Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,112 members, 7,896,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:15 PM

Hello Isn't That Good. Set Fire To The Rain Is Actually Better. Really. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hello Isn't That Good. Set Fire To The Rain Is Actually Better. Really. (508 Views)

Audio | Healing Rain Is Falling Down By Michael W. Smith / Set Fire To The Rain (remix) / A Must Listen Hit Released By Msd The Rain Record Ceo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hello Isn't That Good. Set Fire To The Rain Is Actually Better. Really. by spittake: 1:33am On Nov 08, 2015
So everyone and anyone seems to have turned Adele’s latest single, “Hello” to their personal anthem(even those who have never been in relationships before) – except me. Is something wrong with me, or are “Set Fire To The Rain” and “Rolling In The Deep” better songs than Hello?

Seriously, the day the song was released, I saw it on so many people’s private message (or is it personal? PM sha) updates – either they were listening to it or they were gushing about it. Well I hadn’t heard the track and I’m usually the last to jump on the bandwagon, so I decided not to download it. But like everything Nigerians get addicted to/overly excited about (like Zee Cinemas and Shoprite), if I wasn’t going to find it, it was going to knock on my door at home, force entry and make itself comfortable. A friend cam visiting and barely had we finished exchanging pleasantries than he asked if I had heard Adele’s latest single. I told him I hadn't and he looked at me like I was Yaba left’s latest escapee. So in order to bring me back to the land of the sane, he took out his phone, started up his music player and selected the song.

As soon as the song started playing, his eyes just rolled back into his head like the hosts of heaven were serenading him and he had been transported to another realm. By the time the song was halfway through, my eyes were rolling – in their sockets. I mean, this cannot be seriously be considered Adele’s best work. “Set Fire To The Rain” and “Rolling In The Deep” were and still are powerful, deep songs capable of evoking strong emotions in me – and i’m one person that doesn't much catch emotions from songs. “Hello” sounded to me like “Someone Like You” with a faster tempo. I mean. What really is the big deal with that song?

I actually feel people think it’s this good because they've been suffering Adele-deprivation, not because Hello is better than either “Rolling In The Deep” or “Set Fire To The Rain”. Or even “Someone Like You” or “Rumor Has It.” Hello is a pretty good song, don’t get me wrong. But people need to get off it’s d**k already. Like seriously. I have a feeling when the album drops we might find better songs on it self. But for now, I still have Set Fire To The Rain and Rolling In The Deep in my music Library. Hello remains conspicuously missing. Look at me like I’m crazy all you want. I said it already.

Feel free to leap into your closest lagoon. tongue

http://mag.upbuzzed.com/2015/11/08/hello-isnt-that-good-set-fire-to-the-rain-is-better-really/

Cc:Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Adele - Hello / Online/offline Music Promoter Needed / Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.