Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,200 members, 7,873,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (380768 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
johnw47:

you love saying that because i post God's word which you don't believe

oh lying false jw, you have called Jesus-YAHWEH "a god" many times
and you of course don't believe all the scriptures i posted showing that Jesus is YAHWEH

ha ha, talk about twisting-lying and confusion
false jw onej, i did indeed explain the truth
and certinally not the confusion that you speak

false jw onej, you are so confused, such a false accuser, lie like hell, don't believe God's word,
and you are disturbed and tormented

but you deserve it smiley

Abeg make una ask this mumu brained fellow na who be him "Jesus-YAHWEH "?
johnw47, do U now see how your mumu brain works?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
OneJ:

Brother
Make they Explain Acts 4:24-30
How it come happen that someone's servant is that same person
or why did Jesus say we should pray to our father in The heavens if he is the one.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
OneJ:

Bro Abeg leave them Jare make them read Acts 4:24-30
Make them see How The apostles addresses Jehovah and Jesus
as well as 2peter 1:16-18
any sincere honest Hearted one will see that Jesus was a subject to Jehovah and everything Jesus become is given to him by Jehovah His father and Jesus Will eventually return these Glory to Jehovah 1corinthians 15:24-28
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
OneJ:

false jw onej, you know nothing at all, of course

and your(pic) you are still laughing on the edge of hysteria

Pro_26:11  As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
Crysthaniel:

Brother
Make they Explain Acts 4:24-30
How it come happen that someone's servant is that same person
or why did Jesus say we should pray to our father in The heavens if he is the one.

Crysthaniel:

Bro Abeg leave them Jare make them read Acts 4:24-30
Make them see How The apostles addresses Jehovah and Jesus
as well as 2peter 1:16-18
any sincere honest Hearted one will see that Jesus was a subject to Jehovah and everything Jesus become is given to him by Jehovah His father and Jesus Will eventually return these Glory to Jehovah 1corinthians 15:24-28

false jw cry, you keep showing that you have no understanding at all, just like your felow know nothings

false jw cry, you have been shown from the bible
that the Lord Jesus Christ is YAHWEH
but you reject God and His Word

here is just a couple of bible verses out of very many posted that you don't believe:

johnw47:

false jw cry, that bible reference you posted(Isa 43:10-12) to show that false jw's are God's peope
of course don't show that, but does show that Jesus is YAHWEH:

about YAHWEH:
Isa 43:10  Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 
Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour
Isa 43:12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

about Jesus:
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus is YAHWEH as this and the many bible verses i have posted here show

but you false jw who say the Word Jesus Christ is "a god" are of your father the devil:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
JESUS
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

YAHWEH
Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

ha ha to satans mob:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 1:52am On Nov 11, 2018
The meaning of These Bible verses is connected by Jesus himself read John 14:4-31
Jehovah gave Jesus These Authorities
also please read John 13:3
and in due time Jesus will return These Authorities back to Jehovah please read 1 Corinthians 15:27-28

But you have not answered my question about How Acts 4:24-30 shows that Jesus is the almighty
or why did Jesus teach His followers pray to our father in the Heaven if he's the one Matt 6:9
also try open to John 16:28 and ask your self can Jesus made this statement if really he was God?

the Bottom line is dat Jesus is The way, Jehovah is the destination..
any one that believe in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus will be saved by Jehovah.. in fact if you can research, Jesus name literally means 'Jehovah is salvation'
read 1 Timothy 2:5 Hebrews 9:14-15
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:05am On Nov 11, 2018
just from one page:

OneJ:
mumu brained

mumu brain

Onej:

Mumu brained

mumu.

mumu brain

mumu

OneJ:

mumu

OneJ:

mumu

false jw onej
that mumu brain must be some dish, your recipe no doubt smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:10am On Nov 11, 2018
Crysthaniel:
The meaning of These Bible verses is connected by Jesus himself read John 14:4-31
and in due time Jesus will return These Authorities back to Jehovah please read 1 Corinthians 15:27-28

