Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,329 members, 7,971,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:44 AM

Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 (781 Views)

Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 / Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by Purej: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
There are strong indications that the Naira might further weakens against the US dollar in the coming days. This is attributed to shortage in supply of dollar at the parallel market due to cbn fx restriction.

my question is this:
(1.) Is the cbn governor doing trial and error with the economy
(2.) How long will this fx restriction on domiciliary last
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by kizzbluez(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by wachakuta(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Anh anh bros lie smal small nah.. it's still 225

Confirmed by a reliable aboki
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by Fpersiee(m): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
So Should I be celebrating the 225?
wachakuta:

Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by wachakuta(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Fpersiee:
So Should I be celebrating the 225?

Nah buh don't lie about it either
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by 4Play(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Purej:
There are strong indications that the Naira might further weakens against the US dollar in the coming days. This is attributed to shortage in supply of dollar at the parallel market due to cbn fx restriction.

my question is this:
(1.) Is the cbn governor doing trial and error with the economy
(2.) How long will this fx restriction on domiciliary last

I think the CBN governor reflects a tendency in policy making circles in Nigeria to resort to state intervention with the price setting function of the market. Also, the CBN is doing the president's bidding in so far as the president has come out against Naira devaluation.

Expect these restrictions to stay put for years as the government obstinately refuses to come to grips with reality.
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by Purej: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
wachakuta:

pls confirm, as at yesterday, it was 225 but as at this afternoon, its 229
Re: Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
It does not make any sense for me to send Dollar to Nigeria at N198 and buy things online at N135. So I keep my Dollar until Buhari is ready to govern Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Shall Be Great Again. / Time For Ex-danfo Driver, Ekitigate Star And Lunatic Ayo Fayose To Face Trial / Lady Brutally Stabbed With Knife & Screwdriver By Robbers In Abuja (Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.