Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,160 members, 7,880,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:08 PM

People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ (2248 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan clarifying what he meant by stealing is not corruption saying he was quoted out of context.(8th Presidential media chat,Feb 2015) “People who told you I said stealing is not corruption did not tell you I said stealing is good. That is why philosophers say that the primary reason people disagree is because people use one statement to explain two typical things or vice versa. “I made that statement because I quoted the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mustapha, (when) I called a meeting then, with the anti-crime organisations and the judiciary. “The CJN, Mustapha decided to take a look at the files that dealt with corruption and more than 80 per cent of them were just cases of stealing. But people use corruption to cover all. What I am saying is that let us go to the South-West and go to a typical community and they look at you and say this man is corrupt, people will be looking at you. But call that same man “ole”, that is thief, and see what will happen to him. Our people hate thieves more than corrupt people, yet most times, we use corruption to cover the lapses. “A thief should be called a thief and treated as such. In my village, when an adult steals, they strip him unclad, humiliate him and his family, but if you say this man is corrupt, they won’t know what you are talking about. We are using corruption to cover it all up. “So, let us communicate properly. It was not me that said it, I quoted Mustapha. He examined the corruption cases and he saw that they were just cases of stealing. “We are identifying thieves; we can talk about what the agencies are doing. We have made more convictions in this period than before. But I always say that the answer is not convicting more people. We must make sure that they don’t steal. Do not put the money where they can steal it. That is what we are doing.” Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176637-goodluck-jonathans-8th-presidential-media-chat-live-updates.html

3 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by vivianblog2(f): 11:24am On Nov 11, 2015
ok
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by benedictnsi(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2015
Any source
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by libertyfather(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2015
You've started again abi?

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Adaowerri111: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2015
so this man still insisting that stealing isn't corruption abi

3 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Adaowerri111:
so this man still insisting that stealing isn't corruption abi

“The CJN, Mustapha decided to take a look at the files that dealt with corruption and more than 80 per cent of them were just cases of stealing. But people use corruption to cover all. What I am saying is that let us go to the South-West and go to a typical community and they look at you and say this man is corrupt, people will be looking at you. But call that same man “ole”, that is thief, and see what will happen to him. Our people hate thieves more than corrupt people, yet most times, we use corruption to cover the lapses. “A thief should be called a thief and treated as such. In my village, when an adult steals, they strip him unclad, humiliate him and his family, but if you say this man is corrupt, they won’t know what you are talking about. We are using corruption to cover it all up" GEJ

2 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Pavarottii(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2015
No need to explain; the educated, rational and realist understood wat u meant SIR! Simply they are all thieves, no need to sugarcoat it that they are corrupt.

6 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by DaBullIT(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Even when i am reading what he said , he still sounds clueless

6 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2015
Chai.... grin

2 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by neolboy(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2015
Let the illiterates know. GEJ OUR HERO

3 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by tuniski: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2015
It is only a beer parlour parlance that is now taking to officialdom for campaign. A thief is a thief not covered as corrupt. GEJ that is scholarly!

