Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:40 AM

Our Redeemer Will Soon Come - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Redeemer Will Soon Come (662 Views)

Buhari Will Soon Come For Obasanjo – General Useni / Change Will Soon Come, Adesina Tells His Kinsmen Sun Newspaper / Biography Of Sir Jude Emeka Idimogu(redeemer Of Oshodi-isolo Constituency) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by Oluti(m): 3:25am On May 15, 2009
Our Redeemer Will Soon Come

They said it is no more fashionable
No one wants it any more
The west would hear none of it
The whole world detest it
I laugh and shook my head in wonder
How can my people be so dumb?
How could they be so fickle minded?

When a nonentity
Who barely can read the writings on a bread wrapper
When a fool who told his teacher to go to hell
Earns =N=300,000 a month
And collect mouth watering allowances to boot
Dictates and call the shots
Determines our future
And dare us make a noise
Then our redeemer lurks around the corner

When a political party bereft of ideology
Swear to rule us  till eternity
When law breakers turn lawmakers
Say our collective wish amount to nothing
When the Maurice of this world
Say we waste our time
Voting a party of our choice
When thugs euphemistically called senators
And governors not fit to rule their household
Say Ekiti people are fools to express their preference
Then we unwittingly hasten  our redeemer to come.

Heh! You kinky senators
Heh! You Randy governors
Remember Jerry Rawlings
What he did to those thieving politicians
Those kleptomaniacs
That stole and looted their treasury
Without shame and remorse
They stashes their collective heritage
And mortgage their future
For pot of porridge onboard and abroad
Remember, remember, remember
Take heed now and listen well
The shadow man lurks around the corner

I slept yesterday and dreamt
Though I am neither a prophet nor a seer
I look into the future trembled in fear
A Jerry Rawlings lurks around the corner
I saw disaster awaiting treasury looters
If only our bald-headed fools can listen
If only they can take a moment to consider
Though we voted them not into power
Though we want them not for our leaders
I wish them not the kind of evil I foresee
The terrible fate I see in my vision
I wish not even for my enemy

When the son of the poor is hungry
And his stomach rumbles and tumbles in the night
Then the son of a rich man must sleep with open eyes
When a graduate rides okada for a living
And a professor begs his students for fuel money
When factory remains under lock and key
Because NEPA is on permanent holiday
When oil our main source of income
Becomes a scarce commodity in our land
When girls of marriage age
Peddles their wares openly
‘Cause marriageable men had no money
When evil men becomes our rulers
When men of no consequence collect =N=100 million per quarter
And lords it over all of us
Then our redeemer is around the corner
To save us the agony of dying before our time.
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by jesuseun1(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2009
my broda,

dont expect d redeemer again,d redeemer has come already,and God has position u as a redeemer too to save the situation of our dear nation.

see ur self as the david and joseph of our generation.God is expectin u to rise to kill a goliath and interpret a DREAM IN OUR GENeration.
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by Oluti(m): 12:12am On May 18, 2009
My brother,
There you go scriptural on me. I am a ferevent believer of our destiny being in our hands. God created and gave us the free will to choose as we deem fit. To free ourselves from the parasitical lots that profess to be our rulers, collective action should be taken. No nation frees itself from their tormentors without breaking some eggs if you get my drift. I am ill equipped for that both spiritually and physically. I am not a politician neither do I ever aspire to become one. Prayer is not only what we need at this time but action. We need to take the bull by the horn and chase the bunch that have atrophied our progress for so long out of town. They are the people Bob Marley of blessed memory called 'dem crazy bald head' Even David had to confront the Goliath physically.

No nation attain to the level of their potential by being complacent as we are. Somebody once remark that when a Nigerian is pushed to the wall, he would rather break down the wall than fighting back! Is that really how we are? I don't think so. The redeemer like I said is waiting on the sideline to enter into the spirit of the game. When he does, God help those that have been tormenting us.  It happened in Ghana. It must  happen here in Nigeria. My posting is not one of frustration but of hope. I believe it with all my soul that our deliverer is here already waiting to free us and set us on the path that will place us on the ladder that will make us the real giant of Africa.
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by OneNaija(m): 12:42am On May 18, 2009
The Past Military Regime is our Backwardness, Because we fear for Army gun and Police Brutality.This is Democracy Let us not think Democracy is like Military Regime where Army have the right to treat you anyhow they like.We have to think for once.If we want to move this Country forward.Let forget what will happen.We fear the Government they are Human being like Us, Please We cant fear them Instead let them fear Us. We cant continue to give those slowpoke a chance to defeat us always.Nairalander,Nigerians It time to Knock Down of your Neighbor to Advice them and Let act fast on the coming Election 2011.If you believe we can do it. Say Yes we can.
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by udezue(m): 12:56am On May 18, 2009
lol ;d
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by Nignog: 1:02am On May 18, 2009
wen he come? i like to redeem my bottles and cans so i can buy some body parts at the market
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by denko(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2009
fellow nairalander, our dear country is crying for help if we this present generation does not take the bull by the horn we shall DIE and the generation onborn will suffer more we do. what we need IS REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!!
Re: Our Redeemer Will Soon Come by Nignog: 5:27pm On May 18, 2009
Revolution git us where we r today we need Colonial rule. ooooooooooooooooooooh

(1) (Reply)

Indian Father Refuses To Wash For 35 Years / Nigeria Rebels Call 'all-out War' / What Is Nigeria Turning Into ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.