Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity (28406 Views)

How A Young Man Lost A Job Opportunity / Story Of A Third Class Graduate Who Now Turns Down Multinational Jobs / A Friend Got This Message To Come For An Interview Can Someone Verify It For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Pque(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2015
cold:
My sister recently turned down an incredible job offer too because it would require her working on saturdays. And as a Seventh Day Adventist she would have none of that. As an Atheist,i just shook my head

my brother, 'iya oti toya ni', when suffer pass suffer, she go no.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by pacific4me: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2015
adeaks:
If you can't stand for something then you will fall for anything.

That's his religious belief and he is ready to stand by it. I might not agree with him but I certainly respect him for being able to stand up for what he believes in no matter the cost. God will give him another job that won't compromise his beliefs.

Out of point bro
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2015
adeaks:

That's his religious belief and he is ready to stand by it. I might not agree with him but I certainly respect him for being able to stand up for what he believes in no matter the cost. God will give him another job that won't compromise his beliefs.
God bless your heart and mind
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by herald9: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2015
What if the man falls sick and there are no doctors to treat him on his supposed Sabbath day?

This is the more reason these holy books should be revised and updated for its believers, as the world has changed a lot and people are no longer fishermen and farmers to rest on the Sabbath day.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Whats wrong with people sef? Is it a crime to stand up for what u believe, I once turned down an offer because it required that I work on weekends, av no regrets because I knew I would get another one, life is all about choices and what we believe will happen to us always happens.
He will get another offer, I say once again there a jobs for people who want to work.
Sometimes it helps to be selective, theres no point taking up a job you dont like becos u wont get along with people in the workplace and ultimately u will be fired.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by oluwanoni: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tallesty1:
Most of the guys that commented before me are hypocrites.

How many of you will accept a job that involves coming to work on Sunday?

My current job requires I work on Sundays.....besides it pays the bills.. People be forming religious and righteousness because they attend church on Sunday.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Originalsly: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
I see nothing wrong with that. That's what he is supposed to do....a little test on his faith..on his belief. ..on his conviction. I'm sure another door would suddenly open...and he would get a far better job. Been there done that.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by ayoolab: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
grin grin grin
i have checked this guy... and below are the probable cause(s)

obviously not a top job
has not started paying bills yet
still living with and get allowances from folks
outrightly a religion fanatic
just a socially, spiritually misled and misguided misfit grin
mentally deranged
under spiritually attacke
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
abiolasogey:
I pity ur condition,,
D guy neva nid d job,,,

If dey start 2 dey beg 4 money,,dem go dey luk 4 person we dey do dem,,
Dey use religion as excuse 4 stupidity
Live am,he go hear wen....just don't give him money if he ask oooo cos he go soon come back to beg for more
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
unbeat007:
My Facebook friend has turned a job which is a rear occurrence in Nigeria considering the state of the economy. His reason being that the job requires him to work on Saturday which is against his belief. He considers Saturday a Sabbath day which is meant to be kept holy and based on that fact, he can't work on that same day. My question is, which day is truly the sabbath day?

You are not competitive so you probably may not secure another job.If you do secure another it wont be a job that has career prospects.I wish you all the best.Yaweh will get you another one that you will be the MD.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by obiak4(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
adeaks:

one bottle of anointed origiin for you,had a friend back then in sch he does not read anything academics on sunday no matter what he still graduate as the best in his faculty,IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by kolajosh(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tonynelson:
At OP pls tell ur friend to read, Rev 1:10, acts 20:7,1 cor 16:1-2 and Jn 20:1-22 and see y sabbath is on sunday
I have just read all the bible references u quoted and I must tell you that there was no part where it was said that Sabbath is Sunday (or Saturday). But what I noticed is that you seem to be confusing the first day of the week with the Sabbath day. To help clarify this, please read mathew 28:1. May God keep increasing our knowledge.

By the way I respect that man's stand. it is his belief and he stood by it
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by ExpensiveShit: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Joshmon:
Bros I concur.. Any work that goes against religion should be kept aside!

Religion is a scam.

You think God needs you to do a special thing or behave in a special way for him to be glorified?

Keep following the dictates of people who you never met or have no idea how they came up with the stuff they keep telling you every "religious day".

I believe in God but I belong to no religion. My relationship with God is strictly personal. I don't need anybody or organization to tell me how to relate with my creator.

I would put reason before any religion.

If I wouldn't work on Saturday or Sunday, it because I need to rest on that day (after a very stressful week), not because someone told me its the day God rested as if he was there when God was creating the world. Smh angry
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by bummyla(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Do Not Compromise Bros! Follow Your Heart And God Will Reward You Abundantly In Christ Jesus! Amen! Thank You LORD! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by idrissunny: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ur eyes go clear very soon
chocolateme:
That means he will have to go and apply for it directly with his ministry or heaven.

FTC
Chocolate cream
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by kolajosh(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
6fit:

he want to tell me his only holy on dat day? Or he did not do jamb on saturday? Am sure he has straff a lady on saturday.....dsame Bible says give to ziza what belong to ziza........
it is Caesar dear. And whatever else he might have done doesn't matter. The only issue I have with him is this: why post such on fb? Yeah u have done what u think is right, but WHY TELL THE WHOLE WORLD?
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by dsavant(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Oga forget talk just give me d opportunity n I promise to work all day long
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by JudgementHammer: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tallesty1:
Most of the guys that commented before me are hypocrites.

How many of you will accept a job that involves coming to work on Sunday?
What of muslims who go to work on their own sabbath day..friday?
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by beevee1: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
TOPCRUISE:
7th day adventist dude. Though it could be because it is not an oil company that pay millions. He doesn't like that job and it's pay that is why he is doing shakara
Bros you are on point, i know a seventh day adventist guy when dey work offshore Everyday he is on duty.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by henrijin: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
but he will go to buy things from people who opened shop on saturday. even church dey open on saturday
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
If you don't want jobs that will compromise your faith and belief system , it is important not to even study anything close those nature of jobs that would lead you towards that direction.
I set up my own company and you an ordinary employee or job seeker wants to tell me how and when to run it?
He's wasting his time - if he so much care about his faith and belief system , he wouldn't even knock on their gate to submit his cv.
Talk of over-bloated sense of self entitlement in a society awashed with joblessness - Let the church give him a job then.
FYI: I was born and bred an Adventist.

But that's where you are getting it all wrong. He is not telling the employer how to run his company......he is not in a position to do that. He is simply saying that his religious belief cannot allow him work in your job on the terms you have offered him and he has decided to forgo your job offer rather than forgo his beliefs.
You will get another employee ready to accept your terms and he would also surely get another job that won't make him compromise his beliefs.
Re: Sabbat: A Friend Turns Down A Job Opportunity by Mekzmoney(m): 1:20am On Nov 11, 2015
Dis guy needs a psychiatric attention ASAP.

Oga Eme Gi Vam Na Anya grin

Hunger never waya u 4 house.... Maybe he still

d eat Mama-Thank-Ma for house. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Shake Hands When A Recruiter Asks For A Handshake / Vacancy At Environmental Ethics And Safety Corp / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.