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Christoskurion: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Yet, they may not even understand.
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by saint047(m): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan came too early for Nigeria. They said there is no fuel subsidy, why are they Paying over N400 Billion for subsidy? But Jonathan did away with subsidy in 2012, your OCCUPY NIGERIA protests brought subsidy back! BVN [Bank Verification Number] was introduced by President Goodluck Jonathan to help fight fraud and track perennial and serial bank debtors. This is a specie of the American Social Security Number that is limited to Bank accounts. Every person who has a bank account must have a Biometrics verified BVN. President Jonathan also introduced a single payroll account system for all federal civil servants to fish out ghost workers and ensure accountability. President Jonathan also funded the National ID card system to identify Nigerians. The original idea for National ID was in 1979. However, records available in the public domain show that President Buhari did not register for the National ID until he became president. He opposed it. APC derided President Jonathan for saying that he will use technology to fight corruption. Talking of GEJ using digital technology to fight corruption, there is also the automation of the entire Customs Clearance Procedure which eliminated fraud and allows for faster and smoother clearance of goods at the ports. Today, APC claims BUHARI HAD PERFORMED WELL MORE THAN GEJ. But according to Ibrahim Bunu: “Am perplexed, angry and at the same time disgusted at some comments on my last post insinuating that Buhari hasn’t achieved anything this year. When; 1. Boko Haram members are running Maiduguri and Yola down and have killed over 3 thousand people since May 29. 2. Fulani herdsmen are distroying farmlands and killing farmers with full force. 3. The Economy is already on recession? 4. Fuel scarcity and increase in fuel price is the order of the day. 5. DSS is been used to fight perceived enemies. 6. Our media no longer dish out reliable news. 7. The Nigerian Army is now been used to deceive gullible Nigerians and also, instead of fighting boko haram head on, they are busy issuing warnings. 8. It took the President 5-6 months to release his thank you/noisemakers list in the form of ministers. 9. Having some of the most Corrupt and Senile politicians just like the president himself. 10. No project has been commissioned. 11. Refinery that was due for operation in 2016 was forcefully put to operation and subsequently shut down. 12. Body Odour generated power has declined back to its epileptic state. 13. De-marketing Nigeria to foreign investors. 14. Confusion everywhere as most statements released by one media aid of the President is refuted by the second aid before the day runs out. 15. All campaign promises has been roundly denied. 16. The president converted Nigerian Economy to a Northern empire by choosing mostly northerners to head important posts and tagging the regions that didn’t vote for him as 5 percent. 17. Crime rate has quadrupled in Lagos, Abuja and the whole Nigeria. 18. The only Economic direction of the President is blames, blames and multiple blames. 19. The President misses important functions and goofs at important meetings/interviews abroad? 20. The President only speaks to Nigeria via BBC Hausa or via foreign media stations while only his aids speak to us via Nigerian stations. 21. Job losses everywhere, with job creation at it’s lowest since 1984 talk about breaking his own record. 22. JP Morgan delisted Nigeria from its bond index. 23. Fighting perceived enemies and using judges to criminally upturn elections in opposition states. 24. Further deplating our researves by embarking on fruitless journeys outside Nigeria. 25. Running a government where some gullible Nigerians equal performance with number of snapshots per day, as this administration has been rightfully tagged photocracy. 26. First ever President to be campaigning after election by making new promises albeit denying the ones made during his presidential campaign. Truthfully, Buhari has achieved a lot but UNFORTUNATELY/SADLY, the achievements were NEGATIVE ONES My comment: Don’t blame Buhari, blame gullible Nigerians….

3 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Demdem(m): 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
This man still sound daft
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by DMerciful(m): 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
Comparing a certificateless PMB with GEJ is like comparing NTA with CNN undecided Nigeria decided to go back in time. yeye dey smell!
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by aresa: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
The foolish, corrupt and incompetent man said stealing is not corruption but just Mere Stealing.

Mere: Definition.

Used for emphasizing that something is small or unimportant

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/mere_1

If corruption was stealing, it means all the hundreds of billions of our stolen dollars = Mere Stealing

So how what's so Mere small and insignificant about our stolen hundreds of billions of dollars?

Either way the clone dances around his crooked and corrupt statement, he still insinuated that we didn't have corruption and stealing was not a bid deal...

2 Likes

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by toolovely(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:
This man still sound daft

because you have an empty skull

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
toolovely:

because i have an empty skull

oo i see. but i see no correlation

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by dazdilijae(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
saint047:
Goodluck Jonathan came too early for Nigeria.
They said there is no fuel subsidy, why are they
Paying over N400 Billion for subsidy? But
Jonathan did away with subsidy in 2012, your
OCCUPY NIGERIA protests brought subsidy back!
BVN [Bank Verification Number] was introduced
by President Goodluck Jonathan to help fight
fraud and track perennial and serial bank debtors.
This is a specie of the American Social Security
Number that is limited to Bank accounts. Every
person who has a bank account must have a
Biometrics verified BVN.
President Jonathan also introduced a single
payroll account system for all federal civil
servants to fish out ghost workers and ensure
accountability.
President Jonathan also funded the National ID
card system to identify Nigerians. The original
idea for National ID was in 1979.
However, records available in the public domain
show that President Buhari did not register for the
National ID until he became president. He
opposed it.
APC derided President Jonathan for saying that
he will use technology to fight corruption. Talking
of GEJ using digital technology to fight
corruption, there is also the automation of the
entire Customs Clearance Procedure which
eliminated fraud and allows for faster and
smoother clearance of goods at the ports.
Today, APC claims BUHARI HAD PERFORMED
WELL MORE THAN GEJ.
But according to Ibrahim Bunu: “Am perplexed,
angry and at the same time disgusted at some
comments on my last post insinuating that Buhari
hasn’t achieved anything this year.
When;
1. Boko Haram members are running Maiduguri
and Yola down and have killed over 3 thousand
people since May 29.
2. Fulani herdsmen are distroying farmlands and
killing farmers with full force.
3. The Economy is already on recession?
4. Fuel scarcity and increase in fuel price is the
order of the day.
5. DSS is been used to fight perceived enemies.
6. Our media no longer dish out reliable news.
7. The Nigerian Army is now been used to
deceive gullible Nigerians and also, instead of
fighting boko haram head on, they are busy
issuing warnings.
8. It took the President 5-6 months to release his
thank you/noisemakers list in the form of
ministers.
9. Having some of the most Corrupt and Senile
politicians just like the president himself.
10. No project has been commissioned.
11. Refinery that was due for operation in 2016
was forcefully put to operation and subsequently
shut down.
12. Body Odour generated power has declined
back to its epileptic state.
13. De-marketing Nigeria to foreign investors.
14. Confusion everywhere as most statements
released by one media aid of the President is
refuted by the second aid before the day runs
out.
15. All campaign promises has been roundly
denied.
16. The president converted Nigerian Economy to
a Northern empire by choosing mostly northerners
to head important posts and tagging the regions
that didn’t vote for him as 5 percent.
17. Crime rate has quadrupled in Lagos, Abuja
and the whole Nigeria.
18. The only Economic direction of the President
is blames, blames and multiple blames.
19. The President misses important functions and
goofs at important meetings/interviews abroad?
20. The President only speaks to Nigeria via BBC
Hausa or via foreign media stations while only his
aids speak to us via Nigerian stations.
21. Job losses everywhere, with job creation at
it’s lowest since 1984 talk about breaking his
own record.
22. JP Morgan delisted Nigeria from its bond
index.
23. Fighting perceived enemies and using judges
to criminally upturn elections in opposition states.
24. Further deplating our researves by embarking
on fruitless journeys outside Nigeria.
25. Running a government where some gullible
Nigerians equal performance with number of
snapshots per day, as this administration has
been rightfully tagged photocracy.
26. First ever President to be campaigning after
election by making new promises albeit denying
the ones made during his presidential campaign.
Truthfully, Buhari has achieved a lot but
UNFORTUNATELY/SADLY, the achievements were
NEGATIVE ONES
My comment: Don’t blame Buhari, blame gullible
Nigerians….

