Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:56 AM

TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds (24183 Views)

Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel / Water Ministry Budgets N4bn For Research In 2017 Budget / CBN Fines FIRST BANK And UBA Billions For TSA Hiding NNPC FUNDS!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Kingbilo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Fines fines everywhere..

Seems this is our new method of revenue generation.. Taxing all business owners into submission and scaring the rest away from Nigeria

It's funny how CBN was always the first to trot out the line of Nigeria being the biggest and fastest growing economy.. In truth part of that is down to the lack of regulations within the country lol.

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Now the customers would suffer it...

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by BookieMan: 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Most or rather all banks in Nigeria are not offering banking operations/solutions in the real sense of it.

They are basically using government to do business: buying of stocks, treasury bills, bonds etc and even borrowing govt their very own money neglecting the real sectors of the economy.

Time to sit up. Curiously most bankers in Nigeria are just 'teller', 'addition and subtraction' bankers. Investment banking is alien to them.

8 Likes

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by samjt004: 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
N“ce
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by femimailbox(m): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
I
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by godwin120alex: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Why does dis banks keep disregarding CBN order ? All I see is more bankers losing their jobs then unemployment go full everywhere.I'm so so afraid oooo even in my offix we are anticipating a lot next year . May God save us
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by arabaribiti(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mass sacking to follow in skye bank
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by ThePENGENIUS(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
VOTE FOR ME PLEASE! DON'T SCROLL PAST! cry cry cry cry cry
http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/fallen-petals
Please I need your help. My Etisalat Flash Fiction Entry has finally made it through the approval stage. Now it's time to vote. I've got nowhere else to go. Nairaland is the only online family I've got. Please brothers, do this for me. If everyone that reads this takes the (one time) pain to vote, I'm quite certain that I'll win this. Remember it could be you tomorrow! If I win, it will be because of YOU and YOU solely! Come on NL let's do this. wink wink
Make una help me as una take help airforce1 career. grin grin grin
For those that's already voted, E se gan o!

PS: their server is kinda slow, so be patient. After voting, If you've got extra time you could tap any of the share buttons in the vote page, to share via facebook or twitter, that counts too.

cc: ishilove, lalasticlala, tosyne2much, obinoscopy, eroticangela, funlord, ladyF, and everyone in the NL family.

Please help me win this thing!
cool cool
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by vacanci: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
fizzy4luv:
That fine is far too small, 10% of such an hefty amount won't discourage other banks from doing such next time. I'm sure skye bank treasury would have make good use of the money for the duration of illegal concealment. I'm sure the float on such hefty amount itself will pay the fine not minding short term ROI the fund would have yielded.

Paying 10% for 1 month default is very good. it amount to 120% for 1 year. The 10% will only make sense to the bank if they keep the 40B Naira for one year.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Osyxcel(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
MTN #1.04tn

Skye #4bn

It seems reducing business owners profit/equity is one of the ways this administration intends to increase revenue undecided

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by aspirebig: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
We are in the era of paying fine.

By when will government agencies, commissions, ministries etc not meeting up to public expectations start paying their own fines?

Most of us know that many of them are way behind in terms of effectiveness, efficiency, good tim management, good leadership skills, training and development, recruitment process, etc.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by bettercreature(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
erekoshe:
Soon they'll roll back the TSA, where's the substitute?? You wanna kill the banks because you're fighting corruption?? Give them an alternative to sustain their business.. In the long run, the low level staff get fired not the top management and the banks start crumbling again. The CBN is even more corrupt than the commercial banks, when last did CBN recruit openly? Only via kits and kin...no transparency in anything they do and you wanna clean up a corrupt banking sector.

Let the CBN clean up her corrupt mess fully and then clean up the commercial banks, then TSA will make sense. For now, the repercussion will be enormous on the economy... Time shall tell
So you are supporting bank fraud?

3 Likes

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by wink2015(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
[size=20pt]Apart from the political class that rip us off of our petro-dollar earning. Another sector that contribute to the downfall of our economy is the banking sectors. Most of our senior bankers often engage in corrupt practices by helping politician to store their loots, launder their loots and so on.
The federal government has ruled that TSA should be the rules as far as government banking is concern but Nigerian banking official are thwarting government rules.

