of the 'Rule and Divide' mentality that was injected into your societies by the colonialists and was mean to destroy you from within. WAKE UP AFRICA BECAUSE YOU ARE A JOKE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! Your politicians are riddled with corruption, your women are the most deprived and ill-educated social group on the plant, your children frequently grow up in poverty with no prospects for the future - the generation that is supposed to be your future has no future. Stop concentrating on ridiculous issues, put your heads together, roll up your sleeves and start building a unified, wise and proud continent because no one will do it for you. You've had 100 years to recover from colonialism so there's no excuse. Even an idiot would know that if you keep doing the same thing again and again but it produces no results, it's time to start looking at things a differently. Africa is full of intelligent individuals - yet you hold onto a mentality that stops progress and fosters tribalism in all it's negativity to the point that you cannot develop and stride into the 21st century. What the hell is wrong with you!!!!

Hun, no offense but please shut up. You've admitted to visiting Nigeria only twice but somehow that's made you an expert on the country. Just shut up and continue to lie to yourself about how great Europe is and how backwards Africa is; last time I checked, Europe is just as (or even more so) racist than Africa, so save the bull and keep it moving. People of color are still being killed in the UK on a regular basis because they 'take away jobs', KKK members still burn crosses on the lawns of minorities in the US, Muslims women in France are being attacked from all angles because they choose to wear the hijab but you have time to focus on a country that you know little to nothing about; you're a mess all around and a Western stooge. You can't even add properly; when did colonialism end '100 years' ago? You're attacking Africa (because you're half European and a step above; don't even try to lie because you're transparent) but you don't have anything negative to say about Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, Australia and/or Asia and their xenophobic attitude towards outsiders. You're worse than a racist: you're a self-loathing one; good luck with that.

And, I'm not impressed with the European educational system if you could type all of this and not think to add even one indentation let alone paragraph.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by NikkiO: 5:13pm On May 27, 2010
Dear Travelista
Your response is exactly the kind of narrow-minded attitude I am talking about. You're obviously not well-educated if you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point and find fault with my arguments. May I remind you that this is a discussion forum, where all are invited to 'discuss' and exchange their views democratically - without telling each other to 'shut up'. If you want people to shut up then I suggest you switch off your PC and record your own voice to listen to - that way you'll only hear one opinion and won't have to worry in case anyone disagrees with you. You can be an expert unto thyself! Why join a discussion forum if you don't want to hear what people have to say?

Where did I say that there was no racism in Europe? I said there is and I see it every day how blacks and other races are treated. Where did I say that Europe was superior? I said it was in a more powerful political and economic situation than Africa - which is an unfair economic fact of this world. Are you going to deny that? Should I say that Africa is in the most prominent political, economic and educational situation in this world just to tickle your ears? The sad fact is that it is not and it has a lot of social, economic and political problems. Some of these problems stem from the fact that Africa is not able to move on and is steeped in prejudices and traditions that everyone else in the world has forgotten about or doesn't give a hoot about. Why are African girls not educated as girls in America or Europe? Why is one of your Nigerian ministers marrying a 13 year old girl? Are these issues not some of the problems that result from people holding on to traditions that do nothing to promote equality and progress?  You do not know my background and education in detail - I know what I am talking about and I don't have to explain how and why.

Did I ever say I was an expert on Nigeria? No - I said I had respect for the people and the culture, but I have seen a negative aspect of that culture too - I am not blind and will condemn injustice no matter who carries it out. I was judging how Nigerians treated each other in Europe - how I have seen Nigerians behave towards each other while they are over here, how Yoruba Nigerians and Hausa Nigerians have treated each other and my Igbo father, what my Igbo father thinks of other Nigerians and how he talks about them with his Nigerian friends. I do not know how Nigerians treat each other in Nigeria - perhaps you're implying that all ethnic groups in Nigeria live in love and harmony - is that what you're saying? Perhaps that's the way it is in Nigeria - but that's not the impression I get over where I am.

I merely judged the comments in this forum on their own merit - and like it or not some of them are racist and racist against the Lebanese - are you denying that fact? If the same were said about any other race in any other place it would constitute racism - so Nigerians can be racist too, as your comments show.