Aouch
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by dazdilijae(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
saint047:
Goodluck Jonathan came too early for Nigeria.
They said there is no fuel subsidy, why are they
Paying over N400 Billion for subsidy? But
Jonathan did away with subsidy in 2012, your
OCCUPY NIGERIA protests brought subsidy back!
BVN [Bank Verification Number] was introduced
by President Goodluck Jonathan to help fight
fraud and track perennial and serial bank debtors.
This is a specie of the American Social Security
Number that is limited to Bank accounts. Every
person who has a bank account must have a
Biometrics verified BVN.
President Jonathan also introduced a single
payroll account system for all federal civil
servants to fish out ghost workers and ensure
accountability.
President Jonathan also funded the National ID
card system to identify Nigerians. The original
idea for National ID was in 1979.
However, records available in the public domain
show that President Buhari did not register for the
National ID until he became president. He
opposed it.
APC derided President Jonathan for saying that
he will use technology to fight corruption. Talking
of GEJ using digital technology to fight
corruption, there is also the automation of the
entire Customs Clearance Procedure which
eliminated fraud and allows for faster and
smoother clearance of goods at the ports.
Today, APC claims BUHARI HAD PERFORMED
WELL MORE THAN GEJ.
But according to Ibrahim Bunu: “Am perplexed,
angry and at the same time disgusted at some
comments on my last post insinuating that Buhari
hasn’t achieved anything this year.
When;
1. Boko Haram members are running Maiduguri
and Yola down and have killed over 3 thousand
people since May 29.
2. Fulani herdsmen are distroying farmlands and
killing farmers with full force.
3. The Economy is already on recession?
4. Fuel scarcity and increase in fuel price is the
order of the day.
5. DSS is been used to fight perceived enemies.
6. Our media no longer dish out reliable news.
7. The Nigerian Army is now been used to
deceive gullible Nigerians and also, instead of
fighting boko haram head on, they are busy
issuing warnings.
8. It took the President 5-6 months to release his
thank you/noisemakers list in the form of
ministers.
9. Having some of the most Corrupt and Senile
politicians just like the president himself.
10. No project has been commissioned.
11. Refinery that was due for operation in 2016
was forcefully put to operation and subsequently
shut down.
12. Body Odour generated power has declined
back to its epileptic state.
13. De-marketing Nigeria to foreign investors.
14. Confusion everywhere as most statements
released by one media aid of the President is
refuted by the second aid before the day runs
out.
15. All campaign promises has been roundly
denied.
16. The president converted Nigerian Economy to
a Northern empire by choosing mostly northerners
to head important posts and tagging the regions
that didn’t vote for him as 5 percent.
17. Crime rate has quadrupled in Lagos, Abuja
and the whole Nigeria.
18. The only Economic direction of the President
is blames, blames and multiple blames.
19. The President misses important functions and
goofs at important meetings/interviews abroad?
20. The President only speaks to Nigeria via BBC
Hausa or via foreign media stations while only his
aids speak to us via Nigerian stations.
21. Job losses everywhere, with job creation at
it’s lowest since 1984 talk about breaking his
own record.
22. JP Morgan delisted Nigeria from its bond
index.
23. Fighting perceived enemies and using judges
to criminally upturn elections in opposition states.
24. Further deplating our researves by embarking
on fruitless journeys outside Nigeria.
25. Running a government where some gullible
Nigerians equal performance with number of
snapshots per day, as this administration has
been rightfully tagged photocracy.
26. First ever President to be campaigning after
election by making new promises albeit denying
the ones made during his presidential campaign.
Truthfully, Buhari has achieved a lot but
UNFORTUNATELY/SADLY, the achievements were
NEGATIVE ONES
My comment: Don’t blame Buhari, blame gullible
Nigerians….

