Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:16 PM

Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud (6037 Views)

N2.6bn Fraud: ‘fashion Designer Got N546m From NIMASA / Alleged N13.6bn Fraud: Dasuki, Others Plead Not Guilty To Fresh Charges / Akon With Osibanjo, Obasanjo, Elumelu And Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by PeeDaVinci: 7:16pm On May 12, 2009
i am not taking sides in this argument coz i know Obj is not clean, but from the way elumelu was talking last year, i knew he wanted to gain cheap popularity using Obj, i never  knew he was up to something more than the cheap popularity.

@chidichris
i will like to know where you stand in this matter, are you Obj is behind the innocent elumelu's ordeal (by ordering farida to arrest elumelu (which will indeed be interesting)) or what? and do you still maintain that all that elumelu said abt Obj in the power probe is right?

@all
please,miniise the use of personal abusive languages e.g. r u insane, u r mad, u r sick, stupid . this is an intelligient forum and let us act as if we are -lol
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by sartorius(m): 11:37pm On May 12, 2009
the annoying stuff was the rhetoric he dished out and how gullible nigerians were in believing him, as i remember"there is nothing on ground" was his favourite line confusing Mr president who is a very easy person to confuse, he might not be guilty but what vexes me is that the cost of those project is now triple the inital cost, talkless of the cost to the economy,its a real shame that at 2009 i receive only 1 hr daily nepa supply. anytime i hear vision **** i switch off my tv
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by hbrednic: 12:41am On May 13, 2009
sartorius:

the annoying stuff was the rhetoric he dished out and how gullible nigerians were in believing him, as i remember"there is nothing on ground" was his favourite line[b] confusing Mr president who is a very easy person to confuse[/b], he might not be guilty but what vexes me is that the cost of those project is now triple the inital cost, talkless of the cost to the economy,its a real shame that at 2009 i receive only 1 hr daily nepa supply. anytime i hear vision **** i switch off my tv

grin grin grin
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Harbb: 8:53am On May 13, 2009
When I hear of these arrests, the question that readily comes to my mind is: Of all the people that have been arrested and charged with corruption-related cases, Orji Uzor Kalu, Igbinedion, Boni Haruna, etc, how many of them have been convicted and jailed? Its not in arresting and prosecuting but in convicting and jailing.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2009
From the National Assembly-PROBE
From the EFCC-INVESTIGATION/CHARGE TO COURTH
Result to the masses - NOTHING.

GOING FORWARD OR BACKWARDS?

GOD HELP USAMEN.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by georgecso(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2009
[size=18pt]I never knew that guys was a black thief in an angelic clothing[/size]
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by bsanya(f): 9:35am On May 13, 2009
@ Georgecso

True talk my brother!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by afix(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2009
well may God guide us through and effcc should ensure no dulling this time around.majority of our leaders are corrupt
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by MCMLXXVI(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2009
This is actually good news grin

I was beginning to experience withdrawal symptoms from Nollywood movies when Naija presents me with another live drama, man i cannot wait to witness the suspense, the intrigues, the plots/anti-plots and schemes and the unexpected arrival of a mystery player in the mix, my word i love Nigerian politics. it is just the stuff of award-winning movies. grin
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by speak2me: 5:46pm On May 13, 2009
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by speak2me: 5:50pm On May 13, 2009
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by cooldud62: 10:43pm On May 13, 2009
@kunleoshob,
Obj vindicated? spare me please!