But you're not answering the questions I have asked you ..I asked you to explain Acts 4:24-30
as to how this verse supports the fact that Jesus is the Almighty.. try explain
also give me a reason why Jesus taught His disciples to pray to Our father in the Heaven if he's the one Matt 6:9-13

false jw cry, of course you keep showing that you have no understanding
and don't believe God's word

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 2:22am On Nov 11, 2018
Crysthaniel:

But you have not answered my question about How Acts 4:24-30 shows that Jesus is the almighty
or why did Jesus teach His followers pray to our father in the Heaven if he's the one Matt 6:9
also try open to John 16:28 and ask your self can Jesus made this statement if really he was God?

the Bottom line is dat Jesus is The way, Jehovah is the destination..
any one that believe in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus will be saved by Jehovah.. in fact if you can research, Jesus name literally means 'Jehovah is salvation'
read 1 Timothy 2:5 Hebrews 9:14-15
See this?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 4:56am On Nov 11, 2018
Crysthaniel:

See this?

you false jw cry are blinded as can be, but then you are false jw, satans mob:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

johnw47:

onej, i'm not interisted in having lengthy discussions with those of satans mob,
of giving you bible lessons

johnw47:

oh still confused onej with brain like a sieve, i already told you i don't teach satans mob

johnw47:
oh confused, lying, blinded onej, for the third time:
of course i'm not interisted in teaching bible truth to satans mob

johnw47:
i don't help antichrists,
i give a little for the benefit of others reading

johnw47:

ask someone who cares about teaching satans mob:

blinded, lying, confused, hysterical, etc. etc. etc. ....funny
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:03am On Nov 11, 2018
i'm not here to teach satans mob
but to show up some of your lies
i'm doing a tremendous job at that

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:12am On Nov 11, 2018
those who call the Lord Jesus Christ "a god" hence "a false god",
do not deserve anything good, and God clearly allows their god satan to blind them
and to keep them in their lies:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2018
I didn't really expect you to understand my message, I suppose someone with a mental state of mind like your's, will always show the hidden agenda's, who the JW's really are behind the Seine.
"Well I suppose it would be to much for me to ask-since you have all the answers, :Not at all" but at least try to explain, what Jesus meant when He said: I and the Father are One?
Well since you are having trouble finding any scriptures that sounds, then explain" the meaning to these verses below?
{John 17:22-23} I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one—I IN THEM, AND YOU IN ME— that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.
Explain these verses, I IN THEM, AND YOU IN ME! what does this mean-God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. {1 Corinthians 2:10}
It is common sense to know, No flesh can enter into another man's flesh, I am sure the JW's have tried? The Holy Spirit entered into Mary, was in Elisabeth at the same time! This Proves God is everywhere at the same time!
Explain" why you refuse to believe God's Spirit was sent to the disciples, it was the Spirit of God that taught the gospel to the disciples, it was the same Spirit preforming miracles.
"Why did Jesus say: If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. and He go's on to say:The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, "for he lives with you and will be in you..{John 14:15-17
{The Watchtower sent in the big guns, another advocate to teach all knowledge concerning the watchtower!}
"You can't accept the Holy Spirit-because you believe the Spirit is an active force, in what way is He an active force?
One Punch can kill-one active force would be like one punch, or lighting hitting the ground at full force, so explain" Doctor Do Little, how did a active force react in the body of Mary and Elisabeth before giving birth 'and after?
I suppose you believe your Mama giving birth to you, you started the rumours about the big bang theory?
OneJ:
@ brocab:"It's simple, two spirits is flesh and God separated, Christ was never separated from the Father.. "
OMG, what a senseless falsehood !
"Two spirit is flesh and God separated"
Na where U read am for Bible?
All your posts na junk.
Shameless mumu LIAR.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2018
I take this as a yes!
johnw47:

i'm not here to teach satans mob
but to show up some of your lies
i'm doing a tremendous job at that
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2018
In the new testament their are many references to the role of the Spirit in bringing in God's Word! And you don't know any of them!
For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
This is deafeningly different from your Watchtower prophesies, men without the Spirit turned a nation upside down giving false prophesies when the world is going to end, 1925 the JW's sold their homes and hid in the mountains, many committed suicide..
The Prophets were moved by the Spirit {2 Peter 1:21} Who revealed the coming of the Messiah to them,{1 Peter 1:11} The message of the Prophets were God breathed {2 Timothy 3:16}
In the same way the New Testament authors were guided by the Holy Spirit in their writings {1 Corinthians 2:10} we call this work of the Spirit inspiration.
The same Spirit helps those who read God's Word, This work of the Spirit is also called illumination {1 Corinthians 2:10, John 16:14}
But you don't study nor do you read the Word of God, if you did 'you wouldn't be having your argument against me, and besides I am not expecting you to know the truth about Christ-you lie and do not seek the truth-you worship after another god: your brother, sister, mother, father in the Watchtower are of their father the devil! {John 8:44}
OneJ:
@brocab "if the disciples were filled with the Holy spirit, then it must mean, they become one spirit".
Gospel junk and mumu falsehood !
Na where U read am for Bible?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
I am not expecting the JW's to understand anything concerning the scriptures: but lets just pray 'just maybe someone in the flock of Watchtower lunatics, could understand how a Spirit can enter into the living..
{Matthew 8:28-32}When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon, possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.
{29} And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
{30} Now a good way off from them there was a herd of many swine feeding.
{31} So the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine.”
{32} And He said to them, “Go.” So when they had come out, they went into the herd of swine. And suddenly the whole herd of swine ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and perished in the water.
So the story say's Jesus sent the spirits into the herd of swine that ran into the sea-so the demonic spirits manage to control all the swine to run violently into the water? These demons controlled the swine to drown? "but you can't believe Jesus sent the Spirit of God to enter into more then one man at the same time, coming together in one accord to teach all truth about Christ in His Glory!
Another good example {Matthew 10:19-20} But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; {20} for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
These verses are as sure as it can get, if their is many of us, waiting trial, after the JW's have turned us over to the governor, the Spirit will speak in us in the last hour!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
brocab:
I am not expecting the JW's to understand anything concerning the scriptures: but lets just pray 'just maybe someone in the flock of Watchtower lunatics, could understand how a Spirit can enter into the living..
{Matthew 8:28-32}When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon, possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.
{29} And suddenly they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
{30} Now a good way off from them there was a herd of many swine feeding.
{31} So the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine.”
{32} And He said to them, “Go.” So when they had come out, they went into the herd of swine. And suddenly the whole herd of swine ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and perished in the water.
So the story say's Jesus sent the spirits into the herd of swine that ran into the sea-so the demonic spirits manage to control all the swine to run violently into the water? These demons controlled the swine to drown? "but you can't believe Jesus sent the Spirit of God to enter into more then one man at the same time, coming together in one accord to teach all truth about Christ in His Glory!
Another good example {Matthew 10:19-20} But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; {20} for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
These verses are as sure as it can get, if their is many of us, waiting trial, after the JW's have turned us over to the governor, the Spirit will speak in us in the last hour!

The holy spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35) God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.

In the Bible, the word “spirit” is translated from the Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma. Most often, those words refer to God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Genesis 1:2) However, the Bible also uses those words in other senses:

Breath.—Habakkuk 2:19; Revelation 13:15.

Wind.—Genesis 8:1; John 3:8.

The vital, or animating, force in living creatures.—Job 34:14, 15.

A person’s disposition or attitude.—Numbers 14:24.

Spirit persons, including God and the angels.—1 Kings 22:21; John 4:24.

These meanings all share the sense of something invisible to humans that produces visible effects. Similarly, the spirit of God, “like the wind, is invisible, immaterial and powerful.

