Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,789 members, 7,921,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:06 PM

Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday (556 Views)

Kaduna, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia Among 20 Worst Cities Worldwide For Air Pollution / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday by sirgunners(m): 1:12am On Nov 05, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, yesterday, said there was an urgent need to clean up areas polluted by oil exploration and pipeline vandalism in the Niger Delta to prevent diseases that might be induced by environmental pollution.

Speaking during a courtesy visit to him by the Special Adviser to the President and Coordinator, Presidential Amnesty Programme, Brigdier-General Paul Boroh (retd), the governor said oil companies did not pollute their environment in developed countries and wondered why “these same companies will come to Nigeria and compromise our waterways, destroy our lands and compromise the environment, creating a challenge. My fear is that the damage we are doing to the environment today, by the time oil dries up, there will be no resources to reclaim the environment. I am sure if nothing is done in the next couple of years, we will begin to see strange diseases including all kind of cancers and environmentally-induced diseases that will shorten the average life span of the people that live in the affected areas.”

The governor said people should be discouraged from vandalizing oil pipelines, maintaining that “everything must be done to educate and to enlighten our people to recognise that vandalizing pipelines, resorting to illegal refineries in the crude way they are doing, the damage they are doing will impoverish our people for a long time and by that time, there would be no oil money to regenerate the land. We must encourage our young ones not to resort to violence or to vandalizing our pipelines because that would compound the poverty with huge health implications for our people.”

Earlier, Brigadier General Boroh said: “I am particularly pleased to be here. I decided to start my working tour to the Niger Delta in Edo State to bear witness to your joint strength in transforming the ancient city of Benin while retaining its unique pre-historic assets and cultural heritage. I am here to see you as a major stakeholder and political leader in the Niger Delta and I am also here to apprise you with the development of the amnesty programme.”
Re: Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday by kikies(m): 1:31am On Nov 05, 2015
ok
Re: Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday by Andyg: 3:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Osho baba is talking
Re: Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday by M4gunners: 3:53am On Nov 05, 2015
99% Lala gave him the idea, because he has been there for long without thinking of this. Good one when are they starting it?
Re: Pollution: There’s Urgent Need To Clean Up N-delta —oshiomhole Thursday by rassan: 5:56am On Nov 05, 2015
Osho Baba sir please come and clean up roads in Esan land, Akoko edo roads, Sabongida,Afuze,Otuo,Jagbe, imukono, Okpela,Uzeba,Benin GRA roads etc. Before u start speaking for Niger Delta clean up. Osho Baba sir u no dey try for edo state. U be social media/television Governor

(1) (Reply)

$31m Fraud: Edo PDP Defends Igbinedion / Register To Be Paid N5k By December - Apc / How Do You Think The New Taraba State Governor's husband Will Be Addressed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.