Aouch it hurts
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by speedyGonzales: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
GodsMercy1:
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan clarifying what he meant by stealing is not corruption saying he was quoted out of context.(8th Presidential media chat,Feb 2015) “People who told you I said stealing is not corruption did not tell you I said stealing is good. That is why philosophers say that the primary reason people disagree is because people use one statement to explain two typical things or vice versa. “I made that statement because I quoted the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mustapha, (when) I called a meeting then, with the anti-crime organisations and the judiciary. “The CJN, Mustapha decided to take a look at the files that dealt with corruption and more than 80 per cent of them were just cases of stealing. But people use corruption to cover all. What I am saying is that let us go to the South-West and go to a typical community and they look at you and say this man is corrupt, people will be looking at you. But call that same man “ole”, that is thief, and see what will happen to him. Our people hate thieves more than corrupt people, yet most times, we use corruption to cover the lapses. “A thief should be called a thief and treated as such. In my village, when an adult steals, they strip him unclad, humiliate him and his family, but if you say this man is corrupt, they won’t know what you are talking about. We are using corruption to cover it all up. “So, let us communicate properly. It was not me that said it, I quoted Mustapha. He examined the corruption cases and he saw that they were just cases of stealing. “We are identifying thieves; we can talk about what the agencies are doing. We have made more convictions in this period than before. But I always say that the answer is not convicting more people. We must make sure that they don’t steal. Do not put the money where they can steal it. That is what we are doing.” Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176637-goodluck-jonathans-8th-presidential-media-chat-live-updates.html

well, within context it make sense, Now! funny how context just changes everything!
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by prince4pro(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Medicine after death
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by beejaay: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
speedyGonzales:

well, within context it make sense, Now! funny how context just changes everything!

its intriguing how everything changes when one keep an open mind......things will change if we start seeing our politician as common thief instead of of seeing them as corrupt......

our politicians are common thieves and nothing more

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Phronesisugo(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
GEJ is right calling a thief a corrupt man or woman is like celebrating his/her criminal status; simply put call him/her a thief,he/she may not be bold to come and contest election, masses may stone them. Politicians are Barawo's

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by TimeManager(m): 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Stale news.Going by logic,if stealing is not corruption then corruption is not stealing.No one can justify the statement,its basically unpresidential.GEJ TAKE A BLOW AND GO!That was an international embarrasement.Deal With It Or Die With It!
The Truth Has Spoken!No Lie Only Truth!

1 Like

Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
TimeManager:
Stale news.Going by logic,if stealing is not corruption then corruption is not stealing.No one can justify the statement,its basically unpresidential.GEJ TAKE A BLOW AND GO!That was an international embarrasement.Deal With It Or Die With It!
GEJ only quoted the former CJN. Guess you need to read the statement again with an open mind. Thanks.
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Scholes007(m): 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pavarottii:
No need to explain; the educated, rational and realist understood wat u meant SIR! Simply they are all thieves, no need to sugarcoat it that they are corrupt.
SIMPLE
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by peromosele: 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
In every chemical composition there is equal and opposite reaction.
So therefore thief=corruption and corruption =thief
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by TimeManager(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=GodsMercy1 post=39945230] GEJ only quoted the former CJN. Guess you need to read the statement again with an open mind. Thanks.

AND SO WHAT! THE CJN SAID THAT TO GEJ STILL DOES NOT JUSTIFY HIM(GEJ) SPEW THAT IN PUBLIC IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD. IT DOES NOT BEFIT LOGIC HOWEVER YOU LOOK AT IT..IT GOES TO CONFIRM THE OBVIOUS THAT GEJ DOES NOT HAVE THE MIND OF HIS OWN.HE BELIEVES WHATEVER ANYONE AROUND HIM TELL HIM.
Re: People Use Corruption To Cover Up Stealing - GEJ by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
here we go again

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Sambo Dasuki Arrested Buhari In August 26th 1985 / / Photo-These Are People That Are Suppose To Go To Sambisa Forest To Fish Out BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.