Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,625 members, 7,918,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:34 PM

5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest (1404 Views)

Pictures Of The Burnt Ariaria Police Station By Ipob Youths / Arewa Youths Should Be Put In Chains And Flogged Very Hard - Femi Fani-kayode / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 12:59am On Nov 09, 2015
I'm from abia state, born and brought up in ABA. and i believe that in any chaotic atmosphere it is proper for a man to retreat and put brains ahead of balls. the events i witnessed in my state between 2014 and 2015 makes me to really shake my head when i see the kind off behavior some igbo youths exhibit in face of situations that require thorough articulation. nevertheless there is a new brewing issue in this part of the country "the biafra emancipation". i don't know if these protesters have considered certain factors before joining the band-wagon anyways i think if they reason the following they MIGHT have a rethink.

1. the igbos are divided among themselves: yes they are! in a kindred if someone is really progressing the kinsmen starts to get jealous it is pure igbo thing and that is one thing that brings enmity among them. in the political scene igbos don't go with one voice because they want to compete among themselves at the end no one outshines the other. if para venture one gets to the top he forgets the other. example in the first republic two igbo men were president and senate presidents - Nnamdi Azikiwe and Nwafor Oritzu respectively in the second Dr Alex Ekwueme was Vice president from 1999-2007 we all know how many igbo men were senate presidents in the fourth republic and how they helped "improve the region" with their positions. recently in my state. prior to the last governorship election two igbo men (brothers) divided the state into two lives were lost, people were threatened and intimated one wont bow for the other to go through if they have had the interest of the common man at heart. so now tell me how do you think a man from Nsukka will feel if an Ngwa man is a president (in biafra)?? obviously he will still come up with the argument "he is favoring the ngwa people and neglecting nsukka people.

2. no igbo elite or technocrat has voiced support for the IPOB movement: notable igbo elites like the ubas....nnamanis...ezeifes...ekwumes...etc have kept mum on the whole issue that have not even ringed any bell in the protesters eye, because these men know what to do with their time and resources. while young and vibrant though poor and ill-educated are brainwashed to join the course. if they are in unionism at least igbo lawmakers at the national assembly and other top and influential igbos would have devised their own means of protest.

3. CALLING NIGERIA A ZOO AND YOU ARE INSIDE IT! i think this nnamdi kanu guy has a strong hold on these people's brain he was in London through his radio started calling Nigeria a zoo and some certain people he called monkeys and baboons and funny enough the igbos are scattered all over the country are doing business with monkeys and baboons, the groundnut,sugar,millet,wheat onions etc... that you eat you bought them from baboons and monkeys and wait the monkeys and baboons as they said have been ruling Nigeria since independence?? so who are the real animals now in a zoo?. because me i have not seen a zoo were animals rule over human beings and the human beings are begging the animals to grant them them freedom. like seriously

4. using abusive and hate speeches on certain religious group: i understand that the man told them that biafra is not or rather igbos are Jews and as such they shouldn't be Christians rather they should embrace the Jewish religion i guess he achieved these by criticizing certain Christians denominations and their doctrines....so how will they get the religious or spiritual support??

5. failure to perceive reality....their then vice president already declared that "the republic of biafra henceforth ceases to exist" back in 1970 and "we are part of the one indivisible country - nigeria" at least that's one accord that have made the FG and the international community as some group of people that are misguided. again of all the south east states that enjoy the 13% derivation as oil producing state, how many have shown any reasonable or tangible legacy achieved with the incentive?? and i believe is wrong for one to say igbos/biafrans are marginalized in this country, very wrong since the end of the civil war till date which position have the biafrans not enjoined? if the south south is part of biafra then is clear that the previous president is a biafran!. hence what question being raised by the biafran movement movement haven't received a soothing answer yet?

the igbos are their own problem, if nigeria has a really bad economy that nothing can work why then has the likes of orji uzor, ifeanyi uba, cosmas maduka, tony elumelu, arthur eze, uche ogar and co who are pure igbo men thrived in that economy? that you have not made it in life is not a reason for you to blame a country those that are making it did they agitate for biafra before they became what they are today!
men lets drop the placards and face reality....don't forget brains before balls....i am chekwas and i just want to make common sense.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Trut(m): 1:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Rubbish... You can write epistle till eternity, it will not stop real Biafrans from agitating for Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 1:25am On Nov 09, 2015
Sexologist:
You made more than common sense.... and I see all these as trash........ brainwashed youths everywhere! I wish I wasn't even nigerian sometimes, cos the whole African thing is killing.... Africans are animals!

me2....a times i wish i grew up in a more civilized society...people keep looking for who to blame (they wont look at the mirror)
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 09, 2015
phrankchek:
I'm from abia state, born and brought up in ABA. and i believe that in any chaotic atmosphere it is proper for a man to retreat and put brains ahead of balls. the events i witnessed in my state between 2014 and 2015 makes me to really shake my head when i see the kind off behavior some igbo youths exhibit in face of situations that require thorough articulation. nevertheless there is a new brewing issue in this part of the country "the biafra emancipation". i don't know if these protesters have considered certain factors before joining the band-wagon anyways i think if they reason the following they MIGHT have a rethink.

