Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,197 members, 7,910,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:31 PM

Hac-king Your Context Menu - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hac-king Your Context Menu (845 Views)

I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause / I Couldn't Find "run" On My Start Menu, Why Is This? / Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hac-king Your Context Menu by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 12, 2009

Re: Hac-king Your Context Menu by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 12, 2009
tools used

winbubble
regtoy
glaryutilities
regedit
byblos.dll with reource hacker

optional alternatives

shock bookmark
open++
submenu pack
filemenu tools
fast explorer
fast folders

some links are here

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=52524

hac-king your contecty menu is a greaty way to improve the way you work. by using arguments (typically %v) , you can run applications directly in folders

access folder
analayze
analyze directory
lupas rename
create new folder here

are applications with ommandline arguments

all of this is done ultimately in the registry, and you have to enter the registry to configure command line arguments

i got into context menu ha-cking when i found that its one of the ways of customizing your user interface in autocad.

funnily, i've had regtoy for years. i was using an unwieldy combination of submenu pack, shock book mark, and fast folders, when i found that i could run the tweaks of the three apps with regtoys 'shell extension' tool .
Re: Hac-king Your Context Menu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
while checking out tweaking with vishal yesterday, i found this

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-add-program-shortcuts-and-other-useful-shortcuts-with-icons-in-windows-7-desktop-context-menu/

works beautifully.

so now my context menu shortcuts have something i've always wanted - icons

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A Scam Website / How Can I Prevent Atm Thief? / Palm Top Touch Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.