Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

‘left For Good’ Confirms Tiwa Savage, Omawumi Would Be Bigger Than Waje - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ‘left For Good’ Confirms Tiwa Savage, Omawumi Would Be Bigger Than Waje (762 Views)

Waje Ft Yemi Alade – "I’m Available" (audio) / AFRIMMA 2016 Awards Winners' List: Tiwa Savage & Yemi Alade Turn Biggest Losers / Don Jazzy Confirms Tiwa Savage’s Management Deal With Roc Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘left For Good’ Confirms Tiwa Savage, Omawumi Would Be Bigger Than Waje by agentd: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
‘I hate to be #2,’ – Famous words of the big man, Mr. Tajuddeen Adepetu.

I have found out reasons why Waje featured Patoranking on ‘Left for Good’ and some more. Waje is a very talented person but with that talent and great music that she has made since breaking out with ‘Do Me,’ there has also been something off. I had this conversation weeks ago with a colleague (doubt he’d want to have his name mentioned here) – who happened to (still?) works on her team and he shed some light on all the things I ‘sensed.’

After a long conversation while I was buying new car tires, we bought agreed that these are the reasons why Waje while so close to superstardom – never or has not got there. Like my boss would say (paraphased): ‘Making money is good but when i am number 2 even with money, I have failed.’

Waje is always #2. So I channel my Waje and I am giving you 5 reasons – albeit wrong/failed why Patoranking was featured on ‘Left for Good,’ on her behalf (of course, expect Dro to pop once a while)

Get into the list:

wajexpato

1. The question is why is Waje competiting for fanbase with SeyiShay or Tiwa Savage when she is almost on a level with Omawumi. Two different focus, which explains why ‘Right now’ was a huge track on Tiwa’s hiatus – a song where Seyi Shay is relatable even with the borrowed Sade Adu lyrics and her sexiness does not feel forced – all she needed to break from the Tiwa shadow and score a critical acclaim. A Seyi Shay reminds you of Tiwa Savage (now a Chidinma reminds you of Yemi Alade) and a Waje use to remind us of Omawumi while they both remind us of some of the greatest vocalist ever – It was fair.

But ‘Coco Baby’, ‘Onye’ and ‘Left for Good’ are identity crisis. Sorry that was all Dro Ameh, channeling Waje to the fore:

Tiwa Savage before she left to give birth was the hottest thing on the radar, this was Waje’s chance to get a piece of her slice but Seyi Shay is making this hard then why not try a collaboration with Patoranking the way she, Shay started. Nice?

Reason 2. Need to play with Corporate Nigeria cue in – losing Glo deal. Albums no dey sell. You taste big money once, it gets taken away and you see the need to re-strategize – maybe for a MTN or airtel deal, if only porting is getting major ad cash still. She needs to make them want her, I suppose.

3. Almost desperate desire for a pop anthem.

culled from http://droameh.com/index.php/2015/11/09/5-wrong-reasons-why-waje-feat-patoranking-on-left-for-good/

(1) (Reply)

LYRICS : Olamide – ABULE SOWO / Brand New MUSIC Falz Ft Tekno X Skales – 406 Na D Code / Audio: Download DANCE By MR S.P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.