1. the igbos are divided among themselves: yes they are! in a kindred if someone is really progressing the kinsmen starts to get jealous it is pure igbo thing and that is one thing that brings enmity among them. in the political scene igbos don't go with one voice because they want to compete among themselves at the end no one outshines the other. if para venture one gets to the top he forgets the other. example in the first republic two igbo men were president and senate presidents - Nnamdi Azikiwe and Nwafor Oritzu respectively in the second Dr Alex Ekwueme was Vice president from 1999-2007 we all know how many igbo men were senate presidents in the fourth republic and how they helped "improve the region" with their positions. recently in my state. prior to the last governorship election two igbo men (brothers) divided the state into two lives were lost, people were threatened and intimated one wont bow for the other to go through if they have had the interest of the common man at heart. so now tell me how do you think a man from Nsukka will feel if an Ngwa man is a president (in biafra)?? obviously he will still come up with the argument "he is favoring the ngwa people and neglecting nsukka people.

2. no igbo elite or technocrat has voiced support for the IPOB movement: notable igbo elites like the ubas....nnamanis...ezeifes...ekwumes...etc have kept mum on the whole issue that have not even ringed any bell in the protesters eye, because these men know what to do with their time and resources. while young and vibrant though poor and ill-educated are brainwashed to join the course. if they are in unionism at least igbo lawmakers at the national assembly and other top and influential igbos would have devised their own means of protest.

3. CALLING NIGERIA A ZOO AND YOU ARE INSIDE IT! i think this nnamdi kanu guy has a strong hold on these people's brain he was in London through his radio started calling Nigeria a zoo and some certain people he called monkeys and baboons and funny enough the igbos are scattered all over the country are doing business with monkeys and baboons, the groundnut,sugar,millet,wheat onions etc... that you eat you bought them from baboons and monkeys and wait the monkeys and baboons as they said have been ruling Nigeria since independence?? so who are the real animals now in a zoo?. because me i have not seen a zoo were animals rule over human beings and the human beings are begging the animals to grant them them freedom. like seriously

4. using abusive and hate speeches on certain religious group: i understand that the man told them that biafra is not or rather igbos are Jews and as such they shouldn't be Christians rather they should embrace the Jewish religion i guess he achieved these by criticizing certain Christians denominations and their doctrines....so how will they get the religious or spiritual support??

5. failure to perceive reality....their then vice president already declared that "the republic of biafra henceforth ceases to exist" back in 1970 and "we are part of the one indivisible country - nigeria" at least that's one accord that have made the FG and the international community as some group of people that are misguided. again of all the south east states that enjoy the 13% derivation as oil producing state, how many have shown any reasonable or tangible legacy achieved with the incentive?? and i believe is wrong for one to say igbos/biafrans are marginalized in this country, very wrong since the end of the civil war till date which position have the biafrans not enjoined? if the south south is part of biafra then is clear that the previous president is a biafran!. hence what question being raised by the biafran movement movement haven't received a soothing answer yet?

the igbos are their own problem, if nigeria has a really bad economy that nothing can work why then has the likes of orji uzor, ifeanyi uba, cosmas maduka, tony elumelu, arthur eze, uche ogar and co who are pure igbo men thrived in that economy? that you have not made it in life is not a reason for you to blame a country those that are making it did they agitate for biafra before they became what they are today!
men lets drop the placards and face reality....don't forget brains before balls....i am chekwas and i just want to make common sense.

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 1:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Trut:
Rubbish... You can write epistle till eternity, it will not stop real Biafrans from agitating for Biafra.

why are they agitating?? is it because their is no biafra that Emeka Worgu failed to improve ariaria market when he was the minister of labour and productivity? is it because their is no biafra that fabian osuji failed to approve a single fed uni, poly or COED to be built in the south east when he was the minister of education?? is it because their is no biafra aba south LGA chairman have failed to repair any of the trunk C roads in the area...but yet collect levies?? maybe they wanted to do it a northerner told them not to that they shouldn't do anything for their igbo brothers.