Travelista you are full of hate and you have some issues with yourself. You lack manners - my comments did not attack anyone personally - they were based on general observations. You're calling me a European stooge, on what basis?,  perhaps you hate the European side of me? Are you a black racist? I've heard that crap before from some people - and the sad fact is that when you're mixed race you get hit from both sides. Africans see you as a stooge because of your white heritage, and almost make you apologise for who you are and Europeans see you as  black full stop, so you get it from them too. Sweetheart - I've grown up with more racism than the average African because it's something I've had to face since I could walk and talk. The average African leads a fairly 'normal' life and does not know what anti-black prejudice is until he ventures out of his/her own country. When you were playing games in Nigeria with your Nigerian friends in your racially homogenious environment, I was being pointed out on the streets and my white mother was being spat on for marrying an African, as in my generation it was still a rarity. I bet you never saw anyone spit on your mother for marrying you father and for having a child of the colour that you are. I am glad of these experiences because they have taught me empathy and have made me who I am. It has made me a stronger person, I am not afraid to criticise and condemn and do not have feelings of false loyalty to any race - that would perhaps make me excuse injustices carried out in the name of my own race and praise be to God that that is not the case. I have learned to see how ugly prejudice can be - from both blacks and whites and will condemn it whoever is the perpetrator.  I am not self-loathing Travelista - I have never denied my background and am proud of my father and his culture. I've worn my hair naturally all my life - but I see Nigerian women straightening theirs, dying it blonde and bleaching their skin. I have seen African women in Europe feel 'superior' for marrying some lazy-arsed useless white man, and feel that they have climbed the social status ladder by doing so. I have seen African men date one white girlfriend after another, while they still have wives and children in Nigeria or in other African countries. That in my opinion is an example of self-loathing, denying who you are racially, being disloyal to your countrymen and to your families. I do not self-loathe by being honest and criticising prejudice when I see it and honestly stating that Africans hate other Africans more than European hate other Europeans. It is a sad fact.  These are issues that you Travelista have not experienced and can therefore not make any knowledgeable comments about, as your bitter, shallow remarks show. You do not live where I live and cannot see things from my perspective.

If I said to a white person that they were an African stooge because they supported Africa and could not criticise it - then it would be seen as racism. You have made a personal attack about my education, on what basis? I am well-educated and know the rules of writing - I wrote it all in one piece because of the limit to the number of characters that can be typed in this space, my dear hatefully-inclined linguistic expert.

Moreover we are now living in 2010 and colonialism ended between 1900-1960+ in some African countries - that's between 50-100 years, so as a generalisation I am right. Most Europeans don't even know what the word means - they forgotten about it. However some Africans still hold on to it and use it as an excuse for everything that goes wrong on their continent. My message was 'move on' and sort things out for yourselves by building your continent together because no one else cares about you. What is wrong with that? Is it untrue? Can you challenge that view? Is it better for Nigerians and other Africans to hold on to their tribal differences and expect support from other continents, rather than relying on each other? That is what you seem to be implying Travlista - because you seem to disagree with the message I relayed.

I am not an expert on Africa and one can never understand the realities of any continent or country until one has lived there - however as an upright individual one has the right to condemn racist attitudes, tribalism and any form of hatred whoever carries it out. If the same argument you put forward were applied to other continent then who are Africans or Asians to condemn the Americans for burning crosses and Europeans for targetting blacks if they have never lived here - I am sure both those continents would be able to excuse themselves with various logical or economic arguments for their behaviour. They are after all only protecting the rights of their 'indigenous' people. It is that kind of thinking that can excuse all kinds of evil. Would you say that the Germans in WWII should be excused for what they did - because Hitler had a point? He was only protecting his own people and those of us who did not live in Germany at that time should not judge because we are not 'experts' on Germany? That is basically your argument Travelista - "Shut up because you are commenting on a country you have only visited twice." Well I can tell you today - I have never even been to Israel but feel morally inclined to say that some of what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians is wrong. Should an Israeli now tell me to 'shut up' because I don't know what I'm talking about. Perhaps an American should also tell me to 'shut up' if I condemn the KKK - because to be honest I've never been in the USA - so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about - maybe I don't understand the reality that the prejudiced whites in the USA have to contend with? What about the killing and persecution of ethnic minorities in China - should I 'shut up' about that too - I've never been to China - so maybe the Chinese are right? What about the prejudice against the Romany people in the Czech Republic - I've never had the prospect living next door to a Rom - so maybe the Czech are right? I'm not an expert!

That kind of mentality 'shuts up' peoples' consciences and allows for all the evils that have taken place on this planet. You do not need to be an expert on any country to see evil and call it by name. you could be an illiterate simpleton living in a cave on Mount Everest - but God has given you a conscience and as a human being you are obliged to use it - regardless of your ignorance or lack of education or lack of opportunity to travel and see things first hand.

Yes I may not be an expert on Africa, Nigeria, the USA or any other continent or country - but I see myself as a human being and a citizen of the world with a God given conscience. You do not need to be an expert to have a conscience and see racism when it happens and  denying people equal rights on the basis of their ethnicity is exactly what racism is - especially if they were born in a country and their fathers were too!

