Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,295 members, 7,881,092 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:12 PM

Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal (1144 Views)

Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Offer After Training Her In Uni / Nigerian Guy Shares N*ked Photos Of His Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Pr / See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Emmysteve(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
POLICE in Imo State have begun investigating
the death of Onyinyechi Okegbulam from Egbu
in Owerri North Local Government Area who
was killed by her boyfriend for refusing his
marriage proposal.
In a gruesome murder, the 22-year-old
Onyinyechi was, until her untimely death, a
final year student of Federal Polytechnic,
Nekede in Owerri West Local Government Area
of the state. She was apparently shot in the
head at close range by her supposed boyfriend
in the village after she rejected his offer of
marriage.
Eyewitnesses said that the deceased was lured
out of her family home by the boyfriend at
night after she rejected him and was then
shot. Another source claimed that soon after
shooting the girl, the young man tried to
smuggle Onyinyechi’s lifeless body into his
car but scampered for safety when a woman
raised alarm, which attracted several people to
the scene.
It is believed that the ditched boyfriend was
responsible for the entire educational
expenses of the girl and it was this that
infuriated him. Police are now said to be
looking for the boyfriend, although it has not
yet been confirmed if an arrest has been
made.
One local resident said: “We heard that the
boy picked the bills for the girl’s education
but that the girl later abandoned the boy and
opted to marry another man. We have even
heard that the marriage has been fixed before
the boyfriend struck.”
A spokesman from the Imo State Police
Command said they are investigating the
matter and the late girl’s parents are
cooperating with them. If the boyfriend is
caught, it is almost certain that he will be
charged with murder.

www.nigerianwatch.com/news/8118-owerri-man-shoots-girlfriend-for-rejecting-his-marriage-proposal-after-he-pays-her-school-fees
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by INTROVERT(f): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
k
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
As much as I don't want to say this, and although the man made the wrong decision in killing her, I think the lady deserved what she got.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Emmysteve(m): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
In this 21st century some people still pay their girlfriends school fees... Smh.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by demarc001: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan!
This one is strong!
Ladies playing smart since beginning planet earth
Men treating their Bleep up for ever
Sad story anyway!
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by DuchessLily(f): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
Heyy!!! Na by force?? Marry me or u die!
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by ElDaIllest(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
Who should be blamed??
1.the guy who mumuly pays a girls school fees nowadays hoping that the girl will marry him or
2.the girl who wan do chop and clean mouth and caught a bullet for it ....FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Wow. The lady was also a schemer though.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by donefesco(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
WOW,dat means i beta go get a gun b4 i propose to Chioma....
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
DuchessLily:
Heyy!!! Na by force?? Marry me or u die!

It's not just as straight forward as that. I am totally not in support of the guy's action and I am of the opinion that's it's not right to take another person's life no matter the reason, but try to understand this whole scenario.

From the story it's obvious that they were both in a relationship, and we were made to understand that the supposed boyfriend sponsored her through school and spent his money to see that she finished school. If she knew she wasn't going to marry him, why did she stay in the relationship and why did she continue collecting the guys money?

Ofcourse it's not by force to marry someone, but something tells me that the girl must have given him the impression that she was going to get married to him, hence his willingness to keep on spending on her, only for her to tell him that she was going to marry someone else.

Do you know how aggravating something like this can be for a guy?
Well, the boyfriend allowed his anger get the best of him.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by DuchessLily(f): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Decker:

It's not just as straight forward as that. I am totally not in support of the guy's action and I am of the opinion that's it's not right to take another person's life no matter the reason, but try to understand this whole scenario.

From the story it's obvious that they were both in a relationship, and we were made to understand that the supposed boyfriend sponsored her through school and spent his money to see that she finished school. If she knew she wasn't going to marry him, why did she stay in the relationship and why did she continue collecting the guys money?

Ofcourse it's not by force to marry someone, but something tells me that the girl must have given him the impression that she was going to get married to him, hence his willingness to keep on spending on her, only for her to tell him that she was going to marry someone else.

Do you know how aggravating something like this can be for a guy?
Well, the boyfriend allowed his anger get the best of him.

Yeah!! I understand but its Still not enough for him to kill her

What abt those girls who have foolishly given 5yrs and above of their lives plus plenty abortions to guys who at the end didn't marry them??

I hope u will also understand their anger too if they do anything to the guys
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by danduchi(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Y must it be indicated that an Owerri man did that... What's wrong with this headline 'Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal'
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Florblu(f): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
So love is now do or die affair?
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

Yeah!! I understand but its Still not enough for him to kill her

What abt those girls who have foolishly given 5yrs and above of their lives plus plenty abortions to guys who at the end didn't marry them??

I hope u will also understand their anger too if they do anything to the guys

Yea, we have also heard stories of ladies pouring acids on their men, cutting off their boyfriend's dicks...etc, all in a feat of anger, just because they broke their hearts.
We have also heard of men in similar cases as this, who just move on and found someone else to settle down it.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the "character" of the individual. How he/she reacts to such situations and how he/she is able to comport himself, especially when angry and emotionally devastated.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by DuchessLily(f): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
Decker:
As much as I don't want to say this, and although the man made the wrong decision in killing her, I think the lady deserved what she got.

As much as I don't support the girl collecting money , chopping and wanting to clean mouth... I hope if its a case of a girl wasting yrs of her life with say many abortions and the guy ended up not marrying her after promising to.. And she kills him, hope u would say he deserves it too
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

As much as I don't support the girl collecting money , chopping and wanting to clean mouth... I hope if its a case of a girl wasting yrs of her life with say many abortions and the guy ended up not marrying her after promising to.. And she kills him, hope u would say he deserves it too

Everyone deserves repercussion for all their wrong doings.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by DuchessLily(f): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Decker:

Every deserves repercussion for all their wrong doings.

OK... Better
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by Richardonald(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
Tribalism is killing this country,must u add owerri..but the guy na idiot u sponsoring a girl in this century..u sponsors her level go change
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by faith551(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Funny how some guys are still in the dark ages, this ppl no loyal again ooo.
Re: Owerri Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal by ClassCaptain(m): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Proposal don turn your " Your yes or your life !!!

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When A Girl Demands For A No Sex Relationship / Mr c0rk Is The Most Funny And Popular Guy In Romaneland / !my Crush!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.