Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,377 members, 7,950,803 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

The Lie About Man's Age Limit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie About Man's Age Limit. (819 Views)

Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by menxer: 6:41am On Nov 08, 2015
I was jolted out of my reverie as I contemplated Gen 6:2, and I asked myself who changed the age limit of man from 120 years to 80 years?

Gen 6:3[b]
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."[/b]

The question is why do we choose to preach Psalm 90:10?
Which says:

KJV: The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

NIV: Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

I am aware the calender as we have today has been changed over time to fit the purposes of the powers that be, as it were, the Roman Catholic Church. And the mathematical truth that Psam 90:10 shared with Gen 6:3 was buried under a mountain of dogma.

Thus, man so indoctrinated hacked his age limit to 80 years of a contrite psalmist against the stipulated, default factory limit of 120 years as set by God.

Though in compliance with Gen 6:3, in modern times, "the greatest fully authenticated age to which any human has ever lived is 122 years 164 days by Jeanne Louise Calment (France). Born on 21 February 1875 to Nicolas (1837 - 1931) and Marguerite (neƩ Gilles 1838 - 1924), Jeanne died at a nursing home in Arles, southern France on 4 August 1997."
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-person

Whereas our optimistic and inspirational preachers aim for the half moon of four score years and not the full moon of one hundred and twenty years. Why?

Who fixed a score to be twenty instead of thirty?
How are we sure in the mathematical theorems of the ancients a score was not equal to thirty?

...For if we accept a score to equal thirty, then Gen 6:3 and Psalm 90:10 are in sync.

Come let us reason together, whose report are we to believe?
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by Highcuerayte: 7:02am On Nov 08, 2015
Those words my brother are figurative expression. I have people in my village living up to 190 years

1 Like

Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by Sweetyie(f): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2015
Spacebooking, lemme go to church first
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by sinkhole: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2015
In my own interpretation, the fruitful age limit is around 70 plus or minus 10 and anything after that is useless, you simply become liability to the world! And most likely you will die by the age of 120 plus or minus something too!
God also know about tolerance grin
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by menxer: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Those words my brother are figurative expression. I have people in my village living up to 190 years

My brother it's on record that some men lived far beyond that age limit.

the question is why do we chose to believe man's age was limited to 80 and not 120 years at the very least?
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by menxer: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2015
sinkhole:
In my own interpretation, the fruitful age limit is around 70 plus or minus 10 and anything after that is useless, you simply become liability to the world! And most likely you will die by the age of 120 plus or minus something too!
God also know about tolerance grin

Don't let what you believe become a prison... the same power that sustained you to 70 years can keep you in active service till 969 years, or more.
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by Highcuerayte: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2015
menxer:

My brother it's on record that some men lived far beyond that age limit.

the question is why do we chose to believe man's age was limited to 80 and not 120 years at the very least?

Since we have men living above that age,you will reason with me Scriptures quoted are being misinterpreted. For if they are not no one will live above that age.I submit then,that above Scriptures have nothing to do with human life span.
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by menxer: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Since we have men living above that age,you will reason with me Scriptures quoted are being misinterpreted. For if they are not no one will live above that age.I submit then,that above Scriptures have nothing to do with human life span.

It has everything to do with human life span, for "as a man thinketh so is he".

A surgeon wouldn't know what to do in a theater (not entertainment hall grin) if not for years of being conditioned to think and see (mentally) in a certain way.

We have been conditioned the same way for centuries to think of dying by 80 years that our body starts shutting down as we approach that age.
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by Highcuerayte: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
menxer:

It has everything to do with human life span, for "as a man thinketh so is he".

A surgeon wouldn't know what to do in a theater if not for years of being conditioned to think and see (mentally) in a certain way.

We have been conditioned the same way for centuries to think of dying by 80 years that our body starts shutting down as we approach that age.

If it concerns age then you are telling me God is a lier?
Re: The Lie About Man's Age Limit. by menxer: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
If it concerns age then you are telling me God is a lier?

How can God(?) be a liar?

Read the post again, and bible references.

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways ISIS Roots Its Actions In Religion / Seed Of Destiny Devotional Pastor Paul Eneche / Donald Trump Has Called Pope Francis'disgraceful' For Saying He's Not Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.