Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,528 members, 7,881,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? (5779 Views)

Poll: Would you?

No its not my business: 45% (18 votes)
Yes married is sacred: 55% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Follows His Married Friend To Honeymoon (Photo) / Man Padlocks Girlfriend's Pant To Prevent Her From Cheating (photos) / How To Stop Your Man From Cheating: The Very Weird But Very Workable Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Bawss1(m): 12:41pm On May 14, 2009
So much for this unwritten rule that people seem to adhere to strongly. What about the written rules?
Was going to say something like debauchery thrives because good friends keep quiet but would that make any difference?
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Emperoh(m): 12:42pm On May 14, 2009
There only one sensibl thing to do
depending on how close you guys are and how u relate.

Simply advise and cajole him off it!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Ejadamen(f): 1:55pm On May 14, 2009
Wisdom is profitable to direct. If you're close to the man in question, you can talk to him ONCE! But your husband is your head and since he has restrained you,you must obey.

For me, I would talk to the man once if i was close to him, if he doesn't listen then I leave him in the hand of God. If this friend was a woman, i would sing advice to her until she terminates our friendship (if she is hell bent on cheating). But reporting a cheating man/woman to the spouse is playing with fire.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by hilli666(m): 3:08pm On May 14, 2009
Nope not at all! But he shouldnt be mad when he finds out im sleeping with his wife. Aint karma a Bitch?
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by obyann(f): 4:46pm On May 14, 2009
I'll tell him to stop cheating his wife. This is not a matter of full grown adult or not. what if he's drunk and head to the middle of express road to lie down? You'll allow him abi?
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by savanaha: 4:50pm On May 14, 2009
obyann:

I'll tell him to stop cheating his wife. This is not a matter of full grown adult or not. what if he's drunk and head to the middle of express road to lie down? You'll allow him abi?

Well according to some here without balls they wouldn't tell him his heading to the middle of an express road to lie down because its an unwritten men boys code.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by slimfine(f): 7:58pm On May 14, 2009
I don't have friends that go out and get drunk. so I wouldn't know!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by DoubleN(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2009
I'll definitely talk to him and let him know that what he is about to do can ruin his marriage and life.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Oxone(m): 12:26am On May 15, 2009
it really not my business cos if you involve yourself, then they will use you & settle

can remember a female friend who the boyfriend (my friend too) beats black & blue on several occassion. when she came to me for advice, i told her to end the relationship as no guy should hit a woman. well was shocked when the guy confronted me with what i told her undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

made up my mind since then to mind my business except if my immediate family is involved
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Remii(m): 2:51am On May 15, 2009
No!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Bawss1(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2009
hilli666:

Nope not at all! But he shouldnt be mad when he finds out im sleeping with his wife. Aint karma a Bitch?

lol
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by sojioguns(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2009
@Poster,
You are female and bothered about your male married friend's affair?
Are you sure you don't really like him too? Maybe it is some jealousy creeping in.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 15, 2009
Nope, nothing to do with me.

He's a grown man, and know's what he's doing's wrong, he doesn't need me to tell him.
And i certainly wouldn't be telling his wife what he's up to, it's not my place to do so.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Remii(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2009
No! but I will do my best keeping my children, sisters and other loved ones away from him because those guys do not have limitations when comes to areas of operation. lol.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Aderoy(m): 2:04pm On May 15, 2009
Getting varied morale lectures here.  **Scratches head**
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Feelitx(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2009
I will always do my best to remind a friend of his conduct around me. Ultimately, the decision is his to take.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Krayola(m): 3:44pm On May 15, 2009
It depends. If his spouse/wife/partner is someone I respect and appreciate and feel is good for him, I will try to discourage him. Although I won't pressure him too much and make a fight out of it. I'll just try to talk some sense into him and try to help him realize what he has isn't worth losing over a cheap piece of ass.

But if his partner is just another hood-rat chopping awuuf, then its all good, the more the merrier
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Akabiboy(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2009
There are too many hypocrites on here, especially some of the guys. If some grown up feel he is not getting enough satisfaction at home and decide to have extral curricula activities, what then concern you.
Many folks here do the same thing they are condemning. Well naija people sha!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by comechop(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2009
This one most definitely falls into the TOP TEN IDIOTIC STATEMENTS I HAVE EVER READ ON NAIRALAND.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Honestly, I would HATE to have someone like you as a friend. . . . .