@Elumelu, You are not good at stealing, even an amateur thief wont go your way undecided
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by seunspice(m): 8:30am On May 14, 2009
This news would be a relief to several Nigerians, myself inclusive. Last year when the Power probe started i was an employee of one of the firms involved, several facts were distorted by the novice called Elumelu and the basic truth was hidden, My MD was rubbished when it was time for him to make his presentation. Elumelu and his panel alleged that a 29 Million Dollars contract was awarded to my Office and 86% of contract sum paid, whereas there was basically just an LC of 3 million dollars signed which was to be used to obtain a loan to fund the project. At the end, the company had gone ahead to secure a loan from a consortium of banks to execute the project.
The community that was to host the project refused the site and the project site was moved severally, all these were brought to Elumelu's attention, instead of facilitating a quick resolution of the issue, he went ahead to ask all the companies involved to proceed to bribe the committee, levying each company 50 million Naira each, those who paid were not ridiculed at the charade called the power probe presided over by the corrupt Elumelu. The aftermath of the power probe was cost reduction and cut by my former employers which led to a loss of job for about 157 members of staff, the company is still trying to find its feet as we speak, over three thousand electricity transformers, Several hundreds of thousands lenght of cables, Conductors, Poles et al lie desolate at the site of the last project off oghara in delta state, which the personal assistant to Mr Elumelu claimed does not exist.
I seriously hope that this new development unveils the beast that Elumelu and his cohorts are and opens the can of worms that the probe panels sat on.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by seunspice(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2009
This news would be a relief to several Nigerians, myself inclusive. Last year when the Power probe started i was an employee of one of the firms involved, several facts were distorted by the novice called Elumelu and the basic truth was hidden, My MD was rubbished when it was time for him to make his presentation. Elumelu and his panel alleged that a 29 Million Dollars contract was awarded to my Office and 86% of contract sum paid, whereas there was basically just an LC of 3 million dollars signed which was to be used to obtain a loan to fund the project. At the end, the company had gone ahead to secure a loan from a consortium of banks to execute the project.
The community that was to host the project refused the site and the project site was moved severally, all these were brought to Elumelu's attention, instead of facilitating a quick resolution of the issue, he went ahead to ask all the companies involved to proceed to bribe the committee, levying each company 50 million Naira each, those who paid were not ridiculed at the charade called the power probe presided over by the corrupt Elumelu. The aftermath of the power probe was cost reduction and cut by my former employers which led to a loss of job for about 157 members of staff, the company is still trying to find its feet as we speak, over three thousand electricity transformers, Several hundreds of thousands lenght of cables, Conductors, Poles et al lie desolate at the site of the last project off oghara in delta state, which the personal assistant to Mr Elumelu claimed does not exist.
I seriously hope that this new development unveils the beast that Elumelu and his cohorts are and opens the can of worms that the probe panels sat on.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by bolseas(f): 10:12am On May 14, 2009
Seunspice

i second wht u ve written. i happen to be at the Consultancy angle of the NIPP. Nigerians failed to understand that Elumelu and co only told them wht dey want to hear.

Befor the power Probe, precisely on 26 Nov 2008, my MD and a few selected MDs (Consultants and Contarctors) from other companies covering the Distribution , Transmission, Generation projects of the NIPP including my good self all went to meet with Elumelu at the Power and Steel hearing room in National Assembly, after xplaining to him dat he shuld use his good offcies to help solve d problems dat Contractors and Consultants are facing concerning lack of funds (in May 2007, Yar Adua stopped funding the NIPP) and the militants/hoodlums disturbacnces at the diff projects sites, land compensation(right now NIPP is in court over land issues bcs the Client-Fed, State, Local Govts failed to pay compensation) etc,

he (elumelu) called for another meeting inviting the Excos of NDPHC/NIPP, which we held on the 3rd Dec, 2008. he promised, even set up a subcommittee to luk into dese issues and come up with recommendations.

we did wht we were asked to do and made the submissions to him and he promising to do his best. the next thing is for us to see in the dailies sometime in feb asking stakeholders in the power sector to submit Memoranda. well, we did dat too hopin dat the problems will be addressed. all for us to hear at the probe/public hearing stuff like u collected dis much and nothing has happened. mixing facts together. confusing himself, his fellow members and nigerians (at a point whn one of his colleague made a statement supporting a contractor, he asked him to SHUT UP, well i dont knw if our Dear AIT covered that)

despite the docs at his dipossal, he still went ahead talking nonsense. i think i should tell u abt the Transmission Substation being constructed in Ganmo in Kwara State (my mum's home town). dis project was awarded to Matelec, a Libyan Coy. whn the FG failed to release funds for this project, the kwara state govt took it upon itself to complete it after getting facts from the Consultants and NDPHC hoping dat d fed govt will refund, right now kwara state has abt 100mw of electricity supply.

perhaps, if other governors completed these projects in their deifferent states, the power situation in nigeria would ve improved.

ELUMELU WAS ONLY OUT TO GAIN (CHEAP) POPULARITY AND HE WAS PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by bolseas(f): 10:15am On May 14, 2009
Seunspice

i second wht u ve written. i happen to be at the Consultancy angle of the NIPP. Nigerians failed to understand that Elumelu and co only told them wht dey want to hear.

Befor the power Probe, precisely on 26 Nov 2008, my MD and a few selected MDs (Consultants and Contarctors) from other companies covering the Distribution , Transmission, Generation  projects of the NIPP including my good self all went to meet with Elumelu at the Power and Steel hearing room in National Assembly, after xplaining to him dat he shuld use his good offcies to help solve d problems dat Contractors and Consultants are facing concerning lack of funds (in May 2007, Yar Adua stopped funding the NIPP) and the militants/hoodlums disturbacnces at the diff projects sites, land compensation(right now NIPP is in court over land issues bcs the Client-Fed, State, Local Govts failed to pay compensation) etc,

he (elumelu) called for another meeting inviting the Excos of NDPHC/NIPP, which we held on the 3rd Dec, 2008. he promised, even set up a subcommittee to luk into dese issues and come up with recommendations.