They should now know that it is a new era now. It was MTN of South Africa, First bank of Nigeria, UBA, now it is Skye bank.

More will fall a prey. You can not be bigger than the government.

I pray that state governors and local government chairmen should see the light and start practising the TSA.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
GOOD!
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by free2ryhme: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
This hammer is bad grin
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Enesi47: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Young03:
Mtcheew nonsense

d one wey first bank pay wetin them use d moni do

c as i de suffer like say i de prison

even garri to drink, no see
may God punish all Niaja political leaders, useless people's
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by homirefacuny(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
These banks are idiots.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by musicwriter(m): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
There's this sad prospect that no matter what the CBN do, some banks will still manage to hide some monies from the Federal government.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by homirefacuny(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Osyxcel:
MTN #1.04tn

Skye #4bn

It seems reducing business owners profit/equity is one of the ways this administration intends to increase revenue undecided
Are the establishments innocent of the charges?? Yes or No??

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Lakeland4321: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
fizzy4luv:
That fine is far too small, 10% of such an hefty amount won't discourage other banks from doing such next time. I'm sure skye bank treasury would have make good use of the money for the duration of illegal concealment. I'm sure the float on such hefty amount itself will pay the fine not minding short term ROI the fund would have yielded.
It is not true, they are most likely cursing their luck because the most that fund would have yielded is 30% for one year, but here they are paying 10% within a few months. Some heads will surely roll for this poor mgt advise.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by estherdim: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
season of fining

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by yomi007k(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
godwin120alex:
Why does dis banks keep disregarding CBN order ? All I see is more bankers losing their jobs then unemployment go full everywhere.I'm so so afraid oooo even in my offix we are anticipating a lot next year . May God save us
Bros don't be afraid.

All ds money CBN,NCC, n FG is fining ds offenders will be used to create other jobs or properly manage existing jobs.

DISCIPLINE must be attained in all Sectors.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by nigeriancuban: 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
lol,Skye bank?? Hope they don't bankrupt after paying the fine coz that bamk doesn't seem like a very boyant bank to me......excluding the deposit at cbn ooo
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible are Black people (Bantu) of Africa.
Song of Solomon 1:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
I AM BLACK, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I AM BLACK, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
  click, read , and like my Facebook Page for more information--- http://m.facebook.com/Hebrew-Israelite-Philosophy-810628495726004/
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by busolakun(m): 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
We should all cooperate to make the TSA work and shall be to our advantage. Corruption is an ill-wind that blow nothing good to anybody. Iam in support of the fine and stiff sanction.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by omogin(f): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
I am so loving this. MDAs and their CEOs are thieves. Pls CBN examiners come and examine federal ministry of health o and tertiary health institutions
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Young03:
Mtcheew nonsense

d one wey first bank pay wetin them use d moni do

c as i de suffer like say i de prison

even garri to drink, no see
and U'll continue to ssuffer as u have refused being reasonable...

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by codedguy1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
They should all go and pay including MTN.

Laws should be obeyed!
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by irondome: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Osyxcel:
MTN #1.04tn

Skye #4bn

Posts like this amaze me so much. Do you guys post just to antagonize a government? So you are rather happy with an era where everyone flouts corporate regulations with impunity? Na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by MrDavidson: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Now, this is what we call "action". FG threatened to sanction those who flout the rule, and it's living up to it. One of the reasons the US is so rich today, is because of the fines (in billions of dollars) it gets from erring companies.
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by McAustin92(m): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Guy u dey mad abi...so u wan mak den dey send u free airtime abi...thunder fire yuh n ur cheap scam
Re: TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Since the tsa took effects civil servants and govt retirees have not being receiving their salaries at the end of the month.They receive bank alerts on payment of their salaries on 10th to 15th of the following month.Businesses have been slowing down like baba go-slow.No exchange of goods and services because of non availability of cash.This change is having negative impact on every household.Baba go-slow do something!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency: Northern Elders Move Against Obasanjo / Border Closure: Obasanjo Says Benin Republic Must Mend Its Ways With Nigeria / PDP Presidential Campaign In Jalingo, Taraba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.