"real biafrans" would there be a division between real and fake biafrans in the proposed new country??

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by basilo101: 1:59am On Nov 09, 2015
Bros go sleep abeg. we will forever uphold the culture of meritocracy and competition
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2015
Trut:

Real biafrans ? We only know of brainwashed ibo clowns

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Seuncoded(f): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2015
U're Right
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Satisfier(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2015
How much bribe did they pay you, to spill out this trash .

Viva Biafra

Biafra has come to stay
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Satisfier(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=imhotep post=39825214][/quote]

How much bribe did they pay you to spill out this trash
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by JustOzito(f): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2015
phrankchek:

Op, please enlighten me on how many of the elites in the north have spoken on the Boko haram issue. Betrayal is not found in a particular group of people. It never wrong for a group of people to agitate for sometin dat dey belive.
The northerners have been ruling us for more than 50yrs but are still recorded as the poorest states with the highest beggars.
Wen biafra is achieved, we can deal personally with our leaders. The zoogerians are happy dat our so called elites are corrupt and gullible dats y dey draw dem close and try to bribe dem so they won't say a word, even if d marginalization is glaring.
Op please go get a job and leave Biafra for the Biafrans. If truly ur an igbo man u can relocate and be in exile. I promise, u won't be missed.
THE SUN SHALL RISE. Proudly Biafran

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Money40: 8:21am On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=JustOzito post=39829343]
Op, please enlighten me on how many of the elites in the north have spoken on the Boko haram issue. Betrayal is not found in a particular group of people. It never wrong for a group of people to agitate for sometin dat dey belive.
The northerners have been ruling us for more than 50yrs but are still recorded as the poorest states with the highest beggars.
Wen biafra is achieved, we can deal personally with our leaders. The zoogerians are happy dat our so called elites are corrupt and gullible dats y dey draw dem close and try to bribe dem so they won't say a word, even if d marginalization is glaring.
Op please go get a job and leave Biafra for the Biafrans. If truly ur an igbo man u can relocate and be in exile. I promise, u won't be missed.
THE SUN SHALL RISE. Proudly Biafran [/quote are you listening to that fool I have seen how the north love them selves by bombing there brother and sisters Op is a goat

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 09, 2015
Satisfier:

How much bribe did they pay you to spill out this trash
Please go and buy ewa agoyin for yourself with this money.
I know that hunger is contributing to your frustration.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by JustOzito(f): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=Money40 post=39830032][/quote] Lwkmd... I tot he was a baboon anyway thanks for the info
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by kingzizzy: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
phrankchek:

1] Yes Igbos are divided, but is every ethnic group in Nigeria. I'm sure that even in your own family, there is some sort of division. There is no such thing 100% unity any where in the world. One of biggest causes of Igbo division is Nigeria its self.

2]Of course the technocrats, businessmen, politicians and so on won't come out publicly to identify with Biafra. Some of them are the ones benefiting from the rot called Nigeria. You expect an politician with his eyes on money and power to support Biafra? Another thing is that that those of the elite who secretly support Biafra cannot come out to publicly do so because of fear of persecution. Nigeria is an oppressive state and identifying with Biafra can bring disastrous consequencies. Biafra is not an elitist movement.

3]Calling Nigeria a zoo is an figurative expression of thought. Evey Nigerian has called Nigeria much worse names than this when things are bad. The fact that Igbos are scattered about everywhere does not mean they necessarily be in the same country with those people. I have done business with a Chinese man, I have done business with an Indian man. But I do not want to be a Chinese or Indian citizen. I don't see why I have to be a Nigerian citizen to do something mutually beneficial with a Yoruba and Hausa man.

4] You may not believe it but hate speech is not a crime. Nobody gets charged to court for making hate speech. The constitution allows us all freedom of speech, wether it be hate or not.

5]The only reality on the ground is that it is not for Lord Lugard to come from Britain to make the Igbo man a "Nigerian". It is the God given right of us Igbos to decide who we are. Wether Biafran or Nigerian.I do not believe that the Igbo man is better of in Nigeria than Biafra. The Igbo man gains nothing from Nigeria. Nigeria is a forced marriage and we Biafrans want to get out of it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Cybertext(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2015
Op... Your third point tho...(funny die), the reality on ground is people are easily brainwashed especially we blacks... Trust me when war starts all this big men will move abroad with their families, the less privilege will continue to bare the brunt...
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Wenebadu(f): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2015
phrankchek:

why are they agitating?? is it because their is no biafra that Emeka Worgu failed to improve ariaria market when he was the minister of labour and productivity? is it because their is no biafra that fabian osuji failed to approve a single fed uni, poly or COED to be built in the south east when he was the minister of education?? is it because their is no biafra aba south LGA chairman have failed to repair any of the trunk C roads in the area...but yet collect levies?? maybe they wanted to do it a northerner told them not to that they shouldn't do anything for their igbo brothers.

