Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,342 members, 7,978,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:58 PM

What Do I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do I Do (729 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do by olaideq(f): 2:07am On May 15, 2009
Please house what do i do!!! i am 27years old into a relationship with my agemate.I'm from Abia state while the guy is from Kaduna state, we are both working in the same establishment.When our relationship clocked a year we decided to inform our parents officially,My family didn't go against us but his family told him categorically to look for someone from their side while the guy is still insisting on me.please house i need advice cos we av been on this issue for some months now. Should i leave the guy and move on with or i should still wait for him as he said?
Re: What Do I Do by OgidiBoy(m): 2:11am On May 15, 2009
If you guys love each other go for it, but I can assure you it's not going to be easy. Igbos are very accepting people, but I'm not sure Hausa will ever accept you.
Re: What Do I Do by Oxone(m): 5:06am On May 15, 2009
if you love him, then marry him
dont believe tribe is enough reason to loose ur happiness
Re: What Do I Do by MaiSuya(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2009
OgidiBoy:

If you guys love each other go for it, but I can assure you it's not going to be easy. Igbos are very accepting people, but I'm not sure Hausa will ever accept you.
False generalization. I should know because I've been in the situation before.

@poster Of what religion is the guy? That's possibly the main reason I feel his family are objecting the union.

Though to be honest, successful Igbo-hausa relationships are pretty rare.
Re: What Do I Do by Secretz(f): 9:52am On May 15, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Generalisation, been there myself too and it's not true. undecided

@ Poster, if the guy is defending your corner, and he himself is not having doubts, he is standing up for you and is not changing how he treats you, then you can wait and see what happens, do not make any hasty decisions. But please know, it is not going to be easy. grin
Re: What Do I Do by BobJames1(f): 10:31am On May 15, 2009
deleted
Re: What Do I Do by C2H5OH(f): 10:36am On May 15, 2009
luckily, it's only been a year. this will continue to be a proble. leave him alone.

When our relationship clocked a year
clol, i like the way you worded this.
Re: What Do I Do by Ournaija: 11:35am On May 15, 2009
We need to get some facts from you as to know what to advise on. Read below:

1. What is his/their religion?
2. Why are their reason(s) for kicking against the proposed marriage?
3. How much does he love you?
4. How does his friends/siblings treat you in his absence

Please supply this and let see how we can help
Re: What Do I Do by Nobody: 11:52am On May 15, 2009
stay with him if and only if you are sure he still wants to stay with you.
Re: What Do I Do by bblacky(f): 12:01pm On May 15, 2009
yeah, religion is d case here, is d guy a muslim, if he is, dat is d probs, u love him ok, but r u willin to bcom a muslim if atal his parents accept ur marriage/

if he is a christian as u are, n his parents ar still insistin on d guy seekin anoda lady in ur place, den i fink its not enuf reason to let go ur happiness 4 sake of ethnicity, religion n culture.

u r sure d guy stil standin 4 u, weda his ppl wishes he dos or not? den folo ur heart gurl n continue wit d marriage love matas not ethnicity.
Re: What Do I Do by izeek(m): 12:25pm On May 15, 2009
well if u sure he wont renage on u at some point and do mummy's bidding,
then stick. if no i advise u think well well.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Greatest Lairs, Men Or Women / Why Are Nairaland Ladies Against D Men And Supportive Of A Fellow Girl`s Shit / Guys Must You Marry A Lady To Prove You Love Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.