The holy spirit is not a person

By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

The Bible gives the names of Jehovah God and of his Son, Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision

So Jesus Explelling demons in the Bible is that He's using Jehovah's power or spirit to perform this things -Luke 4:18-21
God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
so The thing is
1.God is a spirit John 4:24.
2.Holy spirit is God's power in action.micah 3:8 Genesis 1:1-3 Luke 1:35 Luke 4:18 Acts 1:8
3. Jehovah's Holy spirit (or power (in Action)) Helps God's people maintain their Loyalty to Him Galatians 5:22-23
also read Luke 24:49 John 15:26 Acts 2:4
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
{Matthew 15:8-9} ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.
{9}And in vain they worship Me,Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”
Crysthaniel:
By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.
{Luke 11:13} If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!
I suppose you haven't asked the Lord to receive His Spirit?
Crysthaniel:

The Bible gives the names of Jehovah God and of his Son, Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision
{Acts 7:55} But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit, to see such wonders! You don't see' because you don't believe, Stephen seen because he believed and he was filled in the Spirit-
So I suppose you haven't received the Holy Spirit-it's a deafened you don't have the Spirit to believe, Jesus made it clear to us, one must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God.
What does He mean one must be baptised of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit-it means they are One, I suppose where envy and strife are, there is confusion and every evil work, "you are so confused 'because you didn't ask Jesus to come to you in the first place!
So just by your own circulations-it is obvious Jehovah is not Jesus, but two completely different beings working together, so giving your heart to Jehovah is all you need!
So of course the bible must be a misprint-the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, are separated no matter what?
Crysthaniel:
By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it.
{Matthew 28:19} Teaches us to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
This is a collective reference to one Triune God. Also, we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit {Ephesians 4:30}The Spirit can be sinned against {Isaiah 63:10} and lied to {Acts 5:3} We are to obey Him {Acts 10:19–21} and honor Him {Psalm 51:11}
The person hood of the Holy Spirit is also affirmed by His many works. He was personally involved in creation {Genesis 1:2}, empowers God’s people {Zechariah 4:6} guides {Romans 8:14} comforts {John 14:26} convicts {John 16:8} teaches {John 16:13} restrains sin {Isaiah 59:19} and gives commands {Acts 8:29}. Each of these works requires the involvement of a person rather than a mere force, thing, or idea.
In {Acts 5:3–4} Peter referred to the Holy Spirit as God, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit.
”Paul likewise referred to the Holy Spirit as God in {2 Corinthians 3:17–18} stating, “Now the Lord is the Spirit.
We die of lack of knowledge-It is obvious why it is important to be baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
JW-allow us to pray, I Crysthaniel ask you Lord into my heart, I believe Jesus Christ is Lord and He died for my sins, save me lord, help me and keep me hole, in Jesus name, I believe you are divine, just as the Word of God had prescribe you to be, Lord you are my savour-and Father in Jesus name "Amen!

Crysthaniel:

The holy spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35) God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.

In the Bible, the word “spirit” is translated from the Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma. Most often, those words refer to God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Genesis 1:2) However, the Bible also uses those words in other senses:

Breath.—Habakkuk 2:19; Revelation 13:15.

Wind.—Genesis 8:1; John 3:8.

The vital, or animating, force in living creatures.—Job 34:14, 15.

A person’s disposition or attitude.—Numbers 14:24.

Spirit persons, including God and the angels.—1 Kings 22:21; John 4:24.

These meanings all share the sense of something invisible to humans that produces visible effects. Similarly, the spirit of God, “like the wind, is invisible, immaterial and powerful.