we did wht we were asked to do and made the submissions to him and he promising to do his best. the next thing is for us to see in the dailies sometime in feb asking stakeholders in the power sector to submit Memoranda. well, we did dat too hopin dat the problems will be addressed. all for us to hear at the probe/public hearing stuff like u collected dis much and nothing has happened. mixing facts together. confusing himself, his fellow members and nigerians (at a point whn one of his colleague made a statement supporting a contractor, he asked him to SHUT UP, well i dont knw if our Dear AIT covered that)

despite the docs at his dipossal, he still went ahead talking nonsense. i think i should tell u abt the Transmission Substation being constructed in Ganmo in Kwara State (my mum's home town). dis project was awarded to Matelec, a Libyan Coy. whn the FG failed to release funds for this project, the kwara state govt took it upon itself to complete it after getting facts from the Consultants and NDPHC hoping dat d fed govt will refund, right now kwara state has abt 100mw of electricity supply.

perhaps, if other governors completed these projects in their deifferent states, the power situation in nigeria would ve improved.

ELUMELU WAS ONLY OUT TO GAIN (CHEAP) POPULARITY AND HE WAS PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by georgecso(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2009

Yea Kwara State is enjoying good power supply now compared to other states. You r correct my dear.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by seunspice(m): 10:38am On May 14, 2009
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by seunspice(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2009
@ Bolseas,
I never knew that several guys were witness to the show of shame behind the cameras and on TV, it was a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
I wonder where this leads us to.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by KunleOshob(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2009
@seunspice & bolseas

Thanx for your insightful contributions. And once again i want to restate to all the doubters and the haters that as far as the power probe is concerned OBJ as been vindicated. tongue
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by bolseas(f): 12:49pm On May 14, 2009
if i may ask, is it proper or does it make sense to probe ongoing projects?

the NIPP Projects were supposed to be completed by March 2009. if yar adua was a wise man, he should have continue funding the projects. the person who actually brought darkness or made darkness last longer is (i am sorry to say) is our dear president Umaru Musa Yar adua. may be if he had realised dat his so called advisers were only out for their own pockets, he wouldnt have listned to them. he has made up his mind to continue d projects after 2 years of unreasonable delay and also using the Obasanjo arrangements. so what are we saying?

@ seunspice

a lot of things went on in front and behind d cameras. on Nov 21, 2008 we met with former SA to president on Power Reforms (Makoju) at PHCN HQ. at the meeting, when my MD was showing hime the distribution map of NIPP (43 lots), one hausa man said that he cant see Zamfara on the map. my MD had to xplain that it is d distribution projects map of the 43 lots and not the 36 states of naija. (i am nt inciting anybody, bt u can see d reason why d northerners did nt give dere supports to the project bcs of the generation stations situated at the ND part of d country)

Nov 30 2008, we met with the Honourary Special Adviser now the Minister for Petroleum Resources Dr. Rilwanu Lukman at his house, (i got home very late dat day)

we also had a presentation with the Senate COmmitte on Power, well he said dat since we have met with the House Committee on Power dat his committee will work together with their counterparts in the house.

these meetings were held b4 d probe.

you see, there are a lots of things going on underground; politics, fighting for wht to gain frm these projects, etc at a point i felt discouraged that the govt is nt willing to give us power.

let me also ask, why didnt Yar adua declare Emergency in the Power Sector as he promised?

@kunleoshob

Obasanjo implemented emergency without declaring it by funding the project from the Excess Crude acct. he was avoiding all these 1st reading, 2nd reading wahala. it was late into his tenure b4 he realised that the only solution to solving the power problems was to build fresh, new power stations, Transmission, distribution stations etc. and by the time he left he was only able to relesae 25% to the contractors which will be deducted from future payments.

i am nt saying dat obasanjo is vindicated bt frm what i knw about d power sector, d man tried his best bt it was too late.

back to elumelu,

after d power probe, he went to d project sites with his 22 members.puting the cart b4 the horse). imagine going to a project site at 8:00pm in d night with flashlights. wetin u wan go see? or spending 10mins on sites which u claimed dat the contractor collected several millions, billions, trillions on. only to spend 10mins. hw will he be able to appreciate the extent of work done on those sites? also telling the cameramen where to show and where nt to show. eg. at Papalanto (in Osun state nt too sure), the phase 1 has being completed, the phase 2 was transferred to NIPP. when Elumelu and co got to d site, elumelu was asking the camera men nt to show d phase 1 dat dey shoulld focus their cameras on phase 2 which is still at the Engineering Stage.

this is to show dat Elumelu has already drawn his conclusion "people chop money"

another question, why is Elumelu's Power Committee divided over the Power Probe Report?
why is the House of Representatives divided over the Power Probe Report?

well pple said Ghana must go don change hands. maybe if u re following the sites that the VP, Minister of Power and some important people have being visiting, u guys will understand why d house is divided.

i talk too much ba, i beg no blame me.
if allowed more to come
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by brownbonno(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2009
@bolseas

I beg spill the beans,fowl yansh don already open.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by nelly4(f): 1:02pm On May 14, 2009
well i am not surprised we need a change in this country soon,

http://www.nigeriaonmymind.com/ext/default.asp
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Edoji: 3:01pm On May 14, 2009
A sham, a mirage!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by NaijaEcash(m): 3:34pm On May 14, 2009
I'm tired of all the noise that EFCC has been making. We want RESULT period!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by NaijaEcash(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2009
I'm tired of all the noise that EFCC has been making. We want RESULT period!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by vigasimple(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2009
President Yar A'Nothing does not have a mirror in his House or ASO ROCK nor does his wife provide him with one.

