Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,923 members, 7,872,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald (677 Views)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by alcmene: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
The All Progressives Congress has reacted to accusations by senators of the Peoples Democratic Party that it may have reneged on a campaign promise to pay 5,000 naira monthly to unemployed youths in the country.

In a statement in Abuja on Friday, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC and minister-designate, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration is putting modalities in place to implement the project.

He said the delay in implementing the project was caused by the fact that the 2015 budget drawn up by the PDP-led administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan did not make provision for it.

The APC appealed to Nigerians to shun any mischievous attempt by the PDP to mislead and confuse them on the matter.

“Now, the Buhari administration has been busy putting into place measures that will make it possible to start the implementation of this project. Such measures include the introduction of the Treasury Single Account (TSA).

“We are happy to inform Nigerians that as at the end of September 2015, over 1.4 trillion Naira – which hitherto was lying unproductively in various commercial banks – has been recovered and paid into the TSA.

“Had the PDP not sacrificed the truth on the altar of political expediency, it would have realized that the APC never at any time indicated it has reneged on its promise to pay 5,000 Naira monthly to 25 million most vulnerable Nigerians.

“In our press statement of Aug. 30th 2015, we still reiterated our plan to redeem our campaign promises, including the social security payment policy, despite the primitive looting of the treasury under the watch of the PDP.

“It is therefore astonishing that the same PDP, which is becoming more and more infamous for its penchant for peddling half-truths and sensationalizing every issue, will rush to the press to celebrate the figment of its imagination that the APC will not fulfil its campaign promise regarding the payment,” the statement said.

The APC said that the Buhari administration is also embarking on a massive infrastructure renewal programme in the areas of roads, rail and power, for which a 2.5-billion-dollar Infrastructure Fund is being put in place.

”Contrary to the disinformation being peddled by the PDP, the Buhari administration is poised to lift millions of Nigerians out of extreme poverty by providing social protection and safety nets with another 2.5 trillion Naira Special Intervention Fund,” the APC stressed.

http://www.theheraldng.com/we-will-pay-the-5000-naira-we-promised-nigerians-apc/

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
I no belive this, the herald na yeye news paper fa
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by HERSLEY(f): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hmmmmm I don't believe this
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by merry02(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
APC and noise, give Us result. Thanks

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by fromnigeria(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
The new is true. I just heard it on Radio.
#My5000_Can_Go_A_Long_Way
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by alcmene: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
You cant take this away from PDP....good in being the ruling and the opposition party

Just see how they made APC own up to their campaign promise

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by mrmetoo1: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bows to pressure.. how silly! They never said they weren't doing it. We all know those PDP senators were just being mischievous

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by ODUBEZE: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
story.. story...
GEJ don suffer for una hand. Why should he make budget for it? was he the one who made the promise? Don't forget that you now have the majority so give us good policies!
Anyway 2016 is almost here! no more excuses!
Also Lai Mohammed should stop accusing PDP because if truly U had it in plan when it was raised in the house, the APC would have concurred immediately!
Nigerians are wiser!
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by MISSNORA(f): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
LieDetector come n detect this o
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by ckmayoca: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
I hope una go share it well and not for the underage wey full North since dem population na like sand.
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by sammyj: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
We all know they will do it apart from the haters and wailers that did not vote for them. For all I care they can go and hug live transformer !!!

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by vedaxcool(m): 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
Everybody knows PDP is a cesspool of evil demonism and an odoriferous gathering of unclean witches. PDP knows they wrecked Nigeria finances beyond reason yet want the govt to implement a policy that requires finance immediately without any broad strategy. pdp intends to feign as mpst vulnerable Nigerians to perpetually steal our money.
Awon ole kobokobo

1 Like

Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by LieDetector(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
MISSNORA:
LieDetector come n detect this o
I think I just got myself a new crush cheesy
Re: APC Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Pay The 5000 Promised Nigerians-the Herald by MISSNORA(f): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
LieDetector:
I think I just got myself a new crush cheesy
lol... Go jor

(1) (Reply)

Can We Stand Nigeria If War Erupts? / My Support For Biafra Agitators / "It's Time For Someone Else To Eat The Money”, Ugandan Politician Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.