Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,849 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:11 PM

BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final (1309 Views)

Average Manhood Size Of The Countries In World Cup / Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Jighere Wellington has qualified to play in the final of the highly prestigious World Scrabble Championship going on in Perth, Australia.

Wellington will be slugging it over 7 games with Lewis Mackay from UK.

Wish him well.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Elisean(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
nice
I knw stuffs like this Kent make FP only Tonto's back or auntie Tiwa's cleaves that makes it
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by AngryNigerian(m): 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good news...I'll get there, someday!
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by politricks: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
I never knew we have somebody that is that good in scrabble. Congratulations to him.
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
Elisean:
nice

I knw stuffs like this Kent make FP
only Tonto's back or auntie Tiwa's cleaves that makes it

FP or what did you say?
Nooooo. It will never hit first page.
It is too serious for those cleavage loving MODs.
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
This is the epic game that took Jighere to the epoch making final.
So much to play for tomorrow, so much to hope for

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Elisean(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
SCRABBLEBOARD:

FP or what did you say? Nooooo. It will never hit first page. It is too serious for those cleavage loving MODs.
of course
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:08am On Nov 08, 2015
Games about to start.
Say a prayer for a compatriot
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:50am On Nov 08, 2015
Wellington Jighere on fire,one game up
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 3:47am On Nov 08, 2015
keeping vigil
Wellington is up by 2 games
Yippieeeeee

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 5:46am On Nov 08, 2015
The Nigerian Won.

Jighere Wellington is the world champion.

We won

We triumphed

Yippieeee

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:07am On Nov 08, 2015
Joy unmeasurable

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:36am On Nov 08, 2015
The World Champ shortly after winning

1 Like

Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Hey, that T shirt is his NYSC Tee. he just recently finished serving.
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/jighere-wellington-of-nigeria-emerges-world-scrabble-champion/Jighere Wellington of Nigeria emerges world scrabble championNovember 08, 2015 at 10:55 am inSports

FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp

Lagos – Mr Jighere Wellington of Nigeria on Sunday morning emerged the new Scrabble champion of the world after defeating Lewis Mackay 4-0 in a Best of Seven series in Perth Australia.

The duel which was monitored online kicked off at 2 a.m. Nigerian time with the winner set to emerge after coming tops in seven games.

Jighere Wellington of Nigeria emerges world scrabble champion

But Wellington, who had already finished first in a 32-Game Scrabble marathon to qualify for the two-man finals and defeated his English opponent in just four games and thus becomes the new World Scrabble Champion.

Wellington also placed 3rd at the World Scrabble Championship in 2007.

Nigeria also emerged as the best team of the championship as five of its six representatives finished in top 50 players of the tournament with Ayorinde Saidu and Emmanuel Umujose placing 16th and 17th, respectively.

With this victory Nigeria will gain more slots in terms of representations at subsequent world tournaments.

The President of the Nigeria Scrabble Federation (NSF), Suleiman Garba, in a phone interview attributed the victory to hard work and dedication.

“It is a testimony of the potential of Nigeria as a country and the sacrifice and hard work of the board under my leadership.

“We started preparation about a year ago with seven camps which we christened Scrabble Meets to put our team in shape for the world championship and it has paid off.

“I am very proud of the Nigerian team and
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
SCRABBLEBOARD:
keeping vigil Wellington is up by 2 games Yippieeeeee
Hello there , are you a professional scrabble player for Lagos ?
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Hello there , are you a professional scrabble player for Lagos ?

Yes. I am
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
SCRABBLEBOARD:

Yes. I am

I should know you then , do you know baba Ude and which club do you belong to ?
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I should know you then , do you know baba Ude and which club do you belong to ?
I'm Shegetz
You should know me.
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
SCRABBLEBOARD:

I'm Shegetz
You should know me.

HAAA!!! My chairman sir , I no know say na you o , twale oga mi. If not for say as e be na you suppose go represent us for Australia
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by SCRABBLEBOARD: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

HAAA!!! My chairman sir , I no know say na you o , twale oga mi. If not for say as e be na you suppose go represent us for Australia

I hail o.
Greetings sir.
Would be nice to know you too but, i wouldn't like to blow open your NL cover. grin grin
Re: BREAKING BREAKING Nigerian In World Scrabble Championships Final by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
SCRABBLEBOARD:

I hail o.
Greetings sir.
Would be nice to know you too but, i wouldn't like to blow open your NL cover. grin grin

I'll get back to you on Nigerian scrabble friends or Scrabble snippetz

(1) (Reply)

The Making Of Igbo League / Wrestlemania 33 Full Results / Nigeria Representing Fcbarcelona's Youth Academy In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.