Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,112 members, 7,880,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card (7670 Views)

EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani / Seriake Dickson Campaigns With MTN Recharge Card (Photo) / Lagosians Beat Kai Officials After They Nabbed & Beat Up A Recharge Card Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by dialfa: 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
darlingnuel:
Proverbially, spending your savings just enjoy life momentarily instead of spending it on improving on your abilities to get a better opportunity

A better opportunity to do what?

1 Like

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by dialfa: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
kross01:
@ the picture, i believe we are looking at a very good resource manager / planner. The weather is too cold for him to venture out and he has no clothings on, best thing he did; climb into a hole. As he was there he used the Limited resource he had (ladder) to put up fire and keep warm. Notice that he was careful enough to leave studs on the left side of the ladder while knocking them off, which was what aided him in getting to the present height whilst knocking off the ladder and keeping warm. At the end he will achieve two things ; keep warm and alive till storm is over and once it is over, step on the studs on the left remainder of the ladder and get out

Thanks

I don't think that's a hole. I think it is a wall. Look at the top, you'll see the wall line.

2 Likes

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by realborn(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
The picture in my opinion can be applied to the following:

1. A poor Country (the uncladness of the character infers this) that spends and depletes all its resources on recurrent expenditure instead of capital expenditure (characterized by burning of the wooden treads for short term heat, instead of climbing over the wall and making efforts to turn the world on the other side for his purpose. Moreso, if he had climbed out, it is possible for him to use the entire ladder for fire while he develops the new world. He is obviously content with the present but temporal comfort zone with no means of escape. Sad sad). Someday there will be no more resources left. The Country would be left to starve to death.

2. A worker that obtains loans to buy liabilities and repays with his savings which should have been his exit plan from such paid employment - Luxury Cars, goods, clothes, etc. He would enjoy the temporal benefits but will suffer in the long run.

3. A choice between Education and Immediate Comfort - Most of us are very comfortable with getting all we need to make us comfortable at the moment. We will rather deploy our resources for enjoyment now than improve on our cerebral capacity. We are dumbly content with our present employment, status, position and will rather continue to live life as it is than take an appropriate measure to step up the ladder through education. Good education is the only key process to guarantee to a reasonable extent (60% and above) an apposite future.

4. In two words - "Unsustainable Measures"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
The winner would be the poster with highest number of LIKES
close at 20:00 (8 PM)

The boy has probably claimed d ladder n discovered that he was 1,000 feet above the ground...Getting off will bring about his death.

He's now trying to survive by keeping warm by making a fire with sticks from the ladder as he waits n hopes for help. grin

I get am. grin

1 Like

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
realborn:
The picture in my opinion can be applied to the following:

1. A poor Country (the uncladness of the character infers this) that spends and depletes all its resources on recurrent expenditure instead of capital expenditure (characterized by burning of the wooden treads for short term heat, instead of climbing over the wall and making efforts to turn the world on the other side for his purpose. Moreso, if he had climbed out, it is possible for him to use the entire ladder for fire while he develops the new world. He is obviously content with the present but temporal comfort zone with no means of escape. Sad sad). Someday there will be no more resources left. The Country would be left to starve to death.

2. A worker that obtains loans to buy liabilities and repays with his savings which should have been his exit plan from such paid employment - Luxury Cars, goods, clothes, etc. He would enjoy the temporal benefits but will suffer in the long run.

3. A choice between Education and Immediate Comfort - Most of us are very comfortable with getting all we need to make us comfortable at the moment. We will rather deploy our resources for enjoyment now than improve on our cerebral capacity. We are dumbly content with our present employment, status, position and will rather continue to live life as it is than take an appropriate measure to step up the ladder through education. Good education is the only key process to guarantee to a reasonable extent (60% and above) an apposite future.

4. In two words - "Unsustainable Measures"
You sound like a teacher lol
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:

The boy has probably claimed d ladder n discovered that he was 1,000 feet above the ground...Getting off will bring about his death.

He's now trying to survive by keeping warm by making a fire with sticks from the ladder as he waits n hopes for help. grin

I get am. grin
You no get am,nothing justify what the boy in the picture is doing

1 Like

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
You no get am,nothing justify what the boy in the picture is doing

Did u get me?

He has claimed d ladder already and there is no way out.
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:

Did u get me?

He has claimed d ladder already and there is no way out.
How did you know there is no way out
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by adeememman(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
I can bet his name is Akpos. Click like if you agree with me or comment with your name.

Meaning: Enjoying today at the expense of tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
How did you know there is no way out

Except d boy has mental problem.

If he's normal, He would have climbed out.

1 Like

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by johnydon22(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:

Misusing his opportunity that has chances of a better rewards for a foolish momentarily comfort..
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bmatty123: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
From dat pix..Dere's still way out..cos he broke part of the stick...He can manage dat small stick wey point out to his way up
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by NOBODYY: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Never burn Your opportunities for Temporary comfort
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Penny Wise, Pound Foolish. Is that Akpos?

Here's the real explanation @OP

The picture is one of the satirical paintings of Paul Kuczynski (Paweł Kuczyński). Born in Szczecin, Poland on August 12, 1976 (age 39), Paweł Kuczyński is a Polish born political art satirist who is anti-war. He draws and paints. He attended the University of Fine Arts in Poznań. He is known as a Graphic designer, Painter and Drawer. He belongs to the 'Political Art' Movement. He has also won several awards.

For those who don't know what a satirical art is. Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government or society itself, into improvement. Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

Satire is nowadays found in many artistic forms of expression, including literature, plays, commentary, television shows, and media such as lyrics.

Simply put, a satirical drawing, piece of writing, or comedy show is one in which humour is used to criticize something.

Here are some of his satirical paintings.....

Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
he sacrificed short term pleasure for long term benefits?
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by TheLaughter: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
Do not burn you opportunites for temporary comfort...
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by chernest2002: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
That is our president destroying Nigeria future just to make him self comfortable.
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
It simply means..we can create our own prison by the choice we make
Don't make a bad choice in life,do not be satistfied with your present position
Always aim higher
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:
Thats a picture depicting "lack of foresight to make use of opportunity when available"... he is comfortable in bondage rather than seeing the way outta the bondage.!
I have sent you a PM,send me your email or phone number to recieve your recharge card
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by donTbone(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
I have sent you a PM,send me your email or phone number to recieve your recharge card

Ama sent it tonyt or tomorrow morning then. Thanks
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

Ama sent it tonyt or tomorrow morning then. Thanks
Alright!
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Alright!
what about mine? I'm waiting for it
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Oyind17:

what about mine? I'm waiting for it
You got it wrong sweetheart.You will probably win next one
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
You got it wrong sweetheart.You will probably win next one
send my second place gift or......
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
Oyind17:

send my second place gift or......
Sweetie! i'll send you #200 naira tommorow morning
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Sweetie! i'll send you #200 naira tommorow morning
l
OK, will be waiting sugar
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by gaby(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
To go lagos no hard na to come back be wahala angry grin grin
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Lordtrillion(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by realborn(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
bettercreature:
You sound like a teacher lol
smiley
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by bettercreature(m): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2015
Oyind17:
l
OK, will be waiting sugar
Oyin sweetie PM me your phone number my other phone is dead, i'll send you 400# for second price
Re: Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2015
bettercreature:
Oyin sweetie PM me your phone number my other phone is dead, i'll send you 400# for second price
OK honey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Panel Awards ₦13.5m Compensation To Three Victims Of Police Brutality / Ibadan City Center Vs Aba City Center / Military Begin Rehabilitation, Reintegration Of Fresh 559 Ex-Boko Haram Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.