Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:40 AM

PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke (604 Views)

Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by catchfun: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party on Thursday challenged President Mohammadu Buhari to resign as the country’s President for admitting that the nation is broke, saying that his stand was a clear manifestation of inability to steer the ship of the country.
Members of the opposition PDP also expressed deep concern over the poor governance posture by the ruling All Progressives Congress in handling key issues affecting the nation since assumption of office four months ago.
The opposition party described as “annoying” the Mr. President’s lamentation that the country was broke during his statement last week.
Public Secretary of the PDP in Edo state, Mr. Chris Nehikhare who stated this on Thursday during a press conference to review the seven years of Oshiomhole government in Edo state held in Benin the state capital said, it was evident that the Presidency and the APC led administration cannot fix the country and therefore “they should resign”.
He challenged the President to show the citizens the account balances of all transactions by previous PDP led government under former President Goodluck Jonathan and the APC led government under him since assumption of office.
Mr. Nehikhare stated that “President Buhari should show Nigerians the account balances and how much money he met in the coffers of the federal government since he came in.
He has not shown anybody the accounts balance as at today. If he says the government is broke and he cannot manage it he should resign and handover power to someone who has responsibility and can manage the economy better.”
According to him, “the lamentation of Mr. President and his APC government is becoming annoying and I don’t think we should tolerate any more lamentation. They fought tooth and nail to take over government and now they have government, let them deal with it.”
The leadership of the PDP in the state also blasted Governor Adams Oshiomhole for what it called “a shame, disgrace and another incompetence” the eleventh hour trial of former governor of the state, Chief Lucky Igbinedion, seven years after he assumed office as governor of Edo state, describing it as purely “a political witch-hunt”.
Nehikhare further said “The party will come out with a statement as time goes on because the governor since he left office in 2007 I think it is a shame and a disgrace that another form of incompetence that it is taking Oshiomhole another seven years to wake up from his slumber to do what I will call political witch-hunt”.
The laziness of the state government is glaring and I will leave the reaction to the target of the perceived probe and the party will make a response at the appropriate time but right now I think it is the ranting of desperate man who is trying to clutch any straw.”
The party’s Publicity Secretary who spoke extensively on the poor state of roads across the three senatorial districts urged the APC led government in the state to wake up to its responsibility and stop making excuses over its inability to meet up with the challenges of governancehttp://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/pdp-to-buhari-apc-resign-if-nigeria-is-broke/
lalasticlala
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by catchfun: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2015
Soro niyen
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by beright: 9:13am On Nov 06, 2015
Pdp so after running the country broke you are now advicing him to resign as a president so that you will have opportunity to sell nigeria on credit, abi?
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by PRYCE(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Resign? Buhari isn't honourable a man to do that! Sorry to those having Wild imaginations!!

1 Like

Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by oluspencer(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Ehen ehen..... So una wan sell dis country Abi?
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by oluspencer(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2015
Ehen ehen..... So una wan sell dis country Abi?

Don't know what's wrong with NCP and Kowa ..... They can be better opposition
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by Vikkie14: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2015
beright:
Pdp so after running the country broke you are now advicing him to resign as a president so that you will have opportunity to sell nigeria on credit, abi?
Ma'am, can you possibly remind me of Nigeria's economy status before handover? How many months now since this government ascended the throne? Can you please tell me the status of Nigeria economy strength in Africa before now? Tell me, how much did the FG disbursed for "bailout" and from where was that taken from? How much did the PDP government left in reserve and government purse(s)?
Please, i want a candid and honest answer void of political affiliation.

Am apolitical but can't stand your ill-equipped justification.
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by Vikkie14: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2015
PRYCE:
Resign? Buhari isn't honourable a man to do that! Sorry to those having Wild imaginations!!
But i was told he was a man of INTEGRITY. Someone even called him INCORRUPTIBLE.
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by Bobbystanley(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2015
How do you guys expect a dictator to resign?
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by speedyGonzales: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Hahaha! this is funny but I bloody agree with everything he said! we are tired of whining, do some work!

Jonathan, had the "World Economic crisis", the "drop Petroleum prices", "Boko Haram" and "Ebola" to deal with!
As president of Nigeria there is always a crisis to deal with, it is part of the job! so work that brain of yours and give us a solution!

And Adams Oshiomhole is probing the previous government after 7 years in office! like seriously, that is just dumb!
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by PRYCE(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Vikkie14:
But i was told he was a man of INTEGRITY. Someone even called him INCORRUPTIBLE.
Oh Yes dear but Even non- existent things were given names too... Like Unicorns, Chodes e.t.c!
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by bonechamberlain(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2015
exactly, all these tales of Nigeria is broke is rubbish, resign if u can't continue, and stop giving excuses.
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by tolexy007(m): 9:43am On Nov 06, 2015
grin
Re: PDP To Buhari, APC: Resign If Nigeria Is Broke by Dannyset(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2015
Dickson has already answered these people. This one is just trying to take over power from Metuh.

(1) (Reply)

Treasury Single Account (TSA)- Matters Arising / Fayose’s Second Coming Is Divine –former NBA Scribe / Photos: Old Women Stage Protest Against Oshiomole In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.