"real biafrans" would there be a division between real and fake biafrans in the proposed new country??
my guy tell dem,teach dem infact lecture dem....
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Wenebadu(f): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Can they leave the Niger delta region out of this their Biafra madness??na question i ask oh
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 09, 2015
kingzizzy:

1] Yes Igbos are divided, but is every ethnic group in Nigeria. I'm sure that even in your own family, there is some sort of division. There is no such thing 100% unity any where in the world. One of biggest causes of Igbo division is Nigeria its self.

2]Of course the technocrats, businessmen, politicians and so on won't come out publicly to identify with Biafra. Some of them are the ones benefiting from the rot called Nigeria. You expect an politician with his eyes on money and power to support Biafra? Another thing is that that those of the elite who secretly support Biafra cannot come out to publicly do so because of fear of persecution. Nigeria is an oppressive state and identifying with Biafra can bring disastrous consequencies. Biafra is not an elitist movement.

3]Calling Nigeria a zoo is an figurative expression of thought. Evey Nigerian has called Nigeria much worse names than this when things are bad. The fact that Igbos are scattered about everywhere does not mean they necessarily be in the same country with those people. I have done business with a Chinese man, I have done business with an Indian man. But I do not want to be a Chinese or Indian citizen. I don't see why I have to be a Nigerian citizen to do something mutually beneficial with a Yoruba and Hausa man.

4] You may not believe it but hate speech is not a crime. Nobody gets charged to court for making hate speech. The constitution allows us all freedom of speech, wether it be hate or not.

5]The only reality on the ground is that it is not for Lord Lugard to come from Britain to make the Igbo man a "Nigerian". It is the God given right of us Igbos to decide who we are. Wether Biafran or Nigerian.I do not believe that the Igbo man is better of in Nigeria than Biafra. The Igbo man gains nothing from Nigeria. Nigeria is a forced marriage and we Biafrans want to get out of it.

see this one o. hate speech is not a crime abi?

what about inciting others to violence against a state.

he should thank his god that its not in another country, they probably woûld havè shot him by now
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 10:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Soo everything is now bribery? And come to think of
Has any south east state governor ever come out before and complain that the federal government has denied them annual allocation?? Yet states like ebonyi state even look more like a primitive zoo or is it the northerners that are bribing eboyians from developing their state??

And yes using hate speeches against people is actionable.... Slander libel or any form of defamation is actionable because people hide behind their keyboard and type whatever they like and claim freedom of speech go to a courtroom they lecture you on how to use that freedom
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2015
Wenebadu:
Can they leave the Niger delta region out of this their Biafra madness??na question i ask oh

If I am from Niger delta definitely I won't join the crusade for a new country knowing how possessive and greedy we igbos are . imagine a man from minor boki..ogoja or even anang to come and rule over millions of igbos in Biafra . iffa hear!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by kingzizzy: 10:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Ioannes:

see this one o. hate speech is not a crime abi?

what about inciting others to violence against a state.

he should thank his god that its not in another country, they probably woûld havè shot him by now

You can incite someone to violence against a state but if the action is not carried out then there is no crime. Have you listend to hardcore gangster rappers? Some of them incite people to commit all manner of violent crimes from armed robbery to rape in their music. Have you ever heard about any of them being arrested for what they say on their songs? Inciting a person to violence is not a crime.
Re: 5 Reasons Why IPOB Youths Should Stop Protest by phrankchek(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2015
kingzizzy:

You can incite someone to violence against a state but if the action is not carried out then there is no crime. Have you listend to hardcore gangster rappers? Some of them incite people to commit all manner of violent crimes from armed robbery to rape in their music. Have you ever heard about any of them being arrested for what they say on their songs? Inciting a person to violence is not a crime.

Visit any legal chamber and get educated on what a crime is and what it is not. Then come and edit this thing you wrote here

(1) (Reply)

The Moment You Attend Your Wicked Uncle's Burial ###pic###photo### / Ngeneukwuenu Is From South West / Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.