So Jesus Explelling demons in the Bible is that He's using Jehovah's power or spirit to perform this things -Luke 4:18-21
God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
About Creation read further in the Bible to get the meaning of Genesis 1:2 in Psalms 33:6 also Isaiah 40:26
Holy spirit is God's power in Action
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
personification doesn't guarantee personality
Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.” The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11) Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.So, likewise with John’s account
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
Crysthaniel:
personification doesn't guarantee personality
Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.” The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11) Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.So, likewise with John’s account
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
Confusion is getting to you, you never understood any of the above, because you haven't asked the Spirit to come to you to understand it, Why don't we pray and ask the Lord, if it is, His will to teach you?
You seem to think the Holy Spirit is a thing God uses anytime God needs Him, God is Spirit, the Holy Spirit is His own Spirit, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are One!
Crysthaniel:
About Creation read further in the Bible to get the meaning of Genesis 1:2 in Psalms 33:6 also Isaiah 40:26
Holy spirit is God's power in Action
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
baptism ‘in the name of the holy spirit’ implies recognition of that spirit as having its source in God and as exercising its function according to the divine will.
Compare Joel 2:28-29
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
{Joel 2:28-29} “And it shall come to pass afterward,
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Had you read, the Spirit is Gods Spirit!, So if the Spirit was a active force, then Jehovah is a active force..
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants-I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
Again God said: He will pour out His Spirit-is God a active force!
Crysthaniel:
baptism ‘in the name of the holy spirit’ implies recognition of that spirit as having its source in God and as exercising its function according to the divine will.
Compare Joel 2:28-29
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
of course Jehovah is not an active force.. this Will give us the proper view of John 4:24
He's a spirit person
Holy spirit is God's power in Action dats why Jehovah will 'pour' out his spirit or power to pples in d last days

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
A spirit person is different from Holy spirit
demons are spirit persons also 1kings 22:21 as well as Jesus John 3:13 and The Angels
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2018
brocab, i wouldn't waste any more time discussing crysthaniel's crazy beliefs if i were you:

https://www.nairaland.com/4781591/what-two-rainbows-same-time#71972959

https://www.nairaland.com/4781591/what-two-rainbows-same-time#72001292

it's just further proof of how God allows satan to blind those who hate the truth:

of course it would be fitting that a person who believes a rainbow could be a python
would also believe the Saviour of the whole world is "a god"
and that there are two god's, a almighty god and a mighty god:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

^^^
notice all churches of the saints,
saints come from many of the churches,
not from the falsw jw church though of course
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2018
He is completely nuts, right, how does he see the rainbow as a python, other words he sees his father the devil sliding on it's belly, so the rainbow Crysthaniel see's, is his drug debilitation program, allowing his imagination go wild.
Nothing good comes out of the JW's, they call themselves JW's but even then, they show no fruit to exist.
Their literature comes out of a comic book, while Dr Do Little talks with the animals, superman saves the day..
johnw47:
brocab, i wouldn't waste any more time discussing crysthaniel's crazy beliefs if i were you:

https://www.nairaland.com/4781591/what-two-rainbows-same-time#71972959

https://www.nairaland.com/4781591/what-two-rainbows-same-time#72001292

it's just further proof of how God allows satan to blind those who hate the truth:

of course it would be fitting that a person who believes a rainbow could be a python
would also believe the Saviour of the whole world is "a god"
and that there are two god's, a almighty god and a mighty god:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

^^^
notice all churches of the saints,
saints come from many of the churches,
not from the falsw jw church though of course
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2018
brocab:
{Joel 2:28-29} “And it shall come to pass afterward,
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Had you read, the Spirit is Gods Spirit!, So if the Spirit was a active force, then Jehovah is a active force..
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants-I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
Again God said: He will pour out His Spirit-is God a active force!

This is how to identify mumu brains soaked up with junk gospel of mumu doctrine.
U dey lie say God pour himself inside sons & daughters, old men & young men, men servants & maid servants.
According to your mumu, these persons done become "spirit" wey enter them.
No wonder Pilate convicted your "God" & hanged "him" on a tree..
God pour himself inside U, yet mumu ,falsehood & arrogance full your body like virus.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. ”How can you accomplish such a task, when you know yourself you don't really exist with the living.
You are dead in your trespass and sins, where you have chosen to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience.…
Before we surrender to the Holy Spirit’s urging, our spirits are dead to the things of God {Romans 8:8}
You are dead spiritually and have no way to make yourself alive, you are just as a corpse that cannot do anything to help yourself, so you cannot save yourselves or make a move to cleanse your sins, you cannot even produce the desire to obey God.
Crysthaniel:
of course Jehovah is not an active force.. this Will give us the proper view of John 4:24
He's a spirit person
Holy spirit is God's power in Action dats why Jehovah will 'pour' out his spirit or power to pples in d last days

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — What Is Your Answer? / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.