Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,946 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. (1342 Views)

I'm Building A Great Media Company, And I Need Smart People! / MTN Returns To Profit As It Overcomes $1billion Nigeria Fine / My Experience of my Fishpond Business From Start To Finish (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2015
[b]UPDATE: APRIL 26, 2016

Hi everyone!

I wanted to post a second update to this thread to let any remaining followers and new visitors know that I'm planning to do another website Live Build soon, but there will be a few differences this time.

The most obvious difference is the running time frame and objectives. On the previous 2 occasions, I never set specific goals for the build. I basically built a website, and allowed people to follow along, showing them how to set up WordPress, install a theme, and manage a blog. It was very general, and VERY boring. I'd planned to do a third Live Build in late December 2015, but chose not to because I didn't want to repeat the experience of the previous two builds. I wanted to do something different, and more challenging. So I put the idea on hold until a time would come where I could pursue a Live Build that offered something other than simple WordPress setups and blogging tips.

With this Live Build, I'm making it a priority to create a challenge for myself, by setting a few massive, but achievable goals for the site. I should have considered this before with the two earlier builds, but didn't because all I was focused on was showing how easy it was to start and build a blog. I treated them like hobbies instead of serious entrepreneurial projects or businesses. But I won't make that mistake this time, and the third Live Build experiment will be bigger, better, and offer tons more value and insight to participants.

I will also change the type of site I build as well. Instead of focusing on a simple blog, the idea will be to purposefully build a site that generates an income. Since blogging, in and of itself, doesn't necessarily involve earning money, I want to be sure that revenue and monetary growth are a major driving point for this project. After all, that's what people want to know right? How to drive traffic and make money from a website. So that will be our primary focus with this build.

I also want to let everyone know that this will probably be the last Live Build my team and I do that is free. Live Build require a tremendous amount of planning and time to properly execute, and if we are unable to generate any revenue from this build, we will have to reconsider our position of offering the builds for free in the future.

But I hope it doesn't come to that, because by the builds being free, more people have access. Especially those who don't have the extra finances to spend on online courses and training programs. So I'll be working extremely hard to be sure that the builds remain free. smiley

If you have questions feel free to contact me at any time if you're interested in the Live Build.

Thanks for reading, and be blessed!
[/b]

UPDATE: MARCH 02, 2016

Hey everyone!

First, I would like to thank those of you who took part in my first Live Build on Nairaland. It was a wonderful experience, and I hope you were able to learn a lot from this experiment. I've since removed the content from this thread, as the information is no longer valid or useful. The Internet is forever changing, and the marketing strategy used to conduct this experiment is now obsolete.

Second, I would like to inform you that I've sold Suite X8, and the business no longer exists in its previous form. Moving forward, I'd like to concentrate more on my writing and helping other beginning and early-stage bloggers, marketers and writers get the information and resources they need to promote and sell their work.

Be sure to follow my updates on Nairaland as I'll be posting tons of create tips and quality content to help people get more out of their blogs and writing online.

Take care and be blessed!

Ra
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Sirchucks(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2015
Okey, chilling wit odeeku and nkwobi.
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Sirchucks:
Okey, chilling wit odeeku and nkwobi.

I hope this thread helps you on your journey. If you have questions, feel free to ask. smiley
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by AMI3(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
gr8t info by the op.

who else want to install wordpress on his/her website should contact me asap.08109649068 or amabooks72@gmail.com
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Bigdreams(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Keep it up Sir.

I like your drive and energy.
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Bigdreams:
Keep it up Sir.

I like your drive and energy.

Thank you. My hope is that these posts inspire people to pursue more of what they want in life, instead of trying to avoid what they don't want.
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by bloggers42014: 1:53am On Nov 15, 2015
If you Need a Non Hosted Nigeria Google Adsense, or you are having problem getting yours approved contact me on bloggers42014@gmail.com (08066416813) or compudon.org we are on ground to help you get on on google Adsense....... compudon we make things happen
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm planning to do a third Live Build in the coming weeks, offering tips and advice on building a profitable website. This will be the third Live Build I've done since my time here on Nairaland, but rather than focusing on basic blogging tips like before, the purpose of the build will be to start and grow an income-generating website.

As with before, the Live Build will be free to anyone who wants to participate. I believe Live Builds offer tremendous value to participants, and the more people who can benefit, the better.

For more details, please feel free to reach out to me. I will be posting more updates in the coming weeks to keep you informed on my progress.

I look forward to connecting with you again soon!

Be blessed!
Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by In2systemsTech(m): 5:07am On Apr 27, 2016
We are web designers and SEO Managers that believes in having a good time while doing what we love, and we do love what we do. We have been designing websites for over many years, and we are very keen on personal services. I will describe In2systems Technologies as a spiritual fast learning generalist with a passion for remarkable design.

www.i2sTech.com
whatsapp: 07038465582

Most Recent Job
www.LagosNigeriaConnect.com
www.rcchukwudebeluchambers.com

Re: From Start To Profit: I'm building a website and sharing everything as I go. by AgoraRoad(m): 6:21am On Apr 27, 2016

(1) (Reply)

I Opened A Sucessful Business...now I Want To Sell It Off! / How Do I Register For Fiverr!please Help / UBA Begins Saturday Banking Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.