Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,094 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari (1634 Views)

Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants / APC Members Undermining My Administration-Abubakar / Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said the success of his administration should be measured through the number of Nigerians that were moved out of poverty, adding that his government’s economic focus would ensure inclusive growth.

Buhari made this known while giving his opening remarks at the presidential retreat organised by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for ministers-designate.

The retreat held inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja with the theme, “Delivering Change: From precepts to practice.”

Buhari stated that the minister-designates should count themselves privileged to have been chosen among millions of their compatriots to be the instruments that will deliver the change promised by the ruling party.

The president observed that the expectation of Nigerians was high and as such the work of restoration and renewal was urgent, adding that the determination of government officials to succeed and change the fortunes of the country must be equal to the challenge.

According to Buhari, the minister-designates should see the retreat as their first official contact with the machinery of government, of which, they will soon be part of, adding that they should fully acquaint themselves with the direction and priorities of the government so that all officials can move together as a team.

Buhari said, “My election as President of this country was hinged on my promise to tackle corruption, insecurity and revive the economy.

“We have already taken deliberate measures to plug leakages of government revenue and resources. You all know the steps we have taken to tackle Boko Haram. We have degraded them and in desperation, they are resorting to attacks on soft targets, killing innocent people.

“Diversification of the economy away from oil will be a major focus of this government. We will intervene in mining and agriculture and upgrade the country’s physical and social infrastructure, which will broaden our revenue base and significantly improve the level of employment, especially among the youth.

“Our economic focus will be policies that will ensure inclusive growth and we will count our achievements based on the number of Nigerians we move out of poverty.

“The objective of this retreat is clearly reflected in the choice of topics which you will be dealing with during the sessions. The need for observing the rule of law is being emphasised to ensure that impunity is removed from government conduct.

“You are coming on board the ship of governance at an interesting time. So much has been said about the state of our economy. It is expected that we make the running of government at all levels as lean as possible, avoid waste and conserve resources. As Ministers, you must be the vehicle that will administer the change.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/05/judge-my-administration-by-the-number-of-people-that-move-out-of-poverty-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Donbabajay12(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
Exactly!! Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by INTROVERT(f): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
okay
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Carry on baba...
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mr Buhari, you should have first given us a statistic to measure against. Not all of us are Sai Buhari chanters, some of us actually rely on facts and data.

Anyway, I think a better way to judge your administration will be by the number of people that vote you out.

The statistics will be less complicated that way.

6 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by naijaking1: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
---or by the number that move into poverty?

7 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
We don d hear this things since........ Action speaks louder than all these noise we are hearing from the presidency

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
naijaking1:
---or by the number that move into poverty?

Awon haters!

2 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by chymystique(f): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Haha.. its now I know Bubu is a Clown! The northern region will be the main criteria for judgement.. Watching how and when they will move to prosperity with Baba Go Slow as the navigator... He should stop talking and show us Action

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Trut(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cow your baboons and zombies are inside poverty already undecided
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by ichoku: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
If this is the yard stick Baba, you are a failure on arrival. The realistic thing is to judge you by the number of people who chant Sai Baba at your every move whether good or bad. As for poverty, we have counted up to 500,000 that entered poverty since you took over.

3 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by abat4real37(f): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
It is well, i just pray that boko haram should be history, and povert y is reduce
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by naijaking1: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
lolaxavier:

Awon haters!

Wait for the numbers after a while, you will see.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by nikkiking(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmmm after denying that he never promised 5k to any unemployed nigerians shocked...... how true is this

Baba stop deceiving us.......
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
naijaking1:

Wait for the numbers after a while, you will see.

I am optimistic and hopeful with the administration, hence my wait won't be fine-tuned towards failure...

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by BrokenTV: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
Very soon he will deny this statement, that he was not the one that made it as he denied the others.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
waiting till 2019.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Disneylady(f): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Bubu, you have incarcerated more Nigerians in poverty than your predecessors. So, don't think everyone is gullible like your zombies angry angry

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by happydays1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
sai Baba, so many families have been thrown out of work since you came in: Oil and gas, bank, construction even small businesses are affected by your go slow ". Empower the youth and we shall support you for second term, because many are joining the wailing crusade.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by naijaking1: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
lolaxavier:

I am optimistic and hopeful with the administration, hence my wait won't be fine-tuned towards failure...