You do not have to agree with me - but why the 'shut up'? Is that an example of cultured dialogue? Can you not hear what someone else has to say without being offensive? Why do you say I am a 'step above' because I am half-European? Have I said that? No but you have, so perhaps you have some issues with yourself and are full of prejudice or feel Europeans are better. Look at your comment and how it just wreaks with hatred, inferiority, defensiveness and bitterness. Why should I mention South America and other places, which is not the topic of this discussion forum? Was this forum about other places or was it about Nigeria? Moreover Australians don't hate Australians, Peruvians don't hate Peruvians etc. Tribalism does not exist on those continents on the same level as you have it in Africa. I have never had an Australian say bad things to me about another Australian because of his tribe - but I had nonesense like that said to me by one Nigerian about another.

I went to a Nigerian embassy party some years ago and went to speak to some people that were standing together. Another group of Nigerians came over to me and said 'Why are you talking to these market people, they are from so and so, and people from that place are really this and that." I was shocked. Please understand no one has a monopoly on stupidity, hatred and prejudice - that is one thing that people of all races and backgrounds are equally good at - as your comments show! I am not attacking Africa - if you can write and tell me that anything I have written is not true then I will accept it. I am attacking narrow-minded attitudes and racism - whatever form they come in!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by EzeUche(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2010
The Lebanese can kiss my backside. These people treat Africans like dogs. Why do we even allow them to make money off of our citizens? angry
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Travelista(f): 5:37pm On May 27, 2010
NikkiO, I'm not going to waste my time reading your dissertation; please, take it to your department head because I'm not interested. I didn't make one personal attack but the arrow obviously hit it's mark; I'm glad you added paragraphs. I'm not well educated? Says who? Someone that thinks colonialism ended 100 years ago and has to be told to make their argument presentable? Or is it the same person that doesn't understand the issue of tribal tensions and the pride that comes along with cultural identity? It just seems strange that out of your 2 posts here, they're both in this thread. Either you've been on the look out for a chance to tell Africans how backwards they are (I'm sure you miss the irony of your attack on Africans as you yourself are from the loins of one of its 'backwards' sons), making you nothing more than a rabblerouser or you're a member with a new handle which makes you a coward. At the end of the day, you haven't said anything about the evil perpetrated against others in Europe (to be fair, you may have said something further on in your novella but I stopped after the first few lines) and that seems strange. We all know about the evil that is Hitler (and the other European leaders that quietly agreed with him) but that was over 60 years ago; what about the stories of immigrants being killed in Ireland, the skin heads that piss on non-Aryans in Germany or the taunts that soccer players face from fans in Spain and Italy RIGHT NOW? Or is that acceptable because it's in Europe?

You're a fraud and I see through people like you. You only offer words of criticism but no ideas on points of action. Africa and Europe aren't the same and a sensible person knows that; the topic at hand is on Nigerians of Lebanese descent wanting special treatment. The procedure is clear: send your passport in to the appropriate office and get it taken care of. If they don't like it, they can either jump in a lake or go back to Lebanon, which they won't do if they're above 18 and below 30. It's not that difficult to understand that and stay on topic but you had to be extra and start running off at the mouth about how Africa is a laughing stock. You're what we call a 'tragic mulatto' in the South; I'd shake me head in sadness if you were an actual loss to the African diaspora but you're not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by NikkiO: 6:31pm On May 27, 2010
You're the one coming up with the racial epiteths Travlista - "Tragic Mulatto" - haven't heard that one before! Must put it on my list as it's quite original! Not even white people have called me that - they may have called me 'Nigger' but at least that has some truth in it as it merely implies one is black - which I do not disagree with. 'Tragic Mulatto' takes on a whole new meaning - very intersting - I shall have to ask Southern Nigerians what they mean by this!  wink

A racial slur from a black to a fellow black, simply on the basis that one has some white genes in them - how quaint - it makes you no better than whites who have called me 'Half-caste' or 'Misplaced Mulatto'! I have not once put such 'nicknames' in my post Travelista and have not attacked you with 'names' based on your racial origin -nor done that to any African in my life. Yet in your posts you have attacked my racial origins by referring to me as a 'mulatto' and teamed that with the word 'tragic' - constantly drawing attention to my race and heritage - which I have not done to you or done to Africans. Nowhere in my post can you find any derogatory labels of that nature. Would it be acceptable for me to come up with such 'names' for Nigerians or Africans based on their ethnicity and to team that up with a negative adjective?- no it would not. It would be racism - I prefer to be called black or of 'mixed heritage' - that is the polite term to use nowadays - if you do not know.

