Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,499 members, 7,885,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

64 Bits Operating System Ans Downloads - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 64 Bits Operating System Ans Downloads (615 Views)

How To Reduce Data Consumption In Windows 8.1 (disable BITS) / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

64 Bits Operating System Ans Downloads by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 14, 2009
i just got an hp dv5-1235dx n its so hard to get any software on it,even an antivirus cos its 64bits and dey keep telling me most of them are in 32bits.who has any advice and where i can also get free download for 64bit stuffs.really need skype,opera and messenger but can't get any of them
Re: 64 Bits Operating System Ans Downloads by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 14, 2009
you can look at reinstalling a 32 bit OS on the system. i belive the serial number on the bottom of your system will work as long as you install the exact version of vista you are running.

most 32 bit apps will install, and run through a virtual layer, or so i have read, so i'm suprised at your issues

if you do decide to reinstall a 32 bit OS, make sure you download all the 32 bit drivers from hps website first, if your pc has dual drive bays and you have a bit of paper, you can consider buying a second hard drive and installing a pirated 32 bit windows or even windows 7 and dual booting.

my laptop has a 64 bit processor, and i was considering doing just that

cheers

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Code For Error Killers / Visafone Internet Moderm/equipment / Starcomms Hearthache!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.