Optimism and hope fullness don't create jobs and improve the economy, a basic knowledge of economics does.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by omenka(m): 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
Baba, you don't need to burn a juole of energy explaining this to anybody. Those of us who fought hard in the little way we can to ensure you become the president understand those critical indices with which we calibrate the barometer of your admin.

Those who insist on judging you based on your religion, your dentition, the colours of the clothes you wear, the cost of your wife's wrist watch, the school your daughter attends, the size of your cattle herd, how Obama shook hands with you, your accent, and other such frivolities are the sore losers that would perpetually see absolutely nothing good everything you do. They are called the Wailing Wailers, Yowling Yowlers, and in some cases, TANoids.

They simply can't come to terms with the failure that currently abides with them despite all their inane projections of trampling on Nigerians for 60 Years uninterupted.

Concentrate on the good works you are doing and leave us to handle the distractions.

We know you will NOT disappoint us, and so far you've been making us really proud of the Choice we made in the last election.

4 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
naijaking1:

Optimism and hope fullness don't create jobs and improve the economy, a basic knowledge of economics does.

Not sure if being pessimistic create jobs and improve the economy. I'd rather sit on the positive side of the fence.

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by naijaking1: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
lolaxavier:

Not sure if being pessimistic create jobs and improve the economy. I'd rather sit on the positive side of the fence.

Today, about 6 months of Buhari in office, go tell the NSE, banks, and foreign companies pulling out of Nigeria about pessimism.
I wish people would understand that economic is a basic science just like math, medicine, physics. It doesn't lie, and not even subject to political statements like promising to make one naira equal to one dollar without having any new exports to back it up, except some ignorant hot political air
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Rad1cal: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
omenka:
[s]Baba, you don't need to burn a juole of energy explaining this to anybody. Those of us who fought hard in the little way we can to ensure you become the president understand those critical indices with which we calibrate the barometer of your admin.

Those who insist on judging you based on your religion, your dentition, the colours of the clothes you wear, the cost of your wife's wrist watch, the school your daughter attends, the size of your cattle herd, how Obama shook hands with you, your accent, and other such frivolities are the sore losers that would perpetually see absolutely nothing good everything you do. They are called the Wailing Wailers, Yowling Yowlers, and in some cases, TANoids.

They simply can't come to terms with the failure that currently abides with them despite all their inane projections of trampling on Nigerians for 60 Years uninterupted.

Concentrate on the good works you are doing and leave us to handle the distractions.

We know you will NOT disappoint us, and so far you've been making us really proud of the Choice we made in the last election.[/s]

More people are drifting into unwarranted poverty , yet this w@nking zombie is spewing trash.

4 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Rad1cal:

More people are drifting into unwarranted poverty , yet this w@nking zombie is spewing trash.

Baseless!

3 Likes

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by omolami: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Certainly Buhari is insensitive to the cry of Nigerians over LACK AND POVERTY

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by omolami: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Certainly Buhari is insensitive to the cry of Nigerians over LACK AND POVERTU
Certainly Buhari is insensitive to the cry of Nigerians over LACK, WANT AND POVERTY
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by chernest2002: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
I dey dance owanbe in advance for bubu's failure afterall am having American visa.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by hinwazaka: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
This man thinks he can say anything he likes and we just have to accept it. By what indices we will use to evaluate the level of poverty in 2018. So he intends to just tell us in 2018 that he has achieved full employment and poverty has been eradicated, and so we should head to the ballots and vote him enmasse for a 2nd term. This President, is nothing but a lying clown, that was how he stup1dly told the press, that no investor would be worried by his abusive and dictatorial economic policies. That any investor who cares about Nigeria, wouldn't mind his forex market controls. Where in this earth would you find Father Christmas investors. This man will kill this country, if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by pheliciti: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
God bless Nigeria and God grant this government the ability and forthrightness to deliver on all these objectives.
Re: Judge My Administration By The Number Of People That Move Out Of Poverty-Buhari by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
ichoku:
If this is the yard stick Baba, you are a failure on arrival. The realistic thing is to judge you by the number of people who chant Sai Baba at your every move whether good or bad. As for poverty, we have counted up to 500,000 that entered poverty since you took over.

Ha!ha!ha!ha!

This is egwu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

photos: Kanu’s Family Joins Pro-biafra Protest / Hasna Ait Boulahcen: Europe's First Female Suicide Bomber / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial, Laughable Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.