Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,453 members, 7,917,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:40 AM

PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A (1298 Views)

Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / Fayose Cautions Buhari Over Probe Of Military Chiefs, Says $2.1bn Arms Deal Is A / Biafra: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by WatchdogNews: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by eunisam: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
true talk
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by eunisam: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says it is deeply concerned about the unfolding political events and developments in the South East and South South of Nigeria.

The PDP also stated that it is not comfortable with the methods being applied by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government in handling of restive youths in the South South and South East geo-political zones, who are agitating under the Biafra movement, and urged the President to personally intervene as the matter affects the territorial integrity of Nigeria.

The party said it is concerned that the Federal Government and its agencies have failed to approach the situation with the inclusiveness and seriousness it deserves, but have instead been resorting to the use of security forces.

PDP National Youth Leader, Hon. Abdullahi MaiBasira said in a statement on Saturday that President Buhari and his party should be held to account for the escalation of the agitation, which threatens the unity and national security interests of Nigeria as an indivisible entity.

The PDP also urged the ruling party to ensure and guarantee an inclusive administration that will promote harmony among all sections of the country.

The party further notes the seemingly lack of any clear-cut policy direction that concerns the development, mainstreaming and inclusion of young people in the country by the Federal Government, a worrisome issue that brings to question APC’s campaign promise to generate and give 3 million jobs annually to Nigerian Youths.

“The fact that none of the President’s ministerial appointees confirmed by Senate is below 40 years also puts to question APC’s belief for the next generation of leaders, mentorship and transfer of responsibility. So far, the resultant effect of this lack of clear-cut policy is the stagnation of the economy and laying-off of thousands of people from their jobs.

“Rather than the use of force as an option which usually fails as a solution in this type of self inflicted socio political problem, President Buhari should as a matter of national interest and practical necessity, make haste to call representatives and leaders of the South East for discussions before the situation deteriorates”, the party said.

The PDP said President Buhari and his party should know that sidelining any section of the country is bound to generate unhealthy relations among all integral parts of the Nigerian people.

The party said that cohesion, development, prosperity and unity should be paramount in government policy and warned that unless and until all sections of the country are accommodated, certain sections will experience civil tension and agitations as a means of expressing their discontent.

“Finally, as young people who believe in the present and future stability of Nigeria; we urge President Buhari to see himself as the father of the nation and try to open his heart to all by carrying everybody along and through that, create enabling environment for peace, progress and development in the interest of all”, the statement said.

Signed

Hon. Abdullahi Maibasira.
National Youth Leader

1 Like

Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Maxi112: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
make I position my self here

1 Like

Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by holysina(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
hmmmmm ok

1 Like

Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
PDP are wise..

Or is it one of their antic preparations for the next election??

Either ways Biafrans got to be wiser...

because this responds has shown me that they are wise...

Unlike wike of rivers when same APC accused him of sponsoring Biafra protest began to talk Ill of the Biafrans in the state.

I commend PDP for taking this discussion a little bit higher....
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Vicotex(m): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
PDP are wise..
Unlike wike of rivers when same APC accused him of sponsoring Biafra protest began to talk Ill of the Biafrans in the state.
i Cosign these words

1 Like

Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by carnegiefan: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
Make I buy plot of land here

1 Like

Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by FreeGlobe(f): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
PDP are wise..

Wike has fired the media aide that released that statement. I will still give him the benefit of doubt
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Observant: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Reserved
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Philistine(m): 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Another trash from a fast sinking party.
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by LastSurvivor: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
Freedom is life-2face

no weapon fashioned against Biafrans will prosper in God's name..
Amen
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by speedyGonzales: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
PDP stop helping APC with good ideas, they didn't help you guys against Boko Haram!
Re: PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Wike has fired the media aide that released that statement. I will still give him the benefit of doubt

OK. Noted...

(1) (Reply)

(list)top 7 Least Educated Presidents In Africa / PDP Chieftain Olisa Metuh Spends First Night In EFCC Cell / Employment Racket At CBN Exposed, As Atiku's Daughter & Others Implicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.