Firstly politics or no politics, in the last 49 years or more eve before our Independence, few of the people who lead us have any VISION of their own with conviction.

I have listern, read and hera so any view about whom to blame with Nigerian problem. I Think it is our leader especially anyone who made it to become President.

No one, i dare say can be perfect in this world, but if you articulate a vision for the benefits and betterment of your country and people, over time it will be clear what and how you are thinking about the ordinary people.

Yar A'dull has only been talking script given to him by his handlers since his 'sppointment and selection' by the PDP.  The  election even he himself knows that it is a sham, That i s why he quickly set up Electoral reform committee to douse tension immediatly after the 2007 election.

YAR A'FAILURE like most people before him VISIONLESS 2020 OR NOT HAS NO VISION  for even a primary school children to see, if he does, he does not know what to do or how to go about it.

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR HIS EMERGENCY ON POWER 2 YEARS INTO A 4 YEAR TERM  

PRESIDNET YAR A'LIAR,    SERVANT NO LEADERSHIP.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by vigasimple(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2009
President Yar A'Nothing does not have a mirror in his House or ASO ROCK nor does his wife provide him with one.

Firstly, politics or no politics, in the last 49 years or more even before our Independence, few of the people who have lead us had any VISION of their own with conviction.

I have listern, read and hear so many views about whom to blame with Nigerian problem. I Think it is our leader ultimtately especially anyone who made it to become a President.

No one, i dare say, can be perfect in this world, but if you articulate a vision for the benefits and betterment of your country and people, over time it will be clear what and how you are thinking about the ordinary people.

Yar A'dull has only been talking script given to him by his handlers since his 'appointment and selection' by the PDP.  The  election, even Mr President himself knows that it is a sham, That is why he quickly set up Electoral reform committee to douse tension immediatly after the 2007 election.

YAR A'FAILURE, like most President before him is VISIONLESS. SO VISIONLESS 2020 is a continuation of that. Primary school children can even see. If he does have a vision, he does not know what to do or how to go about it.

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR HIS EMERGENCY ON POWER 2 YEARS INTO A
4 YEAR TERM  

PRESIDNET YAR A'LIAR,    SERVANT NO LEADERSHIP.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by YoungBrain: 4:21pm On May 14, 2009
All this noise will "die down" the usual Nigerian way
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by ibedun: 9:37pm On May 14, 2009
E no finish, e no finish, e no finish, ojoro - Fela Anikulapo Kuti

Yeye Nigerian people, cowards, wretched Muguns. Keep suffering and just maybe your Jesus Christ will come and safe you someday. Useless sufferheads. Since 1970s we (100+ millions of people) constinuously raped, pillaged and humiliated by oppressors who hardly number more than 3000 at any one time. No wonder 85% of the Nigerian income is enjoyed and controlled by less than 3,000 people and the remaining 15% left for the hunger striken millions to fight over.

I beg lets hear word jare. Last time I visited Bar Beach I saw hoodlums charging gullible and stupid Nigerians dollars, sterlings and lots of Naira to visit what is so clearly a designated public place. I objected and was left alone.

I am sick and tired of blaming the oppressors, Now lets put the searchlight on our mugun and docile people.

This very issue will die down in a few weeks time and the masses will continue with their wretched existence.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2009
This fight against corruption should stop

it is of no use anymore

we can only fight corruption when we have credible systems

Media Houses we can trust, an EFCC that Stands for the truth, A justice system that can not be bought.

What we have is a situation where the corrupt has been able to muddy the water, the more you look the less you see. As soon as you open your mouth to question corruption, corruption convicts you of being currupt, destroys you in the media, uses the EFCC to arrest you, gets their allied judges to convict you. And annoyingly Nigerians will accept it without being able to decipher the truth from lies.

I don't know the details of this probe, but my instincts tells me Godwin Elumelu might have gotten himself in trouble for even attempting to probe some big fishes in our political system.

Right now their is no need for the Fight against corruption untill we are able to build a system that can verify the truth. Let us concentrate on job creation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast / Kogi State 2011 Gubernatorial Election Audu Vs Wada / Nigeria Is 39th Largest Economy - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.