There you go again - you have no arguments to make based on the topics I have mentioned and are constantly picking on my heritage. Please keep your racism to yourself - keep to the topic of discussion and control the name-calling. I am talking about political and economic issues and prejudice. I am not calling anyone names. Yes I a talking about Tribal tensions and how nonesensical that is in the modern world. I have not said that Africans are backward - that has been typed by you. You keep referring to that so perhaps subconsciously you feel that about yourself. I actually believe that Africa has a moral advantage over Europe and the Western world and still has 'good values' and 'good tradtions' which it should use as a positive example of it's culture. My disappointment with Africa is that I expect more of it than I do of Europe - because Africans have been on the receiving end of prejudice for so long - they should understand it better and see how destructive it is. They have historical experience and should know better. it is these very same 'tribal tensions' that lead to the division and subsequent annihilation of Native- American tribes. They were too steeped in fighting one another to see what the white man was doing to them and their continent. You say I am a fraud - what do you mean ? Yet more personal comments and name-calling and nothing constructive! Please explain what you mean by 'fraud' because I don't understand what you're getting at and it makes no sense in the context of this discussion. You have also added another name 'rabble -rouser' and 'coward' - yet more personal names and attacks! In what context? Please clarify? Because I honestly do not see the connection!

You're just twisting everything I say out of context and have it fixed in your head that I think Africa is backward and that Europe is the best and is excused for everything it does, where the hell did you get that from? I openly condemn Europe and have vehemently said there is no excuse for it's behviour! My question is - Why are Africans behaving the same way as Europeans? - and worse doing it to people of African heritage, when they should know better - have experienced racism and prejudice - which the average European has not done and can thus be excused for having no empathy. Why is a continent that should be working together focussing on ethnic divisions to its own detriment? Do you justify what happened in Rwanda? Is that your excuse for 'tribal tensions'? - So it's OK because it's an African phenomenon. Why is a nationality that understands prejudice being prejudiced? That is what I cannot comprehend.

Your words are exactly the same as all the far-right people in Europe - If the immigrants don't like it they can all be shipped back to where they came from. You are quoting far-right slogans verbatim - and if you were white you would be a prime candidate for such parties. People with extremely strong racial prejudices in Europe speak exactly like you do. They use exactly the same words you do! I am amazed. If I didn't presume that you were a Nigerian based on the topic of this forum and had read your comments out of context, I would have been convinced they were written by some white racist with not just biased but extreme views. Congratulate yourself my friend - you are a full blown racist and in your mouth you hold the same words as Hitler, Nick Griffiths of the BNP and the Grand Dragon of the KKK. You have more in common which such people than I do. Are you sure you're black - because I'm astounded a black person could speak in such terms.

At least the comment from one of the other posters makes some sense - he proposes and argument that the Lebanese treat the blacks like dogs! Ok - I'm willing to listen to that because it explains some of the reason for the prejudice. There is some logic in that angry and emotive statement. i will argue that even if they do it does not excuse prejudice and saying that a 4th generation immigrant does not have the rights to full citizenship - which I may remind you is the main topic of this argument. The point of the discussion is that they were considered to be citizens for the purposes of a census - however they were then asked to register in a different city because of their ethnic origin. If all blacks in the UK and other European countries were asked to register for passports in a different city, not on the basis of the country of their birth but solely on the basis of their ethnicity, then YES - it is racism. My argument is that it is racism if this was the only factor for the decision. The same act is racist if carried out towards any other ethnic group in any other country. It is not just blacks that can be victims of racism as the discussion goes. It seems 'Tragic Mulattos' can be tagetted too - as your comments show.
Yours truly,
The fraudulent, rabble-rousing, cowardly and tragic Mulatto  cheesy
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by MistadeRegal(m): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2013
Though I have not finished reading but I'll reply here. Why would NIS want to when your fellows are busy misusing the love and trust we have in them in linking us with Hezbollah? Is Boko Haram stuff not enough cross to bear?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nyumba(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
I was surprised by the divisions between Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo I discovered reading this forum. I'm Rwandan living in Itay and I met different Africans, Nigerians too (here are mainly Igbos). Congolese have a mutli-cultural country, but they seem to be more unite than Nigerians (at least here in Italy). I think it's due to the language they use to speak between them, Lingala. It's African instead to be a colonial legacy.

If these people have a Nigerian passport, and they have double citizenship, they are allowed to renew it in every city they are.

I have only the Rwandan passport and to renew it I have to contact the Rwandan consulate in Rome. If I had both the Rwandan and Italian citizenship I would be able to renew it in any city of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads / Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal / Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.