Okija_juju:

Picture this.

Its boys night out! after a few bottles, one decides to take a strange girl to bed, what would you do??

Talk to him bout breaking his girlsfriends heart?? or bout STD's??

HELLZ NO!! You would be looked on as not being a real dude/big boy/correct man e.t.c. You women might not see that as a problem but we guys dont do that. Its so bad that if you happened to be out with your boyfriend and witness such an act, and dare speak out or to the guy bout it, you may not know it but you are making your man look bad in front of his homies.

Inasmuch as I know its wrong, its the norm. WHo are we to change it!!

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by wanville(m): 3:10am On May 16, 2009
smiley
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by jessica86: 8:41am On May 17, 2009
to okija_juju:

okay, you wouldn't tell on your guy friend, but what if it was the woman cheating? You'd probably tell on her, yeah? Of course.

Also, if your friend was raping a woman would you turn a blind eye to that too?
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by jessica86: 8:50am On May 17, 2009
wouldn't you guys be worried about the guy passing HIV to his wife Oh my gosh. I hope not all men would turn a blind eye. That would also be a betrayal to the wife the guy was cheating on.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by bambash(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2009
If the guy has a steady girlfriend and still does all he is expected to do as a husband, I would probably just watch from the sidelines wink.

But if the reverse is the case and the guy is living recklessly, you know sleeping out, not taking care of family and even beating up the wife for querying him,I would give him a good dose of what I would like to call husband to husband pep talk angry.

Now if the guy continues living the reckless life then I guess I will have to draw the curtains on the relationship.

One thing is for sure though, boys will always be boys grin.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Akweda: 6:29am On May 18, 2009
its no busins of mine as lng as dat friend is nt a she.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by omooloye1(f): 11:34am On May 18, 2009
It amazes me me how some people reason! I must confess I have read some very dumb contributions on nairaland that I couldnt but wonder.How can a full grown man throw away integrity and moral values all in the name of being 'hommie'!

@okija juju,
Walahi! am very sorry for you.How old are you sef? You cannot have a good sense of judgement because you don't want 'the boys' to disapprove of you.

@poster
Adultery is wrong,no matter who the victim is, man or woman.It is your responsibility to prevent your friend from it.If you don't,your conscience will not let you rest.

And to think it is fashionable for a man to cheat! these men will not learn a lesson.Who says a woman cannot pay you back in your rotten coin? Bet if the cheat were a woman, you would all advise her to inform her husband? Bunch of sexists! Okija juju,number one
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Enockia(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2009
If ma friend is cheatin to hell with him i don't give a f**k. Afteral variety is the spice of life.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Enockia(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2009
If ma friend is cheatin to hell with him i don't give a f**k. Afteral variety is the spice of life.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by obyann(f): 5:36pm On May 18, 2009
savanaha:

Well according to some here without balls they wouldn't tell him his heading to the middle of an express road to lie down because its an unwritten men boys code.

Abi?
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by waterworks(f): 1:57pm On May 19, 2009
to avoid beign in the middle of the two people the best thing is to confront the person they are abt to cheat with. for example if its a girl meet her in the batchroom and say somthing like that guy is married to my friend or somthing. at least you dont confront the guy and if they quarrel they will not settle on top your head.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by biola44: 3:20pm On May 19, 2009
i'll warn him maturely(parables), "a word is enough for the wise", the choice is his, but i dont accept cheating on your partner as a mistake/ a man should always accept his responsibilities
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by olasboy: 3:35pm On May 19, 2009
If you cannot correct your friend that indulges in such act, its either you also do it, you dont mind doing it or you see nothing wrong with it.

All na thesame.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Dalby(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2009
Do unto others as you will have them do unto you!!!
Check your husband too, he could be a player lipsrsealed

Africa and indeed Nigeria has a lot of moralist This is evident just by reading what people are posting on this thread
WHY are we going from bad to WORSE undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Got Married & Av Been Unhappy Since Because Of My Husband’s Predicament / Why Are You Still Single? / States With The Highest Population Of Local Girls In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.