Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,941 members, 7,969,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:11 PM

APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation (477 Views)

APC: The Beginning Of The End - Abba Mahmood / An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths / How Saraki Bowed To APC - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation by chronique(m): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
I said this during the electoral campaigns,and I'd still say it again;APC should stop this habit of promising heaven and earth like a man desperate to get into a lady's pants at all cost,and suddenly forgets all He promised after having a lovely round of sex. This 5k nonsense being promised,should stop and real issues should be talked about as it is evident this promise is just a farce. If you doubt me,hold on a minute and let's do a lil bit of elementary mathematics here.

Assuming Nigeria has a minimum of 30m unemployed youths out of it's 170m population and we're to pay 5k each to everyone of them monthly,what would our expenses look like?

5k x 1m youths = 5bn/month
5k x 30m youths = 150bn/month
150bn x 12months = 1.8trn/yr
1.8trn x 4yrs = 7.2trn in 4yrs

Nigeria's budget for 2015 was 4.5trn naira. This social welfare scheme APC plans,amounts to 40% of the 2015 budget. If we plan to retain the same budget figure we have in 2015 in 2016,it means we would spend 1.8trn on youth social welfare for the unemployed,and a paltry 2.7trn to run the economy. Alternatively,we'd have to increase our budget by 1.8trn and spend 6.3trn in 2016. With the current fall in oil prices,where are we going to get that amount from? This 6.3trn hasn't even captured the stipends for the social welfare scheme for the aged,and the free meals for school children.

My take in all of these,is that those who said they'd pay this amount of money,and those who believe the government would pay this,are either ignorant,gullible or outrightly silly. I'm sure some people would soon come here to tell us how it can be achieved by recovering the loot from the previous administration(s);that's actually the kind of talk a fool will be found making. You don't plan for or run your household based on uncertain expected income. You can plan your life based on your monthly salary because it is a guaranteed and steady flow of income. But you can't plan to pay 5k monthly stipends based on loot you intend to recover.
Nigeria might be able to pay this in future but definitely not in 2016 or even 2017,with the global fall in oil prices that accounts for almost 90% of government revenue.

Enough of the lies and propaganda,enough of the deceit and political gimmicks;APC should get up and work. There's no time for all these stupidity going around.
The Nigerian youths should also get serious and wake up from this sleep of stupidity they've found themselves in.

NB: sorry if I sound insultive,abusive or angered. I'm just seek and tired of all the nonsense we're embroiled in,as a nation.
Re: APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation by themilanway(m): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Politicians/political parties are known for bogus campaign promises and manifestos.

I doubt if any of those who voted for Buhari/APC did it on the back of"free school meals"or"5000 monthly for un employed youths".

99 percent of those who voted for APC were just willing to give Buhari a chance.Not about 5k monthly promise.
Re: APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation by chronique(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
^^^

Reading the thread where the APC leadership claims there is no going back on the policy,is just annoying. They should stop stringing these youths along,and just give them reasons why it wouldn't be feasible.
Re: APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation by Earthkumy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. By Earthkumy www.nairaland.com/2718060/biafra-nigerian-dream-why-im

(1) (Reply)

Photo; 2 Traffic Robbers Arrested By Security Operatives In Ikoyi Area Of Lagos / Revisiting Tinubu-nomics-this Regime Must Not Fail. / How Akpabio Destroyed Our Businesses For Eight Years. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.