Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 (1052 Views)

Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by basilo101: 2:06am On Nov 11, 2015
NOTE: Full Dataset can be downloaded from NBS eLibrary at:
http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/NBS%20eLibrary

1 Like

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by basilo101: 2:08am On Nov 11, 2015
continued....

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by basilo101: 2:19am On Nov 11, 2015
My observation: Many international airports have been existing but fail to attract any international traveller, except during hajj (Q3). Enugu airport started two years ago and have beaten all these mushroom international airports existing for a long time, now about to start closing in on Kano, the least among the popular big four (lagos, Abj, PH, kano)
Question: Why have there been numerous unviable international airport where the region who have wat it take to sustain a viable one is denied the priviledge until recently under GEJ. Some ppl dont believe that the alleged igbo marginalization is real, but statistics like this seem to proove beyond doubt that it is more than real

5 Likes

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by Flyoruboy(m): 3:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Guy, I don't really get the point of your argument. Why must you all see everything from a conspiracy theory/marginalization against igbo or supremacist prism? Do you have to denigrate other regional airports to drive home your point? Enugu airport you are talking about isn't the only regional airport in the SE region -- Owerri has also always been there and performed decently albeit domestically, ditto Enugu domestically.

For all the noise you all make I was actually expecting to see Enugu international present numbers at least half that of PH airport's (the SS regional /international airport) to correspond with your deafening noises. More importantly, the Enugu numbers have apparently not taken away anything significant from the established international airports (a la MMIA, Abuja, PH, and Kano) in terms of numbers/traffic, so pls live and let live for goodness sake. Rather than looking for excuses to tickle your egos, concern yourselves with convincing more international airlines to ply that route.

1 Like

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by Demmocrats(m): 3:10am On Nov 11, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by tonytony208(m): 5:11am On Nov 11, 2015
basilo101:
My observation: Many international airports have been existing but fail to attract any international traveller, except during hajj (Q3). Enugu airport started two years ago and have beaten all these mushroom international airports existing for a long time, now about to start closing in on Kano, the least among the popular big four (lagos, Abj, PH, kano)
Question: Why have there been numerous unviable international airport where the region who have wat it take to sustain a viable one is denied the priviledge until recently under GEJ. Some ppl dont believe that the alleged igbo marginalization is real, but statistics like this seem to proove beyond doubt that it is more than real

Is that why you started asking for Biafra the moment gej lost election?

1 Like

Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by basilo101: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Flyoruboy:
Guy, I don't really get the point of your argument. Why must you all see everything from a conspiracy theory/marginalization against igbo or supremacist prism? Do you have to denigrate other regional airports to drive home your point? Enugu airport you are talking about isn't the only regional airport in the SE region -- Owerri has also always been there and performed decently albeit domestically, ditto Enugu domestically.

For all the noise you all make I was actually expecting to see Enugu international present numbers at least half that of PH airport's (the SS regional /international airport) to correspond with your deafening noises. More importantly, the Enugu numbers have apparently not taken away anything significant from the established international airports (a la MMIA, Abuja, PH, and Kano) in terms of numbers/traffic, so pls live and let live for goodness sake. Rather than looking for excuses to tickle your egos, concern yourselves with convincing more international routes/airlines to ply that route.
You dont get. my question is " why international airport was wasting in yola, kaduna, sokoto, katsina and illorin without any commercial viability. i never tried to compare enugu with the big four. Enugu will catch up in the long run when the international terminal and cargo facility is completed. I didn't even kw that so much mushroom international airport were scatterd all over, why make it look like rocket science in the more viable route? plz address these issues and stop trying to shy away from the obvious. There is nothing "international" in Enugu airport yet, instead of you to encourage FG to put the facilities there, u are telling me to go and convince airlines to ply the route?? U praised owerri airport but do u kw dat it was built frm individual's contribution and handed to FG? But look unviable ones scattered everywia. Lol, Nigerians sef
Re: AIR TRAFFIC In Nigerian Airports 2013 And 2014 by basilo101: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
tonytony208:

Is that why you started asking for Biafra the moment gej lost election?
We have always wanted Biafra. THere are clear evidences of FG backed plan to stop certain region from attaining its full potential

(1) (Reply)

Fr. Mbaka Gives Condition To Support Biafra Protest / Nnamdi Kanu:lawyer Writes Nba National President,accuses Pmb Of Inviting Anarchy / Jim Nwobodo denies media propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.