Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,891 members, 7,895,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? (6690 Views)

Tissue Paper Or Water: Which Is Better? / How Healthy Is This Our Traditional Herbal Drink For Pile (ogun Jedi) / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by silkybaby: 5:58pm On May 18, 2009
Yorkie subject
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by stayhelthy: 6:53pm On May 18, 2009
Using tissue paper is hygienic to clean that stuff. Thereafter wash off that hole with water so that there will be no stain. If your practice is to use only tissue paper, you will notice stain of that stuff and this stings. Don't you fill dirty when you use only tissue paper. I beg use both for proper clean up.

If you did the thing where water is not available, after using tissue paper, when u get home wash the surface and wash your hands with soap and clean water.

Please, it is not advisable to use the water in the public bowl to water hands.

I don se my own ooh.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by jumie(f): 11:58am On May 19, 2009
rubbish
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:48pm On May 26, 2009
Hmmm!  Do you mind these Ancient people on here? If you have such people as friends, beware, what you eat/drink from their homes when you visit.  Else, you will be eating/dinking,  you know what!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:51pm On May 26, 2009
Hmmm!  Do you mind these Ancient people on here? If you have such people as friends, beware, what you eat/drink from their homes when you visit.  Else, you will be eating/dinking,  you know what!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:57pm On May 26, 2009
Hmmm!  Do you mind these Ancient people on here? If you have such people as friends, beware, what you eat/drink from their homes when you visit.  Else, you will be eating/dinking,  you know what!  You see, people shower and bath every day, I can not see any reason why anyone should continue poking their hands down there each and evey time they went in the name of cleaning their private if not some kind of pervasion.  You bath/shower once or twice a day so, what's heck?
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:59pm On May 26, 2009
Hmmm!  Do you mind these Ancient people on here? If you have such people as friends, beware, what you eat/drink from their homes when you visit.  Else, you will be eating/dinking,  you know what!  You see, people shower and bath every day, I can not see any reason why anyone would continue to poke their hands down there each and evey time they go, in the name of cleaning their private area if not some kind of pervasion.  The most disgusting thing is that those people who wash their private areas any time nature calls, DON'T EVEN BOTHER HAVING PROPER BATH OR SHOWER IN THE MAIN maybe, once a week, honest.  And here, they are suggesting those who bath/shower once or twice and sometimes thrice a day depending on how hot the day is and your circumstance, is the dirty one, when they actually are the CLASSICAL DIRTY PIGS, I wonder!  I worry about people who are friends with such people as for me, shoot me if I near their DOOR, that's how disgusting their lifestyle is to me.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Winnergal(f): 9:36pm On May 26, 2009
igbe n run . . .
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Winnergal(f): 9:46pm On May 26, 2009
Igbe n run . . .
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by BBAnne(f): 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2009
water?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked eeeewwwwwww!!!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by ugowife(f): 8:44am On Aug 14, 2009
Baby wipes all the way!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 15, 2009
Spikeycylinda u've just cracked a rib here. I havent laughed this in a long time. grin grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Oluschenco(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2009
It is beta to use both, i use tissue paper first and then wash with water.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Tanna(f): 2:42am On Aug 19, 2009
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

I never even heard that people in a civilized and developed society DID NOT use toilet paper. This is upsetting me. I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time soon, and I DO NOT want to eat food from my in-laws if this is how they clean themselves.

How does one clean theirsleves if the restroom has no sink nearby Like in a public restroom? or do all public restrooms have sinks in them?
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by ufot(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
stayhelthy:

Using tissue paper is hygienic to clean that stuff. Thereafter wash off that hole with water so that there will be no stain. If your practice is to use only tissue paper, you will notice stain of that stuff and this stings. Don't you fill dirty when you use only tissue paper. I beg use both for proper clean up.

If you did the thing where water is not available, after using tissue paper, when u get home wash the surface and wash your hands with soap and clean water.

Please, it is not advisable to use the water in the public bowl to water hands.

I don se my own ooh.
I train my system to do the deed in the early morning after a hot beverage, then go in the shower to finish off. I come out the house clean and fresh. I hate using public toilets for Number 2 activity especially in naija.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by denny4ril: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
if your fingers are long and u use tissue, u stand d risk of remains hiding under your fingernail. so it is better to wash with water and even clean d hand well after the whole tsunami process. thanks
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by mafolayomi(f): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
nyanma
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by mafolayomi(f): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
just curious, b4 d invention of tissue paper, what were dey using, leaf? undecided
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by tunnytox(m): 12:28am On Dec 22, 2010
funny thread grin grin grin for me I use tissue paper anytime, if you use the right type of tissue there's no reason why you won't be clean down there and moreso I'll always have my shower everyday so what's the problem? If you are expelling massive shit on daily basis then may be you need water and soap becos its hard to imagine what some folks are expelling lol grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nicolai: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2010
When I'm at home, Of course I always use water to clean up my backside, you know it cleans up everything but I do make sure that I wash my hands thoroughly after that.
But of course I also use tissue when I'm at the mall or at my friend's house, because there are times that you know, you just feel the urge to let go of the waste cheesy
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by otilowaju(f): 4:17pm On May 27, 2011
1) Can someone tell me how a lady can clean her backside with water in a public/office toilet without water spilling on her undies?
2) In a loo where there's no soap to wash your hands after the show, don't you think your hands will be smelling afterwards?

for me, I'll go for tissue wet with water for the number 2 job when am outside and use water when at home.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 27, 2011
^^^may i ask: how will you get the tissue wet, if there is no water to even wash your hands?!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by spicyhoney(f): 2:24am On May 30, 2011
OMG! what a thread, cant stop laughing.

@ topic, using tissue paper first and then water is the best but for people who poo outside their homes I don't know sha. Can't even picture myself using a public toilet for that purpose.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by otilowaju(f): 3:54pm On May 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^may i ask: how will you get the tissue wet, if there is no water to even wash your hands?!

otilowaju:

1) Can someone tell me how a lady can clean her backside with water in a public/office toilet without water spilling on her undies?
2) In a loo where there's[b] no soap to wash your hands [/b] [color=#990000][/color]after the show, don't you think your hands will be smelling afterwards?

for me, I'll go for tissue wet with water for the number 2 job when am outside and use water when at home.

@MrBrownJay, Please read my post again, I wrote 'no soap' and not 'no water''. 
And mark you, when I wrote ''public toilet' I did not strictly mean 'Fashola built toilets' you will find at motor parks. You will agree me that some offices don't have free flow of water in their toilets, God help you if you feel the ''úrge'' when you're there. To me, tissue paper is da bomb and I can swim when am in the comfy of my home
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by kaykaybaba(m): 2:46am On Dec 04, 2011
Water water water! I only use TP to dry. When I'm home, Water all the way. Its much more hygienic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Add Weight Locally / Lagos Discharges Fifteen Coronavirus Patients Today / COVID-19 Update For March 4 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.